It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I helped out an old lady and now Nazi's are after me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've a few rules I live by based on life experience. One of those rules is dont help anybody with anything ever unless you know the person as a friend or relative. I used to help everyone with everything and I got burned all the time with abuse.

I was out last weekend and in a good mood and noticed the neighbors yard was quite overgrown. It's a yard that connects with my yard and both properties are owned by the same landlord.

The people in that house are quite elderly.

My good mood got the better of me and I went ahead and mowed their lawn along with mine. In the middle of the mowing one of the elderly neighbors came out and thanked me and even offered payment to which I refused.

Later that afternoon some neo-nazi mental patients started lobbing golf balls at my house from their backyard.

So now instead of some old folks next door with a yard falling to # I have old folks next door with a clean kemp lawn who happen to be lunatics who apparently hate that I mowed their lawn despite one of them seemingly appreciating it.

Cant wait to see what the nazi neighbors do in the coming weeks.

Dont help anyone with anything ever. Doing something nice for somebody just makes you a target for lunatics.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Later that afternoon some neo-nazi mental patients started lobbing golf balls at my house from their backyard.

So now instead of some old folks next door with a yard falling to # I have old folks next door with a clean kemp lawn who happen to be lunatics who apparently hate that I mowed their lawn despite one of them seemingly appreciating it.

Cant wait to see what the nazi neighbors do in the coming weeks.

Dont help anyone with anything ever. Doing something nice for somebody just makes you a target for lunatics.

That's not the lesson here.

The lesson here is to never mow a fairway into golf enthusiasts' lawns.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Did you knock on the door first, to let them know you were going to cut the lawn?

I used to have a neighbor that never cut his own lawn. He wasn't around much, and his yard had rats, cats, and all sorts of things living in it. Another neighbor and I would take turns cutting the lawn, so as not to bring down our own property values. Not once did this guy thank either of us, and we did it for years!

I don't know, if your neighbors let the lawn go again, check with the local laws in your area. I know in the neighborhood I was living in, there were rules that specified if your lawn got to a certain height, that the village would send somebody to cut it at the owners expense, along with some hefty fines. Instead of being nice, now that you know how they are, get even!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Free Golf Balls! Some people pay good money for them ... you should stick up a flag in a buried tin cup and sprinkle a few of the balls around...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

You're mixing up a good deed with the behaviour of a-holes. Two different things altogether!

It crossed my mind, if the neighbours had been using your next-door neighbours overgrown garden as a stash for weed or something? The golf balls might be their way of saying, 'Dude! You mowed up our bag of grass!'

As a teenager, me and friends used fences and old gardens to hide all sorts of stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
If you suspect keep a video recorderd and an audio recorder at handy at all times. You may need them when you least expect. Also a baseball bat or something handy might be a good idea

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Really? You broke into someones yard, probably destroyed any flowers they had or wanted to keep, and you think they are the lunatics? What made you think it was OK to do that without asking first? Should someone come to your home and rearrange your furniture without asking you first? Maybe paint your house a different color? I bet you would do more than throw golf balls if that happened to you.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I had a very similar experience (minus the golf balls) a few years ago. My parent's neighbors were elderly and the man of the house had broken his arm. So after mowing my parent's grass I decided to do my good deed and mow the neighbors'. About half-way through the neighbor comes out (I'm thinking he's going to thank me lol) and says "Mow your own damn grass!".
He was genuinely mad.

Not sure how he could ever mow his grass with a broken arm but WHATEVA!
I still try to help people though I;m a bit more cautious about it now.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I had a very similar experience (minus the golf balls) a few years ago. My parent's neighbors were elderly and the man of the house had broken his arm. So after mowing my parent's grass I decided to do my good deed and mow the neighbors'. About half-way through the neighbor comes out (I'm thinking he's going to thank me lol) and says "Mow your own damn grass!".
He was genuinely mad.

Not sure how he could ever mow his grass with a broken arm but WHATEVA!
I still try to help people though I;m a bit more cautious about it now.

Again, why do you think it is OK to do that? I would be furious if someone did something to MY property without asking me. Their yard does not belong to you! You had no right to violate there home without asking first.!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

This is where the expression "no good deed goes unpunished" comes from.
And it often comes to mind.

However...
Helping people is an opportunity to polish up the old rusty karma.

