It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I helped out an old lady and now Nazi's are after me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have all sorts of problems just getting from point a to point b here in the middle of phoenix az. I'm in a" culturally dense "area. sort of crippled up and broke -about all i do for excitement is a short bike ride to get a beer..i poke around the thrift store and pass by the park .
I have a societal adventure every time. I'm usually better of to not make eye contact with anybody, dont say anything to anybody. If not -all bets are off.
the most common pile to not step in is people that threaten and punch their kids.
but i do- and it always goes badly.. can't help myself.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975 My question is how did you know they were neonazis? Or is that just an insult because they through golf balls in your yard because you were trespassing?

Granted I do not have first hand knowledge of their Nazi status. What I have is hearsay based on the conversations about town involving what would be the womans husband and son. They are reportedly aggressively proud of some Hitler memorabilia they own and have less than tolerant views of their fellow man.

Of course I didnt know any of this until I went out to find out what was wrong with them and how concerned I should be of long term harassment and potential violent retaliation for mowing their lawn.

Until now Ive had no interaction with the son other than hearing him yelling about nonsense and my only interaction with the supposed father had been smiling and waving as I pass by. The wife who is apparently active in her church has had several conversations with me as a neighbor and as my office with the town. She has also crossed over into what would be 'my yard' to talk to us. Something like comfortable trespass.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I don't know, if your neighbors let the lawn go again, check with the local laws in your area. I know in the neighborhood I was living in, there were rules that specified if your lawn got to a certain height, that the village would send somebody to cut it at the owners expense, along with some hefty fines. Instead of being nice, now that you know how they are, get even!

I thought the UK was a police state full of busy-bodies who'd report you to the Gestapo if you did not conform, but that takes the biscuit.

Shopping somebody in to the authorities because they don't match your aesthetic ideals of modern living...

Be careful what you wish for. Obey, consume, conform.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Where, oh where, are the icons for sarcasm??

Some people just don't get it~

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
the issue here is not whether or not he went against their wish's, for had that been a problem the lady would have mentioned it when she thanked him.

the issue here is that they think they can turn his half of the plot into a driving range.

furthermore, i think if that's the case then they should expect no less than their half becoming a shooting range.

either can kill a person. both are sports.

edit:: oh look heres one.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
[edit on 27-7-2010 by c g henderson]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I mowed a yard for a disabled woman last week.

On my riding mower, the turn radius was such that I cut a path over her neighbors grass while turning around.

The neighbor bitched out the disabled lady, her husband about the mishap, complaining that now her lawn looks like ship.

I remarked that since I had cut some of the grass on the wrong side of the imaginary line separating the ownership of the grass between the neighbor and the disabled lady, that I would take the brunt of the verbal abuse. After all I was in fact the one who abused the property rights of the neighbor in several ways: 1. rode lawn mower on her property without her permission. 2. cut some or her grass again without her permission. 3. fled the scene
4. cut the neighbor grass one inch shorter than it was to begin with.

As recompense for this multifaceted infraction I deposited uric acid on the affected portion of the lawn of the neighbor, in an honest effort to stimulate rapid grass growth.

My suggestion is you should do the same.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
A couple of weeks ago, I was working 7 days a week and my lawn was growing faster than I could keep up with. My neighbor across the street decided he would help us out and mow and weedwhack our lawn for us. My wife and I came home from work on a sunday night and, in the dark, thought the lawn looked trimmed and the next morning I went across the street and inquired to the neighbor if he saw who mowed our lawn. He said that he and "Tom", our other neighbor, saw that we were working a LOT lately and decided to do a neighborly thing and mow our lawn for us.

I said "Thank you" and bought them a 12 pack of their favorite brew.

We were all happy and all remain good neighbors.

These are the people in your neighborhood. You're SUPPOSED to look out for them. They're SUPPOSED to look out for you.

The world works BETTER this way and anyone who thinks it doesn't is a nut.

Cuhail

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I don't know man, I would of stopped cutting his grass for him and called the township on his neglect.
Especially if he didn't thank me.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Lonely old and aging neo-lunatics need love too.
He's probably just upset that you went over and didn't say hi.
He's craving attention and most likely he just wants someone to chit chat with.

