It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for a "left wing Congress" ends in shootout in Oakland (UPDATE)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is a fine line Hudson, between reporting a story once, with a reasonable perspective and hammering it in for hours with extremist perspective.

You clearly don't see or are not trying to understand what people have a problem with here. And you seem to continually cherry pick proportionately much rarer (mentioned five times for a total of 13 minutes vs mentioned 200 times for a total of 8 hours types of examples) and comparatively skewed (apples to oranges) stories with hich to attempt to make your point?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Argue the FACTS. Or dispute the ones presented. Otherwise shut up about MSNBC and the rest. The OP shows they did not cover Tides.

Do you not see that you're arguing that the media not cover certain topic to cover for certain people? You're actually accusing Beck of inciting violence by covering topics the left wing MSM ignores for political reasons? REALLY?

NO ONE on the stations you mention is encouraging, advocating, or inciting violence in the way it can be argued FoxNews is.

Bull. We've had several violent acts in the last year, all from left wingers.

It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter's speech to be cancelled this week.

It was a liberal who bit the finger off a man who disagreed with him on healthcare.

It was Obama-loving Amy Bishop who took a gun to work and murdered co-workers.

Joseph Stack flew his plane into the IRS building after writing an anti-conservative manifesto.

It was liberals who destroyed AM radio towers outside of Seattle.

It's liberals who burn down Hummer dealerships.

It was progressive SEIU union thugs who beat a black conservative man who spoke his mind.

It's doubtful that a conservative fired shots into a GOP campaign headquarters.

In fact, Democrats have no monopoly on having their offices vandalized.

Don't forget it was Obama's friend Bill Ayers who used terrorism as a tool for political change. SDS is still radical, with arrests in 2007 and the storming of the CATO Institute in July 2008.

It was a liberal who was sentenced to two years for bringing bombs and riot shields to the Republican National Convention in 2008

It was a liberal who threatened to kill a government informant who infiltrated her Austin-based group that planned to bomb the RNC.

It was liberals who assaulted police in Berkeley.

It was liberals who intimidated and threw rocks through the windows of researchers.

The two Black Panthers who stood outside polls intimidating people with nightsticks were probably not right-wingers.

Every time the G20 gets together, it's not conservatives who destroy property and cause chaos.

The left wing media continues to demonzie anyone who protests this president as terrorists or racists. How in the world can you describe that as anything other than inciting hatred and violence? Fox reports a story you don't like and suddenly its inciting violence. You're ridiculo

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There is a fine line Hudson, between reporting a story once, with a reasonable perspective and hammering it in for hours with extremist perspective.

You mean like accusing all of Obama's critics of being hate filled racists for the last 2 years from MSNBC, NBC, CNN, CBS, ABC and the print media?

It seems to me "extremest perspective" is just what you're saying to avoid facts or the truth. Do you not realize that you're basically running cover for a democrat controlled government and media?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Hudson]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Glenn Beck:
* "To the day I die, I am going to be a progressive hunter."

* "[Y]ou will have to shoot me in the forehead before you take away my gun" and "before I acquiesce and be silent."

* "This game is for keeps"; "[Y]ou can shoot me in the head ... but there will be 10 others that line up."

Naw, nothing violent in any of that. And if we are going to "win in the area of ideas", I guess you can count the GOP out.

Are you slow or something? Can you not see hes talking about violent threats to him from crazy left wingers? How in the world could you read that as incitement to violence? How is reporting news that the MSM ignores for politcal reasons, incitement to violence?

Looks to me like you're just helping the government to shut up a thorn in their side. Arent you proud?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Where did I say they should NOT cover something?

I constantly ask you to respond to a single, simple question, and you constantly avoid it and bombard us with tons of off topic crap. I stated in the other topic, "war on GB and Fox" that I simply cannot keep up with your scattershot approach, so I'm not going to trouble you any longer.

I've come to the conclusion that you purposely come into threads to distract, divert, and deflect, putting words in people's mouths and then arguing based on words no one said, taking us off topic, and never really responding to a specific, direct question.

[edit on 7/27/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
If we were lucky Pelosi may have been home.

Yep. We are always lucky when the LousyPig is home, not in Washington.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Glenn Beck's list of people he wants to club to death with a shovel:

www.dailykos.com...

Beck talked about "put[ting] poison" in Pelosi's wine. On the August 6, 2009, edition of this Fox News show, Beck stated:

BECK: So, Speaker Pelosi, I just wanted to -- you gonna drink your wine? Are you blind? Do those eyes not work? There you -- I want you to drink it now. Drink it. Drink it. Drink it.

I really just wanted to thank you for having me over here to wine country. You know, to be invited, I thought I had to be a major Democratic donor or a longtime friend of yours, which I'm not.

By the way, I put poison in your -- no, I -- I look forward to all the policy discussions that we're supposed to have -- you know, on health care, energy reform, and the economy.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Pssst! Hudson! It's different when you are a Liberal. There's a reason why Journalism is a Liberal Arts Degree. Nice post.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Nice post in what way?

