It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declaration of Independence 2010 VERSION

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
www.ushistory.org...

If ever there was a time when a new Declaration of Independence was necessary, THIS IS IT.
Looking at the original Declaration of Independence, it becomes OBVIOUS to all but the ignorant or corrupt, that most of the conditions which necessitated the Declaration, are PRESENT TODAY.

Let's look at the original:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Certainly, a LONG TRAIN OF ABUSES and USURPATIONS have taken place by Washington. The Constitution has been ignored, twisted, and spat upon by those in power. Rights given to the state have been usurped by the Corrupt Federal Establishment. Replace the King of Great Britain with the Presidents of the US recently, and the Tyranny is clear.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

Of course, the Corrupt "Justice" Dept. and Judicial System, in the ruling today, have forbidden the Governor of Arizona the right to secure her border, and protect her legal citizens.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their Public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

This, of course, is EXACTLY what was done with the "Health Care Bill", holding representatives behind closed doors, until they passed the bill.

In addition, nearly 50% of the people, represented by Republicans, were left out of the Health Care Bill's construction, as Republicans were LITERALLY LOCKED OUT OF THE ROOM where the bill was being written.

In addition, the bill of approximately 2,700 pages wasn't even read by the vast majority of those who voted on it. Even if they wanted to read it, there was not enough time, as the vote on the bill was rushed through.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected, whereby the Legislative Powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

Judges are not appointed based upon fairness and adherence to the Constitution, but upon the amount pf money they contributed to the political parties in power, and upon their partisanship and adherence to the political party of the person appointing the judges.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Each administration has increased the number of FEDERAL departments, which control an ever-increasing array of control, which should be RESERVED to the STATES.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

In addition, recent Presidents have sent armies into battle and war, WITHOUT the approval of Congress.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

The United Nations is the jurisdiction FOREIGN to our constitution. We should not ANSWER TO the UN for ANYTHING.

For quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

The assignment of troops in the US has been discussed in numerous threads here, and need not be elaborated upon.

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

How many of the crooks that destroyed billions of dollars of US citizens' savings have been tried and are in JAIL?
You all know the answer.

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

Every administration has imposed trade embargoes upon nations not "favored.

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

How many of us got to VOTE for the IRS? ZERO.

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

The Patriot Act comes to mind....

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences: For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

Most of the administrations of the last 60 years have altered our form of government, by Presidential Executive Orders, with no consent of the people.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

In town meeting after town meeting, and in emails, letters and calls to our Representatives, we were clear that the VAST MAJORITY of Americans DO NOT WANT the Health Care Bill that they passed. Our input was IGNORED!

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. — And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

It is now UP TO YOU, the American citizenry, to DECIDE how the last paragraph will be played out.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus
[mo

