It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.R. 5741: Mandatory 2 year Service to Federal Government

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Google Video Link

Yeah, no equivalent type rhetoric here.

Ever see any of the videos where someone asks Obama an actual question? Chanted down by frelling sycophants.

Obama WORKS for US, not the power elite. We need to take back our power, our freedom, our God given right to LIBERTY.

Here is what should be playing on every television in America.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
if this bill passes, i'll just go into the army and do a REALLY half assed job, screw it, it will be a two year long vacation if I'm not kicked out before hand.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

In the Michigan school district I live High Schoolers are required to do 40 hours community service to graduate, on their own time. This has been in place since 1997. This should also be elective, or give credits or make it part of the curriculum, like field work in Sociology.
I think it is good for young people to give to the community, it fosters self-esteem and, and helps them to be informed about the community, gives them a sense of community, and actually makes them aware of the suffering of others.
If in fact this was part of the school curriculum it may be helpful for the future for everyone.
But in a free society, I don't believe in forcing anyone to do community service.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
We are nowhere near where Germany was prior to the rise of The Riech as we now and today have one benefit that those poor people did not :

The Information Superhigway - World Wide Web!

If the www did not exist alot more things could've gotten passed through with as much as a peep.

Please for the sake of the nation let us not be at one another's throats. We will always have the power because Lady Liberty's Torch is bright tonight!

Germany was used as an example. It is awfully easy, though, to see all of these laws passing hidden inside of countless bills adding up to the framework for tyranny. Sure, it's easy to laugh it all off, and say no one would ever do that here in America. Well, I bet if some dead Presidents came back to life, they'd be amazed at some of the laws we've passed today, which take away rights that they enjoyed in the past.

Yeah, it's extreme to equate the law with Nazi Germany...but I feel that this law is extreme in it's neutering of free will. I don't ask the government for hand outs, all I ask it to do is defend the country I live in, and protect a peaceful society. They are more than capable of doing that with the taxes they take from my hard earned salary. So, why should the government ask me to serve when I disagree with the majority of it's politicians in Washington, D.C.?

If some of you want to live in a society that controls what you do, and when you do it, then more power to you. If you want to support a government that prints money with no value, terrorizes it's own citizens with it's own government organizations (I'll name just one, CIA), utilizes perpetual war and colonialism to further it's own secret power plays, taxes it's citizens beyond what is necessary to function in the capacity it was created by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and hides technology and advancements in research for the military industrial complex, then do so.

I don't have any problem telling you that I do not care about that government. I care about my family, and whether or not my local government can protect them, and me. That is all, and that is all I ever expect.

It's not as if the government has been providing most of the advancements in society...it is a free society that has been doing that. The government is there to protect that society, and it's advancements, not mold or control them.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Yog-Sothoth

Yeah, it's extreme to equate the law with Nazi Germany...but I feel that this law is extreme in it's neutering of free will.

Just a correction for you, this is a bill, not a law. (yet) It has not been signed, it hasn't even gotten out of committee yet.

Horse before the cart y'all.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Geesh, it's the Nazi's all over again. Truth, Love and True Light. And Keep The Faith. Maya

reply to post by SWCCFAN

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrongStuff
reply to post by daddio

your logic is unsound, your "educational" posts highly suspect; littered with fear, hate, and discontent...something that, i submit, you would have the tools to deal with had you ever served in any capacity.

but you have really started to bore me. burning the koran will not make any difference and the fact that you feel the need to lower yourself to such an act only underscores my opinion that your genitals strongly resemble an anatomically correct barbie doll.

your opinion does not matter to me in the slightest. you have not served and so are not really a person to me. just another immigrant mooching off of true americans.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by TheWrongStuff]

"burning the koran will not make any difference and the fact that you feel the need to lower yourself to such an act"

WHERE IN THE HEII did I state that? Are you insane?

Never said that. You, again, are so funny. I can only laugh at the ignorance with which you post. You obvious ly know nothing about the founding of this nation, you must have never read the constitution or any religious texts. It is sad that people lik eyou post the rhetoric you do here.

