It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for a "left wing Congress" ends in shootout in Oakland (UPDATE)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

couldn't agree more with your points here. Perhaps it's just because I'm only half-white but why is it that it seems the conservatives on ATS only harp about racism and race-baiting in defense of white guys. I'll be the first to say that there are still problems with race, both in the US and here in the UK, big ones, but really, come on. I'd respect these guys a lot more if they came out against something racist that a conservative white guy did once in a while too.

First of all, being from the UK, you don't understand the PC culture here in the US. There is a never ending drum beat about how racist white people are here. I've never heard the end of it since I was a kid. There are PLENTY of people pointing the finger at white guys. In fact, the mass media here has spent the last 2 years labeling anyone who protests Obama a racist. So, I'm not really sure what the hell you're talking about.

Secondly, I could say the same thing about black, brown or any "minority" bringing attention to racism against whites. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. In fact, the media DOES NOT report on discrimination or racism against whites. its like it doesn't exists. Now someone is finally bringing attention to it and we have ill informed Brits and left wingers calling it racist.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Attention Please...

The discussion of Staff Actions is not the topic of this thread.

We have a Complaint Button

Thank you

Semper

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Maybe you should wait till all the info is out on the nutbag.

You know, kinda how New York Mayor was trying to blame the tea party folk for the bomb.

Or how a swastika and damage at a democrat center was done by a democrat.

There are more if you would like me to post them.

So, anyone covering anything on the marxists is off limits, huh?

So tell me, should we shut down all media, or just the ones you do not like? Seems to me the rhetoric coming from the marxist while Bush was in office makes the stuff you post pointing at others look tame.

Have we got a movie yet on the assasination of Obama? Bush had one.

Have we got a video of Obama being hung in effigy? Bush had one.

Nice try 12 guage marxist. The marxists in both parties are being called out. You are either a marxist or an American. Cannot be both.

How bout the marxists leave us alone? How bout the marxists leave the world alone? How bout the marxist controlled banks quit their devaluation of currency.

A TRUE marxist loves the way the world is going. They love war, they love strife, they love slavery, as long as their Mao, Stalin, Chavez, Castro, Bush, Obama has the power.

Played LIKE A FIDDLE!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
Have we got a movie yet on the assasination of Obama? Bush had one.

Yes: Lynchburg man finishes Obama assassination plot movie

It took 5 years for President Bush to get an assassination movie...took President Obama less than 2.

Have we got a video of Obama being hung in effigy? Bush had one.

Yes, yes we do.

Just before the '08 election

January of this year

March of this year in a classroom

Obama also has a lot more threats: Barack Obama faces 30 death threats a day, stretching US Secret Service

Edit: Double quote.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by links234]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Actually, that's old bullocks. Obama doesn't get any more threats than Bush did. Its also funny that nobody cared about threats toward Bush. Even though it was so utterly common at anti-Bush protests.

www.politico.com...

Secret Service: Threat level against Obama no greater than under Bush, Clinton

Bit of a bombshell at this morning's Homeland Security Committee hearing:

U.S. Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan dismissed published reports that the level of death threats against President Obama are four times greater than typical threat levels against recent presidents — claiming the current volume of threats is comparable to that under George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

"It's not [a] 400 percent [increase]," Sullivan said during a heated exchange with Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.), who suggested the service needed additional agents to protect the first African-American president.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
War and violence is indeed being encouraged, most prominantly by those promoting laws and legal concepts intended to increasingly allow outsiders to help themselves to the funds and resources that those that earned them thought would be available for their own families. At the point when one realizes that their own survival is imperiled by institutionalized theft and they have on expectation of survival either way, they convert to violence as a response.
In any respect the person being arrested, why is what he said being taken at face value, Here, on a conspiracy site, where he blabs to everyone what his evil plans are, almost like he was intending to get caught and make a statement intended to implicate those that have no part of his ideology?
Theft is the real prelude to murder

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
I couldn't agree more with your points here. Perhaps it's just because I'm only half-white but why is it that it seems the conservatives on ATS only harp about racism and race-baiting in defense of white guys. I'll be the first to say that there are still problems with race, both in the US and here in the UK, big ones, but really, come on. I'd respect these guys a lot more if they came out against something racist that a conservative white guy did once in a while too.

