Sheriff Threatens Feds With A SWAT Team

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
DeMint Offers Land Grab Amendment
www.youtube.com...

Obama Administration Set to Seize Millions of Acres in the West | Print | E-mail
Written by Joe Wolverton, II
Wednesday, 03 March 2010 17:35
www.thenewamerican.com...

Not satisfied with placing banks, insurance companies, and the car industry under the control of the federal government, President Obama has turned his sights on the American West.

This is the startling revelation contained in a letter published Tuesday by the Washington Times penned by South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint. In the three-page exposé, Senator DeMint cites a 21-page secret Obama Administration document reportedly bearing the designation “Internal Draft-NOT FOR RELEASE” wherein the President sets forth his plan to federalize more than 10 million acres of land in the Western United States by placing it under the “protection” of the Department of the Interior. The pernicious nature of this scheme is illuminated when one discovers that the “federal government owns approximately 650 million acres nationwide, including about 80% of the land in Nevada and 63% of the land in Utah.”

According to DeMint’s description of the memo, the President identifies 14 pieces of land that “might be good candidates” for the unilateral executive land grab. Of the myriad valid reasons for opposing this action, Senator DeMint lists the loss of jobs (“ranching, forestry, mining, and energy development”) and the loss of tax revenue that will “dry up” the funds needed to maintain “schools, firehouses, and community centers.”

Ostensibly, the proposed seizure of so many valuable tracts of land is justified as a measure necessary for the preservation of habitats and hiking trails. This would be accomplished by proclaiming the parcels “monuments” as provided for by the Antiquities Act of 1906. Under the provisions of that Act (officially styled the “Act for the Preservation of American Antiquities), a president is empowered to restrict the use of public land by way of executive order. The first president to exercise this authority was Theodore Roosevelt who created Devil’s Tower National Monument and the Grand Canyon National Monument under the Act’s auspices. More recently, George W. Bush cordoned off almost 200,000 square miles of the Pacific Ocean, proclaiming them to be undersea monuments.

It was the misuse (constitutionally speaking, there is no proper use) of this power by former Presidents Carter and Clinton that prompted Representative Robert Bishop (R-Utah) to blow the whistle on this inchoate plan for a massive federal land grab. During the Carter Administration, over 56 million acres of oil-rich Alaskan wilderness was appropriated by the executive branch and slapped with the “monument” label. So heinous and controversial was this overreaching that Congress weakened the Antiquities Act by passage of the Alaska National Interests Lands Conservation Act requiring Congressional approval for any seizure of land over 5,000 acres.

As for President Clinton, he ordered such forfeitures 22 times during his eight years in the White House, locking away 5.9 million acres all told throughout the country. It is one of these uses that is near and dear to the heart of Representative Bishop. In 1996, Bill Clinton created the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by taking control of 1.9 million acres of land in southern Utah. Over 135,000 acres of this land was being leased by private developers were producing over 65,000 barrels of oil a year from five active wells. Bill Clinton’s fiat shut down those operations and capped those wells for good, depriving the country of a significant source of domestic energy.

Representative Bishop fears that if he hadn’t made the memo public then President Obama would have followed his predecessors and latched onto millions of square miles of valuable property. The editori

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
hmmm, another greedy cattle rancher abusing his allotment of our land... i realy hate the way the blm and forest service has pimped our lands out to all friends so they can use our natural resources to line their pockets... im not impressed with this sheriff at all... seems like a shill for big cattle...
thats just my opinion... let the wild horses graze the land and keep your cows in your yard

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You can see by a few of the posts on here that most people get it.
It's just a small minority of the country that has their heads up their rear ends.

Why do a couple of you try to turn this into an anti Obama rant. I didn't see anywhere where he was even mentioned. It don't natter who the president is this bullying has been going on by the feds for along time.... through many presidents.

The good thing is that the small percentage of the country that is anti constitution and pro government are the minority.

The bad thing is that while they sit home and collect welfare and dont work they have plenty of time to run their mouths and somehow always have time to make it to all the protests. I can't because I have to work.

So even though they are a minority they are a loud one.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
hmmm, another greedy cattle rancher abusing his allotment of our land... i realy hate the way the blm and forest service has pimped our lands out to all friends so they can use our natural resources to line their pockets... im not impressed with this sheriff at all... seems like a shill for big cattle...
thats just my opinion... let the wild horses graze the land and keep your cows in your yard
Although I'm sure that the rancher made money, that doesn't make him a bad or greedy person by default. Besides, the Sheriff was abiding by what he believes is the highest law in the land.

Should the Sheriff have ignored a citizen's basic rights garunteed in the Bill of Rights just because he assumes that the person is greedy and somehow unequal to any other citizen?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Zaxxon]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
We can't secure our borders, Taxes continue to increase, Unemployment is still about 10%, the economy is just as unstable as it was in 2008 and 2009 and many state and local governments are now completely broke to the point they can't even fix their roads anymore. Meanwhile, our entire infrstructure is failing just as we're being brainwashed and distracted to draw attention from all of these disturbing and seemingly insurmountable obstacles.

But this goes to show how much power we really have if we use the system against its own arrogance. We still have power left!

There's no way this is an isolated incident either.

We've known that the BLM has been corrupt for years and probably still is. It was big news in the MSM just a couple months ago. But this corruption goes to show the extent to which federal agencies will sink if the private sector treats them like semi-famous Lyndsay Lohan wannabes! As long as the private sector kisses the feet of the federal government, the federal government will act as a corporate lap dog.

