It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you picture your soul in your mind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Thank you.

Upon death, the spirit departs from the physical body, but to takes with it in a non material reality the SOUL.

The word Spirit comes from spiritus.
Ex Spire= spirit exits (expired)
Re spire= spirit repeatedly comes in and out of physical body. (respiration)

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My soul is just energy, without looks or characteristics, strengths or weaknesses. I wish in my heart of hearts that life is like a video game, mmo's in particular. You spawn from thin air (conception)with skills and weaknesses and abilities unique to you, then you do whatever in life,produce offspring for more players to join, then you die. Your soul is spectator mode where you have no clip mode and can explore anywhere without effort. Then after 10 seconds of spectating you respawn, then do it all over again in a never ending cycle.

Which works for not only humans, but every species of life. If we have souls, then animals and bugs have souls, why cant cells and viruses have souls either? It seems people only think that people have souls, which sounds like a by-product of intelligence to me. Whatever the deal is, You lose consciousness when you die, you need a brain to gather information about the world around you,when you die, your brain dies too, which is why nobody remembers what happened before they were born. So what im getting at is that it does not matter what happens after you die, you just have to live your life, you will find out one day.

Even if im right or wrong, you still have to realize. You are 1 person, 1 "soul" out of the 7,000,000,000 of them that are human. Each of us has an opinion of how life is and the afterlife, this is mine.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

I hear ya, Quasar. I just have one lingering question, coming from the concepts that (1) Brain activity is electro-chemical in nature (ie: energy) and (2) energy is neither created nor destroyed, it just changes forms.

So, when a brain "turns off" at the death of a person, where does all of that energy go? I've heard of people witnessing something visible being exhaled from a person in their last breath. Some speculate that is the soul 'moving on' to... the great beyond...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

I don't think it sounds made up at all. That was a really cool thing to have thought of. These are the replies that I've always wanted to ask for. Long ago I thought I would have to interview people and write a book. Ah, the wonders of ATS!

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

You made my day! I have always loved you Brits and your humor so I pretty much ROTFL! My ATS name came from Red Dwarf (British Sci-Fi) my favorite show!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I picture mine far, far away.

In another dimension. He is a shadowy figure in a white robe in a dark room that stretches for infinity with a light in the center, with billions of other souls who are identical.

And every action I make as my material self in this dimension affects how my soul behaves in its dimension.

When I make good moral choices my soul moves toward the light and worships it. When I make a bad moral choice my soul strays from the worship of the light and wanders into the darkness.

I know it's weird, but that's how I think about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I never pictured it in my head before.

But I just did, and the first thing that I envisioned was a pure, bright white, glowing mass in the shape of my human form.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

I can picture that perfectly

I'd love to have spawn points in the RL

I heard that viruses(?) weren't technically "alive".
So, they don't have souls, because they are soulless killers!
I could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I've always envisioned it as looking like me except kind of translucent, able to go anywhere with just a thought. Seeings as how I would have shed this shell of a body. Younger though, stuck at about 25 years old.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
My soul seems to be somewhere within my physical body.

At times I have reflected on the fact that I question why I am in this body. Why did my creator pick this rack of bones and flesh for me to reside in?

God gave me a perfectly good body. And I'm the reason it has had so much physical pain.

I've pushed this body to the maximum. Been thin, been fat, and smoked, drank alcohol and ingested other not so good for the body chemicals.

If I had taken care and fed this body and kept poisons out of it, it would be in much better health today.

Took me a long time to get living right so that my body would give me less problems.

Now I eat and live a very healthy life style and my body has responded well.

I have a short, blond female body now and think I might like to come back as a tall dark and handsome man.

I know what is right to do and also what is not right to do. When the body starts to do something wrong I remind it that God doesn't like ugly actions and what the consequences latter could be.

Thankfully I have the body and brain fairly well trained now. As would be expected I did learn some valuable lessons that I hope to carry with me to the next life.

Take care of your body. It's your house for this adventure.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I know it may sound crazy but i believe my soul has departed, about 2 years ago i died (heart failure they brought me back) my last memory was seeing a tunnel with a light then i woke up i didnt know who i was i didnt feel the same i felt not connect to this world i still dont i see this place like one would view a movie it is just a play but one day hopefully my consiousness and my soul will be reunited if such things are possible but if not i do believe a part of my former self is out there living some form of existance

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I don't believe we have a "soul" if by soul you mean a spirit... but that doesn't stop me from imagining what one might look like.