I'm sure he would be tickled pink to know that you started a thread about him. I bet if you told him about all the people from all over the nation, and the world, that have responded due to his actions he would be pleasantly surprised. Old timers need to feel like they are important and that people are paying attention to them.

You should share some of these comments with him. He may have a grumpy facade but I bet on the inside he will be extremely touched.
He'll love to brag about this over the coming months/years.

As for the golf balls, clean them up and sort them out.
Then go to the USPS / post office (whatever it's called now) and grab one of those small, all purpose, shipping boxes.
It's the perfect size for 100 golf balls, box them up and sell them on eBay.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
My backyard is a jungle except for the grass which is mowed. I love the vines, flowers (even the wild ones) trees and shrubs. Its a natural beauty that only some can appreciate and it makes my backyard more private. Now if someone came into my yard without asking and got rid of my jungle I would be furious. Its called trespassing! I know you were trying to be helpful but please always ask first. Remember that people especially seniors or sensitive to their surroundings. Ya can't come in and rearrange my furniture either, I like the way it is, lol. There are many ways to help people - volunteer with an organization that will let you know who needs and wants help and what kind. Now if you want to paint the inside of my house this fall that would great!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well this story makes me sad.

The neighbors are old, and trust me it is hard for old people to keep up with things if there are any kind of medical problems.

You wanted to make yourself feel good, so you decided to take it upon yourself to satisfy that personal urge to feel good about yourself and you mowed the grass.

Yet instead of eternal thanks, and a constant reminder of the Good, you got golf balls lobbed, and now you are confused, wondering what you did wrong.

I see you calling these elderly folks derogatory names and being over all upset and resentful in your attitude towards them now. Now the neighbor man is a collector of Hitler stuff.

This tells me I am indeed correct in your intentions, and they were to make yourself feel good, and now that the reaction you received is not what you expected, you react quite predictably, with childish anger and derogatory name calling.

If this was a true act of kindness, it would have been announced first, with a little plate of cookies or fruit, and a short visit, to show you are respecdtable.

Elderly are often the victims of scams, and to have out of the blue a young man/woman just show up with a lawn mower and mow could have frightened them. Maybe the gentleman is ill with dementia or not, maybe she came out after finally recognizing you, and because a lot of elderly folks were raised different (particularly women) she thanked you and went back in, not wanting to confront you.

Maybe she spoke with her husband who was offended you did not ask first, maybe they felt it was a lack of manners.

Maybe the gold balls are their form of retaliatory rudeness.

Who knows?

But it is never too late to visit them and try and smooth things over.

Why speculate, when you can investigate?

Go over with a small gift, apologize, and ask if yall can visit for a spell. And then keep visiting, semi regularly. I would hate to see things escalate because they are just a couple of old people, and really, how scary is it for old people in todays society any more? I am only 40 I have no idea what life will be like when I am old!!

Sometimes an examination of self motives can be a useful meditation and do wonders for ones outlook.

Good luck with your neighbor situation, and there is some nice advice in your thread.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

it looks stupid to say the least. and to be honest if i were your neighbor and you came outside and through a fit that i was doing a job you had been neglecting, id personally give you a few REAL problems to gripe over. you are clearly a person who cannot differentiate between a real problem and something that is not even in the same ballpark as a "problem" but borderline blessing.

I'd love for you to tresspass on my property and give me "real problems" when I express my disapproval.

You and the OP should just mind your own business, or ask first.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Ive only referred to the hostile individuals with derogatory names. Names which by numerous accounts about town are founded and adequate.

I didnt stop to announce my intentions for a host of reasons. Perhaps in hindsight it was foolish. I had already mowed much of the connecting area, the mower isnt most reliable and if I had stopped it it may not have started again, I had mowed that lawn for months before they moved in, I worried if I had asked permission they would have suspected a scam or extortion and refused the help, etc...

I thought if I just did it it would be done and that'd be the end of it.

Maybe all valid reasons maybe all invalid. Still those were some of my reasons at the time. I just kept mowing until I was done.