The document speaks for itself. Imagine this. Obama gives a speech (using a telepromptor, as usual) to a group of third graders regarding the Declaration of Independence. What might he say? Based on his philosophy, past statements, and actions, I beleive he would say that the declaration is a living, breathing document that needs to be updated from time to time and interpreted by "scholars."
In short, he'd bastardize it just like he did the constitution. It's time those of us that pay for everything, that built this country, that have a stake in this country take it back from the illegal aliens, welfare baby mamas, marxists, coalitions of muslims who wish us dead, but in the mean time will settle for using a corrupt government to force a mosque at ground zero down our throats.
The fifty percent who pay no taxes whatsoever are firmly in control of our laws, policies and tax code. So what would happen if we simply quit cooperating? What would happen if I instruct my payroll company to quit docking everyones check? And so did you, and so did everyone? And we communicated, then let the federal gummint know that until each and every one of them faced a recall election, one in which only those who paid taxes or owned property voted, as stated in the constitution prior to it's bastardization process (anything past the second ammendment). Would they arrest all 100 million of us? They probably wouldn't. You see, if they did, then they would be admitting that detaining 10-20 million illegals would be no challenge to them. It's called macro-civil disobedience.
The problem is, to few have the courage of their convictions. They complain, but do nothing. The good news is that the revolution was successful, despite about only twenty percent of the citizens being involved. Could we get twenty percent? Don't know. But it's a thought.
Imagine the change in governmental philosophy, once there was an understanding that we simply wouldn't put up with anymore of this BS. I have a dream. A dream that man isn't judged by the size of his bank account, but by his work ethic and integrity. Or perhaps not judged at all, until such time as he meets his maker. Who the hell is Obama to judge anyway? A dream that baby mama's loose their children to an orphanage until they get a job. A dream that the illegal in front of me in the market last week gets that food stamp card snatched right out of his back pocket, and in it's place, a ride to mexico on an old school bus, where he can get a job and pay us back. But most of all, a dream that since none of those people pay taxes. they no longer have a say in who runs this country. We may be created equal, but if your such a parasite that you're spending my money, you simply haven't carried your weight, are no longer equal, and have no say in the matter.
Freedom truly is worth suffering for. If you don't beleive it, think of your children, their children and all subsequent generations being born into servitude, or slavehood. No free will, no choosing your own path, just standing in line for toilet paper, as this nation is already beyond bankruptcy, having shipped it's wealth overseas.
No individual sovereignty, no free thought or expression, just a couple of years in Obama's civilian security force, helping to make sure their neighbors are equally miserable (a bill that requires this was introduced on july 15).
If people had the courage to do so, what could the federal government do about it? Nothing. Not a damn thing, other than to comply and stand down.
Who ever thought our government would use the power of police to extort half of our wealth, then give it to foreign nations and banks, divying up the rest to abject failures who follow paris hilton and lady gaga on twitter all day, for the purpose of buying votes and maintaining the modern day equivilant of the Third Reich.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by astrogolf]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
very well put together but what is your solution to this

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Look dude, Bush is been gone for almost 2 years so relax. We have a new president now. And last I checked, all your letters opposing the Health care bill didn't outnumber the ones written in favor of it. That's why it got passed.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony Massey

very well put together but what is your solution to this

Let me answer your question, with a question. What did our Founding Fathers do?
I think the post is fairly clear.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Rather than your INCORRECT guess on the level of support, let me post FACTS:

58% Favor Repeal of Health Care Bill

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Please post only facts regarding numbers, not your wishes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

"all your letters opposing the Health care bill didn't outnumber the ones written in favor of it. That's why it got passed."

I'm trying to be respectful, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Do you own a television? These guys were cancelling public appearances for fear of their own lives. They were well aware that 73 percent of the American public did not want this bill passed. However, you'd fit right in with the Obama marketing team because you make stuff up. Even more amazingly, if I understand you correctly, is that you are of the beleif that congressmen have their staffs count how many letters they get, then decide how to vote.
These guys don't care what anyone thinks about a given issue. They now vote an ideaology, based on (in the case of democrats) marxist, or as you know them "progressive" principles of wealth redistribution, which is essentially the mechanism by which someone like me pays for the healthcare of someone like you.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

It's time those of us that pay for everything, that built this country, that have a stake in this country take it back

I believe the ones that built this country are all dead now, and the ones that pay for everything are the poor. So the country needs to be taken back by the poor dead people?

from the illegal aliens, welfare baby mamas, marxists, coalitions of muslims who wish us dead,

...you forgot the blacks. Don't forget the blacks. What kind of racist would forget the blacks? Sheeesh!

corupt government to force a mosque at ground zero down our throats.

That "force down your throat" thing has been waaaaaay over used. May I suggest, "force you to suck on it", or maybe, "force you to swallow it all down"?

The fifty percent who pay no taxes whatsoever are firmly in control of our laws, policies and tax code.