Once again, military personel DO NOT serve the "people" of America, but the Corporation of the United States.

Smedley D. Butler

Please do some research.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
28 pages and still no "HOAX" title....darn.

Ironically, if you look at last summer's threads about Obama and his "call to service" for citizens then, you will find many ATS members that all said the same things as being said in this thread. Unfortunately, we were called every name in the book. Rather, we should have just been called psychic.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I understood that this bill had no legs before posting, but what bothered me
was the opinion of some posters in favor of mandatory community service.
We've been on a slippery slope since before mandatory seatbelt use
was introduced and embraced by the populace. Good idea or not, once you
start down this path it is hard to turn around. And
tyranny is the final destination.

Anyway...not a hoax. Maybe alot of hot air though

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
reply to post by lpowell0627

I understood that this bill had no legs before posting, but what bothered me
was the opinion of some posters in favor of mandatory community service.
We've been on a slippery slope since before mandatory seatbelt use
was introduced and embraced by the populace. Good idea or not, once you
start down this path it is hard to turn around. And
tyranny is the final destination.

Anyway...not a hoax. Maybe alot of hot air though

Exactly the point. People do not realize that......God/Nature created man.......then man decided one day to create something by which all men could deal in commerce without getting screwed over, and so "government" was born out of that. But "government" was created by man NOT to enslave him, but to deal in commerce with other States, Countries or religious or ethnic cultures.

What is so hard to comprehend here? You don't NEED to wear a seat belt any more than you need to wear a helmet, IT is YOUR life and YOUR property, and you may use it, and dispose of it, any way YOU see fit so long as you harm no one, damage no one elses property or violate their rights to exist or be happy. "American Jurisprudence", anyone else ever read it?

This thread is a hoax and the people in FAVOR of mandatory service are nothing more than brainwashed schills FOR the shadow "government/corporation".

[edit on 2-8-2010 by daddio]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I still believe at this point we could hang the ones guilty for international treason, avoid bloodshed later. We bust drug dealers with lots of money and guards, attack and occupy other countries and stuff; I think once the military, being sworn to protect the Constitution, realizes that there have been so many dirty deeds, tricky lawyering and direct subversions/illegal amendments to the Constitution that they would have no choice but to arrest the conspirators immediately, right? I think the military could handle it too, we've been spending lots on that so we could build things like pipelines and stuff in other countries, ignore genocide in places like Dafur and Rwanda and pull out of places like Somalia.

Heck we could turn the Patriot Act around on the racketeers, deem them terrorists and deny them their habeas corpus rights detaining them as long as we feel like, while confiscating their 97 years of ill gotten gains to return to the people and put something tangible back in Ft. Knox.

Bam, simple, problem solved!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
We are nowhere near where Germany was prior to the rise of The Riech as we now and today have one benefit that those poor people did not :

The Information Superhigway - World Wide Web!

If the www did not exist alot more things could've gotten passed through with as much as a peep.

Please for the sake of the nation let us not be at one another's throats. We will always have the power because Lady Liberty's Torch is bright tonight!

Germany was used as an example. It is awfully easy, though, to see all of these laws passing hidden inside of countless bills adding up to the framework for tyranny. Sure, it's easy to laugh it all off, and say no one would ever do that here in America. Well, I bet if some dead Presidents came back to life, they'd be amazed at some of the laws we've passed today, which take away rights that they enjoyed in the past.

Yeah, it's extreme to equate the law with Nazi Germany...but I feel that this law is extreme in it's neutering of free will. I don't ask the government for hand outs, all I ask it to do is defend the country I live in, and protect a peaceful society. They are more than capable of doing that with the taxes they take from my hard earned salary. So, why should the government ask me to serve when I disagree with the majority of it's politicians in Washington, D.C.?

