It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Effects of Bass on Human Psyche!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This should be a fun thread.

I just today purchased a new pair of headphones. I have been ear/headphoneless for a long time, so it was a nice feeling to have again.

These specific headphones are damn good at delivering pure bass straight into my brain. I'm listening with the headphones right now and I am loving it. It makes my spine tingle and puts me in a good mood. It really does feel like the cells within my body are enjoying it.

I have also recently been attending dances in which they have some killer bass systems set up. When that bass hits my entire body..... phewwwww.

Overall, I am basically addicted to bass. I know there has got to be some science behind bass, and it would be great if you can contribute to this thread.

Also, feel free to share some bass heavy music recommendations!

-Sol

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Where I come from, "Bass" is a brand of beer.
So your headline led me to expect a completely different approach.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I suppose that bass gives simulataneous sensations on more than one sense at a time, heightening the experience. Bass heavy dubstep is popular at the moment in the UK.

Interestingly I have noticed that males love bass but females don't. That generally goes for Bass beer as well.

You might want to listen to Addicted To Bass by Puretone, Born Slippy by Underworld and Eastern Jam by Chase & Status. Also check out End Credits by Chase & Status - its drum and bass but a very good song as well.

[edit on 29/7/2010 by LightFantastic]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Could this be anything to do with vibrations?

I read on ATS previously that your bodies frequency / vibrations are key when meditating?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I am replying to your OP as I wanted to make a suggestion.

Perhaps instead of listening to bass through the headphones in order to experiment with your psyche you could listen to some Binaural Beats I believe this will have much more effect on you.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I think it is very subjective but I too wasted way too much money on good headphones so I could enjoy a good bass. I've let many people test them and some can't even detect any difference between mine and those little phones you get for free in aeroplane.

If music is really that good then I almost max out the volume to the point where neighbours can hear it but that rarely happens. Last time I had such good music was from Wolf's Rain anime, it caused some reactions in me I didn't even know I had. Some sounds literally put me in trance. I'm still on the look for well recorded chorus', religious chantings etc. it takes fairly high end equipment to make it only close to reality...

But still I only devote few hours a week to this "sonic bliss".

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Try death metal. You might like it.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
let him enjoy a more hip-hop beat or something ligthyer then death metal.
metals are too acoustic for bass seeking people.
its a great thread! i just decided to turn my bass on 6 and waw i really enjoy the beating,evne though clarity of music is decreased

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If you're into bass heavy music, dubstep is really the way to go.

Though to really enjoy it you would have to go to a party where they have the proper sound systems that make your entire body vibrate, it's actually more of a physical music experience than anything else.
Listening to it at home is not really the same.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Everyone needs more bass.

I like them fillet and roled and battered in corn meal, fried, served with fries, slaw, and hush puppies....maybe some hot sauce. Yummy....

Truth be told, I am a flounder man....

But Bass is good.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There's this one club where I live, nation, which hosts this event Cream (logo is in my pic) which is only on 3 times a year. It has an absolutely amazing speaker system, you can hear the bass from many streets away. As soon as you walk in the bass just takes over your body, the floor actually shakes due to the vibrations, probably not the safest of things though tbh

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
score another one for synchronicity. i was JUST thinking about this last night. how bass might affect me since i love listening to bass-heavy music. so cool!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
when i was a teenager i used to go to the club sin manhattan, sit on a speaker and just FEEL IT all night

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite bass lines should sound phat on your new headphones.

Dubstep is a progression of this type of track which would have been termed UK Garage. init

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Most Mega-Bass Systems don't go very deep. They just make the frequencies about 150 hz very loud, i hate it. Good speakers and Headphones can go down to 20-30hz. But 20hz is more a feel then a hear.

And for sure we are made of sounds - superstrings vibes to a quarks, quarks makes atoms...and so on.

And please don't try to listen 20 or 30 hz with an mp3 128kbit or youtube - it's a shame for you ears and maybe for you headphone.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
Try death metal. You might like it.

Exactly. Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth all have earthshaking levels of bass.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
as a sometimes sound technician what can I say...
24,000 watts to the bass bins in a small bar so that the beer bottles walk across the tables and the screws vibrate loose from the hardware three floors up..
priceless.

PS did I mention that girls like to dance and bass, beat, and vox or rap, are what seems to inspire them to do that?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
As soon as you walk in the bass just takes over your body, the floor actually shakes due to the vibrations, probably not the safest of things though tbh

The base in Cream makes me physically sick
Too old for it now anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightFantastic
I suppose that bass gives simulataneous sensations on more than one sense at a time, heightening the experience.

This.

I have a friend who knows a guy that is deaf. This deaf dude attends raves and such because even though he cannot hear, he can still "feel" the music. How cool is that?

-Sol

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzo
sit on a speaker and just FEEL IT all night

K, supposedly that's actually not good. Sometimes if I'm standing too close to the speaker at a dance, I can feel my heart start to act up a little bit...

Enjoy your bass responsibly!

-Sol

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join