It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you picture your soul in your mind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
to me soul is not the same as spirit.

spirit and breath have definitions of each other in a dictionary.
many words used today related to breath and breathing have as the root word spirit.

respiration = re spiriting over and over
dispirited = spirit depressed
aspiration = dream
expiration = die
inspiration = full of spirit
conspire = of the identical breath or spirit, with another.

when the spirit leaves the body it takes with it the soul (volition, intellect and emotion).

When I was electrocuted by 15,640 volts, my spirit left my body and took the soul with it.
I still possessed my will, mind and emotion. Otherwise how would I be speaking in the spirit about it today if I did not have my soul present with me at the departure from my physical body of my spirit?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
During my Near Death Experience when I was floating toward the light I felt like myself. I assumed I had all the features of my physical body but who knows, I could have been a single point of light. I never looked a myself but it sure felt like myself if you understand my meaning.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
something that never changes or made to go away our fear of death is a fear of change cause the physical world we use as reality changes every second time and reality are a place our soul is eterneal and cannot be destroyed

You will live forever even if you dont want to! as a human.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I picture my soul as an intense bright pale blue light, more intense than staring at the sun, in fact the sheer energy that it contains would destroy the human body if it did not resonate to that bodies frequency.

The power it yields is undescribable.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I just thought of a different way to think about souls and their relationship with God/Creator.

We all were with God from a very long time ago. I know in the Bible God says something like "Before you were born you were with me. Before I knit you in your mother's womb, I knew you.

Once our souls have the corporate form of the body at conception, we
use all of our days on the quest to return home to Him, whether or not we know it consciously. And during our life, while we are doing well, in a relationship with God, we are happy because God knows us and wants us to be happy and we long to return to Him.

Conversely, when we are selfish, greedy, something that displeases or offends God, our soul begins to turn away from His light. And if we keep on turning away from Him, we lose more and more light and become darker and darker. Like the moon facing the sun is very bright, when it is not facing the sun you can only see part of it (part of your potential) brightness.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

i totally understand what you are saying.
i've felt the same way, in my experiences.
not NDE's but the same sort of conscious awareness.

i think i felt more myself than at any other time - maybe because there is a purity of the soul that does not manifest completely in body, no matter how much one tries to do what GOD desires.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
I just thought of a different way to think about souls and their relationship with God/Creator.

(...)

Like the moon facing the sun is very bright, when it is not facing the sun you can only see part of it (part of your potential) brightness.

awesome observation!
i truly think you are on to something - how we see our soul is how we reflect the light of our Creator and Source!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Like an ethereal tree.Branches that touch all living things,past, present and future with leaves that are gently blown by the space inbetween.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Spirit and soul are two different things. I think my spirit is like an aura around my body my soul is my conscience and part of me. I also feel that it is located in the upper abdomen. Don't know why I think its there, but when I think about it that's where it feels like it should be.
Now for the part where you will think I am a real loony:
First I don't buy in to all of the new age stuff but with that being said I have always been able to see auras, have been able to for as long as I remember. I think everyone can. I have tried to explain how I do it to people (like my wife) but they can't get it.
I can choose when I want to do it but hardly ever do. I don't know any thing about "how to read them" but I do know black is bad. People with black usually seem to get in trouble a lot. Most of the ones I see are kinda a goldfish yellow. Like I said I don't do it often and probably would not have mentioned it if not for the previous post about auras.
A question for all of those that think everything is made from atoms: what is a "thought" made of? Not the thought process mind you. But a thought itself?

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
soul is the same etheral substance as one's Id or their Ego, or Libido...

move on... nothing to see here

[edit on 1-8-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

Do you have to concentrate to see the auras? Is it difficult or take an effort to do?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
reply to post by Quadrivium

Do you have to concentrate to see the auras? Is it difficult or take an effort to do?

Yes to the concentration.
Focus on someone and concentrate.
No to the difficult or effort part.
Grew up thinking everyone could do so it was no big deal to me. Never thought of talking about it with anyone cause to me it was nothing out of the ordinary.
Still think everyone can do it. Maybe just easier for some.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Double post BB seems to have a mind its own.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting question in the OP.

I don't think I have an eternal soul that is unchanging and static. Everything that I see, do, understand and perceive is always changing me: I am not the same person I was when I was 10, 20, 30 or 40. I suspect I will be different when I hit 50 and all the decades beyond.

I don't know what happens beyond death. All I do know is I have this spark of life within me right now that constantly allows me to change and grow.

Panna

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
When meditating it helps me to try and project an image of your 'energy' in the form of a sphere behind my closed eyes. This energy which i can see very clearly, is such as the ohms that run through my body. My breath and electric in my body is my soul i feel. Smells like citronella.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I held someone's hand while he died
He sat up violently and coughed out his spirit
as the life moniter whent flat,
then the empty body fell back to bed
a dead empty husk.

How can I explain his soul looked like a whoosh?
Like what moves the dead leaves on the side walk in autumn.
or what bends the grass as it passes
or what leaves a chill and makes the hair stand up on end
on the back of your neck
when it swirls by

phenomenal post
did you pen this?

Edit b/c accidentally posted reply inside quote box-- oopsy daisy!

[edit on 8/1/2010 by new_here]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I picture my soul as a translucent water-like/fluidic glass, genderless form, yet still identifiable as the outline of a human body. It is a pale blue/aqua green shade where it reflects light, but entirely see in the center.

I tried to picture it within my own mind, and I had this image of the same material my soul is made of starting as a small ball, then instantly pushing itself into a saucer shaped disc to the edges of my mind, much like how I'd envision the universe to look. Maybe I've just created a new big bang somewhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

How do you picture your soul in your mind?

i don't think i ever thought to think such a question, at least not consciously.

the title of this thread sure grabbed my attention, though.

i never thought of "seeing" my soul. or even sensing my soul with my other senses.

i think the "soul", or whatever other essence of being the "soul" goes by, is not something defined by the 5 senses totally.

interesting question, though.

sorta makes me wonder... what my version of a comic book superhero would be.

i hope my soul isn't red with horns, but if it is, maybe it is better than having no soul.

now i got that song stuck in my head again... soul man...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
A question for all of those that think everything is made from atoms: what is a "thought" made of? Not the thought process mind you. But a thought itself?

This immediately popped into my head: thought is pure energy.

What say you?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I've given it some more thought....

something like the opposite of this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f83ec9531216.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join