It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia UFO sighting, July 25, 2010 all 4 parts

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hmm. Very lengthy tirade (or two), after a fairly simple couple of questions...

First, I did ask for the camera model. Thanks for not giving that
, and instead making me look up all the possibilities - would that be a DCR-SR45? But the 40x optical zoom was helpful. I gather that this camera, despite having that long zoom, has no proper image stabilisation so that at least explains some of the shakiness. If it is that camera, you are somewhat forgiven, as, (I'm sorry to say), it isn't a very good one for this sort of photography.

No, I'm not a handgun shooter, but I've had a fair bit of experience with rifles - you didn't say what sort of shooting you did, so I assumed you had experience with all types (and the NRA name-drop suggests you do). But I wasn't looking for unsupported claims or esoteric technique names - just plain common sense.

The basic techniques are things like:
- using something to steady yourself - the ground, a tree, a car roof, a fence post. You were in/near a forest, yes?
- bracing yourself and the camera
- holding your breath
and so on. Using fancy terms like the "Weaver" is most impressive, but.. it's the results that speak for themselves, and we are NOT talking about taking a quickdraw shot, or dealing with recoil.. It should have been obvious from what you were seeing that the image was very shaky, and there was obviously time to do something about it. I don't understand why people think the only thing to stop a camera moving is a tripod - indeed a cheap tripod is far worse than sensible use of nearby solid objects.

These images are shaky *continually*, there isn't even a few moments when the wobbling doesn't persist. Thanks for the shoulder information, I guess that is another reason, but frankly... better footage would be nice.

Oh, and if I guessed right with the model, why did you not use the IR Nightshot? (If I guessed wrong, why didn't you give the model???)

By the way, if this was me and I was not familiar with how to use a video camera at night, I would be taking the criticism on the chin, thanking people for the tips and taking them on board.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Airborne880

Hi there Airborne

Welcome to the crap that is called mistrust no matter what, which appears to be the run of many of the conversations that are posted here.
I joined up months ago and have hardly posted anything. Good reason being that I can ill afford to waste precious energy wading through the disrespecting comments, smacking of immaturity and simply put, lacking in intelligence, life skills and experience.
I have so much to share here, yet it will first be a cold day in hell before I share that on this forum. I only come here because of the news flashes I see emailed to me. I get them and follow a thread, only to find many of the posters here, on a mission, behind code names, with one thing in mind, to ridicule, belittle the thread creator.
There is little tact displayed debating questions, rather personal comments that are characteristic of people who need to judge and it's well known those that judge merely suffer from a lack of self esteem, hence inferiority. It's a pity that this cant be controlled better, because the stories that would unfold would be life changing to many that are clearly seeking truth or more.
They have no idea what it's like to have the most incredible experiences, that are beyond mind boggling, but cant be shared because of exactly what has happened to you. If they only knew !!

I have written this because I felt your early frustration to want to explain your experience, whilst consistently being put on the back-foot, relegating your new found world, to a third rate interrogation event.
I understand this, because I had my very first one, about 24 years ago. It's been quite a ride since.
Very few have it within them to consider the possibility of another's experience. It's something you have to see for yourself as you have. Your life has changed and will never be the same from here onwards.
My 2cents worth: Don't be bothered in the least by those that cannot hear, let alone see. Experiences like these are meant for those that have them. It's a journey and those that are meant to experience, will have same.
There is no coincidence, believe me when I say that.
Ignore the ones you clearly see have no self respect in their postings and stick with the main line that I believe the majority want to hear about.
Chances of seeing your same orbs again will be slight. Other and different ones are far more possible, so get your equipment ready. Have faith and put out "the call". Don't be pressured with all-nighters in the woods though, to appease these people, but do so if your soul has been quickened.

Happy UFO hunting. My wish for you is that this experience helps you to become more of who you are and less of what you have been.

Blessings to you and your family.

[edit on 2/8/10 by InCause]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hi Airborne~

I've just spent the past,... at least HOUR reading this entire thread. Please take my advice....because i see your frustration in your responses...and IGNORE those posters who will only believe in UFO ( Alien )phenomena only if an alien craft were to fly up their azz. ... and even then, some would blame it on a hemorrhoid flare up.

I read carefully everything you wrote. It seems to me you are in the changing of your own personal season. Buying the remote property, honing in on your survival skills, and i would venture to guess, you've been doing some serious soul searching.

