It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar flare heading towards earth -nasa

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well, the weather channel said the Auroras would be brighter/further south due to this. I doubt Florida will see anything.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm so stoked. I'm in AK and we have clear skies right now. Should be a great show tonight.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One thing I am concerned about is that these particles are supposed to hit earth in the early hours of the 4th. This information came from a Harvard professor, so is that east coast time? My point is that in the early hours of the 4th on the east coast It's still daylight here. So does that mean I'm going to get a nuked while I'm BBq'ing tonight?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I just stepped outside to look for the northern lights,............. nothin.
I live in wisconsin

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

No panic from my side. Just a natural cycle! It would be nice if everyone knew the bigger picture.

I wish to provide some technical information on how the Sun and Earth are connected; the speed in which the sun can affect the earth and therefore state that we are affected (simultaneously as the occurrences of sunspots and SME’s happen).

It seems from my research that there is more to it as I first suggested, if I am incorrect in any of my statements please correct me. If what these articles and books suggest; based on quantum theory and hyperdimensional physics it seems that there is a simultaneous coherence between the Sun and Earth.

This coherence is not bound by the speed of light (186,000 miles per second, usually takes 8.3 minutes for light to travel from the sun to earth). There fore the CME’s can affect us instantaneously as they occur, although the particles that we measure may take 1 to 5 days to actually reach the earth. CME’s are large bubble of gas that are bound with magnetic field lines, these are then ejected from the sun. CME’s are instigated in the solar corona which is governed by magnetic energy, and therefore the energy source is magnetic. My point being is that we are dealing with magnetic fields and not light.

First I’ll start by explaining the connections. A concise piece of Hyperdimensional physics theory.

Hyperdimensional physics by Dan Sewell Ward

“Vortex atoms” -- tiny, self-sustaining “whirlpools” in the so-called ether -- one envisioned by William Thompson (1867), which he and his 19th Century contemporaries “increasingly believed extended throughout the Universe as an all-pervasive, incompressible fluid.” The latter included James Clerk Maxwell -- undoubtedly the patron saint of modern electromagnetic theory -- who developed a mechanical vortex model of an incompressible ether in which Thompson’s vortex atom could exist.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

So now for a little more on those vortices and how they work...

Subtle Connections by Ervin Laszlo

Article is discussing: G.I. Shipov's A Theory of Physical Vacuum, Moscow 1995 (mimeo);

Presently Akimov and his team consider the quantum vacuum as a universal torsion wave carrying medium. The torsion field is said to fill all of space isotropically, including its matter component. It has a quantal structure that is unobservable in non- disturbed states. However, violations of vacuum symmetry and invariance create different, and in principle observable, states.

The torsion field theory takes a modified form of the original electron- positron model of the "Dirac- sea": the vacuum's energy field is viewed as a system of rotating wave packets of electrons and positrons (rather than a sea of electron- positron pairs). Where the wave- packets are mutually embedded, the field is electrically neutral. If the spins of the embedded packets have the opposite sign, the system is compensated not only in charge, but also in classical spin and magnetic moment. Such a system is said to be a "phyton." Dense ensembles of phytons are said to approximate a simplified model of the physical vacuum field.

Quote Continued...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Reflections]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Subtle Connections by Ervin Laszlo Part 2

When the phytons are spin- compensated, their orientation within the ensemble is arbitrary. But when a charge q is the source of disturbance, the action produces a charge polarization of the vacuum, as prescribed by quantum electrodynamics. When a mass m is the source of disturbance, the phytons produce symmetrical oscillations along the axis given by the direction of the disturbance. The vacuum then enters a state characterized by the oscillation of the phytons along their longitudinal spin- polarization; this is interpreted as a gravitational field (G- field). The gravitational field is thus the result of vacuum decompensation arising at its point of polarization

As a result Akimov et al. view the vacuum as a physical medium that can assume various polarization states. Given charge polarization, the vacuum is manifested as the electromagnetic field. Given matter- polarization, it is manifested as the gravitational field. And given spin- polarization, the vacuum manifests as a spin- field. All fundamental fields known to physics correspond to specific vacuum polarization- states.