I believe that this stems from the reverse-racism that occurs every day in almost every news outlet in the country. You are racist if you dont support Obamas policies, you are racist if you didnt vote for him, you are racist if you believe that the New Black Panthers should have been criminally prosecuted for the voter intimidation, you are racist if you believe that SEIU is not benevolent. You are racist if you believe the NAACP no longer embodies the ideals it used to, you are racist etc etc.

This attitude that has become the modus operandi of the liberals (progressives), has tainted those of us that are not of that mindset to point out the reverse every chance we can. I will not stand by while a white man beats a black man because of his skin color, however, I will also not stand by and watch a black man beat a white man because of his skin color.

Those of us that want exactly what is due us according to the founding fathers know that it is this "equal OPPORTUNITY under the law." Not equality of wealth, status, property, or any other measure of success. We are tired of the one way assault on the principles in which we believe, and as a result we are starting to fight back more vociferously.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I see Dymo and the labeling crowd are still at it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Dear Leader may indeed get taken out at some point , but *NEWSFLASH* it will be by the LEFT when he's outlived his usefulness in magnifying antiamerican sentiment. He's an expendable outsider to them in many ways, a figurehead playing step and fetchit for those that far far outplay him, he's not a motive force and his pathetic race based rabid following will go berserk quite reliably on schedule to attack hated white christian culture when he's outlived his usefulness to his masters and the cull can begin in earnest.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
i have always thought beck and co were trying to make things like this happen after all its things like this that will bring on gun seizures and eventually martial law in the U.S i think the Arizona immigration thing is the same your all being played.

This is the most spot on post in the thread. It's so easy to make people do what you want, and to play them from both sides. And people rise to the bait every single time. If it wasn't so desperately embarrassing, it would be funny. Ol' Daniel knows what he's talking about.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

couldn't agree more with your points here. Perhaps it's just because I'm only half-white but why is it that it seems the conservatives on ATS only harp about racism and race-baiting in defense of white guys. I'll be the first to say that there are still problems with race, both in the US and here in the UK, big ones, but really, come on. I'd respect these guys a lot more if they came out against something racist that a conservative white guy did once in a while too.

First of all, being from the UK, you don't understand the PC culture here in the US. There is a never ending drum beat about how racist white people are here. I've never heard the end of it since I was a kid. There are PLENTY of people pointing the finger at white guys. In fact, the mass media here has spent the last 2 years labeling anyone who protests Obama a racist. So, I'm not really sure what the hell you're talking about.

Secondly, I could say the same thing about black, brown or any "minority" bringing attention to racism against whites. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN. In fact, the media DOES NOT report on discrimination or racism against whites. its like it doesn't exists. Now someone is finally bringing attention to it and we have ill informed Brits and left wingers calling it racist.

Settle down there mate. First of all, I understand the "PC culture" in the US quite well. I went to college and graduate school in Wisconsin, I am married to a Californian and I'm in the United States for my job, journalism, many times a year. The media that you harp about constantly telling your precious white race that they are racist are people I go have drinks with when I'm there, and take a guess what we talk about, the news! So yes, I have an understanding, probably a broader and more nuanced one than most average Americans do.

The reason you have been told since you were a kid that the worst racism has been committed in America by whites against other races is because that is in fact what happened in your country's history. White people, particularly Protestant white males, have historically held the majority of power in your nation, as such they are to be taken to task for things such as slavery, the genocide of Native Americans, the exploitation of immigrants (particularly in the 1800s) and the violent opposition to the Civil Rights Movement.

The reason you have been told that these are horrible things, is because they in fact are.

Now I am English and Chinese by ethnic heritage and as history will show, both of those nations did absolutely disturbingly racist actions too, just as bad as anything that WASP America has. So my people are not at all blameless either but that does not mean that any of these things should be forgotten or glossed over because it's convenient for us.

As for the instances of other racial groups being racist against whites, absolutely, this too happens, and the media does in fact report on it, look for it. The difference between a member of the New Black Panther Party standing outside of a polling place yelling racial hatred while holding a billy club and a member of the KKK killing a black man for voting is massive! The issue here is the severity of the actions undertaken in the name of racism. In the United States, whites are still treated better than other races in terms of wages, hiring, police treatment and many many other things.

Call me crazy, but I really don't see why the race that holds almost all of the power in the United States really needs an "advocate" like Mr. Beck when they control almost all of the country.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2KJMan

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
I couldn't agree more with your points here. Perhaps it's just because I'm only half-white but why is it that it seems the conservatives on ATS only harp about racism and race-baiting in defense of white guys. I'll be the first to say that there are still problems with race, both in the US and here in the UK, big ones, but really, come on. I'd respect these guys a lot more if they came out against something racist that a conservative white guy did once in a while too.

