It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus, Caesar, Cleopatra & Ancient Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Please help me find this documentary

Okay I remember watching one of those conspiracy documentaries about the hidden mysteries of Egypt and how Jesus was actually the child of Cleopatra and Caesar etc..

In the documentary it talks about the hidden religion of the Pharaohs (which was an interesting mix of Christianity and Egyptian lore as well as talking about certain blood-lines etc following them from the distant past to our current times.

I've searched high and low and haven't been able to find the dang video again; it was very interesting information regardless of it's validity.. I was hoping to find it again and go over the details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think it may also have had some information about the Pharaohs being black... I cannot recall

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

Cleopatra and Caesar:

In 48 B.C. Julius Caesar arrived in Egypt and met a 22-year old Cleopatra -- rolled in a carpet. An affair followed, leading to the birth of a son, Caesarion. Caesar and Cleopatra left Alexandria for Rome in 45 B.C. A year later Caesar was assassinated.

I have not seen this documentary you speak of. I never understood how everyone tries to debunk Jesus's existence and then still tie Jesus to a bloodline.

It is quite fascinating.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's true that Jesus was an Egyptian Jew, but I don't think his pedigree is that exalted. There is some indication in the Gospels and the Apocryphal texts that he was more than just an ordinary carpenter's son or boat maker, but his exact lineage is a little unclear, and perhaps modified after the fact to make his claim to kingship more valid.

Either way, he had a curious relationship with the upper crust of society while at the same time rubbing elbows with society's dregs.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
It's true that Jesus was an Egyptian Jew,

Where do you get this information?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

I'm not interested in saying it's true or not true, or that Jesus existed or didn't exist, I just thought it was very interesting material, .. a historical theory.

I was thinking it might have been a video by Amenstop Productions but I can't recall and none of the ones I can find look like it..

It seems history is such a haphazard account with all of these historical theories abound.

I've read extensively on Jesus from many different cultures and points of view... I remember seeing the video and thinking .. "Wow, that's new" .. or rather it had never occurred to me before. I enjoy philosophizing with friends and cannot recall enough of the material to make a coherent argument.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think it's called the secret rulers of the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by monobrow

hmmm isn't that the one with David Icke ?

The particular video I'm talking about didn't have any well known conspiracy theorists.. Arg sometimes i hate my memory lol

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I have not seen this documentary you speak of. I never understood how everyone tries to debunk Jesus's existence and then still tie Jesus to a bloodline.

It is quite fascinating.

Not nearly as fascinating as the number of people who put blind faith in the idea of someone for which there is zero evidence of his existence from the time period during which he was supposed to exist. Which isn't to say it's impossible he existed, but still. But it's a crazy world ... somebody oughtta sell tickets. Heck, I'd buy one.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
@ pure energy

No it's made by amenstop production's.
If you go on youtube it's part 10 if it's one your thinking of.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by monobrow]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think I may know where you heard that, I think that it was The Ring of Power, that was where I heard that for the first time. I wish I could tell you what part but the documentary is very long.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey, P.E.

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Please help me find this documentary

Okay I remember watching one of those conspiracy documentaries about the hidden mysteries of Egypt and how Jesus was actually the child of Cleopatra and Caesar etc..

Browse through some of the posts in Conspiracies in Religion (use the search function and look for "Caesar/Cesar") -- it's been discussed there, and debunked there.

I have a very poor opinion of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think it may also have had some information about the Pharaohs being black... I cannot recall

That's something known as "Afrocentrism."

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well debunked is a point of view I consider it a case still open and here is why.

reluctant-messenger.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think what you're referring to is a documentary called "Ring of Power"
It can be found online for free.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Blue Shift
It's true that Jesus was an Egyptian Jew,

Where do you get this information?

Well, Matthew 2:14-15 pretty much says that after Joseph and Mary had gone to Bethlehem and Jesus was born, it was necessary for them to return to Egypt to avoid Herod. This was a round-about way of getting the Jesus story to fit with the Hosea prophecy, where the Lord says, "Out of Egypt, I called my Son." But it makes just as much sense to interpret it that Joseph and Mary came from Egypt, where they lived, and brought Jesus with them unborn. Or that Joseph and Mary, being Egyptians, had brought forth the Son.

The Angel sends them back to Egypt rather than someplace else to avoid Harod because that's where they were from in the first place.

There are a couple of apocryphal Infancy Gospels that also document Jesus's time in Egypt, and hint that may be where he gained his esoteric knowledge in sorcery and necromancy. Alexandria, probably.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There was an HBO series called Rome. Could that be where you saw the 'documentary' in question?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Rome was great by it on DVD it's fascinating,they allude to this in the show it's part of the plot

a quick search brought me these things ,I don't by that Jesus was Caesar , his brother, or his son ,but I love conspiracy theories

so the following videos represent variants on the Jesus was a Roman /Egyptian royal

Jesus was Caesar here's link to the general outline of the theory

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yep , it was called " ring of power " think it was part two or three , not sure .

Although interesting , they didn't present any checkable facts to base that argument .

Alot of there presentation was based on word similarities that are only present in the English language , if I remember correctly .

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
Yep , it was called " ring of power " think it was part two or three , not sure .

Although interesting , they didn't present any checkable facts to base that argument .

Alot of there presentation was based on word similarities that are only present in the English language , if I remember correctly .

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Max_TO]

haha yeah ,I read few things about this a a year or two ago and really I could never make sense of these claims

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

The video that you are looking for is called 'The Ring of Power' and is on YouTube. I think that there is about nineteen parts to it.

It's fascinating.

As I am new (and dumb) I haven't embedded it.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Thanks for the answer.

If Jesus was Ceaser, how could there be both men historically accounted for at the same time? There can't be. so it has to be rubbish.

I don't care how many similarities you find, the fact that both men existed at the same time and is documented to have led very different lives, makes it plainly untrue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join