It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

you actually posted rumormill and abovetopsecret as documentation to back up your claims that you are not completely boring. you have not at any point addressed any point I have made and have gone off on a ridiculous tangent that pertains to nothing. you say read the constitution, the declaration of independence, the "religious texts" and blah blah blah. you can't quote a single point that validates your argument. service to your country should not be compulsory. you should just do it because it is the right thing to do. the founding fathers all served. until the last 3 f-tards were elected the president had always severed. if you don't know who the us government is than you need to lay off the acetylene fumes and read the constitution...sorry, couldn't resist. you are a cry baby that probably complains about how long you have to work every day to your boss. ive met your type a thousand times. you'll complain if its coming and when its going. you have no answers, a list of complaints, and a tedious level or entitlement leading to your flawed belief that freedom is your natural birth right that you would totally get living in another country that i totally wish you would go to as soon as possible.

prove to you? i served my family, my community and my country. who are you and what have you done that adds up to more than words on a second rate conspiracy site?

[edit on 24-8-2010 by TheWrongStuff]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrongStuff
reply to post by daddio

prove to you? i served my family, my community and my country. who are you and what have you done that adds up to more than words on a second rate conspiracy site?

You DID NOT serve THIS country, you served the U.S. Corporation. Ever read Smedley D. Butler's "War is a Racket"?

It is obvious by your use of language that you are of a lesser IQ than most. You make me laugh so hard with your rhetoric!!!! Call me anything you like, I know what freedom is and YOU never did anything to reinforce it in THIS country known as America, not the U.S. but the U.S.A. If you do not know the difference, oh well, I guess that is expected.

And the Constitution is a corporate contract and nothing more, the Bill of Rights is what i am talking about. It protects those rights that we, as human beings and not corporate stooges, are BORN WITH, as was re-iterated in the Declaration of Independence.

Please refrain from slander, it is so unbecoming of you. Doesn't bother me and is a waste of space, much like yourself.

Ooops, apologize for that last comment, slipped out.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I already have a job. Why should I go do extra work for the government? I give them more than a quarter of my paycheck already. I work for them as a revenue maker.

If they need more manpower to get stuff done, make the welfare bums do it. There's enough of them.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
if you don't want to perform mandatory service join a gang and get gang tattoos all over your body. then snort a whole bunch of coc aine before you do your urine test. if this fails then shoot off your toe or something.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Der Homeland is surrounded by enemies of freedom.. In these perilous times such
as these ever citizen is called upon to Sacrifice for the most noble cause.
Hardship will be meet when you are called upon to put your shoulder to the wheel -
on and on and onward to Victory!
AUSTERITY=PROSPERITY!
stay the course! the light is at the end of the tunnel! freedom isnt free!
Duty Honor Liberty! Freedom is on the March!
report all suspicious activity- our enemies are everywhere..
Homeland Uber Alles!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
For a foreign born CIA asset Soetoro aka obama is really taking this president thing very far indeed. Appointing anti constitutional judges, taking vacation after vacation, living it up while the masses, many of them, suffer under this false left right created paradigm, i mean economy. Good job MSM and officials, in my book, a true american, your all frauds worthy a good ol american spanking, i mean jail time. Treasonous dogs!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

You've done nothing but denigrate military service men and women because of your fear. You mask it with false bravado and small minded rhetoric, but your type will always fall in the end. You are easily the least intelligent person I have read on here so far and that is truly saying something.

Some book spoke truth to you and you believe that others who see truth elsewhere are blind. You are a fool and a coward. You mask it with you small minded slander. Soft little cry babies like you wouldn't make it through the first week of boot camp let alone 4 years of service and knowing this, you make less of those who passed you by long ago. It is a typical psychological reaction for men with less than adequate manhood...just read any psychological journal.

If you can't find the spine or the sack to serve the country, not the government, but the country...and you have got to be the most ignorant person I have had the misfortune of meeting on this site because the bill calls for civil service not military...than you don't belong here, you are a traitor and a coward and your pathetic little words mean nothing to me. You are not really a person to me. The military that you obviously fear and envy so greatly feels the exact same way. Guess you probably keep pretty quiet in public when they are around.