Do i know what you recorded last week? No. But i do believe you feel it was something special....and i feel it was as well. I live in West Virginia, and i know these mountains... It was not fireflies..lol And i have never seen gases or anything like you recorded. Due to the coal deposits, there are natural vents in the mountains that do emit steam and gases... but NOTHING like what you recorded.

I understand your fears about the people, they are very clannish around here...but very friendly to polite, curious, genuine people. I feel that if you were to ask around a little, you might find they could answer some questions about that mountain. Maybe start by asking about those vents from the coal i told you about, and then slide into what you saw...

you might be surprised....they probably see stuff too. =o)

anyhow... there are those of us here who are really interested, and want to help find answers to what you saw. PLEASE DO US A FAVOR, and dont even bother responding to the jerks, UNLESS they ask VALID questions that HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED. It's counterproductive to your cause.

Good Luck, and Blessings to your Family~
Godz~

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
In the last two posts, we have the following masterpieces:

Welcome to the crap that is called mistrust
.. disrespecting comments, smacking of immaturity
.. lacking in intelligence, life skills and experience
.. the posters here.. with one thing in mind, to ridicule, belittle
.. There is little tact displayed
.. those that judge merely suffer from a lack of self esteem,
.. hence inferiority
.. They have no idea what it's like
.. a third rate interrogation event.
.. Don't be bothered in the least by those that cannot hear
.. let alone see.
.. Ignore the ones you clearly see have no self respect

Blessings to you and your family.

Followed by:

IGNORE those posters
.. who will only believe in UFO ..if an alien craft were to fly up their azz.
.. and even then, some would blame it on a hemorrhoid flare up.
.. dont even bother responding to the jerks

Good Luck, and Blessings to your Family

... hmmm...

Judge not, lest ye be judged, I say... or perhaps:

The hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbour, but through knowledge shall justice be delivered

Anyway, if it's all about fawning praise and alien attribution to every bright light in the sky (or forest), then just ignore all the people who ask questions and try to get at the truth, or who offer tips with a view to making attempts to capture this sort of stuff better in future.

I mean, who on earth would want any of *that*.

Truth?
Explanations?
Better Footage?

Blasphemy, I say!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
Airborne as a former LEO let me say welcome brother. Let me start by saying, for what it is worth, I believe you. Ignore the haters on here. You may never see the lights again, but at least you were lucky enough to see them! Also, you may want to look into the "Brown Mountain" lights here in NC. They may be related.

I will see if I can find some links and post them on here. Keep up the good work, but don't let it consume you.

Thank you brother. Not letting it consume me is a tough one at this point hahah. My neck hurts because all that I do is research on the internet and go outside to stare into the sky. In fact... after I post this, I will force myself to go take a shower... how sad is that? I am operating on about three to four hours of sleep a night because my mind is racing. However... your advice is great and I will do my best to heed it. Thanks again and stay safe!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I understand that it is hard to get a really good video. But this one is really suspicious.

"We had full and unobstructed viewing of these orb like objects for over an hour and a half."

In the "morning after" video, you can see nothing BUT obstruction. Trees everywhere, no clear view of the sky(at least you didn't provide a shot of one). I live deep in the woods and if there were a ufo flying around, I'd have a hard time seeing it, much less video taping it.

Also, when you are talking about the sighting, you keep blinking, often extended blinks, which can be a sign of deceit. Also, another sign of lying that I noticed was scratching your face and rubbing your nose. Maybe there was another reason for this but it does raise an eyebrow.

In the second video between :07 and :38, it almost looks like there is a reflection of the lights. Is this from the camera? I don't know. Maybe you could explain what that is. It looks fishy.

Also, I think the fact that you say y'all "summoned" it or "willed" it to appear and change is rather hokey.

Your comment about how the mountain residents aren't like "city people"...just what does that mean? Most "city people" I know don't believe in ufo's because "it only happens to rednecks in the country". On the other hand, I've met many "country folks" who have had sightings or at least believe. My Grandpa's brother told me about a ufo he saw in the 1930's rural Georgia(the giant triangle kind) when he was a young boy. And he's as country as they come(picture an old man in overalls). I understand your hesitation about going around telling strangers who may very well resemble the cast of Deliverance, but it came across as a very snooty comment.