In that he missed the entire point of the thread because he becomes rabid doglike when he sees the names Glen Beck or FoxNews? That kind of nice post?

Sorry 12gauge...carry on. Us liberals
clearly don't get it

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
big surprise a mentally disturbed fox news watching far right redneck has decided to shoot up some politicians. people are too caught up in petty things to realize both wings are attached to the same ugly bird.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

How can you not see that I'm discrediting your assertions with reality? You want people to be scared of Beck, when its the left wing media inciting and getting violence. Yet, you have no interest in bringing attention to that. Plus the fact all your info seems to come from fringe left wing sites.

You're not doing anything here, other than advancing a Democrat tactic of diverting attention away from 9% unemployment and a horrible economy. Nothing you've posted here bears any resemblance to the real world. If you were really concerned, this thread would be about the nightly race mongering that transpires on NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS and CNN.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hudson

How can you not see that I'm discrediting your assertions with reality?

Reality?

Originally posted by Hudson
Bull. We've had several violent acts in the last year, all from left wingers.

It was not the fear of conservative violence that caused Ann Coulter's speech to be cancelled this week.

Any list that starts out with is not based in realreality.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Seriously, what is the fascination with racism among the right now days. No matter what he topic, someone spouts off about the evil media and its race mongering. It really seems like an attempt to derail topics.

Topic: peanut butter sandwiches are good.
right winger: You always cover peanut butter sandwiches and ignore the major media race mongering. Rabble, rabble!

There is no question that Glen Beck is pushing the limits of free speech. That even perhaps is crossing the line at times. In a more conservative time in this country such a show would have been yanked from the air. Unfortunately, as common decency has been replaced by insanity, such shows that have little real substance and are designed to increase viewer-ship by taking every subject to ridiculous extremes for sensationalism are becoming common place.

Beck could easily have a show discussing the problems with this country and why we should vote for changes instead of claiming that the current government is going to destroy this country and turn us all into god hating Marxists with the only way to freedom is by revolution, no violence wink, and buying gold. Yet, that wouldn't bring in the cash and increase the book sales.

Which at the end of the day, it's all about money. If there was more money in being an extreme liberal show host, he probably would be there.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
and it is so sad how many people fall for this tactic. If you are still falling for the Left vs Right nonsense, your gonna lose,

Every single username here knows that... what you are seeing by this thread is a coordinated execution of this tactic

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Seriously, what is the fascination with racism among the right now days. No matter what he topic, someone spouts off about the evil media and its race mongering. It really seems like an attempt to derail topics.

Some of you guys make me feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Are you seriously denying that the media hasn't been accusing anything and everyone of being racist if they protest Obama? I could fill 10 pages with clips and articles if you REALLY want to play games.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

This thread is a coordinated attempt to show that there are crazies in the world (regardless of party affiliation) who will react violently to inflammatory rhetoric from the media. There is a responsibility our media has to be mindful of these types of people who can take a call for violence, or revolution literally. There is also a price for using these tactics to gin up violence. Fox, Beck Limbaugh and others know all too well exactly what they are doing. Then they sit back and go,"Who?..wha?....me?....Naw! I was just saying"

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

Yet, all the violence comes from the left (as I showed above). Why isn't your thread about them? There are a lot more left wing fear mongers out there inciting violence than Beck and Limbaugh.

Not that I agree Limbaugh or Beck are inciting violence. Limbaugh is constantly saying "beat them in the area of ideas" and Beck is always reminding his viewers that a peaceful revolution is the only way. He warns his audience everyday that the left wants them to commit violence, so that people like you spring in to action and support government censorship.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Topic: peanut butter sandwiches are good.
right winger: You always cover peanut butter sandwiches and ignore the major media race mongering. Rabble, rabble!

There is no question that Glen Beck is pushing the limits of free speech. That even perhaps is crossing the line at times. In a more conservative time in this country such a show would have been yanked from the air. Unfortunately, as common decency has been replaced by insanity, such shows that have little real substance and are designed to increase viewer-ship by taking every subject to ridiculous extremes for sensationalism are becoming common place.

Beck could easily have a show discussing the problems with this country and why we should vote for changes instead of claiming that the current government is going to destroy this country and turn us all into god hating Marxists with the only way to freedom is by revolution, no violence wink, and buying gold. Yet, that wouldn't bring in the cash and increase the book sales.

Which at the end of the day, it's all about money. If there was more money in being an extreme liberal show host, he probably would be there.

I couldn't agree more with your points here. Perhaps it's just because I'm only half-white but why is it that it seems the conservatives on ATS only harp about racism and race-baiting in defense of white guys. I'll be the first to say that there are still problems with race, both in the US and here in the UK, big ones, but really, come on. I'd respect these guys a lot more if they came out against something racist that a conservative white guy did once in a while too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join