It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Bass on Human Psyche!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
you could listen to some Binaural Beats. I believe this will have much more effect on you.

Aha! Thank you for remiding me about dem beats. I haven't listened to those for a while, since I just got headphones after a 3 month absence. Cool!

-Sol

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Originally posted by LightFantastic
I suppose that bass gives simulataneous sensations on more than one sense at a time, heightening the experience.

This.

I have a friend who knows a guy that is deaf. This deaf dude attends raves and such because even though he cannot hear, he can still "feel" the music. How cool is that?

-Sol

Similar also to the plot from the film 'It's all gone Pete Tong'

It's all gone Pete Tong

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I have also recently been attending dances in which they have some killer bass systems set up. When that bass hits my entire body..... phewwwww.

Have you heard any Funktion One sound systems?

www.funktion-one.com...

The infrabass tech they use will go down to below 20Hz, and by strapping a giant wooden horn on the front of the infra's they magically find another 6dB at 33Hz. Epic is the only word that comes close to doing them justice.

I've stood infront of the infra-horns on a number of occasions they do a 'thing' that I can't quite describe. It's like it's inside you, and it makes the hairs stand up on my whole body. You literally have a physical relationship with the sound.

The systems were designed 'holistically' by two guys... John Newsham (who convinced Michael Eavis to re-start Glastonbury in 1979) and Tony Andrews. No computers were involved in the development of the boxes (the angular tongues on the front of the boxes - the waveguides - were developed through listening and trial and error. They originally started off experimenting with rolling pins, believe it or not), and some claim alien tech comes into play (particularly the more drug damaged of the early free party crews).

In any case, if you get the chance, go listen to one, I'm convinced they do 'something else' that creates some kind of connection I've not experienced with any other PA.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I singned on to ATS about 6 months ago i troll almost everyday and now i can finaly add to the forum.
I have a 35 kilowatt soundsystem most of it being bass sectioned in to 3 different types of bass from different speakers with their own unique folded design (allowing long throwing bass) (SUB-bass/Mid bass and top bass) built specifically for Drum n Bass and Dubstep. when you say earth moving, trouser flapping and even brown noteing (which im too scared to try) is what its all about. I rarely rent the system out to nightclubs as mass sound limitation is in use constantly and my sound pressure levels are too much, prefering to stick the thousand of heuge wharehouses/hangars in and around london nearly every weekend. we do a linkup with about 10 or more soudsytems all linked up playing toghether, it gets rediculously load. as for the girls, ive seen too many riding up my bass speakers in a dirty manner, so i would have to disagree when people say women dont like it!!!!!!
as for the scientific value of bass please enlighten us as I have always belived there is more to be understood about it.
Edit:- Nice to hear some one knows about funktion one. we have used them many times, great sound very Hi-fi, and also you may find the X1 speakers (designed by rog mogale from Void accoustics) also start at 20hz giving untold, unidentafiable feeelings

[edit on 29-7-2010 by outcrysoundsystem]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Have'nt read all of the comments yet but anything Red Hot Chili Peppers rocks for bass lines as Flea is "Bassically" a genius!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by g146541]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LightFantastic

Weighing in on the female side, I do, in fact, hate bass (teh sound waves, never tried the beer.) I have it turned almost all the way down in my car and when I use my equalizer on my computer and devices I lessen the bass considerably.

I especially hate it when I am forced to deal with it, such as in traffic and someone close to me has their bass blasting so much MY car is shaking from it. There are really very few things in this world that can turn me into a violent, vindictive, bad, mean, and evil person like that. It completely disrupts my energy.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by outcrysoundsystem

I've listened to the Void stuff and it's pretty good, but it doesn't do what Funktion One does. It's hi-fi with big huge hairy balls of bass attached.

I'm sure you're probably aware of Trigger if you do warehouse parties? : )

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OK, well maybe I am more female than male under this circumstance. I literally have a negative reaction to Bass.

I personally like the sounds of flutes and strings. I even prefer female vocalists over male. All of my music arrangements are female voices.

If a car drives down the road a block or two away and you can hear the Bass (most times with a rattling trunk and other car parts) there is something wrong with that person. If I am driving and a car pulls up next to me with the Bass going off like a jack-hammer in my head I will put on my horn until they get the idea that I am really hurting and I hate their intrusion.

I could be listening to Satellite Radio under such music as "New Age" and "Mystic" and I constantly have to rush into the room and lower the volume when a piece comes on with too much Bass.

I do think the Youth of today will be deaf by tomorrow! Ehhh? LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I have found that the bass from a serious void rig takes the biscuit in comparison with funktion one (having heard many set-up) but its all down to the sound engineer at the end of the day, ive heard old 70s Matin audio soundsystems sound as good if not better than most of the new systems today, its all down to the engineer. as with bass bins the more you have ussually its mutiples of 4 the bass goes lower and lower so if it starts at 30-38 hz you have 12-16 bins you will get much lower notes.
I remember the mythbusters trying to achieve the brown note and a forum i use www.speakerplans.com/forum everyone was up in arms about how they conducted that experiment!!! not good enough mythbusters!!!!!!!
edit:- trigger the MC?? what rig is he with???
if its anythin to do with maniks/malfetuers lot or the scumtek lot defiantly 100%

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer84
Could this be anything to do with vibrations?