Anyhoo, if it IS real, I'm sorry you didn't get better footage. I have never had a camera on hand when I've seen something and I don't post my accounts because people don't care unless you have proof. You can't blame people for being skeptical. There are a lot of hoaxters that love to make believers look like *ssholes. Just look at Crop Circles and all the photoshop masterpieces of UFOs.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Airborne, you ignored my post on page 14 where I posted your youtube videos, and your vague responses and beating around the bush lead to HOAX.

If it is not a hoax, please tell us what time in your daytime video correlates with the nighttime footage?

For example something like this:

@3:42 in the long daytime video you are looking @0:47 on the second nighttime video.

Something exactly like that would add some credit to your story. Please don't be vague, we are trying to help you.

Or you can drag us around with background information which has nothing to do with the lights in question. Please give us some exact time references.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Oh, and just to be really annoying....

I've just gone out and taken some footage, hand-held, 40x zoom, of a star (well, Venus actually, and then a passing jet aircraft for good measure). (Note - the footage below is NOT that footage..)

I tried normal handholding, and then.. leant my camera hand against a tree. Even my normal hand-holding (no bracing, no techniques whatsoever) was significantly better (imnsho) than the footage shown, and when I leant against the tree.. it was half usable! (Although at 40x, you can't resolve Venus - it's just an overexposed blob.)

Now, the annoying part is that my camera is miniDV (ie digital TAPE), and the computer I use to download it via Firewire, is in pieces. However, I am confident I can get it all back working again, so I will post the footage a little later.

Anyways, in the meantime, there's a bit of footage here that gives you a hint of what I mean:

Note the steadiness on a tripod, and the amount of shakiness when i hand-hold at about 1:00.

Anyway, the moral, if any?

When you are in the forest, try to see the trees.

They are those big tall steady things that you can lean on...........

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i just joined and thought this would be a happy place lol gd video any video is gd people have there own opinions of everything :-)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i just joined and thought this would be a happy place lol gd video any video is gd people have there own opinions of everything :-)

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
Airborne, you ignored my post on page 14 where I posted your youtube videos, and your vague responses and beating around the bush lead to HOAX.

If it is not a hoax, please tell us what time in your daytime video correlates with the nighttime footage?

For example something like this:

@3:42 in the long daytime video you are looking @0:47 on the second nighttime video.

Something exactly like that would add some credit to your story. Please don't be vague, we are trying to help you.

Or you can drag us around with background information which has nothing to do with the lights in question. Please give us some exact time references.

Thanks

Ok... I did NOT ignore your post. I know its tough to believe this but I have a life beyond answering the hundreds of e mails and the posts associated with this incident. Now..... I have been a soldier, a cop, and a firearms/tactics Instructor all of my adult life. I am in NO way an electronics/computer/video/editing/numbers/whatever kind of guy. Quite frankly... your question regarding points in the daytime video correlating with segments in the nighttime video... makes my frickin nose bleed!!! I have re read it three times and I do not want to deal with it. It makes my brain hurt. Simplify your question and do not require me to match up video moments and numbers and I will try to answer your question. Dumb it down a tad is what I am saying. As for adding "credit" to my story? At this point, i honestly dont care about credit. It is what it is. Drag you around with background information? WTF does that mean? All we have is the video such as it is and my background info. I am no scientist! get used to it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
Oh, and just to be really annoying....

I've just gone out and taken some footage, hand-held, 40x zoom, of a star (well, Venus actually, and then a passing jet aircraft for good measure). (Note - the footage below is NOT that footage..)

I tried normal handholding, and then.. leant my camera hand against a tree. Even my normal hand-holding (no bracing, no techniques whatsoever) was significantly better (imnsho) than the footage shown, and when I leant against the tree.. it was half usable! (Although at 40x, you can't resolve Venus - it's just an overexposed blob.)

Now, the annoying part is that my camera is miniDV (ie digital TAPE), and the computer I use to download it via Firewire, is in pieces. However, I am confident I can get it all back working again, so I will post the footage a little later.

Anyways, in the meantime, there's a bit of footage here that gives you a hint of what I mean:

Note the steadiness on a tripod, and the amount of shakiness when i hand-hold at about 1:00.

Anyway, the moral, if any?

When you are in the forest, try to see the trees.

They are those big tall steady things that you can lean on...........