This is the interesting part.

Thus the above "torsion- field theory of the physical vacuum" can claim that all objects, from quanta to galaxies, create vortices in the vacuum. The vortices created by particles and other material objects are information carriers, linking physical events quasi-instantaneously

Faster than light? Well lets see...

The group-speed of these "torsion- waves" is of the order of 109 C — one billion times the speed of light.

Since not just physical objects, also the neurons in our brain create and receive torsion- waves, not only particles are "informed" of each other's presence (as in the famous EPR experiments), also humans can be so informed: our brain, too, is a vacuum- based "torsion- field transceiver." This suggests a physical explanation not only of quantum non- locality, but also of telepathy, remote viewing, and the other telesomatic effects discussed above

Quote from www.goertzel.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Vortex control gravity by Paul Richard Price

As was first theorized by Dr. Ning Li in the work on gravitational field lattices, gravity can be manipulated by using a complex magnetic vortex field (Cooke, 2002). As is already known a vortex is a swirling mass, which for this discussion will be a swirling magnetic field mass. This mass then constitutes a physical response that will interact with the gravity field that causes a release of energy in the form of a wave in the lower frequency range.

Gravity can be controlled by the use of magnetic vortex compression fields otherwise known as torsion fields

Gravity, as a force actually is electromagnetic in nature and can be controlled by outside electromagnetic forces.

www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

So it seems to me that gravity can be affected by what we call the vacuum, (although it's more like a physical vacuum full of particles that can carry information) in terms of torsion waves. I'm trying to understand the role gravity plays in helping the quasi instantaneous communication...

Faster than the Speed of Light? by Lambert Dolphin, Physicist

A very exciting possibility has now come into the light. It has long been known that gravitational forces apparently act instantaneously over the entire universe. Why this should be so is simply glossed over and ignored in every generation of physics classes and in countless technical papers. One way to understand this is to consider what is called "the classical aberration of light"-- which was discovered by Bradley in 1728. In fact, aberration data became one of the early methods for measuring the speed of light. Light from the sun requires 8.3 minutes to travel from the sun to the earth during which time the sun and the earth have moved as much as 20 arc seconds with respect to each other. Similarly light from the stars arrives at an angle which can be as much as 20 arc seconds because the earth is moving with respect to the stars. It is by carefully measuring these aberration angles, and knowing the relatively velocities involved, that Bradley made excellent and trustworthy measurements of the velocity of light 250 years ago.

ldolphin.org...

Now this is what I was talking about earlier - faster than light!

However, during the time interval it takes light to travel from the sun to the earth, the sun and the earth have kept in touch with each other "instantaneously"-- in a time frame that makes the present speed of light seem like the velocity of molasses on a cold day!

Astronomer Tom Flandern has recently detailed all the evidence that shows that gravitational forces, unlike light, operate with no measurable aberration! (2) But Van Flandern shows that there are sound reasons for believing that the "speed of gravity" is not infinite. By carefully studying the observable data Van Flandern now concludes that the speed of gravity is greater than or equal to the present speed of light by a factor of 2 x 10(to the power of 10)

ldolphin.org...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Reflections]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This is another interesting piece of information from NASA, although it doesn't explain any instantaneous communication between our planet and the Sun, it does describe that there are portals that connect the two. There is more research ongoing to understand what happens inside these portals (long tubular pipes), although it has been stated that within these tubes/portals there is "twisting" and warping going on. What this possibly means - and I am postulating here is that vortices twist and warp... So I am keen to discover the link here to demonstrate what is going on.

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun (2008)

Oct. 30, 2008: During the time it takes you to read this article, something will happen high overhead that until recently many scientists didn't believe in. A magnetic portal will open, linking Earth to the sun 93 million miles away. Tons of high-energy particles flow through the opening before it closes again, around the time you reach the end of the page.

