It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia UFO sighting, July 25, 2010 all 4 parts

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the vid Airborne and for your input in this thread. UFO forum has been sort of dead lately so it's cool with some footage that doesn't appear fake or silly in the first post.

Looking at your youtube account you do seem very genuine. Having said that, it might still very well be a hoax, (NO OFFENCE), but if it is, it' kinda good acting from you guys
. Might also be insects or some natural phenomenon but it does seems kinda strange.

Just replying because I've seen a strange Orb thing myself. I live in a big city with like 2 million ppl and one day I look outside my window and I saw these orbs flying around in a pattern in the sky outside my window. They didn't go away and I was just freaked out by it. I was not interested in UFO at that time...

Being a bit shaky I just pulled the curtains and pretend it hadn't happened. Then 30 minutes later I decided to go out and I saw the orbs on the street then too, it was like they were following me.

Why not grab a camera and record it you might ask... Well, this was a few years ago and vid cams were not standard on mobiles.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hi Airborne880,
Was the first video in this thread also the first pictures taken by you on the 25th?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
Thanks for posting the vid Airborne and for your input in this thread. UFO forum has been sort of dead lately so it's cool with some footage that doesn't appear fake or silly in the first post.

Looking at your youtube account you do seem very genuine. Having said that, it might still very well be a hoax, (NO OFFENCE), but if it is, it' kinda good acting from you guys
. Might also be insects or some natural phenomenon but it does seems kinda strange.

Just replying because I've seen a strange Orb thing myself. I live in a big city with like 2 million ppl and one day I look outside my window and I saw these orbs flying around in a pattern in the sky outside my window. They didn't go away and I was just freaked out by it. I was not interested in UFO at that time...

Being a bit shaky I just pulled the curtains and pretend it hadn't happened. Then 30 minutes later I decided to go out and I saw the orbs on the street then too, it was like they were following me.

Why not grab a camera and record it you might ask... Well, this was a few years ago and vid cams were not standard on mobiles.

Hello! I finally was able to sleep for the first time since the videos were posted!! I am doing my best to respond where I can to the many here and on youtube. Thanks for your remarks and for sharing your own experience.

What more can I say? It's understandable that some would consider it a hoax because they dont know my family and I. I guess this is to be expected when someone posts video of something unexplainable. My new job is to get over the fact that I cant and should not try to convince anyone of anything. I will just tell the story as it happened, try to get additional and better evidence and let the chips fall where they may. Many people believe that we never landed on the moon and there is much clearer video of that than I have presented of my sighting.... so there is a lesson here.

Anyway.... thanks again and stay safe.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Hi Airborne880,
Was the first video in this thread also the first pictures taken by you on the 25th?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by smurfy]

Yes.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by FlySolo

So your position is they all hatched and began flying around the stump?

No, I didn't say that at all. They are sitting quite still on the stump like fireflies do and glowing like fireflies do. You might be mistaking the jittery camera movement for erratic flight.

So you're saying a guy who is in law-enforcement, has property in the country side and is certainly in his 40's can't discern what a firefly is?

This is what he said himself about my firefly theory:

"Wow!!! I am very very impressed with your work!!!! It is a great job! I am way way to tired to be very articulate now but I will re examine this when I get a nap. I see your point and seeing the overlay it seems possible."

Have you any constructive ideas on what they might be?

Guys... I just woke up and am rolling through the posts that I missed. regarding the firefly theory... it occurred to me that non of the firefly's I have seen in my life have emitted white light..... and these lights were mostly very very bright white. The fireflies I see are greenish and some are a yellowish but in no way could they become as bright as what we saw.
It is a good theory though and in the interest of finding out what we saw, it was a good question and something to consider. For the record... I do not believe that they were insects in this case.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxiTzYoMasterxX
Go to your start menu..go to windows movie maker.And add your video to it and you can edit.You can cut the video in half.Delete the other half(don't worry it makes a copy so your original is safe)Then hit burn to your computer.There's part one all ready for youtube.Open up windows movie maker again,unless it's still open and cut the video in half again and use the other half.And that should do it.I would say learn what all the features do before you burn it to your computer.

Hope this helps.

Great! Thank you for that. I will give it a go ASAP. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexander_delta

Originally posted by NightVision

reply to post by alexander_delta

What kind of answer was that? Well, you have something to show how much better you can do or don't you?