When she came out to thank me I felt I had made the right choice.

I dont need anyone to make me "feel" better. I just dont want anyone hurling stones at my house.

If they are indeed crazy asking them for permission would have incited the same harassing treatment and going over there now to apologize would only embolden the psychotic behavior.

I'll wait until I happen to see the wife about town and talk to her. Of the three she is the least insane. Unless her politeness and appreciation is all an act.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Kudos on the good deed. I often help a couple of neighbors out with my snowblower in the winter when I am already out clearing my own property. I've only had one neighbor thank me with fresh baked cookies though. The others probably never even notice. However, no one has lobbed golf balls or snow balls at me yet!

What does the Landlord have to say about this? Afterall, it would seem that the yard upkeep is ultimately his responsibility anyway. Whether it is you cutting the grass or a hired lawn service your neighbor really doesn't have a leg to stand on regarding who cuts his grass.

Your wacko neighbor probably feels like you were invading his privacy. Just get him evicted based on a lease violation and see if he feels any different about your simple deed then.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well being someone who does night-shift work I've grown to hate lawn mowers are you sure it's the same people throwing golf balls because on several occasions I've had to fight the urge to get up and hit someone although I know that's wrong off course and would calm down before I actually did it.

Could really have been anyone who was annoyed by the noise

Really you should have confronted whoever threw the balls though at least you would have the answer and yeah you really are better of not doing anyone favours at least until you have permission to.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Naw he needs something wider than a baseball bat. Maybe paddle of some sort. He needs to get those golf balls back to them in force!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by LurkerMan

it looks stupid to say the least. and to be honest if i were your neighbor and you came outside and through a fit that i was doing a job you had been neglecting, id personally give you a few REAL problems to gripe over. you are clearly a person who cannot differentiate between a real problem and something that is not even in the same ballpark as a "problem" but borderline blessing.

I'd love for you to tresspass on my property and give me "real problems" when I express my disapproval.

You and the OP should just mind your own business, or ask first.

wow hey thanks for the productive post. i really am sorry that you felt so threatened by what i said, to the point of actually clicking "Post reply" and typing all that out.

i guess its a good thing we are not neighbors. you'd likely have a stroke before rents due.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
With folks like this there's no pleasing em.

I too have a crazy neighbor, and when I used to mow my lawn short (I worked alot, and was only able to get at it once every couple weeks) my crazy neighbor would yell and complain. When I hired someone else to mow my lawns the next summer, he damn near physically assaulted (not an exaggeration) the poor guy for "crossing the line".
In the end...I just decided that a shaggy lawn was less unpleasant than dealing with psycho-alchy-disabled-panama-invasion guy. (Did i mention he keeps a headstone in his front yard with a running tally of the war dead? His right to do so? Yes. Tacky? Yes. Could do the same without it looking white trash? Yes.)

As for your conundrum: If you want to return the Karma back to their court, work out an agreement with your landlord that you will do all the yardwork on the properties, therefore it will no longer be trespassing, and if they don't like it their only recourse would be to move out!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Speaking of helping neighbors....

My nextdoor neighbor (who is only a fews years younger than I and fully capable of physical labor) living to the northside of me has a privacy fence around his backyard, it was there long before I enclosed my own yard so he damn well knows the length separating our yards is his responsibility. During the last few years it has been harboring termites, falling into disrepair, and generally looking like crap. It's developed holes big enough for my border collie to stick her snout through which could result in some potentially nasty splinters.

So lately my neighbor hires some contractors to replace some rotten trim and gutters on his house, then goes all out and has his entire roof replaced. I think to myself, 'okay, the fence must be next on his to-do list'. Nope. I wait for a few months and nothing happens.

So I go out and buy some fencing boards myself. I mean, c'mon, the dang things are only $1.39 each at Home Depot. My neighbor could do it himself for dirt cheap, but he's just damn lazy. So I replace about 30 boards. The repairs look so much nicer now. We share this fence and I was just sick and tired of looking at it.

I did this out of the goodness of my nice whittle heart. No, not really. But have I heard even a mere 'thank you'? Have I?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by The Patriot]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by The Patriot]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join