This is a classic example.. (Most of you have already heard about this).
The Mustang Conspiracy: Part 2: BP and The Ruby Pipeline

The American people are being oppressed in the background while the entire system is twisted in such a way to prevent them from realizing it. Meanwhile, with all that's going on in this country, others have become disollutioned to the point of not caring anymore.

But this Sherriff's story goes to show that if we stick to our principles and the constitution as layed out by our founding fathers that we can fight the system from the inside out.

Sometimes, the government thinks it can twist the constitution by using it against us to achieve its own alterior motives. These same people don't think we're smart enough or clever enough to find a way to fight back. They think we're too dumb to realize they're doing it in the first place. The very people that pay their salaries (us) are the same people they try to manipulate, control and exploit!

This sherriff gives me hope!

ChriS

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Mods--

This is an outrageous headline.

Hell...I'm a 69 year old man and I see nothing wrong at all with that headline. People are getting fed up with corrupt government and in this case the Corrupt BLM. Try watching the "Mustang Video" here on ATS with George Knapp and the ATS Website Owner Mark Alin then come back and tell us all just how 'clean' the BLM is.

So what Corrupt Federal Agency do you work for these days?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
way to take a stand against the criminal feds. they don't show this man's balls in the videos, but i assume they are huge.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Great thread, mnemeth1. If I read more threads like this, I'd have more hope for the future of this country!

SeaWind

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

What a beautiful soul this servent is . Humanity never cesus to amaze me .I am from up north but I could handel some time with this chap ,mate,bloke....my kind of MAN .

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Thank you for the post. Very timely. This day and troubles it brings to all Americans it is good to know that some Law Enforcement Officers are indeed serving their oath.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

FR&$#@%& I could be all wet on this one but do you really not see the little bit bigger picture here. I sware there are probably
more none american people that get your constitution better than you do....Where you from? Easter Island .

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
You can see by a few of the posts on here that most people get it.
It's just a small minority of the country that has their heads up their rear ends.

Why do a couple of you try to turn this into an anti Obama rant.

This case has been settled for OVER TWO YEARS. Why is it relevent now? Hage WON against the government. The very Reagan and Bush government that tried to seize his land.

It's relevant to the Obama haters. Even though Obama had nothing to do with Reagan and Bush trying to take this man's land.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Question:

If Hage won his lawsuit then why start a thread about government stealing land? Shouldn't this thread be entitled, "Hage fought the establishment and he won?"

Oh no!!!! That's not in the talking points of the GOP. We need to spin it like he lost his farm.

The man won his case. Government lost their case.

Why is this thread even in existence using false assertions?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer

Nahh...he actually won his suit against the government. Probably because anti government resistance started on Bush's watch. But it was federal land. No one owns the rights to federal land. They lease that land from the government. Not sure how this judge came to the conclusion Hage had minerals rights also.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Now that guy should run for President, that's the kind of man we need to stand up for the people and our rights, as in the bill of rights and the Constitution.
Only thing is they would kill him off before he even made his first day as President.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Everyone in any office, of any government component, in the united States of America derives their power from the CONSENT of those they govern.

I am going to look for that sheriff that said if the federal government tried to enter his county to enforce anything without first talking with him, that he would arrest them. Here we go-Wyoming sheriffs put feds in their place

Bighorn County Sheriff Dave Mattis comments:

“If a sheriff doesn’t want the Feds in his county he has the constitutional right and power to keep them out, or ask them to leave, or retain them in custody.”

“I am reacting in response to the actions of federal employees who have attempted to deprive citizens of my county of their privacy, their liberty, and their property without regard to constitutional safeguards. I hope that more sheriffs all across America will join us in protecting their citizens from the illegal activities of the IRS, EPA, BATF, FBI, or any other federal agency that is operating outside the confines of constitutional law. Employees of the IRS and the EPA are no longer welcome in Bighorn County unless they intend to operate in conformance to constitutional law.”

Gotta love there are a few out there that understand that.

Thanks for the video OP.

This is the kind of thing we have to show to the people and get them to understand their rights.

The inalienable rights to Life, Liberty and Property.

BOO YAH!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I see you signed up recently, and I also see that you are still incredibly partisan. Bush wasn't a saint, Obama isn't a saint. This thread is clearly about neither Bush nor Obama.
This thread is about a sherriff standing up for his belief in the constitution. He clearly felt that the BLM was violating several amendments (4,5, and 10) and that they were trying to skip over process of law and take this mans cattle without waiting for the court's decision. Then they made threats, and the sherriff stood up to them. Unfortunately the cattle owner passed away, but finally a decision was made in his favor. Thats all.
Your politics are irrelevant here. NO ONE CARES!

[edit on 31-7-2010 by time91]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You keep stating that this happened under Reagan than Bush Sr as to imply it's a Republican thing... but it was resolved under Bush Jr. o.O So just what is your point? No one said anything about Obama, this was only to highlight the corruption in the federal government, that they have too much power and can use it to exploit and take advantage.

It's funny though, cause usually any federal agency would of just rolled, declared their intentions and then they would of sold the cattle to make a profit. But in this case they were stood up to by local law enforcement, that has got to be rare. And that's the problem isn't it, no one to protect the laymen from our own federal government if our local government thinks they should just bow to them. I think states should just start to break off and become countries because the govt doesn't support them, back them up or protect them. Like Arizona, they should start it off.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Sheriff DeMeo talks about the 4th & 5th amendments at 04:42/ :43... in the second video.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
so, i guess folks here think that any person or company who has an allotment to use federal public lands by permission of the federal government( me and you), now have property rights to the land...so, they can do whatever they want, clear cut it, strip mine it, use up all the natural resources... chew it up and spit it out... then hand it back over to us... and thats ok with everyone???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join