It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is WAR IN MEXICO and no one pays ATTENTION

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In 4 years, over 24,000 people have been killed in this war, but funnily we don't hear on TV.

Straight to the point:

WHY??

Why don't we hear on the NEWS that there is war, a civil war in Mexico?

Let's establish who is fighting who first:

The Mexican government and the drug cartels that operate throughout Mexico are locked in a battle over control of the country. With the Mexican army fully deployed and often fighting ex-Mexican army special forces working for the cartels, this is, in scope and casualties, truly a civil war.

To date this year, some 3,500 Mexicans have died in this war. In just the first 15 days of October, there were 387 deaths in Mexico City, 178 in the state of Chihuahua and 90 in Baja California – all attributable to the government versus cartel war.

www.wnd.com...

That is what I'm here to discuss.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No use discussing. In no time this thread will be about the borders and illegals and how Obama is doing nothing.

BTW, have you read into how much the US is supporting Mexico in its war against the cartels.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Great question, oozy. S&F.

Yes there is a war on. At the border, and in some cases even across the border. It's a clear and imminent danger that's been escalating for the past 10 years and has been virtually hidden from us. When it is reported, it's not picked up on. Maybe locally. It's swept under the rug, while events halfway across the world take precedence.

As to why no one pays attention? Because no one wants us to notice, so it's not beaten into our brains. We're only supposed to focus on what they want us to focus on. They scare people half stupid over a far less dangerous terrorist threat, yet keep the borders open. What sense does this make? Maybe people are stupid.

Why do they do this? Because handling it would interfere with the money and drug flow, I guess. Because it suits some agenda.

Why don't they stop it? Easy. Because they don't want to. I honestly believe they want this to explode and they are controlling the timing.

I had a dream about 4 years ago about this that scared me half to death. The war will escalate. It's coming.

There's some discussion about this very thing in this thread and probably many others.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Maybe put aside your anti-Obama stuff for one second and discuss this with the level of seriousness it deserves? This is not a partisan issue, and this kind of statement does nothing but distract from the issues and fulminate useless argument.

Reagan. Bush-41, Clinton, and Bush-43 did nothing either. And in addition, they are preventing anyone else from doing anything.

The GOVERNMENT is doing nothing. This has been a problem that's been escalating for over 30 years.

[edit on 7/31/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
the big multinationals have destroyed the farming way for the little people and the drug cartels are raging, between them and the corrupt officails they are driving the mexicans north - herding them.
Mexico has more resources then the US does and is becoming lawless in many areas...

it is part of the globalist takedown of the US too...
which is why their el prezidente just addressed the US congress about gun control in the US last spring...
meanwhile of the 75000 guns he claims came from the US most are full auto, and did not come from gunshows and private sellers.

The spp agreement from Banff has been published and is quite clear.
American money has been funding la Raza down there as well
this is OUR problem not their problem

Why else would [snip] (Danbones edit Obama ) nor Bush not have that border locked up like the Canadian border...

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Danbones]

Mod Edit: Edited out alteration of politician's name]

Please read:

1g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on AboveTopSecret.com. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2010/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

edit to add
point taken I stand corrected thank you GP

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It would be great to provide some evidence to back your claims, that would make it easier for the rest to understand where you are coming from.

Lay some sources, or maybe posted the link for another thread where you may have posted some evidence etc.

Thanks in advance

[Mod Edit: Deleted large quote of the previous post.]

Please read:

Quote the post immediately before yours: This makes no sense, and quoting the entire previous post above yours will result in a slight warning.

[edit on 2010/7/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I never knew it was that bad.. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

McCain said today there will be a wait until November before Nation Guard gets deployed.

wtf!??.. They can mvoe 165,000 troops in Iraq in 2.5 weeks but cannot.. you know what? nevermind..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Stuff your anti-Obama agenda for one second and discuss this with the level of seriousness it deserves.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Americans could care less about what is happening in Mexico. They don't care 24,000 have been killed. They don't care that American interference is written all over it.

All they care about is closed border, militias, shooting, maiming, and stopping illegals from coming in.

The GOVERNMENT is doing nothing.

Keep sending your money to the cartels if you believe this.

1) Government is financing Mexico in this war. That means there is violence along the border because the US wants Mexico to go against the cartels.
2) Us is getting Mexico to extradite the top dogs and are putting them in US prisons.
3) Us has steady increase security on the border since 2001. On top of that, just about every Law enforcement agency is on full alert and in constant communication of what is going on in Mexico.
4)Mexican and US counter parts are constantly working together to combine strategies to use against cartels. In some cases the US is giving Mexico access to certain information.

Yet the US is doing nothing.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by jam321]

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You can add Mexico to the long list of countries that have been destabilized by the "War On Drugs".

It is really simple.

The illegality of drugs gives incredible power and money to organized crime.

Mexican drug lords are powerful because they are completely entrenched in our current public policy system. They have had years and years to develop their industry and have made an incredible amount of money.

The only solution?

Legalize drugs.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure that it's accurate to say that it's not in the news. I have two toddlers so I hardly ever watch TV (at least anything that's not "kid friendly") and even I am at least vaguely aware of a drug war in Mexico.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Who do you believe is the problem which is causing this civil war based on your belief?

