It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My belief about this stone.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I found this Stone in the Carribean Ocean, in the Bahamas. I was swimming around with goggles on, and saw it beneath me in the sand, about 15 yards off the beach, and about 10 feet down. I was immediately amazed by it. I don't know why.
It had something small and shiny, (crystal-like) sticking in it, extremely small, but had fallen out when I had dropped it on a hard surface.
I have spent a lot of time looking at it, and swear there is writing on it. I don't really know what to make of it, but a small part of me believes its ancient, and possibly Atlantean.

What do you all think?

Back

Side

Front side

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Myendica]

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Myendica]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well it's a neat rock but I don't see any writing on it. Could you maybe put some paper over it and make a rubbing of the writing? That might help a bit.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I had done that before, I will look for them. I tried everything. Dust and tape, and rubbings. There seems to be a drawling and some writing. I will do my best to provide better images.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

It's weird --it looks like there is sort of a "rim" around the edge of it. Coming from the ocean, the rounded edges make sense to me, but I would have thought the "rim" would have been worn down more as well.

It's flatness is a bit odd too.

[edit on 29/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thats what I thought... It is extremely odd. The more I looked at it, the more I felt like I was going nuts. Saw things that may not be there. The edge looks like it too has symbols of some sort.

I had drawn a sketch of what the top looks like to me, looking at it in person, and it looked like a horse with a skull over it, and a sword going down the middle. I understand the image is hard to pick out detail...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Looks to have been shaped by human hands at some point in time.

Going to hazard a guess as Central American, taken by a Spanish conquistador at some point and lost at sea. Considering the flat nature of the item the currents could have brought it from anywhere around the Caribbean Sea. At least I would guess at that before I went to the Atlantean possibility.

What is it, who knows probably decorative based on your observations of a shiny stone or whatnot.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Can you place it directly on your scanner and scan both sides of it? Sometimes using a photo editing program you can play around with the shading and see things better. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I wish I hadn't dropped it because it had a whole different feal to it with the small crystal like stud in it. It was perfectly centered in the back towards the fatter side. You can see the chip, well maybe you can, in the back picture.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

It's weird --it looks like there is sort of a "rim" around the edge of it. Coming from the ocean, the rounded edges make sense to me, but I would have thought the "rim" would have been worn down more as well.

If it was buried and immobile for much of it's time underwater, that would explain the lack of wear.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
As mentioned, the rim around it is peculiar.

I used to make jewelry with slices of deer anter, that had a rim similar. Instead of being a rock, maybe it's deer antler that has been in the water a while?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Heres a Sketch of what I see, or atleast have once seen. It is hard looking at this stone. The colors play tricks and what you see slightly changes with light and angle.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Would deer antlar turn green turquois when in water? I don;t know what kind of rock it is even really. It weighs 4.1 grams, and is just under 1 and 1/2 inches. 3mm tall.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If you think one of the images is a horse, that would mean it is probably after the Spanish came then. A skull above it could symbolize the death the Spanish brought with them--both from disease and outright killing.
The Taino were an indigenous group in the Caribbean that were basically wiped out by the Spanish by the above ways....
I obviously don't know--just throwing out ideas.

edit: After looking at your sketch, the anchor really stood out. And is that an "M" and a "U"? Weird.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My first thought is that it might be a "Piece of Eight" - a coin from the sunken Spanish ships in that area. I had quiet a few of them from diving in Key West. It may be worn down by the water making it difficult to read. I also use to find some interesting chards of pottery from the ships, a lot of them were marked. Its always a thrill to find something interesting such as you have.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Like I said, I'm not doubting that after staring at it for so long, my eyes may have played tricks on me, but I believe, at least at one point there was an M and a U.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Honestly, I don't know what would happen to antler left in salt water for a long time. I do wonder how old this stone is that you found, as by the pictures, it almost looks petrified.

In the pics, when I view them, it looks almost gray to me. You describe it as turquoise in color. Do you mean turquoise like a stone, or a grayish green color? If the latter, that would be a patina.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

It seems rather light green, with a tint of blue. the shade of gray may have been the lighting, or maybe left over lead from various tries to decipher what has been inscripted. Or perceived to have been inscripted.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Forgot to leave this for you

Spanish dollar
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Spanish dollar (also known as the piece of eight, the real de a ocho or the eight-real coin) is a silver coin, worth eight reales, that was minted in the Spanish Empire after a Spanish currency reform in 1497. Its purpose was to correspond to the German thaler. It was the coin upon which the US dollar was based, and it remained legal tender in the United States until the Coinage Act of 1857 discontinued the practice. Because it was widely used in Europe, the Americas, and the Far East, it became the first world currency by the late 18th century. Many existing currencies, such as the Canadian dollar, United States dollar, and the Chinese yuan, as well as currencies in Latin America and the Philippine peso, were initially based on the Spanish dollar and other 8-reales coins

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Looks to me like an old amulet.

It is man made, perfectly formed shape and uniform in thickness, etc. I would like to see a close up of all facets to see what the OP sees on it.

Sitting in salt water for however long wouls have caused some build up on the surfaces.. so maybe it can be cleaned to reveal what is on it?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I really don't think its a piece of 8. 8 is more round, and silver, so probably heavier.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join