I read on ATS previously that your bodies frequency / vibrations are key when meditating?

My first thought - as soon as I saw the title of this thread, it made me think of the same burning question I've had for awhile - why music is so important to us - not as just a form of expression, but also the way it makes us feel mentally, physically, and physiologically.

AND, why certain songs (bass lines, melodies, chord progressions, etc..) affect people in different ways. The vibration 'theory' certain carries some weight here.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Two words:

PSY TRANCE:

An amazing blend of bass driven music accompanied by psychedelic mid-range melodies and sounds.

Perfect for those who love basslines and those who prefer something a little bit more delicate.

I prefer psytrance over dubstep, although dusbtep ain't too bad either.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Slightly off topic I suppose, but what sort of drivers do these massive bass units use? IE is there something like a couple of 18s in a ported enclosure or are they more exotic?

[edit on 29/7/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
YES THE BASS UNITS HAVE 2 18" DRIVERS in one box. oops sory about the caps.
the dsigns are getting more and more advance these days that even 2 12" drivers are being used in one box like the Labhorns and produce almost identical results. some people have even stopped using 18" drivers as the effiency you get from a 15" is just as good, ways less and takes less space. I could never do that sory too old school!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

What are the cones made of usually?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
PAPER, although i remember certian turbosound drivers using something like a carbon fibre type material. almost impossible to puncture but then you need it on a driver that 21" or 24" big!!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold

I have also recently been attending dances in which they have some killer bass systems set up. When that bass hits my entire body..... phewwwww.

Have you heard any Funktion One sound systems?

www.funktion-one.com...

The infrabass tech they use will go down to below 20Hz, and by strapping a giant wooden horn on the front of the infra's they magically find another 6dB at 33Hz. Epic is the only word that comes close to doing them justice.

I've stood infront of the infra-horns on a number of occasions they do a 'thing' that I can't quite describe. It's like it's inside you, and it makes the hairs stand up on my whole body. You literally have a physical relationship with the sound.

The systems were designed 'holistically' by two guys... John Newsham (who convinced Michael Eavis to re-start Glastonbury in 1979) and Tony Andrews. No computers were involved in the development of the boxes (the angular tongues on the front of the boxes - the waveguides - were developed through listening and trial and error. They originally started off experimenting with rolling pins, believe it or not), and some claim alien tech comes into play (particularly the more drug damaged of the early free party crews).

In any case, if you get the chance, go listen to one, I'm convinced they do 'something else' that creates some kind of connection I've not experienced with any other PA.

The Funktion one is an amazing system, I once met the 2 guys who designed it at a Music technology exhibition. 2 kind of hippy dudes. The Funktion one has become almost industry standard for many dance clubs in the UK. It sounds best in small dark clubs like Plastic People in London. You cant help but move your body as it moves you.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
put these through ya headphones, this is where so much dance music originates! yes its all from the the uk, early 90's. the golden era of partying.. they dont make'm like that no more; )

what ya think-

urban shakedown - some justice-- www.youtube.com...

origin unknown- valley of shadows-- www.youtube.com...

SMD2-- www.youtube.com...

here's another classic old skool tune- lennie D- we are i E--www.youtube.com...

sl2- wayin my brain-- www.youtube.com...

SL2 - DJs Take Control-- www.youtube.com...

bass rocks

rock ya socks off

its all about breakin into warehouses, lazers and sound systems!; )

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHOS READY
put these through ya headphones, this is where so much dance music originates! yes its all from the the uk, early 90's. the golden era of partying.. they dont make'm like that no more; )

what ya think-

urban shakedown - some justice-- www.youtube.com...

origin unknown- valley of shadows-- www.youtube.com...

SMD2-- www.youtube.com...

here's another classic old skool tune- lennie D- we are i E--www.youtube.com...

sl2- wayin my brain-- www.youtube.com...

SL2 - DJs Take Control-- www.youtube.com...

bass rocks

rock ya socks off

its all about breakin into warehouses, lazers and sound systems!; )

[edit on 11:11 by WHOS READY]

BIG IN THE GAME

"its all about breakin into warehouses, lazers and sound systems!; )"

im glad someone uderstands what i do!!!!
as for valley of the shadows and we are iii what tunes man!!!!
would they ever do something like that in america. 2 days ago there was a program about all the abandon buildings and wharehouses in Detroit. if that was in london the parties would never stop it would be all week and the weekend long!!!!
but then i doubt americans would understand the whole free party movement but please someone prove me wrong!!!
and i dont mean little parties either!!

IF anyone would like to experince what it would be like to be living in what would be descibed as the aftermath of the end of world i suggest goin to a party and staying there till around lunchtime.
you have to experience it to understand.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This should get you in a good mood if you like bass

Dubstep

Electro/House

Trance

Enjoy!

EDIT: I suggest you find the high quality versions of these tracks and give em a listen, its worth it

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Falken]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

so glad somebody has some love for the old skool on here!

big up your chest.

here's to the legal warehouse parties- www.youtube.com...

RIP The Sanctuary

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join