"It's called a flux transfer event or 'FTE,'" says space physicist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center.

Researchers have long known that the Earth and sun must be connected. Earth's magnetosphere (the magnetic bubble that surrounds our planet) is filled with particles from the sun that arrive via the solar wind and penetrate the planet's magnetic defenses. They enter by following magnetic field lines that can be traced from terra firma all the way back to the sun's atmosphere.

"We used to think the connection was permanent and that solar wind could trickle into the near-Earth environment anytime the wind was active," says Sibeck. "We were wrong. The connections are not steady at all. They are often brief, bursty and very dynamic."

Several speakers at the Workshop have outlined how FTEs form: On the dayside of Earth (the side closest to the sun), Earth's magnetic field presses against the sun's magnetic field. Approximately every eight minutes, the two fields briefly merge or "reconnect," forming a portal through which particles can flow. The portal takes the form of a magnetic cylinder about as wide as Earth

he European Space Agency's fleet of four Cluster spacecraft and NASA's five THEMIS probes have flown through and surrounded these cylinders, measuring their dimensions and sensing the particles that shoot through. "They're real," says Sibeck.

science.nasa.gov...

So if these portals have vortices within them interacting with gravity, there is a possibility of instantaneous transfer of several key elements with particles, being charge, and classical spin. hence how we feel the effects here on earth almost as the sun begins to be active.

Also known is that our magnetic field is weakening around the earth so the possibility is even with minimal sun activity, the impact is much greater as we have less protection than in the past.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
To the next point - Gravity acts fast than light.

‘Instantaneous’ gravity by Wal Thornhill

Gravity must act instantly for the planets to orbit the Sun in a stable fashion. If the Earth were attracted to where the Sun appears in the sky, it would be orbiting a largely empty space because the Sun moves on in the 8.3 minutes it takes for sunlight to reach the Earth. If gravity operated at the speed of light all planets would experience a torque that would sling them out of the solar system in a few thousand years.

Clearly, that doesn't happen. This supports the view that the electric force operates at a near infinite speed on our cosmic scale, as it must inside the electron.[23] It is a significant simplification of all of the tortuous theorizing that has gone into the nature of gravity and mass.

But most important—the universe is connected and coherent.

www.holoscience.com...

I think if you piece some of the articles together that I have referenced you can get a picture on how the Sun and earth are connected, and of the instant connectivity. Gravity may be the carrier of information if it must act as a continual force that holds things is place

Hence why we might be having behavioural changes during sunspot activity.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

HEY phage will i see the lights on long island tonite the fourth or no chance planing my night lol ??????

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

It would seem we are close to the same longitude.
I'd say no

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It hit, here it is.

www.flickr.com...
Usually, the Northern Lights can only be seen by folks who live far to the north. But this week, the Aurora Borealis is making an appearance in lower Canada, some of the United States, Norway and other countries around the globe.

The reason has to do with solar storms. On Sunday, an eruption on the sun's surface blasted plasma toward the Earth. That plasma is helping to give millions of people a peek at something they'd never seen.

Fortunately for us, these lucky ducks are taking pictures and posting them on Flickr. You can check out several of our absolute favorites here. Enjoy!

Get ready for a second one.

www.spaceweather.com...
MORE AURORAS IN THE OFFING? Earth's magnetic field is still reverberating from the CME impact of August 3rd, which sparked auroras as far south as Wisconsin and Iowa in the United States. Analysts believe a second CME is right behind it, due to arrive on August 5th. A second impact could re-energize the fading geomagnetic storm and spark a new round of Northern Lights. High-latitude sky watchers should remain alert for auroras.

At the height of the August 3rd display "the whole sky over northern Quebec filled with green and purple," says photographer Michel Tournay. "I couldn't decide where to point my camera!" Fortunately, he had a wide-angle lens:

[edit on 5-8-2010 by pepsi78]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join