I have actually enjoyed out little back and forth. It completely validates my belief that non military personnel should not be allowed to speak without being spoken too. Read the Constitution, no wait, I meant the Bill of Rights, and the Declaration of Independence. No wait, all of those are doctrines of the Fascist US Corp protected and defended for generations by the military.

The only solid argument that you have presented so far is that you read a book by some guy who said some stuff and it must be true because you think so…sheltered existence or complete and utter lack of reality?..probably both.

And they won’t let me call you the names I would like to. Something about decorum when speaking with overly sensitive PC brats that have never had to do anything buy whine and complain about their small pathetic little lives. Go live in a 3rd world country for a short period. Then come back here and complain. You probably will I just want you to go.

Now wrap yourself back into your fear. Find some book that makes you feel like you are not a coward for not only refusing your obligation to service but makes you feel brave for it and leave the running of the world to more capable men and women who take action upon themselves instead of constantly pointing the finger. If this country is so hard to live in for you leave. Not please, just leave, you don't belong here and there is no room left for the weak and fearful.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by daddio

You've done nothing but denegrate military service men and women because of your fear. You mask it with false bravado and small minded rhetoric, but your type will always fall in the end.

Some book spoke truth to you and you believe that others who see truth elsewhere are blind. You are a fool and a coward. You mask it with you small minded slander. Soft little cry babies like you wouldn't make it through the first week of boot camp let alone 4 years of service.

If you can't find the spine or the sack to serve the country, not the government, but the country...and you have got to be the most ignorant person I have had the misfortune of meeting on this site because the bill calls for civil service not military...than you don't belong here, you are a traitor and a coward and your pathetic little words mean nothing to me. When you war comes you will be among the first to fall if I have to find you and see to it myself.

Now wrap yourself back into your fear. Find some book that makes you feel like you are not a coward for not only refusing your obligation to service but makes you feel brave for it and leave the running of the world to more capable men and women who take action upon themselves instead of constantly pointing the finger. If this country is so hard to live in for you leave. Not please, just leave, you don't belong here and there is no room left for the weak and fearful.

Oddly, your name is what gets me. TheWrongStuff indeed.

I do not live in fear at all, quite the contrary, I know who I am and what I am, I AM the government.

You still make the funniest posts. I am an American, I serve those in my community that deserve it and no one else. I want NOTHING from the "government/corporation", period. I want these elitest pricks to mind their own goddamn business and keep their idiotic noses out of mine.

That's it, real simple. I will help those in need, as I do now, but will not do so under duress or threat.

As for the denegration of those who have served, it is their fault for not knowing the truth and that all war is a front for theft and the needless murder of innocent people, whom you may have been a party to. And yet you justify your existance by that? Wow, is all I can say.

Again, I do not live in any fear of anyone or anything. That is senseless and needless. But you may not understand that and that's okay.

Keep believing in yourself, or should I say selfishness? I believe in myself too as well as in others. I live by the natural law, "do unto others....." THAT is the only true Law of man. But again, you wouldn't know that as the MSM and the Public Fool system has done it's job well.

Peace be with you, stop the hate man, it's not good for you.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Your starting to back off already. The fear in your tone is obvious. Your argument is based only on your unwillingness to admit that you are a coward and your entire life has been spent making less of those around you because you will never be anything more.

"I only serve those who deserve it". "I am the government" Blah blah blah. You are a speck to be blown away in the wind and nobody will have noticed your passing.

I have not seen one single quote on your part from all of the documents that you claim support your beliefs. I say you are as slow of wit as you are of charm and courage. I say you are afraid. I say you have nothing, are nothing and will never amount to anything.

Those who truly love this country, flaws and all, far outnumber the weak and castrated masses that believe that there is some document that they can stand behind that would protect them from the evils of men.