I believe that this stems from the reverse-racism that occurs every day in almost every news outlet in the country. You are racist if you dont support Obamas policies, you are racist if you didnt vote for him, you are racist if you believe that the New Black Panthers should have been criminally prosecuted for the voter intimidation, you are racist if you believe that SEIU is not benevolent. You are racist if you believe the NAACP no longer embodies the ideals it used to, you are racist etc etc.

This attitude that has become the modus operandi of the liberals (progressives), has tainted those of us that are not of that mindset to point out the reverse every chance we can. I will not stand by while a white man beats a black man because of his skin color, however, I will also not stand by and watch a black man beat a white man because of his skin color.

Those of us that want exactly what is due us according to the founding fathers know that it is this "equal OPPORTUNITY under the law." Not equality of wealth, status, property, or any other measure of success. We are tired of the one way assault on the principles in which we believe, and as a result we are starting to fight back more vociferously.

If you want equal opportunity under the law, and you truly do believe in fighting for the rights of all, then you should be up in arms about the inequalities within the justice system.

As for us in the media, we here in London aren't calling anyone racist for simply not agreeing with the Obama Administration. You have BBC America, watch the news coverage on that sometime. I'll warn you it's a lot more boring than Mr. Beck's show because we don't editorialize every single thing. We're informative not theatrical in our news services. Drama is a different department.

However those of us in the news business are very good at asking questions, so if I may:

Why do you believe that liberal/progressive ideas are so inherently dangerous, and what basis do you have for the distrust of the organizations you mentioned beyond what Mr. Beck has said on his show?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Mostly because liberal ideas have no correlae in nature and dont work, EVER, without spending first resources accumulated in some manner from capitalism,
Liberal ideas are based purely upon finding mommies purse or daddies wallet and assuming finders keepers and keep doing so forever.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

Mostly because liberal ideas have no correlae in nature and dont work, EVER, without spending first resources accumulated in some manner from capitalism,
Liberal ideas are based purely upon finding mommies purse or daddies wallet and assuming finders keepers and keep doing so forever.

Well that's a great little talking point full of name calling but you're premises are actually false. You are equating American liberalism with communism, which is simply untrue. I think you've been drinking Mr. Beck's kool-aid a little too heavily there mate.

Here, take a read of Marx's Manifesto of the Communist Party (linked below,)

Manifesto of the Communist Party

and then take a look at President Obama's political history, (linked below,) you will in fact see that he is a capitalist, and therefore according to your own post, working to generate income.

President Obama On Wikipedia

I don't even have to get into President Clinton's record breaking budget surplus, or how no conservative (modern definition) president since well before the Great Depression has ever had good economic policy.

Research is your friend, mindless parroting of political buzzwords is not!

[edit on 28-7-2010 by ProjectJimmy]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wish I could articulate exactly what I want to say here, but it's really hard for me to even articulate it in my mind. All I know is that the people saying the people on Fox News do not advocate violence or call for things like this to happen may well be correct in that assertion but we all know that they don't have to SAY it. The rhetoric they use is extremely aggressive. They basically leave it up to the viewer to connect the dots.

They essentially say A is B and B means C so C deserves D so that means that D should happen to A. The problem is Glen Beck may have said "A is B" and O'Reilley said "B means C" and some other show said "C deserves D" and Fox viewers watch all three shows and connects the dot in their own mind. When something like this happens, Glen Beck says, "Hey man, all I did was say A is B."

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What a nutter! Dear leader is like all marxist leaders a capitalist for himself and a different standard for the proles. Hypocrites, the lot.
NONE of the leaders lived with the proles, preferring to appropriate palaces and resources for their 'service" and most were not OF the common folk. Just political Amway is all, for the stupid masses yearning to get something for nothing. multilevel marketing pure and exploitatively simple.
NO Natural correlate for marxism exists in nature, Paint it any way you want, you do NOT want to be a bee or ant in a hive, where it's produce endlessly and die.
You cant disprove that nature is capitalist, were each organism makes the best deal for it's self. Capitalism is the very mechanism of darwinism, which I assume you cant allow yourself to accept either, rushing in to force the able to sacrifice all for the perpetuation of the defective.
Well played sir!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I totally understand what you are saying. Whites are racist against others for no reason other than they aren't white. The other races are racist against whites for the actions whites have taken against them. One is justified, the other is not.

