It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you picture your soul in your mind?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
As for myself...I see my soul as young skinny me...something I haven't been for about 10years now...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have to admit that I am an atheist and am not sure if I even have a soul, but I did study Buddhism for a while and I tend to think of it like this.

Think of the universe as a vast ocean of energy, you reach down and scoop up some of that ocean into a glass, that becomes you, your soul, your life, your everything. When you die the glass is simply tipped back into the ocean.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

HMMMM..... Pure energy?
Can a thought be pure energy? Energy can not be destroyed so what happens to all of the random thoughts we have daily?
A lot of our thoughts are transformed into motion or action. We think of doing something and we do it.
Also a lot of our thoughts are written down and documented. We can keep track of them, we can actually see them in motion.
But we still have many more that never bear fruit. How much time do we spend just thinking random thoughts?
If they are just energy then where do they form and why? What makes us able to think at all? If we are just a group of atoms thrown together what purpose do thoughts serve?
The point I am making is that just the simple fact that we can form thoughts independent from each other ought to be a little proof that we did not just "happened", that everything just didn't happen to fall in place just right to form life.
What is a thought? Not the thought process but a single simple thought. I think it is the gift that gives this collection of atoms ,I call a body, purpose.
"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"
What is a thought but a Word unspoken.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Quadrivium]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I picture them as whispy colours, a sort of ambiance, without any particular shape to them. ...I guess that's kinda what auras are described as though.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Pure energy with no humanly descernable shape.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

The question was, what does your soul look like? Now YOU have interjected...thought, reasoning, action, awareness...etc. That was not the question.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When actually trying to picture my soul I don't see anything as in shape or colour but can sense my surrounding from it within my host body. Which in other words is limitless and not withheld by the realms of physical shape or colours, these are "boundaries" . A human soul has no boundaries when truly awakened.
We can not perceive the souls dimensions. Balls of light etc etc are just another host for the soul to use, temporary transit maybe like when you step into your car.
My soul is a mysterious energy that has sentience above the present frequency that when free, floats around a given place in the cosmos until it is time to find another host. It could even be transported for teaching purposes who knows? Earth Kindergarten for the Soul.
I believe this to be the case. When the soul is young or does something wrong it's back to school. Human Form
( L plates for the soul )

My quote says it all.

[edit on 2-8-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The soul is the inner light of the mind. The light that illuminates during intense meditational practices. The light which illuminates the forms within the mind's eye.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I wish I could tell
but I cannot
there may be demonic technology
to find and sought
even though we
are not afraid
a suprise attack
is better played
my soul your souls
are ours too keep
and not to be tampered
when in deep sleep

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

"How do you picture your soul in your mind?"

nudity is considered offensive, profane, and not permitted on ATS.

my soul is what i am when i do not bear/wear the burden of the expectations of others, or when i wear/bear all the expectations of others.

so, how many laws must one abide by and conform to in order for my soul to be welcome here on earth? does any child born today have the opportunity to live long enough to learn the number of all the laws and expectations our society places upon them?

when we know all the laws, all the expectations, and what they really mean and the sum of them, maybe we will have a more accurate understanding of what our "soul" is.

thoughts, things & stuff,
et

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Look around this thread brother, most are saying more than what the soul looks like. They are giving THEIR interpretation of what the soul is.
Why did you only find offense at mine I wonder?
Any way I was replying to a question posed by "New Here" and the question was posed to ME.
What you read was my answer. Sorry IF it made your thought process a little uncomfortable. I would hate for you to second guess your preconceptions.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Edit for triple post. Seems the "back" button is sticking on my BB.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
When actually trying to picture my soul I don't see anything as in shape or colour but can sense my surrounding from it within my host body. Which in other words is limitless and not withheld by the realms of physical shape or colours, these are "boundaries" . A human soul has no boundaries when truly awakened.
We can not perceive the souls dimensions. Balls of light etc etc are just another host for the soul to use, temporary transit maybe like when you step into your car.
My soul is a mysterious energy that has sentience above the present frequency that when free, floats around a given place in the cosmos until it is time to find another host. It could even be transported for teaching purposes who knows? Earth Kindergarten for the Soul.
I believe this to be the case. When the soul is young or does something wrong it's back to school. Human Form
( L plates for the soul )

My quote says it all.

