It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Threatens Feds With A SWAT Team

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
so, i guess folks here think that any person or company who has an allotment to use federal public lands by permission of the federal government( me and you), now have property rights to the land...so, they can do whatever they want, clear cut it, strip mine it, use up all the natural resources... chew it up and spit it out... then hand it back over to us... and thats ok with everyone???

Are you accusing the Hage family, who had lawful allotment of this land, of clear cutting, strip mining, using up all the natural resources, and chewing it up and spitting it out, or are you making a leap of logic to somehow defend the criminal actions of the BLM?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

i think the BLM are completely corrupt ... but i dont know if id say impounding his cows that he continued to let graze our lands even after he was ordered to stop is all that crazy... i think he had pretty much pissed them off at that point.... but id expect the same reaction if we found for instance BP exploiting the hell out of our land allotment to them.. we should be able to put a halt to it.... he clams the resources their are his, i say their the peoples... its not his land..... in fact i think this could be the legal groundwork for an ever bigger rape of our lands, by much bigger fish than the Hage’s family...

www.law.georgetown.edu...
[edit on 31-7-2010 by 2012DragonSlayer]

[edit on 31-7-2010 by 2012DragonSlayer]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
hats off to the man

second line

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012DragonSlayer

As the Sheriff explained in those videos, this was an issue of water rights, and in the State of Nevada if a person can not show reasonable purpose for the use of water, they loose the water rights. Hage fought the BLM and won in court, and yet the BLM defied the ruling, and continued to harass the Hages after the ruling. It doesn't matter that they were appealing the ruling, this did not give them the right to continue harassing the Hages.

On the one hand you pay lip service to the corruption of the BLM, and then spend the rest of the time attacking the Hages, based on nothing more than conjecture. The rule of law is what is at issue here, and the rule of law is precisely what the BLM ignored in order to do what they did.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
As a red blooded American, like my grandfather who just passed away, I will defend this country and all it's inhabitants from all enemies, foreign and domestic. It is my duty as an American citizen to uphold the Constitution of this free nation. i will give my life willfully to protect everything, everyone who is free. I stand behind this sheriff, I will stand behind anyone who defends this nation and those who oppose tyranny.

I thank this sheriff for his service, I thank those who have sacrificed to retain what they believe is true. I thank those who have been manipulated by this global oligarchy into believing this is freedom because they truly believe this is freedom. I cannot blame them. I defend them with my life as I hope they would too. With all my heart, i pray for total truth and freedom for all who seek it.

Godspeed to all and to all I pray for you to never forget what and who you truly are.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animusmors
As a red blooded American, like my grandfather who just passed away, I will defend this country and all it's inhabitants from all enemies, foreign and domestic. It is my duty as an American citizen to uphold the Constitution of this free nation. i will give my life willfully to protect everything, everyone who is free. I stand behind this sheriff, I will stand behind anyone who defends this nation and those who oppose tyranny.

I thank this sheriff for his service, I thank those who have sacrificed to retain what they believe is true. I thank those who have been manipulated by this global oligarchy into believing this is freedom because they truly believe this is freedom. I cannot blame them. I defend them with my life as I hope they would too. With all my heart, i pray for total truth and freedom for all who seek it.

Godspeed to all and to all I pray for you to never forget what and who you truly are.

I could not have said a better comment as this one as posted above...

It is the CRUX of the issue(s) at hand.

This event needs to be trumped, paraded, and bill boarded across America as to WHY Americans NEED THEIR GUNS!

THIS IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF CONSTITUTIONALITY WORKING FOR HONEST AMERICANS

Those bureaucrats from the BLM need to be identified and tried as enemies of the American Constitution...

Enemies who as defined by the Patriot Act did intentionally enact a terrorist effort against an American citizen and an American institute of Law. I want thier citizenship stripped from them, thier guns taken, and I want to see them moved to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba...

Those that flee...

I want to see Obama issue warrants authorizing thier assassination!....

COME ON MR. DOUBLE STANDARD AMERICA!... where's your law now?! follow your own damn laws or be held accountable by them!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Mission Statement

It is the mission of the Nye County Sheriff's Office to work with the citizens of our community to preserve life, maintain human rights, protect property, and promote individual responsibility and community commitment. This teamwork effort is the move of the future

www.nyecounty.net...

I sent him the link to this post, maybe he will respond and we'll get it right from the horses mouth.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
online.wsj.com...

Seems the Sheriff has arrested the District Attorney,
the full story thus far can be read in the WSJ, I've attached the link above.
Sounds like a pretty crazy county but no different than most I'm sure.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ah, that we had more "servants of the people" such as this man to face down evil intentions of the Feds.

Unfortunately, you will note the good man is not a young man. Only old-timers will say they are "servants of the people". Most in that office today around the country are not willing to stand down the Feds in favor of the people's rights. Most, in fact, are meerly pawns of the Fed, doing their bidding. As such we can not, as a general rule, look to LEOs to represent the interests of the citizens

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Wasn't this case decided back in 2008? On Bush's watch?

