It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Bass on Human Psyche!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
hey SolarE

Base? Yes. I the guy who's standing in front of the speakers at a concert, and buzzing out on it. Since the last chat session, I've been playing dub really loudly and feeling great from it. It seems to excite the cells in my body, and when I leave the room the feeling of tingling remains for quite a while. Addicting as any drug. It gets rid of headaches and help healing. I love base. I do wonder what it does to sperm though. Can't be fun for the little guys.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
for anyone looking for a decnt bass line in a legal venue i suggest going to University Of Dub.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by outcrysoundsystem

Detroit is where techno began. House music originated in Chicago at the wareHOUSE, Garage Music from New Yorks Paradise GARAGE. Dance musics origins are from Gay Clubs in America. We in the UK embraced the sounds and the drugs, whereas in America the music was seen as being gay.

Here's a great documentary

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
here some dubstep

heres some drum and bass for you

ENJOY AND TURN IT UP!!!
IF YOU DONT HAVE A SUBWOOFER PLEASE BuY ONE!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
quite old but if you love bass, one of my favourite all time mixes is DJ EJ's Ejucation vol 17.

Its from about 2006 and its a bassline/ukg mix but from slightly before the scene became too commercial and watered down.

I downloaded it the other night because I lost the CD years ago, took me a while to find but is SO worth it.

Aside from that, the ukg scene seems to have gone more dubstep in the last few years, and the sounds are similar buts it's more trippy and less ravey than the bassline.

Theres DJ Q on BBC 1Xtra as well on a Wednesday night 1-4am UK time, this guy got me into ukg bout 4 years ago and he plays both. You can listen online from RoW.

Scouse house and wigan pier is pretty good. I produce the stuff myself because I LOVE the hi-resonance "donk", real chest bass, very energetic and ravey, but better thru a system and not headphones so you feel it.

Virgo vs Ironik - So Nice (Ejucation 17)

Papez - Me and You

[edit on 31-7-2010 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

When you mean a "DONK" I take it you mean this

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes that bouncing bass "donk" sound I love it!!

when I'm out, this stuff has me raving like this loony banana, its the way it has quite a mid-high frequency on top of the the usual low bass bands so hits the chest

Big more donk - Alex K - If You Were Mine - and this is a GREAT tune!!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

Cant say its really my scene, more of deep house man myself, but can appreciate all dance genres and I love the way House has morphed into so many sub genres that are unique. It's also interesting the way different locations of the country like different sounds.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join