It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed in Holland!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TallWhites
Travelling at over 100 km/h, which is how fast this car was going on the highway??!! I dont think so

I don't think there is any way to conclude the exact speed, but I would not say it was travelling at 100 km/h. If the 'object' (or in my opinion, 'objects') is a considerable distance away, it would appear to be keeping up with the vehicle, even if it was stationary. If you look at around 1:30 (2nd vid), you can clearly see the car turning the corner, while the objects appear to remain relatively stationary in the sky.

My initial thoughts was that this was a flock of birds, and I see that others have thought the same. After searching for vids of birds, I am even more convinced that this is what we are seeing. Most likely starlings, as they are known to form large flocks, and are quite common in Europe.

Here is a flock of starlings in Denmark. They look amazing, flying in unison, to appear as some kind of shape shifting object.

And here is a video from the Netherlands.

This appears to be a relatively small flock, close to the ground. If a large flock was to fly at a higher altitude, I think it would look remarkably similiar to the OP video.

You can see in the 2nd video in the OP, the 'object' appears to change shape during the length of the video (although, not quite as much as the videos I posted). At the end, it seems like a dense flock is being followed by a diminishing line of birds, although not as dense, so they appear to be wispy. This is just my opinion of course. Anyone see any reason why it couldn't be birds?

[edit on 2/8/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I do think they were really filming something in the sky.
The guy sounds for real and he even gets mad at the driver for driving too fast for him to film it properly.
The kids in the back keep asking him what it is and they sound genuine.

I am leaning towards a flock of sparrows, although i would expect those to change the shape of the flock a bit more

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

As locster says above this post, if it was a flock of birds (or insects) i would expect it to change shape more often and display the characteristic 'undulating' movements seen with flying insect of bird swarms.

As you say, the object does appear to slightly change shape towards the end of clip 2, but even the 'wispy' thin trail stays relatively intact, and fails to show the undulating movements.

If this was a flock or swarm, they are showing incredible coordination and formation flying any air force would be envious of.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I translated what is being said in the two videos. Some parts are really hard to make out. There is a woman driving the car, a man filming in the passenger seat and two girls on the backseat.

Video part one translation

MAN: Curseword, listen B, these are the clues of what's coming. I don't see it anymore, damn (said in awe to what is happening, not because he can't see it anymore). I don't see it anymore.
GIRL1: Asks something i can't make out, probably about what it is
MAN: I don't know what it is, and i don't know where it went.
GIRL1: There!
MAN: There it goes, there it goes, a very round circle. (yes that is what he said, a round circle, not a translation error)

Video part two translation

MAN: Listen, i don't know what it is.
GIRL1: *can't make out the first part* ..there is something there, it's blurry, down below, there.
MAN: Do you see i am not lieing, that things do exsist.
GIRL2: How can that fly? What is that?
GIRL1: a plane?
GIRL2: No..* can't make out the rest*
GIRL1: I thought it was a dragonfly.
MAN: I don't know what it is, but i do know that what is happening here is impossible. It a whole thing, this is really bizarre, i have goosebumps over my whole body.
GIRL2: It dissapears
GIRL1: yes it dissapears
GIRL2: It goes round
MAN: yes, it changes shape
GIRL2: yes that's what i said
MAN: Look, there's bugs around it and everything. (Note that he uses the word "beestjes" wich means something like "little animals" or "critters" and it's mostly used in Dutch to describe insects)
MAN: It's very strange.
GIRL1: Yes it is strange
MAN: No...(Woman interrupts him)
WOMAN: It's being filmed already
MAN: No listen.... (repeats what the woman said) "it's being filmed already" simpleton (remark directed at woman)
WOMAN: Simpleton?
MAN: Yes simpleton, you need to slow down here.

GIRL1: where is it?
GIRL2: there
GIRL1: Where are they now?
GIRL2: says something about stopping, hard to make out

FILM CUTS

MAN: This is very strange.
GIRL2: *First part of the sentence is hard to make out*..all animals together
MAN: No, those don't make shapes

[edit on 2/8/10 by locster]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
You can clearly make out some ropes/strings all the way to the ground.

It's man made, obviously.

I would assume a advertisement of some type. Kite/balloon etc.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Do you people even watch the video ?

Look at 12 seconds in

Notice the objects movement in relation to the rest of the scene

It's so artificial it screams out that it has been added after the original footage was taken, not at the same time

I'm actually shocked you're all arguing over whether it's a flock of birds, when there is nothing to argue about as nothing is actually there, it's FAKE

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It could be a piece of dust or thread on the the camera lens. It seems stationary to me.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Can't you see the CLOAKING device is failing and only masking part of the craft. Damn those dilithium crystals!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Do you people even watch the video ?

