It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is WAR IN MEXICO and no one pays ATTENTION

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
What do you think:
There is demand for drugs, is the problem the prohibition of those drugs or the demand?

Question:
Should we examine why there is a tendancy to use drugs therefore understanding the problem more, and solving the source?

That is a good question. I say that an investigation as to the reasons people have a tendancy to use drugs is good and I'm sure much has already been studied but as far as the conflict that prohibition is causing maybe there can be legalization to stop the war while someone figures out the reasons and things can be solved at the source.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by daskakik

I agree it isn't the demand but the prohibition that creates organized crime. The prohibition is the Govs war on drugs. So the prohibition both creates powerful crime organizations and at the same time funds law enforcment to fight these crime organizations and all along the US citizens foot the bill.

I have been reading along, it seems people think the prohibition of drugs is the problem.

What do you think:
There is demand for drugs, is the problem the prohibition of those drugs or the demand?

Question:
Should we examine why there is a tendancy to use drugs therefore understanding the problem more, and solving the source?

Drug use is natural and part of life. Everything is a drug.

Drug abuse is a problem.
Drug addiction is a problem.

However, just like obesity, these are problems of self control.

The solution is education and treatment not violence and propaganda.

The drugs themselves are not the problem and prohibition can not do anything to help this issue.

Prohibition creates an industry for organized crime to thrive.
Prohibition creates violence.
Prohibition is fueled by greed and ignorance.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

that was a good post back Jam 321
I am not intending to disparrage any legal immigrants and my opinion is the illigals are the victims of globalism, thats why they have come north
so I am not tring to be racist.
But the situation is created at the far end and not fixed at this end that much is obvious...and in the US it is bipartisan...
on the surface odfficially what you say looks correct, but in the sub groups mentioned that is where the connection would be.
Just like the US government in no way endorses drug use yet a CIA plane goes down with several tons of coc aine on board.

Founded in 1968, NCLR is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, tax-exempt organization headquartered in Washington, DC. NCLR serves all Hispanic subgroups in all regions of the country.

www.opednews.com...

My belief is the Hispanics are being segregated aginst the whites against the blacks, men against women, this is all controlled by the funding by groups like the ford foundation.
This is why I showed various connections linked together By the ford foundation.
This is why I linked to Calderone's adress to congress with bipartisan support regarding Gun control while Redmoon provided a video detailing how he miss represented the truth to congress and the US peeps.

here is a vid
"UCLA Professor supports La Raza"
www.youtube.com...
listen to what this dude advocates.

here is a link to the deliberate destruction of the mexican economy

Bill Clinton used U.S. taxpayer money to bailout Wall Street via the Mexican government, but Mexico still had to pay back the money that went to Wall Street. The Mexican loan came with devastating strings attached: state industries were to be privatized; the Mexican currency was devalued; state workers were fired by the hundreds of thousands; and social services were slashed. The ruinous results sent hordes of desperate Mexicans north to escape poverty and starvation.

www.globalresearch.ca...

Reconquista Armando Navarro
Armando Navarro, coordinator of the National Alliance for Human Rights, an umbrella organization for Hispanic groups in Southern California.

www.americanpatrol.com...

I don't mean to be racist I am always after the instigators
any one who reads my posts fairly will see this.
upshot: don't expect the people destroying everthing to fix anything

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Been reading through the thread again, I think you are hitting every single component of the problem.

I read global research extensively.

NAFTA, GATT and all the other globalization efforts are instigating all of the problems. Purposeful? I think so. C'mon, the globalists are using the argument of "the end justifies the means".

They do not care how many people die. They do not care how many people are injured. They do not care if it destroys anything.

They are tunnel visioned to their goal.

Does any of this sound familiar to you folks out there in internet land?

Can you say Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, Hitler blah blah blah.

They have this vision of a GLOBAL system that is a utopia, in their eyes.

I never use to believe in the entrenched elite evil that many warned against, but the more I read, the more I believe my initial observation was wrong. They will do ANYTHING to implement their endeavors. ANYTHING.

Excellent links and observations.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Its gonna take a full on shoot out and dead border gaurds or troopers on US soil to get the medias attention,Mexico's on the 'here be dragons' part of most media maps,too damn dangerous and not enough 5 star hotels for our precious media.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
well, if your army can't deal with drug dealers, your country deserve to be destroyed.

drug dealers are dealt with law enforcement agency. here we have the mexican military fighting drug dealers and FAIL...imagine what a real war would be like for their armies. can anyone say "slaughter?"

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

In 4 years, over 24,000 people have been killed in this war, but funnily we don't hear on TV.

Straight to the point:

WHY??

Why don't we hear on the NEWS that there is war, a civil war in Mexico?

Let's establish who is fighting who first:

The Mexican government and the drug cartels that operate throughout Mexico are locked in a battle over control of the country. With the Mexican army fully deployed and often fighting ex-Mexican army special forces working for the cartels, this is, in scope and casualties, truly a civil war.

To date this year, some 3,500 Mexicans have died in this war. In just the first 15 days of October, there were 387 deaths in Mexico City, 178 in the state of Chihuahua and 90 in Baja California – all attributable to the government versus cartel war.

www.wnd.com...