You spout the same nonsense about the public education system and the main stream news I hear every day. I don't pay attention to MSM and I have an advanced college degree, am employed as an IT Consultant for...guess who...Oil companies. An education paid for by my service. But I wouldn't expect you to know anything about that being a menial labor cog with a High School equivalent education and most likely poor bathing habits.

You must have been home schooled, that's why the obvious social defects. You don't seem to be able to accept differing opinions and tend to lump large groups of people into narrowly defined categories in order to simplify your truncated thought process. Sheltered, lonely, probably ugly. Any loser that would actually call themselves daddio without a hint of irony is just a tool.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hah. I should take my own advice sometimes. It is very interesting how much of this details civilian and active reserve service. Something many people already do. I believe that the OP intentionally misrepresented the facts in order to lay false claims of forced service to the President and the Government instead of guaranteeing the nations national security needs in the event of a legally declared war and then the president must also activate these personnel if it is determined that the current armed forces numbers will be inadequate. Something I don't really see happening. So you are all crying over active reserve and essentially local peace corps assignments. This completely validates my claims that you are all very sad people.

This is from:

www.govtrack.us...

SEC. 109. CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTION.

(a) Claims as Conscientious Objector- Nothing in this title shall be construed to require a person to be subject to combatant training and service in the uniformed services, if that person, by reason of sincerely held moral, ethical, or religious beliefs, is conscientiously opposed to participation in war in any form.

(b) Alternative Noncombatant or Civilian Service- A person who claims exemption from combatant training and service under subsection (a) and whose claim is sustained by the local board shall--

(1) be assigned to noncombatant service (as defined by the President), if the person is inducted into the uniformed services; or

(2) be ordered by the local board, if found to be conscientiously opposed to participation in such noncombatant service, to perform national civilian service for the period specified in section 104(a) and subject to such regulations as the President may prescribe.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrongStuff

But let's think about this. I know that servicemen and women have no choice in the matter and I do not blame them (although legally they did volunteer) but, did our national security here really require us to go and destroy Iraq? Grenada? Vietnam?

I don't see that daddio is scared. I see that he's probably as skeptical of the orders you were given as I am.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I reckon i can make up my own mind as to what i'm obliged to do.
that i am given an SS number at birth and taxed till death seems enough.
threatened to conform- toe the line -straighten up- fly right. follow orders.
united we stand- in line. i alway have had a problem recognizing authority.
i must have a vision problem.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oniongrass

It's more about choice than anything. I choose to serve and do something with my life. I knew the dangers and I recognized the hypocrisy, but choose to take action upon my life as opposed to sitting back, entitled, and wait for my rights to fall from the sky to my lap. Those that did not wont ever understand. That being said, that is not what this discussion is about. This discussion is about how the lazy, entitled, spoiled rotten little mooches that quote the Constitution, the Declaration, the Bill of "Rights" when it suits them and otherwise can't be bothered to lift a finger. After a review of this limp, trumped up document it is obvious that pretty much nobody who posted on here read the paper because all it amounts to is suped up locally deployed peace corps service. And yes, he is afraid. You would understand if you could see it from my perspective. I have satisfied myself with the review of this lazy piece of propaganda that never made it off the house floor.

Its quite obvious that those of you who speak on this topic but have never served in the military have a very jaded view of service. To speak bodly of what you obviously don't know is beyond ignorance and to argue with someone who actually has as to the legitimacy of that service and what actually transpired is simply pathetic.

You have willfully chosen to ignore the facts in favor of sensationalist claims based on minimal accounts, daddio chooses to quote a book written by a single embattled general dissatisfied with the atrocities of war.

We go where our country commands because we have sworn before God to do so. Right or wrong I will give my self to my word because that still means something to some people. To do otherwise is a true death. You will never understand because it is not a part of who you are.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

That's a sincere point of view, and I believe it is broadly shared among those in the military services. They do mean to serve. But who are they serving?

I remember around the time of the 1980's there was a lot of talk of "making a difference." It was very important to "make a difference." But doesn't it matter what sort of difference one makes? I regard this as propaganda. In the Gospel of Thomas 42 (left out of the Canon for some reason)

42 Jesus said, "Be passersby."

users.misericordia.edu...