And also provide some evidence also, it would be greatly appreciated

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
I'm not sure that it's accurate to say that it's not in the news. I have two toddlers so I hardly ever watch TV (at least anything that's not "kid friendly") and even I am at least vaguely aware of a drug war in Mexico.

Yes it is in the news, but what I'm trying to put forward is the fact that it isn't mentioned as a civil war, or as a war. Yes they call war on drugs, but that changes the way you think, war on drugs?

Does that even make sense?

They choose the wordings very carefully.

I haven't seen Mexico in NZ news for couple of weeks now, it rarely comes, only when there is a massicar of maybe 20 - 30 people.

Only then they show it on TV, but they don't say there is a civil war, they say there is a war on drugs.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would have to concur with a component someone mentioned.

So what?

Why is there a war over there.

Some would say because of the Americans crave for drugs.

Some would say because of the Americans allow guns to go to Mexico.

Some would say because we evil American citizens do not care enough.

Some would say because the Mexicans are not allowed to freely come to America enough.

Previous reasons brought to you by the US government propaganda network.

Now, the ressssst of the STORY.

Because the government of the US of A has not been reigned in by the Constitution for about 150 years. The Constitution was created to LIMIT the federal government, PERIOD.

Because prohibition on anything is NOT in the Constitution.

Because prohibition causes ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY and cause the price of said prohibited items to skyrocket.

Because prohibition causes the creation of criminals that are needed in a police state.

Because prohibition is the way to create mayhem, which is needed to further an agenda.

Because HUGE profits are made in the Prison Industrial Complex.

Because your government does not CARE about their citizens.

Because Einstein was correct, Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and EXPECT a different outcome. Our world is insane.

Because the Drug War is not a war, it is a corporate decision to increase profits all around.

Gooood Day.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
gun grab el prezidente adresses congress etc real situation vis a vis guns on the border...

note how the foundations play a part in all this,,, it is how the funding is done

While they promote similar views on "Hispanic identity" and "Hispanic history," the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), and the National Council of La Raza (La Raza) have separate corporate identities and histories. What is unique about both MALDEF and La Raza is that they are the creations of the ford foundation, which remains one of their principal sources of funding.

"for those in the race everything, for those outside the race nothing"-laRaza moto
www.theamericanresistance.com...

Ms. Soetoro served as a program officer in Ford Foundation’s Indonesia office focusing on helping women’s rights and microfinance. In her role, she rubbed shoulders with “leaders in the Indonesian human-rights movement, people from women’s organizations, [and] representatives of community groups doing grass-roots

philanthropy.com...

North American Union to Replace USA?
www.humanevents.com...

Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America
www.spp.gov...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Who do you believe is the problem which is causing this civil war based on your belief?

Problem is that you don't wait until somebody becomes powerful before you go after them.. Go back to the days when the US got rid of Pablo Escobar. Almost instantly Mexico and its cartels were on the radar. This goes back to the 1990's and nobody ever cared who was getting killed in Mexico over these drugs.

They only care about what is going on at the border. My whole point is to tell everybody that everything that is happening on that border and spilling over into the US is mainly because of US policy.

People can blame Mexico all day long and some do. But in the end, I only have faith in my country if I expect the issues of violence, border security, and illegals to be resolve.

US Military in Mexico

Congressional Testimony

Corruption

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by jam321

I know the question was made to jam but if I may.

What you call a civil war is really just the war on drugs. Much like the violance that took over Colombia because of the drug trade.

In order for there to be conflict there must be two sides going at each other. This is where the US plays an interesting dual part. On the one hand the US demand leads to the cartels and on the other the US Government is the one funding the fight against drugs.

The Merida Initiative

The Merida Initiative is a multi-year program to provide equipment and training to support law enforcement operations and technical assistance for long-term reform and oversight of security agencies. In 2008, Congress approved an initial $400 million for Mexico and $65 million for Central America, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti. In 2009, Congress approved $300 million for Mexico and $110 million for Central America, the Dominican Republic, and Haiti. In 2010, $450 million for Mexico and $100 million for Central America has been requested from Congress.

Don't mean to US bash but in this case this war is Made in the U.S.A.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I was a bit harsh and changed it pretty much right away. Sorry.

But seriously, this is WAY beyond partisan.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
No use discussing. In no time this thread will be about the borders and illegals and how Obama is doing nothing.

BTW, have you read into how much the US is supporting Mexico in its war against the cartels.

Well that is worth discussing, because if you read the link, it has to do with organized crime.

That organized crime is now spilling over the US borders, killing ranchers in Texas. It doesn't say that in the link, but it's happening.

Of course the borders are an issue!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

No sweat.

BTW, I am not anti-Obama. In a way I have been supporting him way more than I ever thought I would.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
On the one hand the US demand leads to the cartels and on the other the US Government is the one funding the fight against drugs.

The U.S. creates the drug cartels, not by demanding drugs, but by attempting to prohibit drugs.

People do drugs, it is natural and it isn't going to change.

Attempting to control these substances physically is what creates such powerful organized crime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join