NEV. RANCHER AWARDED MILLIONS IN DECADES OLD PROPERTY RIGHTS DISPUTE

June 6, when a D.C.-based federal judge ruled in favor of the family and awarded more than $4.2 million in compensation – plus 17 years of interest and attorney’s fees and costs -- to the estates of the late Nevada rancher and property rights advocate Wayne Hage and his first wife, Jean Nichols Hage.

www.newswithviews.com...

In one 105-day period in the early ‘80s, the Forest Service sent Hage 40 certified letters and personally visited him 70 times, citing him each time as being in violation of a bureaucratic regulation.

Early 80's huh? Wasn't that on Reagan's watch?

On Sept. 26, 1991, the Hages filed a “taking” case in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, demanding just compensation for the property taken, as provided by the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Sep 26, 1991 huh? Wasn't Bush one standing post during that time?

Do you guys actually think we never look this stuff up? Is this another Shirley Sherrod moment?

You guys need to stop!

WTF are you prattling on about now!?!
This is NOT a right versus left issue, it is a RIGHT versus WRONG issue! It does NOT matter who is sitting in the White House because the whole of the federal government are nothing but a den of thieves and liars, ala Maxine Waters, Charles Rangel and countless others on BOTH sides of the aisle. So, the way I see it, the only one who neds to stop is you - and WAKE UP!!!

On topic: This sheriff is a hero and embodies everything it means to be a public servant. Police officers all over the country could stand to learn a few things from this guy. I just hope they're paying attention.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Reading that article, sounds like this sheriff is a one man corruption killer.

Damn, this guy should be the Attorney General. That article just made me respect him even more.

Kick ass or chew bubble gum, I think he is fresh out of bubble gum.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean

Threatening to kill someone over cows is not an honor. It's a dishonor.

You obviously aren't from Texas.

This video shows a sheriff who stood up for what he thought was right. Now, all his bravado aside, he did help these people retain their rights. He fought the good fight.

The attempt to compare him to McVeigh is a strawman. He may have talked his trash, but did he injure anyone? Didn't think so. Strawman burned.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012DragonSlayer

I don't get what you are saying. Hage claimed that he owns water rights for the land that was issued by the state...the state that owns the land that the water is on.
A federal government agency is far removed from "the people."

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I lived in Nye county for 3 years. I am not a big fan of law enforcement, but this man is one of a very few of them who used to encourage us to wear our firearms in public. He stated on a local news program that he believed it would actually prevent crime from happening. My hat is off to you Tony!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is why I love Nevada and never leaving my beautiful desert. I know every little town and city in Nevada. I'm telling you now, this isn't the only sheriff we have here who thinks like this. Most of the cops who perform their duties in cities and towns across Nevada believe as this sheriff does.

1. I open carry, not one officer has stopped me over suspicion. I have been asked about the quality of my pistol.

2. I have never been harassed or arrested by the police for any reason.

3. I have been cited by NHP for speeding and driving without a license. After explaining that I was driving because the actual driver was falling asleep, I was let go with only a speeding ticket...Whereas I could have been arrested and fined hundreds of dollars, I was given an $80 ticket and told to slow down and drive safely.

4. Cops here in Reno will NOT search you unless you consent or they have actual probable cause.

5. I have never been profiled or harassed based on my race or the fact that I'm an immigrant. I've only been asked questions about my country of origin as a matter of personal curiosity.

These people are diligent in their duties. Are there bad cops in Nevada? Yep. But not many. We're still the wild west and we like it that way. The cops know this, the people know this. Even the state and local governments know this. When I go to places like California my palms sweat, and I get nervous just seeing a cop. I've never felt threatened by police of any kind here in Nevada, I've felt protected. They are professional, courteous, and understanding.

This sheriff is just one example of Nevada's finest in action.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have never been in Nevada (will have a couple of lay overs there in the LV airport....but won't be leaving the airport). But all the evidence i have seen shows the Nevada police to be among the worst in America.

I think in Texas what drives our corruption is the simple fact of convenience. There is so much money/power available from the drugs that come through, there is no choice but to find corruption.

I have seen it happen so many times where people who don't need to steal will steal when given the chance. It is less about need, and more about opportunity. Humans just have a screwed up psyche. A lot of people who appear to be nice, deep inside their own mind lurks a monster.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Bravo!!

Juat goes to show you that you must elect your local Sheriffs well. They will be one of our first lines of defense if things keep going the way they are going.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

If you're EVER in Reno, for any reason at all, do NOT mention Reno 911! to the cops here. They don't think it's funny. I made the mistake once and i got the finger from 6 cops at the old coffeehouse.

Not a good feeling.

OT:

Corruption exists here too. Plenty of it. But it isn't the norm and we don't take to kindly to it here.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Highly doubt? Blowing smoke? Not bloody likely. Tony DeMeo is a patriot and has stood up for the constitution on more than one occasion. It is a blessing to have him at the helm of the Sheriff's Dept. and, God willing, he will remain there. Be skeptical all you want, but it's kinda lame to speculate about people you don't know or have any dealings with. As for the rest of the law enforcment officers in Nye County, you underestimate them as well.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join