It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I helped out an old lady and now Nazi's are after me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You did a good thing and it sounds like the lady knows what her husband and son are like. Dented pride and fanatic tendancies are never a good thing, but try not to be offended by them being offended by your good deed.
Be a bit pickier about good deeds in future, or ask permission first and save yourself the hot water.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is it safe?

*I assume anyone over 30 will get that*

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Han Fei Zi was an acnicent Chinese philosopher of the "legalist" school, which has been condemned by most of history for its extremely harsh, realpolitk-like take on things. However, his work continues to be read even after millenia because, like Machiavelli, he demonstrated a strong understanding of the seamier side of human behavior.

One of his cardinal rules was that people's behavior and their words should always tally, or their would be trouble. For example, if a person says he will do something and does less than he said, he will be punished. If he does more than he said he would, even if it is ultimately of great benefit, he will still end up being punished. The key, according to this person, is to do exactly what you say you will, no more and no less.

I take this advice with a grain of salt, but the OP's post is an example of how even doing something that benefits others will get you in trouble if its not what's expected or not cleared verbally first.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What real estate companies like to do in my city is let the grass grow until the city is forced to mow it. It's cheaper for them to pay the fine then it would be to pay someone to mow it every week.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Echo007]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yep Emily-got it! LOL (harrowing scene.....)

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Man, I tell ya...

If it's not neo-nazi mental patients, it's some kind of outback Nazi law enforcement agency*.

TheAssoc.

*To quote Hunter S Thompson

[edit on 28-7-2010 by TheAssociate]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join