Too bad you had that experience. It was a very kind thing that you did. You can bet those ball lobbers never pushed a mower themselves to know what effort it took to do what you did.
The one person who offered to pay you, probably did understand.
If only for that person it was a good thing. The rest would not know a good thing if it landed on their head. You need to feel sorry for them.

I remember times where I was deeply sorry I ever got involved....and so like you I keep to myself. But I still look and choose where I will lend the help and do lend the help or favor or deed...when I can.

It is always a good practice to help someone WHO IS HELPING OTHERS.
This way you get more bank for your buck. You also keep a safe distance from the "desperate" who will sometime get you in a death grip, topple you down.
Some people are "saintly" in that they can tolerate the poor and depraved rubbing up against them, crying. I wish I had their courage and benevolence and love for ALL.

Let's not kid ourselves. I am afraid I don't.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You do realize when you help someone they first have to accept your help? If you don't ask them first and get permission to mow their yards it is considered trespassing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

You do realize when you help someone they first have to accept your help? If you don't ask them first and get permission to mow their yards it is considered trespassing.

Sometimes you want to do something and not take the credit. Sometimes I know this is a case where I should ask. Mowing a lawn where I come from IS THE LAW and we will get fined if we don't.

I am not arguing your point really but say again, I pick and choose but don't completely avoid helping people.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Your intent was noble. Your actions were illegal. My question is how did you know they were neonazis? Or is that just an insult because they through golf balls in your yard because you were trespassing?

In their lease, and if its the same landlord it should be identical to yours, they should have something about maintaining the yard. If they don't call your landlord. But it's kind of tough for you to call the police for them littering when they can flip it on you for trespassing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

have you ever seen yards with connected lawns and only one side is mowed?everytime i see the imaginary border on a lawn where half of the grass is still a foot tall i want to slap whoever didnt finish the job.

it looks stupid to say the least. and to be honest if i were your neighbor and you came outside and through a fit that i was doing a job you had been neglecting, id personally give you a few REAL problems to gripe over. you are clearly a person who cannot differentiate between a real problem and something that is not even in the same ballpark as a "problem" but borderline blessing.

somebody mowing your lawn is not something to blow a blood vessel over, and im sure the LANDLORD WHO OWNS BOTH SIDES OF THE !@#$ING LAWN would agree.

and i wonder how those loonies would like it if ol' boy here started lobbing .308's into their yard...or maybe some eggs...or both

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
and i wonder how those loonies would like it if ol' boy here started lobbing .308's into their yard...or maybe some eggs...or both

Yeah, if someone does not like you going onto their property without permission and doing things to their yard, shoot at them. That just makes sense.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You cut their lawn with good intentions and that's a good thing. However I think it would have been better to ask them rather than go ahead, (just a general principal thing) Still though your intent was good (To help out) I would leave it at that. These folks have an obvious problem maybe senility or just bad attitudes. I would say let it lie (but protect yourself) and try to understand that these folks are mentally ill or whatever. Allot of times people don't act as we think they should (expectations). I don't think how they act is what really matters, I think that your intent is everything, in this case it was noble, to help these old folks out which is a good thing. Thanks for posting, Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
So..now you know the old lady (who i assume offered to pay you) is married to a fellow who is likely suffering from dementia. How sad. What a rough life she has. Seriously.

When he (or was it they) started lobbing golf balls, did you go out and say anything? If not, why not? Maybe they were trying to get your attention?

Of course, all this is sheer speculation.... could you please fill in the blanks?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

I thought about that before I went ahead and mowed the lawn. I figured before they moved in I mowed it anyway as it's connected to my yard directly and owned by the same landlord. The two houses are on the same lot.

Also I have to mow a section of their lawn every time I mow my own. There's really no way to avoid it.

And with at least one occupant of the house I had developed a cordial repertoire through my position as neighbor and the position I hold with the town.

Given the occupants are senior and one actually thanked me I figured it was worth the risk. The downside being a knock on the door and a request to not do that again as an adult would have done. Not juvenile harassment from mental deficients.

There is no garden or flower bed. Simply straight grass in a rectangular field. Besides, it's not like I would just tear into their flower beds or gardens if they had them.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

thats strange. because in the story that i read, the lady came out and said "thank you".

i just re-read it a few times and cant for the life of me find where she makes it clear that she didnt want him on her property.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join