Oh really? So the poor (the ones who pay for everything) are really the ones running the show? Wow! I wonder why it is that they are not getting ahead in the world. I say use the powers to get rich. Oh but wait, that has already been done, and now the poor are rich. That means that all the rich people in the country are really poor people. Genius! They sure had me fooled.

every one of them faced a recall election, one in which only those who paid taxes or owned property voted, as stated in the constitution prior to it's bastardization process

So your idea is that just tax payers and property owners would be the only ones who can vote? Why not just shortcut that idea to just wealthy slave owners can vote?
Yea! Screw that Constitution thing. Who needs it. Let's just bastardize it the way you want to bastardize it, not the way the founding fathers bastardized it.

They complain, but do nothing.

(whistling while looking around) Naw, I shouldn't touch that one........Well OK!
Look who is talking big boy. Get your butt out there and do something. Quit your yapping and tapping and get to your civil disobedience. Show us something, big talk!

Imagine the change in governmental philosophy, once there was an understanding that we simply wouldn't put up with anymore of this BS.

Imagine the change in your attitude once there was an understanding the law simply doesn't put up with anymore of your BS.

I have a dream. A dream that man isn't judged by the size of his bank account,

Like you do when you wouldn't want non-property owners to vote? Sniff, sniff. Is something burning?

Who the hell is Obama to judge anyway?

He is a successful lawyer who went to Harvard, and became president of the United States. Who the hell are you to judge him? Some deranged person who hangs out on conspiracy boards, maybe?

A dream that baby mama's loose their children to an orphanage until they get a job.

Should that baby go to a tax payer funded orphanage? That shouldn't cost us very much, right? Survey says.....XXX

A dream that the illegal if front of me in the market last week gets that food stamp card

Did you check their papers? How do you know the were actually here illegally? You didn't have to because they were brown and spoke Spanish? Oh, OK.

We may be created equal, but

(Insert some grievance of the day here) ...and now you...

are no longer equal, and have no say in the matter.

Awesome rant dude. That was a crazy, zany ride. I am glad I was tall enough for that! Whew! Let's go again!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Boston Tea Party:

The Tax on tea in 1773 was used to subsidize the East India Tea Company. Putting others out of business to support a failing business. Our taxes are being used to support a failing class of the economy. By their own means and those beyond their control. 45 tons of tea were dumped into Boston Harbor. It's time to dump 45 tons of politicians into the drink.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
What was the percent of people that began the first Revolution?

Now we have a congress that has an 11% approval rating. For those out there that toe the totalitarian line, they have something to gain from their acquiescence to their masters. They have crumbs to collect at the feet of their oppressors.

I am with you prof as I bet 50 Million others are. The ones that do not have a spot at the government teat. The ones that do not want to be controlled by the marxists in both parties.

War is peace.
Poverty is wealth.
Slavery is freedom.
This is is the mantra of those that believe in the statism mantra of totalitarian control. The government now controls what 70% of the economy through the banks, healthcare, auto industry, the government itself. There is no way a world let alone a country can sustain that UNLESS the people become absolute slaves to the state.

My version of your thread-A little discussion about Revolution and the Declaration of Independance

A snippet of said thread-

They have abandoned the Constitutional rule of law-

• The congress has written and are writing legislation that supersedes and abrogates the Constitution
• They have instituted agencies that are unconstitutional in nature
• They have courts that regularly write new law by decree alone
• The executive branch regularly writes legislation and decrees
• The executive branch writes unconstitutional law
• They have instituted statutes that willfully and surreptitiously evade the true meaning of the Constitution

They have created a standing army that the likes of which, mankind has never seen-

• This army which is supposed to be for the protection of the US, in fact has become a global police force for the main purpose of enforcing EMPIRE
• This army has become so all encompassing of the world, that its very existence has eliminated our very sovereignty as a nation and the sovereignty of other nations
• This standing army was never meant to exist in the Constitutional mandate of the United States of America
• This army could be considered the control apparatus extension, of an elite class of people, to institute the very tyranny that our forefathers warned us of

They have by manipulation of courts and legislation, allowed a hegemony of elite people and organizations to be above the law

• They have instituted laws and procedures that they themselves do not have to follow
• They have turned blind eyes toward corruption in their very ranks
• They have allowed usurpation of rights and duties that they themselves are required to maintain
• They have willfully neglected to enforce laws, that would have negated the very tyranny that is rampant in this day and age

I think it is high time we just throw them ALL out.

