It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting dolphin Bubbles...must see this :)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I read a while back they were talking about making dolphins a sentient species due to their exceptionally high intelligence...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
go to about the 9:20 mark.. he talks about vortices and smoke rings

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-7-2010 by 8311-XHT]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As amazing as this video is to watch, it pains my soul to see them in captivity.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yeh great but i doubt they do this in the wild as they have better things to do with there time like hunt and do dolpin stuff! Any one who pays money to watch shows or swim with these poor beggers needs a round to the head, they are not here for our entertainment, kasikstan dancing bears spring to mind.

I cannot be arsed with grammer or spell checker i'm to tired.

P.S this has already been posted a few times

[edit on 30-7-2010 by windowlicker80]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Fantastic post, thank you for taking time to give us all something wonderful to celebrate today!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Awesome!

In regards to how smart Dolphins are, there is a formula called the encephalization quotient , which is a measure of brain-to-body mass ratio.

Brain-to-body weight ratio (also known as the encephalization quotient or EQ) is a rough estimate of the possible intelligence of an organism. It can be defined as the ratio of the actual brain weight to the expected brain weight of a typical animal that size, EQ=w(brain)/Ew(brain)

For example:

humans ratio is 7.44
Chimpanzee is 2.48

Dolphins actually have the second highest ratio at 5.31

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Spectacular find! Thank you for finding this very beautiful footage! S+F!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That's wonderful. It looks to me as if they are laughing and playing. To me it's obvious they have intelligence, just because we are not intelligent enough to understand their "language" does not mean they are not.

Thanks for sharing this, I felt wonderful inside when watching it.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
S+F

Great find. I've never seen anything like this before. I wonder how they do that? Dolphins are way more intelligent than we give them credit for.

2nd line. Also 20th post yay!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Dolphins whole lives consists of eating, playing and having sex.

And we think WE"RE the evolved ones?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzyhock
This is sad!

www.youtube.com... The pointless slaughter of the dolphins for what? according to the video the meat is so highly toxic with Mercury, it is unfit to eat.

Then they are feeding the tainted meat to school children? That's awful!
The fact the poor things have so much mercury in their bodies is tragic enough and sad commentary of our stewardship of this planet. I didn't watch the video because I've seen this sort of thing before and it sickens me since there's nothing I can do to stop it. If it refers specifically to what the Japanese are doing, they seem to think in this matter they are above world opinion and are determined to keep on doing this. They will poison their own children in the name of some sick tradition. Unfortunately it's not just Japan. There's enough blood on all of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Beautiful- Amazing! I'm blown away by the properties of these bubbles, defying the rising nature of air to sink for play... And created by just a simple 'snort' from their blowholes. Astounding!

But now I have to wonder; have these dolphins learned how to do this out of boredom, or is this a natural thing for them?

Where they're in a very protected, very safe environment, I wonder if their evolutionary learning processes are changed. Normally (As I understand it) they are very social playful creatures, but I can't see where they would have time to learn such a creative game.

They would be hunting for food, avoiding predators and migrating when in the wide open ocean, right? And um-- mating and all, too. I dunno- it's just that--

Well, not only does it blow my mind, but it gets it cranking too.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ArkayikRuination

Apparently, a dolphin's intelligence runs extremely deep. There was a story of a woman who was drowning who ended up being saved by a group of dolphins that kept her afloat in the ocean until help arrived.

I think this shows an extreme amount of intelligence. In fact, I would dare argue that a mammal that is willing to save something of a different species that is not of its own, displays more intelligence than our species which is known for killing each other in war, letting others die of starvation, and worse.
www.dolphins-world.com...

www.underwatertimes.com...

leonography.blogspot.com...

articles.orlandosentinel.com...

So, I would say that dolphins display remarkable intelligence beyond comprehension, not to mention the fact that they communicate by frequency/sonar. And I would take it one step further by adding that they are far superior to human intellect.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Thanks for Posting - Awesome Videos! They really are intellectual animals, and they also enjoy riding a wave. Check out these photos from Greg Huglin that he took in South Africa

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9d5ccfa97c3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/44341b3bd591.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7441c4dc61c5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f72158029039.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/777623736535.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9362e20ea2a9.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5af25ebb0cde.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c902540e0fa1.jpg[/atsimg]

I've actually seen Dolphins riding waves with surfers in South Africa on the east coast. Pretty Awesome

Source for photos: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I agree with you 100%. Maybe, just maybe some outside race will come down to do the same to us, and then we'll realize that to do this to other forms of species is completely wrong.

Its amazing that we do this not only to ourselves (prisons), but to other species as well, but, if it were to happen to us by some "alien civilization," we would perceive it as evil. Believe it or not, this very thing happened in Germany during the Hitler era, where they actually went to Africa and put blacks in Zoos for all the little Germans to gawk at. Insane.

We live in such a screwed up, pea brained little planet with the grossly mediocre making decisions for us all. 6.5 Billion people are controlled by roughly 2 million. What does that say about this civilization? Its destined to fall...and soon.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

www.ukapologetics.net...

www.liveleak.com...

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
DANG!!! I've read 3 pages of comments & I can't see the damn video!!!!!
Video & streaming content is blocked in my work place

Pictures are blocked

I can only read the text content...

Can anyone HELP me get past this !!! Websense is the evil tool me thinks

Pls.......

[edit on 30-7-2010 by letmeDANz]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm stumped.

Seems like the rings would rise to the surface as they are air.

How do they get them to go horizontally and even down when the laws of physics say the air should go up?

Where are the geniuses who can explain this to me?

Beautiful footage.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Can they make square bubble?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I wonder if it has something to do with their sonar abilities? Maybe they are able to emit some form of wave that directs the bubbles? I mean how else are they able to do this, it totally defies physics

[edit on 30-7-2010 by TortoiseKweek]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

Dolphins are 'Self-aware' meaning, unlike most of the animal kingdom, they are exactly of the same awareness of humans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join