Look at 12 seconds in

Notice the objects movement in relation to the rest of the scene

It's so artificial it screams out that it has been added after the original footage was taken, not at the same time

I'm actually shocked you're all arguing over whether it's a flock of birds, when there is nothing to argue about as nothing is actually there, it's FAKE

Interesting and creepy.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Did you even read the translation?
The kids sound very genuine and if it is acted they should get an oscar.

There is no question they were seeing something up in the air.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by locster

I don't care for the translation, I go off what I see and what I see is something that is clearly fake.

Everything in frame should share the same movements when the camera pans, shakes and zooms however the object shares a different movement to everything else which leads me to believe it's artificial and wasn't there in the original footage.

It's nothing more than a fake, but if you want to believe that it can't possibly be fake and it's indeed real then go ahead. I'm just offering my take on the video and I've seen plenty real videos to know that this is a fake just based off the artificial movements of the object relative to everything else

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I dont think the vids are fake. The people in the car sounds real, they really saw something. It must be a smokering. Its not a ET craft, plane, sworm of insects or birds, no kite or crapola on the carwindow.
Why? cause what I did not understand in the beginning was the "dust" falling and morphing of the object.

Take a look at the smokerings that nablator posted: some showed clearly the dust falling of the ring and a smoke ring morphs and dissolves slowely. It just makes the most sense I think.
A smokering or a ET craft pretending its a smokering.....

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Great find, OP!

1) Insect swarm: I thought this was a fairly decent theory but I don't think it's what it is. There have been some pretty good comparisons made. But it doesn't move like a swarm of flies or birds, and it's higher in altitude than most bug swarms will go.

2) Fake / hoax: I don't think this is fake. The object does, in fact, remain fixed in its position relative to the clouds. It's difficult to see this because most of the clouds are faint and hazy, but it definitely does not have the inconsistency of a badly made superimposition.

3) Object on the windshield: This is not an object on the windshield, although this was my first instinct when I started watching the first video. There are parts of the second video where you can see dirt and smudges that ARE on the windshield, and the object does not move around the frame the same way they do; rather, it stays relative to the clouds and sky, as I said above.

4) UFO? I don't think it's this either.

5) Smoke ring. Sorry but it all adds up. This even explains the threads going from the object down toward the ground that some of our quick-eyed members spotted, and suggested were kite strings. A smoke ring will often leave trails or strings of smoke behind it. Also, the object is not moving at 100 km/h. As the diagram clearly shows, the car traveled more than twice the distance that the object traveled, implying that the object was moving maybe 30 km/h... well within the wind velocities at that altitude.

Again, great video. But I think this is a smoke ring.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Except it smoke rings are usually round, this object clearly isnt. Also smoke rings eventually disperse and thats something this object also doesnt do

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

I agree with it being a smoke ring rising very slowly, you can just about see the trail from the ring beneath it. I've been to a couple of open air festivals in the UK and seen these being made.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

I stated that i believed that it was a flock of birds, again, you jump to conclusions and stereotypes. Don't ever make me out to be a ufo fanboy again. Furthermore you state that you don't need to know what is said in the video. I always thought the best way to judge something was to get as much info as you can before reaching a conclusion.
But i guess some people only want to see the bits that fit their agenda.

Nicely done

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The man filming the "thing" obviously had a better view of it than a grainy camcorder. You'd think if it really was a smoke-ring he'd be able to see that and not bother filming it

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I am kind of skeptical, I am actually not sure what to think about the UFO.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

1st off where did I call you or even suggest you're a UFO fanboy ?

I said "but if you want to believe that it can't possibly be fake and it's indeed real then go ahead."

Now how exactly do you manage to twist those words into me calling you a UFO fanboy ? I never mentioned anything about your thoughts on what it was, my assertion was that it's not even real let alone a flock of bird, smoke ring or anything else, looks to me like you're the one who jumps to conclusions.

Secondly, why should I read what they're saying when it's clear that the object is fake ? I don't need to know anymore details, it's a fake and it's pretty damn easy to tell just from the objects artificial movement when the camera zooms & pans & shakes in relation to everything else in frame which has a natural movement expected with the movements of the camera.

How hard is it to accept that the people in the video might just be scripting what they're saying?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I speak fluent Dutch, and from the tone of voice and from what they're saying it does not sound scripted to me. But hey, I'm no voice expert

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join