That is what I'm here to discuss.

First you say it's a civil war, then you say it's a war between the government and the drug cartels.

These are two very different things.. which is it?

I'll tell you why we don't hear about it.. it's because it's not news.

Corrupt government and drug dealer scum bags fighting each other over there have been going on for decades.

Much of the USA is just as fertile.. But do we have pot, and coca plants growing all over the country side? No, because we have laws against this and enforce them. Mexico lets this crap go on and so many higher ups are corrupt this war is more about money and power than getting rid of the drugs.

No one cares to hear about that. Let them kill each other off. I think they should speed things up and kill 3500 more drug dealers and corrupt government employees in the next 6 months. The faster they wipe them selves out the better off this USA will be.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Mexicans fighting Mexicans = Civil War.

Sooner or later people who are not even involved in this civil war will take sides.

We have had enough Civil wars in the past to know and learn from.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No one cares to hear about that. Let them kill each other off. I think they should speed things up and kill 3500 more drug dealers and corrupt government employees in the next 6 months.

I care. Because what happens to our neighbor will ultimately impact us.

You talk about corruption so let me ask you a question.

How do so many drugs get on American streets considering all the resources we use to keep it out?

Corruption isn't a one way street.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
oozyism:

a civil war is when one side of the people fight the other side of the people. I do not see that with Corrupt Gov Vs drug dealers. No one mentioned in the above story is saying the people are backing these factions. Until the country is divided on who to back, it's not a civil war.

Jam321,

I agree. I call for the killing of the corrupt American bastards who help the drug cartels too. But the more of those dealers who die over there, the less will get over here to kill our kids with their poison..

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

a war between factions in the same country

That is the definition of civil war.

Connect the dots, the drug cartel are Mexicans, the military and government is also Mexican.

If you think people haven't taken sides then you are forgetting the fact that over 20,000 people have died since 2006.

Get it?

Do you think those people are not Mexicans? From Mexico.

Two factions in Mexico are fighting each other and you are saying it is not a civil war?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

So, when a swat team goes up against a group of bank robbers you call that a civil war.. it fits your definition.

You claim 24,000 died, yet you also claim 3,500 people died..( This is when you go on to establish facts by the way.. so the 24,000 must be wrong- your only claiming 3500 in your factoid) which is it?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by oozyism

So, when a swat team goes up against a group of bank robbers you call that a civil war.. it fits your definition.

You claim 24,000 died, yet you also claim 3,500 people died..( This is when you go on to establish facts by the way.. so the 24,000 must be wrong- your only claiming 3500 in your factoid) which is it?

Robbers don't have any influence over people therefore once they try to fight they will most likely loose. If there is thousands of bank robbers with fire power, huge finance, then if they fight, they will survive, and can continue recruiting which creates a long civil war.

And if you read the OP carefully you would see that 3,500 within a year. Go read it, withint 4 yeaars 23,000 have died.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Man, if you have tons of common people siding with the drug dealers, then you have a really messed up country. Robbers don't influence lots of people but drug dealers do?? i dont get it.. they are the same scum bag types of thug .. why would people be influenced by these guys.. why would anyone want to be recruited by this evil faction?

The piece you posted didn't say 'year' it says, :

To date this year, some 3,500 Mexicans have died in this war.

I take this to mean "to date" since the war started.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

To date this year, some 3,500 Mexicans have died in this war.

Umm my bad..

What I meant was that until today, starting from the begining of this year, that many have died.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why would we give a damn if Mexico is at "war"?? We are in two of them right now. Back in the day you never heard of all the genocide in Africa, never really heard about the Russians trying to take over Afghanistan, never heard about Chechnya rebels fighting off the Russians.

The point is you never hear about A LOT of things that are going on. Simply because the media is controlled by the government for the most part. You only hear and see what they want you to hear and see. But after it's all said and done, that is when you hear the whole story.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I see no civil war, in fact I see no problems.
The cartels are supplied and supported by the US.
The Mexican Gubbment is owned by the cartels.
This labels 2 sides of a conflict, if the Mexican civilians do not take up arms and create a Militia, is there really a war?
People die yes, but if the Mexican people do nothing to stop it, it must be a non issue.
This just sounds like organized murder to me, not a war.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I see no civil war, in fact I see no problems.
The cartels are supplied and supported by the US.
The Mexican Gubbment is owned by the cartels.
This labels 2 sides of a conflict, if the Mexican civilians do not take up arms and create a Militia, is there really a war?
People die yes, but if the Mexican people do nothing to stop it, it must be a non issue.
This just sounds like organized murder to me, not a war.

23000 people have been killed and you are saying it is not war

At this point I'm confused.

What does war mean?

By the way, which side should normal people fight for? The army which gives them money, or the cartel which gives them money.

Both as deadly and both as currupt.

Think.

War creates harsh conditions, which forces civilians to join sides, either as means of finance, or as means of ideology, or based on hate.

This is very bad in tthe long run for Mexico.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I was right, there will be civil war of great proportion unless right steps are taken:

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join