I always thought of them like a ghost, an ancient energy dwelling deep within our bones that speaks to us through our subconscious. So it would be ethereal, wraith-like, but not frightening and not always conforming to the shape of a human body either.

It can also be imagined as an eternal breath or a lifeforce.

As it is I think the "soul" as we refer to it is merely a deep part of the mind, the crossroads of the subconscious desires we suppress and the deepest emotions that we express.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This is an interesting to question to ponder. My first impression was that of an intangible wisp of whitish smoke. The thought actually brought a smile to my lips.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Well in my mind my sole looks like the standard vulcanised rubber embedded with grips to prevent slipping and increase traction. There is also a piece of chewing gum stuck on it I'll need to sort that out.... Oh wait sorry...Misunderstood.

Like, like like...I know my reply is short but to much for words.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

You are missing the whole point!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

It's not weird, I think it's profound.
I am enjoying this thread so much!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I envision my soul in very much the same way as the rest of you. Almost as if it's a perfect entity which knows things beyond i ever could contemplate. I believe its eternal.

www.quotegarden.com...

"I simply believe that some part of the human Self or Soul is not subject to the laws of space and time." ~Carl Jung

"Good for the body is the work of the body, good for the soul the work of the soul, and good for either the work of the other." ~Henry David Thoreau

"A sensible man will remember that the eyes may be confused in two ways - by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize that the same thing happens to the soul." ~Plato

"Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul." ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"When you do things from your soul you feel a river moving in you, a joy. When action come from another section, the feeling disappears." ~Jalal ad-Din Rumi

"What is soul? It's like electricity - we don't really know what it is, but it's a force that can light a room." ~Ray Charles

"You see, when weaving a blanket, an Indian woman leaves a flaw in the weaving of that blanket to let the soul out." ~Martha Graham

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I held someone's hand while he died
He sat up violently and coughed out his spirit
as the life moniter whent flat,
then the empty body fell back to bed
a dead empty husk.

How can I explain his soul looked like a whoosh?
Like what moves the dead leaves on the side walk in autumn.
or what bends the grass as it passes
or what leaves a chill and makes the hair stand up on end
on the back of your neck
when it swirls by

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

Thank you kindly for the quotes. Also the link.
This is all very fascinating!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i think about my soul all the time - or maybe i should say it feels like i think FROM my soul, all the time.

i've never thought about how my soul might look, although i've spent much time looking out from my soul - in lucid dreams/OOBE/visions, etc. it feels like i am just a pair of eyes with a mind attached. my HGA, or guide, whatever, my eternal buddy is always to my right and we communicate but i never even look over to him or wonder what he looks like, during these experiences. i guess i don't need to, over there.

i tried what new_here suggested and i couldn't do it - it seemed impossible to try to stuff my soul into my physical cranium. it felt like tremendous pressure, kind of like when you try to stick two same polar ends of a magnet together - that hard invisible ball? it felt like oppression. but i might have auto-suggested that idea from reading new_here's post.

i dunno.

so i just cognitively asked myself, "self, what does your soul look like?"
self answered, "nothing. a swirling mass of rainbow fruit flavors. beauty. nothing. blue eyes. nothing."

i do think that the soul-essence leaves the body after the final physical respiration - you know that deep sigh of exhalation sometimes depicted in movies when someone dies? Morgan Earp in Tombstone is the perfect example of what i mean.

i've seen that and it is just like that! i've seen it many times but not every time. perhaps the volume of that breath varies from soul to soul, having to do with karma and dharma and life experiences and the sum total of what you take with you opposed to what you leave behind.

i personally believe all we can take with us is the love we've given and the truth we've found. the rest is refuse that is sent to the Great Recycler of All Life.

but in every instance that i've actually witnessed the moment of someone's death, up close (i was an RN for around 10 years), there is a DEFINITE moment that the body is left behind by the animating force that we call "life."

even if that last soul-expelling breath isn't obvious, the last breath taken always is, no matter what kind of breath it is - one of life or one of death. the body immediately takes on a different hue in the flesh and there is some indescribable quality that is instantly absent.

this fact, in my own observances, to me is empirical proof that life is not contained in the physical and the seen. i worked with terminally ill people and the elderly, so i've seen this happen enough times to say 100% is an accurate sample of data. that kind of result in a scientific experiment is conclusive and so for me, there is no doubt.

i would call our last normal breath the breath of death, and the actual exhalation of the soul-essence our last breath of life. so first death and then life!

well, that's about all i can presently think of, related to soul.
thank you for making me think on it!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join