This isn't a competition. Delta and I are defending a standard here at ATS. The OP's video, while interesting simply doesn't meet what we would consider quality standards due to the shakiness. Saying the camera man "did the best he could" does not make the video any more credible, nor does it make it any different from the other 1045 shaky blurry light clips we've seen this year.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by NightVision]

Let me put it this way then. Say, the footage was as clear as possible without anything else to back it up. No audio, and no testimonial. Would you be satisfied? I think not. Now, lets break down the percentage of importance of footage and testimonial. What like 50-50, 60-40, 80-20? Your choice. I would go as far to say the video and testimonial fall around 40-60 respectively. Clearly, now at a 40% evaluation of credibility based on the video, we don't need 100% of a clear shot, we have the other 60%.

And no, this isn't a competition, but no one likes back seat drivers. If your not driving, it might be best to be quiet.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by FlySolo]

Your stance is totally outrageous. The point of the thread is for people to comment on the video. My comment is that the video is worthless. I don't care if you don't like my assessment I am entitled to it.

Hey guys.... Just a thought as I read these debates over the shaky video. I seriously encourage everyone who is so hard on folks who submit shaky video of bright objects in the sky to.... go outside tonight, select a small bright star and videotape it without a tripod. See for yourself how shaky it is. I am a Firearms Instructor and the same thing happens with the front sight of a handgun. We call that "Arc of movement". It occurs simply because you are a living, breathing thing. Your heartbeat, breathing, tired mussels and stress all play a part in that movement and it can only be managed but not eliminated.... unless you are dead. So the tripod is only part of the solution. Why only part? I anticipate the next sighting will be like this last one. If that is the case, the objects will not stay in one place. That will necessitate me picking up the camera, tripod and all, and repositioning it. At the very least... swiveling the camera to follow the objects. Here again, we will end up with shaky video and suffer the accusations of being fakes.
Bottom line... people can only work with the skill and equipment at hand and deal with a fluid, emotional situation the best they can. If this stuff was easy, we would all be watching thousands of ultra clear videos and the questions would all be answered.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
So, Airborne sir...

I will not ask you who you are and or what your job is. I have my idea's. But I will ask if there was a reason other than "I thought it would be neat to own a mountain" that you would purchase such remote property? Do you possibly know something or just have a feeling about the immediate future?

Sorry, had to ask lol.

And yes, cool video, thank you for sharing and coming onto ATS and answering our questions. I recently moved to mountain top and am hoping to do the same thing.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Oxygen56]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubPop79
Airborne, I sent you a PM on YouTube. I hope you reply asap.

Considering the things I have been seeing in the skies here in VA as of late, and the i9ncrease in sightings as of late, I tend toward this being a little more credible then I would have normally thought before.

I see nothing that points to them being faked, and with the multiple witnesses, I think this is is real.

Alien? Who knows. I have seen "things in the sky" too, doing some bizzare things, and even I still can't bring myself to say they were aliens.

Aliens or terrestrial, I don't think this is a hoax.

Fireflies? Really? Have you guys ever tried to videotape something that dim at night? They aren't fire flies, Timon, but hey, hakuna matata.

Roger that brother... heading to youtube now. Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygen56
So, Airborne sir...

I will not ask you who you are and or what your job is. I have my idea's. But I will ask if there was a reason other than "I thought it would be neat to own a mountain" that you would purchase such remote property? Do you possibly know something or just have a feeling about the immediate future?

Sorry, had to ask lol.

And yes, cool video, thank you for sharing and coming onto ATS and answering our questions. I recently moved to mountain top and am hoping to do the same thing.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Oxygen56]

I do not want to instill fear into anyone's mind. I can answer yes to all of your questions. Yes I know something but not any ONE thing. I study closely, what is happening in the world of politics and the many social issues that the uSA is dealing with. I have seen lawless society's first hand and know that in that world, there are wolves and there are sheep. the wolves will come after the sheep without mercy. I have seen that up close. I also do have a feeling that we are on the precipice of a worldwide change. Good or bad... not sure. But I do know that none of it will be without problems. Even if the change is for the better, we will have to suffer a period of turmoil. My instincts and training tell me to have the family away from urban and populated areas until the dust settles. Now... if nothing bad happens.. I still have a cool place to shoot guns, hike and see strange lights haha. So please... dont worry but dont be a victim. The time to buy a fire extinguisher is not while the house is burning. Always have a plan A and a Plan B. The absence of a plan in a crisis results in panic. You want to avoid that at all cost. Stay safe, enjoy life, but have a plan.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Airborne880

Ahh OK, what I had thought. Same here, another reason I moved up and out as far as I could whilst being reasonable. Again, thank you sir. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the guy speaking sounds very much like the actor Seth Rogan!

