It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is WAR IN MEXICO and no one pays ATTENTION

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
The word is "narcocracy."

Actually Mexico has been a failed state for about a decade, maybe longer and people are just figuring this out NOW? It might even have been as early as the 90s when the drug dealers bought all the major banks in mexico, which made drug laundering business number one. And what a business it was! From that point on there was no going back because it had mestatiszed from being outside "the system" to the very core of institutional respecatblity. There coud be no separation without breakdowns in the fuindamental structure and mission of the society as a whole.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Hey, one thing I have wondered about, how is their taxation system set up. I mean if their system is set up old school, where you are not taxed liked us, that could be an excuse for the attacks as they exist also.

There are thousands of possibilities. Cannot just jump on one alternative.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Good question, I don't really know. I know the tax structure for foreign individuals, citizens, corproations, and presumably *ahem ahem* other entities are different. I've heard expressions like the"tax-plus-corruption levy," alluding to the fact that there are all sorts of "extra charges" that may or may not be levied based on what goes down, wink wink, typical third world stuff except much more polished and sophisticated in Mexico than, say, Lagos. I'm pretty certain the major Mexican banks have long ago been completely compromised by the cartels and other narcotraficante-types, and I have no idea what kind of a cut these people take but I doubt many Mexican underground leaders stay up late worrying about money-laundering. I think they have other fish to fry, such as not getting whacked in broad daylight by your rival's tweaked-out nephew or what have you.

[edit on 8/1/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Because the government of the US of A has not been reigned in by the Constitution for about 150 years. The Constitution was created to LIMIT the federal government, PERIOD.

Because prohibition on anything is NOT in the Constitution.

Because prohibition causes ARTIFICIAL SCARCITY and cause the price of said prohibited items to skyrocket.

Because prohibition causes the creation of criminals that are needed in a police state.

Because prohibition is the way to create mayhem, which is needed to further an agenda.

Because HUGE profits are made in the Prison Industrial Complex.

Because your government does not CARE about their citizens.

Because Einstein was correct, Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over and EXPECT a different outcome. Our world is insane.

You are so right it hurts, but us citizens of the empire are used to that
I guess or we should at least have some callous built up, lol.

The cops are even starting to get it and started a group called
LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

They cite the failure of the last attempt at this.

They mention the big business prisons as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Well considering this is a century old issue between the freely elected Mexican dictators and their drug lord enemies who's black market funds the poor, it really is not new news. Though yes, it is under covered.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

People are killed everyday in areas that are not war zones, it happens all of the time, bottom line is people are bad if you allow them to be.

Main Entry: 1war
Pronunciation: \ˈwȯr\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English werre, from Anglo-French werre, guerre, of Germanic origin; akin to Old High German werra strife; akin to Old High German werran to confuse
Date: 12th century
1 a (1) : a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations (2) : a period of such armed conflict (3) : STATE OF WAR b : the art or science of warfare c (1) obsolete : weapons and equipment for war (2) archaic : soldiers armed and equipped for war
2 a : a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism b : a struggle or competition between opposing forces or for a particular end c : VARIANCE, ODDS 3
— war•less \-ləs\ adjective

If both sides in this supposed conflict are being controlled by the same people, I would still wager that it is still murder, albeit a lot of murder.
The next question you ask is a slippery slope, “which side”.
Simply the side that addresses their issues.
Let’s use my case, everyday my countrymen are killed by two supposed sides, republican or democrat. Therefore I choose neither, I am militia and a constitutionalist.
Lucky for me and the opposing forces they do not try to kill me so I in kind repay the favor, there is strength in numbers you know.
I will not disagree that harsh conditions are the meal of the day but Mexicans are hardly bound to only 2 sides
When there is only tyranny….

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Arpaio is not the only sheriff with a bounty on his head.
I heard a sheriff on Jones from 90 miles north of the border, who also has a contract out on his head..
What he has to say is on the level, and dead nuts accurate, and what he has to say about the feds is not flattering but witheringly accurate...

That conflict is meant to SPPill over the border, it is a southern front in the global war on terror. Taking public contracts out on sheriffs is a "Terrorist" act...

This is why I tracked back the funding to the instigators...the terrorists
So it explains the actions of the players.

I'll see if I can find that interview
Ahh, Here we go, I really recommend this: Sheriff Babeu
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I live in New Mexico just 45 miles form El Paso, Tx and Juarez Mexico and we hear on the news everyday how many people got killed. There is shooting across the border and even hand grenades being used in Juarez.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

WHY??

Don't take this the wrong way - but because it's not interesting. Nobody cares. And if nobody will care and it's uninteresting...why would MSM put it on their networks? They have ratings to think about dont'cha know?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Shades of Colombia basically the same deal. Until there's not a market for drugs or there is a way to take the profit out of the picture this action will never stop. Legalizing drugs and letting the medical community take over to dispense the drugs plus taxing the sales so that prevention and education for the young can be funded, wouldn't be a perfect solution but better than whats going on now. Of course there's people in Washington who don't want this because they'll lose money. People like Oliver North wouldn't be able to buy weapons with drug money and sell them to Iran. That's what the real beef is about legalizing drugs. They say the whole US will turn into drug addicts which is a bogus statement. The high level drug pushers and scammers are in Congress.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

The narco wars didn't start during Bush or Clinton or Bush or even Carter's years. The Latin American narco wars go further back in time than that.

Back in 1931, Aldous Huxely was living in Guatemala observing the Latin American narco wars, when he wrote Brave New World. Huxley predicted the narcotization of the masses with the state supplied drug Soma.

Not unlike Orwell predicted the coming of 'Big Brother.'