If some of you want to live in a society that controls what you do, and when you do it, then more power to you. If you want to support a government that prints money with no value, terrorizes it's own citizens with it's own government organizations (I'll name just one, CIA), utilizes perpetual war and colonialism to further it's own secret power plays, taxes it's citizens beyond what is necessary to function in the capacity it was created by the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and hides technology and advancements in research for the military industrial complex, then do so.

I don't have any problem telling you that I do not care about that government. I care about my family, and whether or not my local government can protect them, and me. That is all, and that is all I ever expect.

It's not as if the government has been providing most of the advancements in society...it is a free society that has been doing that. The government is there to protect that society, and it's advancements, not mold or control them.

Yog,

The comparison was to mention how tech itself has evolved in such a way as it alone has the power to bring the entire system to it's knees whle doing relatively next to no actual work. My push was that if it werent for things like the web that we would've been under a dominat dictatorship as we were only under a Defacto under 43 from Sept 01 - Jan 09 you know, Mr. Bush?

Govt's purpose in this case may be to mold the person into a respectful American that all can look up to. Kind of like The Armed Services, Intelligience, Law Enforcement, Civil Defense (where this new force will fall under). Who knows?, perhaps you'll make something of yourself and do for others instead of doing for oneself. I do't know.

endisnighe,

This is not a takover via violence as anyone caught engaging in acts against our nation are to be reported at once.

Thanks to you hero Dubya we were under a dictatorship from Sept 01 - Jan 09 and no one said yap over it as each and everyone who he had under his spell said not a peep but have the audacity to try and complain now that you know the people are actually being taken care of now. My, my, how vicious have we gotten? Wow, when did Obama have the time to kill the nation's economy, get us involved with 2 wars, get us even more hated around the world? Don't even get me started about the Barbie doll!

I care not for the "Left-v-Right" paradigm as once you do everyone loses.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

You may fight back, but it is unlikely that any shots will be fired by anyone [else].
About 16 years ago, people were up in arms over "Hillarycare." Now, we have socialized medical insurance [NOT socialized healthcare, since our health is the FURTHEST thing from our rulers' desires] thanks to "Obamacare."
About the same time, people were up in arms over having a National I.D. Now, we do have that thanks to the standardization of drivers' licenses and mega-databases.
It is not a matter of "if" H.R. 5741 will be passed, but "when" a similar bill will be passed.
Moreover, a Slavery Bill was PASSED MANY years ago. Now, EVERY adult has to work MANY MONTHS of EACH AND EVERY YEAR for the REST OF THEIR PRODUCTIVE LIVES for the government. It is called "taxation."
This is the way the world ends / This is the way the world ends / This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang but a whimper.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted the reply to the wrong person. doesn't really matter though, the context is the same. you keep blah, blah, blahing about research and the constitution or religious texts, but you don't grasp the basic concept that your "rights" are imaginary just like anything else. trust is earned, respect is given and rights are protected...they are protected because the big bad scary man can come and take them from you anytime they want because you are too weak to hold onto them. face facts, you don't oppose this on any religious stance, this isn't a rights issue because you have none and should probably have the remainder removed as well just to get you back on track. you are entitled to squat in this life. the government can reinstitute the draft fairly quickly w/o any additional legislation so i know this isn't some preconceived argument to defend your cowardice. you are not a conscientious objector so much as a cry baby. your issue is being told to work...probably just having to work in general...which is ultimately the only point. this country used to be full of workers, people who threw responsibility onto their shoulders and soldiered on like men. now we have you...perhaps it’s time to remove the notion of rights to get rid of the soft and pathetic among us that are blocking up the evolution of the species.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrongStuff
reply to post by daddio

posted the reply to the wrong person. doesn't really matter though, the context is the same. you keep blah, blah, blahing about research and the constitution or religious texts, but you don't grasp the basic concept that your "rights" are imaginary just like anything else. trust is earned, respect is given and rights are protected...they are protected because the big bad scary man can come and take them from you anytime they want because you are too weak to hold onto them. face facts, you don't oppose this on any religious stance, this isn't a rights issue because you have none and should probably have the remainder removed as well just to get you back on track. you are entitled to squat in this life. the government can reinstitute the draft fairly quickly w/o any additional legislation so i know this isn't some preconceived argument to defend your cowardice. you are not a conscientious objector so much as a cry baby. your issue is being told to work...probably just having to work in general...which is ultimately the only point. this country used to be full of workers, people who threw responsibility onto their shoulders and soldiered on like men. now we have you...perhaps it’s time to remove the notion of rights to get rid of the soft and pathetic among us that are blocking up the evolution of the species.