Cool video

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

K3rm1t.....

G'day me ol' mate!

Thanks for starting this interesting discussion.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Airborne880.....

Thanks for coming on board & discussing this with us.

I'll keep having a look at all this & see if I can come up with some useful commentary.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

View the short video below for a better understanding of what I am referring to....

This a great video Nightvision I have never seen it before however, I have one question.

In the first scene we see that it says

Science promotes and thrives on open-mindedness. because the advancement of our understanding, about the reality in which we exist, depends upon our willingness to consider new ideas. Scientific discovery often requires new ways of THINKING.

Thats all very well and good but what if the people at the top of scientific chain knew of the ideas but decided to keep it to themselves in order to supress the people and set up agendas that they could benefit from (in this case the existence of ET)

Suddenly we have gone from developing our ideas and beliefs using trusted science to developing our ideas and beliefs based on deceitful science. Therefore, surely basing our own ideas around science is no more different than basing them upon religion? I mean to say that nobody knows if what we are told is true or indeed a lie?

[edit on 29-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Airborne880.....

Thanks for coming on board & discussing this with us.

I'll keep having a look at all this & see if I can come up with some useful commentary.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Thank you and all others who have made the experience even more interesting with great suggestions and ideas. We are all in this (life) together. Know what I mean? Thanks again brother..... stay safe.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Thats all very well and good but what if the people at the top of scientific chain knew of the ideas but decided to keep it to themselves in order to supress the people and set up agendas that they could benefit from (in this case the existence of ET)

Fran you present a very good argument. I suppose the video was speaking of science in terms those in the public spotlight, not in black govt. operations. Thats a whole other realm of science and discussion.

Originally posted by Airborne880

go outside tonight, select a small bright star and videotape it without a tripod. See for yourself how shaky it is. I am a Firearms Instructor and the same thing happens with the front sight of a handgun. We call that "Arc of movement".

I'm sorry but I've seen arc of movement with my own two hands and eyes, and the shakiness displayed in your video is much much more pronounced, without even a scope!. While I think it's an amazing video, I just dont know how anyone can analyze it when there's literally not a second of stability in it. IMO the footage useless unless you can get some kind of stabilization in after effects production.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by NightVision]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Fran you present a very good argument. I suppose the video was speaking of science in terms those in the public spotlight, not in black govt. operations. Thats a whole other realm of science and discussion.

Originally posted by Airborne880

go outside tonight, select a small bright star and videotape it without a tripod. See for yourself how shaky it is. I am a Firearms Instructor and the same thing happens with the front sight of a handgun. We call that "Arc of movement".

I'm sorry but I've seen arc of movement with my own two hands and eyes, and the shakiness displayed in your video is much much more pronounced, without even a scope!. While I think it's an amazing video, I just dont know how anyone can analyze it when there's literally not a second of stability in it. IMO the footage useless unless you can get some kind of stabilization in after effects production.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by NightVision]

Well... I suspect that anything I say will be met with a "But why did you not just let someone else videotape it?" Or, "How come there are so many excuses from you?" The reality is that we are humans and not professional videotape guys. I have explained the urgency of the camera cord and no time to charge it. I just had shoulder surgery a week prior and my hands are not steady i guess. And until I see someone else film something that small while it relocates between trees with absolute clarity... i doubt it can be done. Not by most anyway. I have no more energy to debate the shaky camera situation. It is what it is and its all I have at the moment. I want better footage just like you do. I want answers to what this is, just like everyone.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Any update on your new question answering video airborne ?

Looking forward to seeing it!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
"Oh, I've gotta charge this up. I'm out of juice."

Um. When your battery goes dead you don't get audio or video.

The warning starts flashing on the monitor, possibly?

I have read many of your posts over the years, phage. You tend to over react at times by writing without thinking enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join