Soma is a World State drug produced to provide 'pain free' vacations for the masses. I suspect not even Huxley foresaw the total extent of the narcotizing effects of televisiion and the internet in combination with Soma.

Eighty years after Huxley published his prophetic novel, Soma is available to the masses in a multitude of oral, injected and electronic forms. Even the seemingly innocent energy drink is little more than an ersatz 'cocoa leaf to chew in a can.'

World War Two staved off for a time the Mexican distribution of drugs because America needed fighting men who were bright and alert. During the Vietnam years, Mexican 'green' flowed into America like a dam burst wide open. Vietnam introduced the poppy to America from the Asian Golden Triangle region to go along with the Mexican cartel exports. Today, Afghan heroin has been thrown into the mix of Colombian cocain and Mexican 'green' grass.

The tradition of the 'Siesta' migrated across the border into America. Mind control and population narcotization is big government business. Who needs the cattle prod when Soma does the trick. Right now millions are toking on a joint while playing any one of the computer war games available. Some are smoking stuff so powerfully laced that they've convinced themselves they are actually fighting a war against androids in Afghanistan.

There's always been a large toll in human casualties in the ongoing narco wars. It's just that the war has spread into America with amazing proportions that it's dang near impossible for some not to notice.

Situation is that for most who notice, they are too narcotized to give a rat's patooie. Too many Americans are way too stoned out on Mexican smuggled Soma to put up any kind of a fight.

Ergo, we have the drones doing more of our fighting. Soma has opened the door to the future of the 'Machine Wars.'

What? You Worry? Relax. Light up. Turn on your television set or your computer or both. Sit back to watch the world being produced before your very narcotized eyes. You're hearing about the Mexican gangland wars. You don't have the muscle mass left to do anything about it.

Soma (Carisoprodol)
Carisoprodol, a muscle relaxant, is used with rest, physical therapy, and other measures to relax muscles and relieve pain and discomfort caused by strains, sprains, and other muscle injuries. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information ...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
As a sidebar to the ongoing Narco Wars...

Explosive new evidence shows ruling of AZ judge illegal
www.examiner.com...

In other words, the Judge in the Arizona case has absolutely no Constitutional jurisdiction over the matter upon which she ruled. As the Constitution makes abundantly clear, only the U.S. Supreme Court can issue rulings that involve a state.

This means that neither Judge Bolton nor the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco, to which the case is being appealed, have any legal standing whatsoever to rule on the issue.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What Narco Wars? As a species, we're doing just fine...Not!

Drunk guy tries to wear his shorts ( Verry Funny , Prikolas )

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
You are so right it hurts, but us citizens of the empire are used to that
I guess or we should at least have some callous built up, lol.

The cops are even starting to get it and started a group called
LEAP, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

They cite the failure of the last attempt at this.

They mention the big business prisons as well.

The Criminal Industrial Complex is exactly what fuels the "War on Drugs".

It is fueled by greed for corporate profits.
It is fueled by ignorance about drugs.

Law Enforcement is against prohibition because they know better.

It does not stop drug use.
It creates violence.
It gives a market for organized crime to thrive.
It tuns the police against the citizens.

Drugs are not the problem. Just like obesity (fatty foods) drugs addiction and drug abuse are the problem. These are solved by treatment and education.

Police know that violence and propaganda does not do anything to solve the drug problem.

Mexico has been destabilized because of our "War on Drugs"

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
why? because they don't want people
to know that Nixon's 'war on drugs'
made the drug problem
much worse

it's a disaster

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
From afar it reads like a proxy war between elements in the government of the USA. On one side you have Congress and the Presidency supporting the official government in Mexico City, and on the other side you have the CIA and its cousins who support the drug cartels in Mexico just as they created and support the Salvadoran gang now causing mayhem in several countries including the USA.

So it reads as a proxy war, but it also begs a question. Should the USA have not as a matter of national security invested in Mexico some of the money invested in warfare. Certainly a wiser more humanitarian effort. But the USA is what it is -- a land of extremes in almost every way mixed together with collective amnesia about evils committed by the nation at home and abroad.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What the hell is a "Mexico?" Is it a country or something? I never heard of it.

Sad fact of life, if it's not either a) Your country or b) a country your country has some type of financial interest in (i.e. it has something valuable that it can make money off of) we don't care what happens in it.

A nuke could decimate Mexico City, and it would only garner are attention because it brings into question our security; it won't be about the welfare of the survivors.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
its amazing but I dont think any country in the world talk about the war on mexico ....

who knows why, but thanks for the report

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
We didn't hear about Russians raping, torturing and slaughtering Chechens. How about the civil war in Colombia? How about the rape crisis in the Congo? What about the millions starving in North Korea? How about the human trafficking in Thailand? Or how about corporations here in America causing the unemployment crisis by downsizing and then moving their plants/factories overseas to exploit cheap labor? Aren't the corporations the real gangs of this country? Didn't they declare war on us?

Anywho, sorry for ranting. There are plenty of events the MSM ignore....no reason to point out Just Mexico because of the immigration issue going on.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Somebody tell me when there HASN'T been war in Mexico.

Anyone who ever traveled the inner country of Mexico will tell you that the banditos have been at constant war with tourists and each other and anyone else they could plunder.

The banditos are the Mexican version of the Black Hand.

Mexico has been in a constant state of warfare since before the Conquistadors arrived. Reporting war in Mexica is like reporting there is salt in the water of the Atlantic Ocean.

Problem is that the whacko rebels want to take back the American Southwest. It was okay long as they kept their forever war south of the border. Nobody cared if Mexicans continued killing Mexicans.

But now they're coming north of the border trying to muscle in on America.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join