posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:08 PM
This is why I love Nevada and never leaving my beautiful desert. I know every little town and city in Nevada. I'm telling you now, this isn't the
only sheriff we have here who thinks like this. Most of the cops who perform their duties in cities and towns across Nevada believe as this sheriff
1. I open carry, not one officer has stopped me over suspicion. I have been asked about the quality of my pistol.
2. I have never been harassed or arrested by the police for any reason.
3. I have been cited by NHP for speeding and driving without a license. After explaining that I was driving because the actual driver was falling
asleep, I was let go with only a speeding ticket...Whereas I could have been arrested and fined hundreds of dollars, I was given an $80 ticket and
told to slow down and drive safely.
4. Cops here in Reno will NOT search you unless you consent or they have actual probable cause.
5. I have never been profiled or harassed based on my race or the fact that I'm an immigrant. I've only been asked questions about my country of
origin as a matter of personal curiosity.
These people are diligent in their duties. Are there bad cops in Nevada? Yep. But not many. We're still the wild west and we like it that way. The
cops know this, the people know this. Even the state and local governments know this. When I go to places like California my palms sweat, and I get
nervous just seeing a cop. I've never felt threatened by police of any kind here in Nevada, I've felt protected. They are professional, courteous,
This sheriff is just one example of Nevada's finest in action.
[edit on 31-7-2010 by projectvxn]