It is like the new calls of sexism against feminists. Feminism is the result of millennia of oppression. The oppression had no justification other than men thought women were inferior.

It all reminds me of a White Stripes song where Jack White says "you burnt down my house then got mad at my reaction". That is exactly what is going on here.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
I wish I could articulate exactly what I want to say here, but it's really hard for me to even articulate it in my mind. All I know is that the people saying the people on Fox News do not advocate violence or call for things like this to happen may well be correct in that assertion but we all know that they don't have to SAY it. The rhetoric they use is extremely aggressive. They basically leave it up to the viewer to connect the dots.

They essentially say A is B and B means C so C deserves D so that means that D should happen to A. The problem is Glen Beck may have said "A is B" and O'Reilley said "B means C" and some other show said "C deserves D" and Fox viewers watch all three shows and connects the dot in their own mind. When something like this happens, Glen Beck says, "Hey man, all I did was say A is B."

That was remarkably well said, I don't think I could put it better myself. I will say for Mr. Beck that he in fact actually says that violence is not the answer, but usually adds the addendum "yet." O'Reilley I don't think is actually a bad person, he is in fact a good editorialist, not one that I agree with regularly, but he is more reasonable than Mr. Beck or Sean Hannity to be sure. O'Reilly regularly chastises Mr. Beck on The Factor for his most outrageous comments too.

The major problem I have with all of them is the "fair & balanced" marketing phrase that is used for Fox News, if they just admit their bias, I'd have far less of a problem with the network as a whole.

Your A through D analogy though I do believe holds true, in a micro view the message is simple and straightforward but when put all together in a macro view, then the message becomes far more disturbing.

I am going to say though, I do not believe even Fox News Channel as a whole is trying to incite violence. Their agenda it seems to me falls more along the lines of influencing voters and helping the Republican Party than advocating for any kind of revolution. That's an A to E jump that is taken by some, and it is just some, of their viewers. There are people out there who are very angry, and do not see their vote as counting because it is just canceled out by some "progressive" out there, so they feel stuck, unable to bring about the change they want to see in America because they are in the minority.

It is in these very disenfranchised-feeling persons though that I thing FNC's message becomes dangerous. The "common sense" approach taken by FNC coupled with their "fair & balanced" slogan and the fact that they do deliberately bring on weaker liberals whom cannot properly articulate their arguments or stand up to verbal abuse creates an air where it appears the FNC/RNC party line is beyond refute.

Mr. Beck makes it appear on his show that any sane person would have to agree with his view on the current state of American affairs and his view of history. Reality and reason stop at the doors of FNC's studios, and they instead sell their viewers on a powerful narrative, of almost mythological proportions.

In the wrong hands this narrative becomes a call to violence, especially in people already predisposed to such feelings.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

I find it funny how you infer that the calls of racism against whites is unfounded. The problem is not only complete and utter racism but the racism that hides beneath the surface.

This Fourth of July I was trying to dumb down a history lesson for my four-year-old niece who inquired about why we celebrate the Fourth. I began by saying this mean country came and tried to make us do things we didn't want to. You wanna know what her next question was?

"Was the mean country black? Did they speak Spanish?" WORD FOR WORD. My heart sank. I don't think anyone was out and out being racist in front of her. My guess is that her dad, who is a Fox news lover, anti-illega alien anything and talks about blacks in a less than positive way in "casual" conversation. This four-year-old put two and two together and equated meanness with being Black or speaking Spanish (I can imagine she heard something like "we speak English in this country, not Spanish").

This is why we still have undertones of racism in this country. Not because of out and out racism but because of things that are inferred. It's why my friend upon seeing a group of Indian's passing by our hot spring tub to go to another couldn't help but say "you want some dark meat?" to his dog. He saw nothing racist about this. And I don't doubt in his mind he really didn't.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

When I use examples of specific shows I'm essentially trying to illustrate how it's Fox News that puts together the line up that leads to the A deserves D mindset. I don't think Beck or even O'Reilley would realize this. It's the head hanchos who ultimately add the ingredients, let them each individually add their own personal flavor to the recipe, then stir the pot and dish it out to the viewers who digest it while telling them if they don't eat it, then they are anti-american/communist/socialists/marxist/terrorist loving/lazy/harbingers of the death of America as we know it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join