Just a little add on when we see a soul e'g a being of higher purpose, we see it as what we would expect it to be.....So it would be wiser to ask .........What does my soul look like to you?

I will answer what I would like it to look like:

A Silvery White Dragon flying so high that from the earth I would look like a star. A solitary vigil watching over the souls I leave behind, until my soulmate joins me then we will just drift away to find our new place in the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Many posters are saying: "my soul". (The possessor and that which is possessed.) The soul is the final witness to all that is not-soul. So all that we can witness is not-soul, or no-self. What witnesses thought? What witnesses imagination? What witnesses dreams? Or to simplify, the ancient yogis declared: "The seer of a pot is ever different from a pot." (no marijuana jokes pls)

How can anyone find themselves unless there are two of them? Whatever you can picture in your mind is not the soul. If it is, then whatever pictured it is an observer even more refined than a soul.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oddly when I imagine my corporeal self, or my soul, I suppose, it inevitably ends up being a cartoon type character, something along the lines of Jhonen Vasquez' work. Though for the life of me I don't know why and I don't want to pay a therapist a small fortune to find out!

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is an interesting idea. I am not sure that we could accurately portray the soul with our current perception as it resides in a slightly different frequency than ours and we are unable to discern that frequency (most people but not all). but from what I have read, it depends on what stage of development you are at.

Some say it looks just like the body depending on how much you have utilised the light body activation (visualising the kundalini rising with breathing), or as many people are suggesting here, like a ball of light. Ascended masters that I have spoke to say it looks like three pure balls of light which are interconnected residing just above the head. if you can see auras you might sometimes see and upside down cone reaching up about 10 inches above the third eye.

I myself have not seen the soul but when working with energy you can feel with your hands some strange sensations when you're working above some ones head.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Some of the best resources for contemplation on this subject I have found on the montalk site: montalk.net...

Here, the author defines what he sees as what constitutes a human being - the essential ingredients so to speak.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think my soul should be how i look right now because I must have some unique identification at least. Also many paranormal stories mentioned spirit resemblance of the decease person. Could be the devil's trick. I don't know. I'm skeptic but I'm open to all possibilities. Only the problem is what if I grow old will my soul look old too? If it does then it's not going to be fun in heaven or... in hell.
One holy book said we will always look around 25 years old in heaven and we do not age. Yeah, maybe.

I don't like the idea of reincarnation tho. Because I don't want to come back. But I've read stories some children can remember their past life, their name and how they look like. They abruptly tell their mom and dad. It's totally spook me out.

There're time during OOBE, I feel very light I could almost float.

Anyway, that's how I picture my soul.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Our conscious mind, ridiculously enough, has convinced most of us that it is somehow so important that it must remain after we die.

We think our conscious is so important that we can not imagine our selfs without it. It is even a bit scary to imagine that who you are and what you think, all that you have accumulated, will cease to exist at the moment we die.

Religious people believe there "conscious mind" travels to heaven. Their identity will remain some where up there. But even non-religious people have a sense of "their essence" somehow living on after they die...

Why?? It scares us to think about loosing "I"...(and who is creating that fear?? exactly, consciousness itself)

personally I believe that after I die my conscious will stop functioning just like my liver and my brain. My "soul", if there really has to be such a thing, is probably a fragment of a great subconsciousness.

Like a drop of rain. My soul comes from a big ocean of raindrops. At the moment of forming into a raindrop and falling back to earth, it develops a sense of self importance, free will and rational thinking.

On impact with the surface of this ocean (death) the raindrop will of course cease to be an individual drop but will once again be part of the whole.

So, by dying, the "I" is definitely destroyed. But then again, it was never about "I", that is just the wonderful illusion-part of this reality.

I'll see you guys in the ocean!!

Peace

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join