Now... this is great video and useful. I also shot three videos of lights and stars here at home and was going to post them to show the same thing. But the more I hear pricks on this site refer to my family as liars and ask insane questions.... the more I lose interest in discussing the matter, so I did not post them.
Yours is a great example of what I was dealing with and I thank you for going through the trouble.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InCause

Hi there Airborne

Welcome to the crap that is called mistrust no matter what, which appears to be the run of many of the conversations that are posted here.
I joined up months ago and have hardly posted anything. Good reason being that I can ill afford to waste precious energy wading through the disrespecting comments, smacking of immaturity and simply put, lacking in intelligence, life skills and experience.

[edit on 2/8/10 by InCause]

Thank you for your addition to this ...... thing! Your words have comforted me beyond description and while some here will think that is because your not disagreeing with me... you understand what I am saying. many people here forget or choose to forget that I did not post my videos here. Someone else did and I have tried very hard to assist with discussing and pontification the situation, such as it is. People understandably are frustrated over the lack of crystal clear video, but in their frustration, they attack me and my integrity and to be clear... i will take your advise and not respond to them any further. In fact.... Please e mail me or message me on youtube and I will keep you updated on anything that may develop regarding this subject. I am very very close to exiting from this form as a matter of keeping my head in a better place. i realize that not everyone here is on an ego driven agenda to muddy the water, but enough are that I am finding myself reacting to them in a negative way. Part two on the way

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Wed Aug 4 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Airborne880

Originally posted by InCause

Hi there Airborne

Part Two of my response;

Please know how much I appreciate the tone and the meaning of your message to me and It is clear that you have authentic experience with things of this nature. Seeing with your own eyes.... in the real world. Some of the people who sit and try to corner me with a smirk on their face... believing that they are somehow adding to the value of our search for the truth........... they can NOT have anything going for them in other aspects of life. How could they? I have to believe that the majority of people who would come to this site would be open minded and understanding of the environment. In other words.. this is not a site for scientists alone to post. It is for average joes who will submit shaky video and not know how to adjust lenses and other crap.

Anyway... again, thank you and please do contact me outside of this form. i have a feeling that I will not be here much longer.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godz Enigma
Hi Airborne~

I've just spent the past,... at least HOUR reading this entire thread. P

Thank you very much for your thoughts and advice. How I wish I was strong enough to NOT respond to the people who crap on my soup and expect me to smile about it hahaha. I am far from perfect and one of my biggest weaknesses is that I give respect to all and demand it in return. When someone attacks my integrity I will not allow it to go un dealt with. Now.. enter the world of the internet and I have a problem. Any pathetic fool can say what they want from the security and anonymity of the computer screen. my challenge is to not get caught up in it. Those who push my buttons while giggling form thier dingy apartments, do not make a pimple on the assss of me or my family and i know this. So... either I will succeed at NOT reacting to them, or i will simply not subject myself to it.

sadly, as much as I have seen of the bad side of humans, I still want to believe that most are genuine and not bad. In any internet site.... it seems as though the weak and insecure lurk and use the discussions as an opportunity to be loud and get attention in any way that they can. I should cry for them. Th reality is.. I want to slap the ---T out of them ahahh.

Anyway... I appreciate your words and please contact me outside of this nest of fools if you so desire. i would love that.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Questions and the search for answers is one thing. Advice is always welcome and you may have noticed that I have taken it... bought a tripod, tried the glow sticks,m etc. But comfortably calling a man and his family liars in public, and chastising a person for the quality of a video taken during an exciting, unplanned, unusual event... is another. Go back and re read some this blatant stupidity that has grown here like moss. I mean.... one idiot actually believes that she can analyze my body language hahahahaha. I blinked and scratched my nose so I am a fake? That is "short bus and hockey gear" thinking and if that is representative of the caliber of people here.... im in the wrong circus tent.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Very amusing! Actually, I lived with a compulsive liar for 4 years. I never called your whole family liars. Maybe you weren't lying, maybe you are not comfortable on camera; it just came across as insincere.

I don't think I was being such a b*tch that I deserve such a nasty reply. Surely you realize when you post something like this, you are going to get questions and criticism. And I don't have time to read every stupid comment on this thread(fireflys? Really?!?). I just clicked on the email and I am now reminded why I never visit this site anymore.

Good day!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join