You have sworn to follow orders even if they are wrong. Jesus Christ warned you not to do that within the Canon, Gospel of Matthew 5:34-37:

34But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne: 35Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

These things are not taught in mainstream churches or schools. They represent a doctrine of individual integrity that rings true to me. The military surely doesn't advertise them in their recruiting literature. But I think they represent truth, that should be more widely known.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Books written by men speaking words that reflect upon their own experience. I walk the path before me, not before them. Meditate upon the words of wise men but do not make their words doctrine. That is when faith is corrupted to religon and men confuse the path they walk with the destination.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm thinking of moving to Canada.....

Anyone care to join me???

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

I'm too old, kids still too young, and it's too cold. But thanks for asking. Since I skate by, the US can't get rid of me so easily!

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Why not meditate on the words of your commanding officer, and see whether his words or those we read in the Gospels from Jesus Christ make more sense?

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

ahh. I get it. Bible thumper. Religon is submission; not really my thing. Before you get started, I was brought up in a deeply religous family and am well aware of the probable stance you are about to take.

Religon, in my not evenly remotely humble opinion, is what got us to this ridiculous place to begin with. I dont confuse faith with religon, but this is a discussion for another topic.

Let me try this from another approach. I, like many, many service members, find this resolution extremely funny. They have no respect for you. They will become violent if you don't show what they determine to be an acceptable level of respect...trust me.

Most who serve come from middle, and especially working and lower class families. It is a way out and a way up. Sometimes it is the only way. I dont care about your argument as to why this is; it is the way that it is. They do this to the tune of ridicule from their own country men. They grind through the mud just to bleed and die in foreign lands. All for about a buck fifty an hour. The average age of an enlisted person is 19. That's who you are ripping on. Keep that in mind when you get all self righteous. They serve to elevate themselves and their families. In many cases their entire communities. So many of them and so few of you can claim the same honor. This is the respect that you show them and you cant figure out why they haven't a care in the world for you or yours. Pathetic.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

... Most who serve come from middle, and especially working and lower class families. It is a way out and a way up. Sometimes it is the only way. I dont care about your argument as to why this is; it is the way that it is. They do this to the tune of ridicule from their own country men. They grind through the mud just to bleed and die in foreign lands. All for about a buck fifty an hour. The average age of an enlisted person is 19. That's who you are ripping on. Keep that in mind when you get all self righteous. They serve to elevate themselves and their families. In many cases their entire communities. So many of them and so few of you can claim the same honor. This is the respect that you show them and you cant figure out why they haven't a care in the world for you or yours. Pathetic.

I came from a middle class family. Many in the military did not have the opportunities or abilities I had.

I've read that the new recruiting slogan, in this dead economy, will be "Hungry?" What you say is 100% true, people are driven to the military because there is little else. That is very unfortunate, and it could be argued that any resulting military oaths were taken under duress -- no matter what one had to say or write at the time. And indeed we hear other stories of our military getting things like confessions under duress (threat of rape, sexual abuse), then using them in trials. It's a perverted system.

As I said I do not blame the servicemen and women even though legally they volunteered. I had this problem in mind when I wrote that. They may have "volunteered" because they had little choice economically, as well as having been brainwashed in some ways I have tried to illuminate.

I respect what you have done and that you have made reasonable decisions given circumstances and information. I do not blame you for anything, and believe me I do blame some people for lots of things. But that does not mean I have to agree with everything you did or think you should continue to act without some information I think is relevant.

And if you're from a background of organized religion, I daresay it's that much harder for you to read the Bible with a clear mind. Those churches tend to pick and choose. Did you spend much time in church on the passages I mentioned? No I thought not. More brainwashing. And in both the old and new testaments there are warnings about that too. That praying is to be done in booths (OT) or the closet (NT) rather than in public in a group.

There is no ridicule in what I wrote. If the military has made you believe there is, it's another brainwashing. Put yourself in my shoes. How could I, as a civilian, help? By supporting your chain of command when I think they are not doing right by you?

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join