Did you hear about the mayor of Bell, California? I think that was name of the town. The people heard he was making $800k a year, so they were ready to lynch him so he retired. With a $600k/year retirement package.

Yep, it is time to throw them all out from president to city council, WITH NO RETIREMENT FOR ANY OF THEM. PERIOD!

They should just be lucky they do not get a view of the bottom of a street light.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Would you like a little cheese with this whine..
. What in the hell is the matter with you ATS'ers lately....too much b!tching and moaning going on lately and mostly by the conservatives......are these are the kind of people that ran the USA for eights years.....WOW.

So basically you want to change everything about your country to fit your views.....good luck...that will never happen..
...most Americans are actually intelligent and not anything like you or a lot of the conservatives.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

More talk of a revolution that will never come...ugh
. Maybe if you got off of your asses and did something about it rather than talk about it...people would take you seriously.

I know for a fact your revolution if started would be pretty quick....you woould all be wiped off the earth...and they would show no mercy.....because they want to put fear in those that may get the same idea later on. I`m all for the governement wiping you idiots off the earth...you all want to change the world and make it your own, you do not care what the majority want..only what the few want.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh boy...another "Obama is President...we need a revolution" thread.

I could go into all your "points" and counter them...but why? It's pointless..this is just all fear mongering and quite honestly craziness.

So have fun with your revolution...the rest of us will continue living in reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by endisnighe

More talk of a revolution that will never come...ugh
. Maybe if you got off of your asses and did something about it rather than talk about it...people would take you seriously.

I know for a fact your revolution if started would be pretty quick....you woould all be wiped off the earth...and they would show no mercy.....because they want to put fear in those that may get the same idea later on. I`m all for the governement wiping you idiots off the earth...you all want to change the world and make it your own, you do not care what the majority want..only what the few want.

To scare you into submission. Oh wait they don't have to scare you, you're already like a beaten dog, whimpering and pissing on the floor when your master raises his voice. Run along pup.
Oh an IF they started a revolution and IF the US attempted to wipe out it's own population... ahhh nevermind, you're too thick in the head to understand.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So in this thread we already have two calls for assassinations of politicians and one reference to Nazis.

They should just be lucky they do not get a view of the bottom of a street light.

It's time to dump 45 tons of politicians into the drink

the modern day equivilant of the Third Reich

Don't you guys know a different tune?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

Actually I am pretty sure the majority of americans would support the government...they would definitely not want some uneducated rednecks..trying to dictate how thier country is run.

By the way nice insulting there...you get five stars for effort...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yeah, twisting words and their meaning to further your agenda, huh?

Getting to be quite a ventriloquist aren't you?

edit to add, I am sure we will get the same totalitarian sycophants on this thread bringing the racist card up forgetting that DUR messiah is doing the exact same things as Bush.

Hey, did not know you people liked Bush so much?

DUR.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by brutalsun

Actually I am pretty sure the majority of americans would support the government...they would definitely not want some uneducated rednecks..trying to dictate how thier country is run.

Oops forgot the republicans got Bush elected..my bad...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

Even more amazingly, if I understand you correctly, is that you are of the beleif that congressmen have their staffs count how many letters they get, then decide how to vote.

No, that is prof's assertion that "the real American people" didn't want the Health Care Bill "rammed down their throats", but it was passed anyway. He must think either they count letters and vote accordingly, or that a few letters opposing it was enough to scrap the whole idea.

And while our elected leaders were "canceling public appearances for fear of their own lives" from nutbags showing up with guns, others were begging them to pass something that would end our enslavement to the Insurance cartels. And that 73% is such a crock of $h!t. So is that stupid Rasmussen poll. They are always 10 to 20 points of any other poll in favor of right wing agendas.

which is essentially the mechanism by which someone like me pays for the healthcare of someone like you.

Wrong again, I got me a sweet Blue Cross plan, with my own money, that I worked for.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join