It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flare heading towards earth -nasa

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Just watching the SOHO movies for the last few days the sun has been having major gas. Looks like another good size one let go on the NW limb around midnight on August 2nd. I was looking at the NIST movies for the last week and it explains a lot.

I have family in town from Ontario so we've been doing lots of touristy stuff this last week. I've got burned like never before. I wear 30 waterproof sunscreen and apply almost every hour and my neck is fried like you wouldn't believe. And I'm a good "tanner". I've only had maybe a dozen sunburns in my life. This one ranks about #3. Gotta a doozy in San Andreas, Columbia when I was younger. Too drunk to remember to put it on.

The Solar wind speeds are up and the pressure against the sun facing side of the magnetic shield is at the top of the scale and has been all week. Even where it curls around the backside of the Earth hit the top of the scale.

The next solar max should bring some interesting observations. She's definitely not asleep anymore

As previous posters have noted, if you live near British Columbia your sky more than likely has soot from the crazy amount of forest fires we have going on right now. BC forest fire stats BC interactive forest fire map

Deez

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
In the posted movie clip a few posts ago, it was funny what the words on the screen said "dust or HAIR on SOHO lens" HAIR?! In SPACE?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I live in SW Ohio and on Sunday evening the sun was a bright orange ball. Do we have to protect our computers somehow or should I just unplug it for the next couple of days?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

Man, How many big earthquakes will be heard of after this event?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
a big EQ was predicted by web-bot at beginning of august..let see if this CME triggers it...
wat is the amount of mass in the CME ..earth is colliding to ?

[edit on 2-8-2010 by ressiv]

The "Web Bot" has biffed more than 10 predictions in the last month. I think the predictions are batting worse on average than a magic eight ball.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Unless you see a CLASS X flare, its nothing to really worry about. If its 'off the SOHO charts' like the one in 200...4 I think, that was like a X-49 or something, but it missed earth.

So don't worry, be happy! And watch the auroras if you're up north/south!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

We should start running future predictions through this guy and see what he has to say. He's had amazing accuracy in the recent past. It's worth a test run.

Deez

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry just yet as the sun will turn deep red when the event many are concerned about is to occure the deep redness signals the type of radiation that will be incomming (gamma). I think the star is just adjusting to current times right now along with other stars, but would stay observent of its/their activities...

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
what about hurricanes........look up what the sun spat out in 2005 a year that was a solar minimum of when Rita and the other large storms hit..... i think there was some earthquakes too ....its worth looking up but i know there was a few xclass flairs

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I think that we all need to open our eyes and start realising what's going on.
To all the dis info agents, carry on, you are wasting your time coz people will see the truth soon enough.
Big quakes by friday? Along with everything else? We'll soon see.
I think that the time that our ancestors described is upon us

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i'm not surprised. we have one heading towards us every week it seems. nothing ever happen.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
im sorry katrina and rita on jan, 1 and 17th of 2005 it reeleased a x2 and a x3 and on sept. 17th an x17 the largest ever recorded in history and katrina hit florida on aug. 25 and as we alll know most hurricanes are formed of the west coast of africa and pakistan had the 7.6 earthquake on oct. 8

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Reply to post by jazz10

rofl i like you. you remind me of someone i knew offline a long time ago who was the same way. anyone who didn't agree with him was a disinfo agent. but people forget there are other people fighting for the other side who are equally as devious. *shrug*

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ekhodust

Well guess we will have to wait and see then? No significant quakes by friday (7+mag) then I was wrong, however if there is then I'm right, proving that we understand absolutely sweet FA and only believe what we are told.
Ill leave it at that until saturday.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by jazz10

that's where you and my old friend are different. your at least open-minded enough to say it can go either way. not just *your* way. total props to you.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

The only disinfo I see around here is from you.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by ekhodust

Well guess we will have to wait and see then? No significant quakes by friday (7+mag) then I was wrong, however if there is then I'm right, proving that we understand absolutely sweet FA and only believe what we are told.
Ill leave it at that until saturday.

Correlation does not equal causation. Even if there are big quakes by Friday it wouldn't prove your point in any way.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
well aint that dandy,the only one Ed dames gets right has to be the kill shot
,thanks for nothing geogre snorey,nice knowing you guys!!! lol

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Do I need sun block

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
where (if at all) will it be visible from, how long will it last?
i live in the uk so will i see anything at all (if the sky is clear for once)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join