It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you picture your soul in your mind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I've always wanted to ask people this question.
When I think of souls, I picture them as being round, white as snow but with a pearly sheen that shimmers sometimes. How about you?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Actually, I have always seen my soul as an extension of myslef. It looks like me, it talks like me and it feels, just like me. My soul is the part of me that is waiting for a new body to live forever just as my soul will live forever. My soul was alive long before my body ever was.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I didn't think a soul had substance. I guess if you want to believe it, I suppose it would be neon clear blue or shimmering white. I am not sure if you are being 100% serious though.
I think soul is just atoms.
And whatever makes them wanna be buddies with each other for eternity.
Death is a very real thing people find incredibly hard to accept. Just because there is death and blackness does not mean there is no One.
I think soul and God are too shrouded in symbolism.
God is just all, and man is God because man create soul and God, which he new, he literally did, and it was just a way of saying, I am all that is (as a human), so all I am is what I think, I am the same in parts as everything else around me, I will be reincarnated through energy (not soul as in floating apparition), and all is blackness (non-being) and all is light (sight of a physical being, and physical existence as we know of)

Souls are pretty in the imagination though. Which is what it is. It's funny how life works lol

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A ball of light which is the tip of the ice burg.

As a kid it was as a white fuzzy pipe cleaner just a-risin' on up to the sky..
Catholic school ya know...sins would turn it black.

sandf

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

I picture mine as a body shape, but able to take any appearance, like in the movie what dreams may come, but also with an energy around it like our aura but it shows, and mine would be golden I beleive but most others would be white...silver.... or purpleish like that purple white, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I view my physical body as the soul itself.

Picture an atom in your mind. The atom is just a spec of energy right?

Well multiply that by quadrillions, and there you go, a massive clump of energy.

That is my physical body.

That is the physical world around me.

All things are made of this packet of energy, and so to me, this means all physical objects are soul.

Hope at least someone knows what I mean.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
E=mc^2 + or - claims that basically everything in existence is Energy.

If everything in existence is Energy, that means that IF SOUL EXISTS, than it is Energy.

So if Soul = Energy, and Everything in Existence = Energy;
Than Everything in Existence = Soul = Energy

That is how I came to the conclusion that my physical body is the Soul itself.

And that all objects in the Universe are Soul as well.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yeah - my soul has energy inside of it also, but it's not a physical thing. It is in my chest area, and it too gets dark blemishes like sunspots when we do bad things.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So you have a conscience. Where do you thing that comes from?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by assasinforfather

I think my conscience entered with me when I was conceived, but I did not even think about it until I became self-aware.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY

I think my conscience entered with me when I was conceived, but I did not even think about it until I became self-aware.

When I became 'self-aware' is when i knew what was sinful. So then my soul is my guide...no?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The soul of a human consists of these THREE major components:

Volitional= will power, free will, choice...
Intellectual= thoughts, ideas, memories, analysis...
Emotional= feelings, sad hurt afraid ashamed angry glad...

These three components are unique to each individual.
The spirit (Spiritual) component on the other hand is the invisible vehicle which lives after the physical body dies.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I guess I'd say your soul is the home of your conscience. What comes to mind when you hear something like "110 souls were lost that day"?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Picture a tennis ball lying on the court.
Motionless.

It requires a being (yourself) to impart motion, either rotational or lineal.

It natural state of existence is motionless.

What keeps the earth in motion?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slugger9787

That is a beautiful way to describe it. Thanks

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well in my mind my sole looks like the standard vulcanised rubber embedded with grips to prevent slipping and increase traction. There is also a piece of chewing gum stuck on it I'll need to sort that out.... Oh wait sorry...Misunderstood.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Funny you should ask. I had a vision two weeks ago, while meditating. I was seeing myself, as a continious explotion of light and color. Energy comming from above and below. Me screaming WHOOOOO HOOOOOO YEAAAAAH as if on a rollercoaster. THAT was a trip, however i´m convinced that, that is how i really look like.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My soul looks roundabout like me at this point.

Let me explain a bit...
The "soul" is the consciousness within the machine, the point behind the atoms. All living things have a energy field around them..some call this the aura..whatever...but i goes all around and inside our body...you can actually see this field through some special lenses and some people claim to see it simply by focusing in on you in some sort of special way or whatnot...who knows if they can or not though.

So, if what makes be bigger and better than say, a rock, is this energy field, and it is in and around my body...then yep, my soul is a bipedal sort of energy mass.

Once I die, it may change, or completely dissipate..

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Wow, Starbug, you just provided me with a strange, puzzling experience. I sort of misinterpreted your question at first... and took "How do picture your soul in your mind?" as you asking me to envision my soul inside my head, meaning: stuck within the confines of my skull. Well, in doing so, I immediately felt constricted, almost like I couldn't get a deep breath. So I let go of the image of my soul being stuck inside my skull and sought to envision my soul "in its natural habitat" and immediately had a sense of "it" expanding from the core of my brain outwards and upwards, becoming boundless, translucent and infinite. Even I know it sounds like something made up, just to sound cool. But I didn't. That was a neat experiment/experience. I've never tried to image what my soul looks like in my mind! Try it, y'all... try to imagine your soul confined within your skull and see if it feels weird!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Shapeless, soundless, odorless, light-less.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join