All I can say is man you really make me laugh!!!! Calling me names, thinking I am weak and lazy. Too Funny!!! I am a certified welder, work 40 to 60 hours a week, what do you do? I know my rights and have NONE of them taken away.

Prove up your claim!!!! You see, the "government" can't. Explain to ME........WHO IS THE GOVERNMENT?

You don't even know. THAT is what is soooooo funny. You are far more ignorant than anyone on ATS.
Come on.......WHO is the "government"?

"IT", the government, is a corporate fiction, as are you. YOU are a corporate employee, that is why you pay "federal income" taxes. The "corporate/government" can only make company policy, they can MAKE NOW LAW legislating TO the people. So the policy DOES NOT apply to me, as I am not a part of the corporation.

What don't you get? Ever read the Decleration of Independence? I bet not. Ever study the "corporate contract" which is the Constitution? Bet not.

The Constitution does not apply to me, the Bill of Rights merely protects those natural rights that all humans are born with. Why don't you read ProtoplasmicTravelers thread below and get back to me. He has laid it out quite well. It is people like you who are the problem, I and many others are the solution.

In case you want a bit more info on the corporate contract, this was written by a Judge........

www.rumormillnews.com...

Keep us laughin' with your BS.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by daddio]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Perhaps you misunderstood me or I did not explain myself well enough. Just the same, I stick to my guns and won't waiver from my stance on it. I have indeed served my nation of my own choice without being told and am proud of that choice and experiences. Thank you for your input. Now you have been told.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And how will they force an entire nation or that between 18 - 42 to comply.

And I reckon a good portion of them would be unfit for this type of slave labor.

Well lets sit back and watch the madness ensue.

What will this Idiot think of next. Maybe the US could ask all parents to have one extra kid and hand it over to the gov at birth so it can be trained as a Super Soldier. A never ending supply of Military pawns.

How did this comedian Make it into the WHITE house.

On the upside this shows the Progress America has made in 200 years.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
For all those that understand what Communism and Fascism entail when it relates to the masses , this mandatory 2 yr period of service are the new "re-education camps". At such places, the federal government is going to profile, assess, and determine where most everyone stands in respect to supporting the current administration and many things important to the NWO crowd. They will no doubt be actively looking for "anyone" that is belligerent, lazy, resistant to orders and instruction and who poses a threat to any future plans or activity involving the federal govt.

It will be at such mandatory government training facilities that I personally feel many youth will never ever leave once admitted for training. Once the federal government discovers and databases who the trouble makers are, they will begin a final solution to address their immediate future. Those that finally make the grade, will go to work, I have no doubt that the trouble makers will never live to trouble anyone unless they are transferred to prison labor camps. It stands to reason anyone not being transferred will be disposed of so as to make an example for the rest.

Being totally dependent on food, shelter and training from the federal govt. is exactly what the govt. wants. Once under full control, they can do pretty much what they want without anyone knowing.

Such camps can be turned into prison labor camps if indeed. If you don't graduate with your new found ideologies embraced for life, I suspect there will be no future life.

It is sad to see such measures taken in the name of benefiting society but anyone that can see what is happening understands that once the youth are required to report, it will begin a process that most will not know anything about. In such centers, the govt. will use such control to identify and deal with anyone that graduates to the top of the class while promoting the Constitution and or any real liberties and freedoms.

Such a HR bill is a travesty, not because of a forced requirement to serve your nation, but because of the hidden agendas that are inside the overall plan being sold to the nation.

There will be much more about this in the future. Let's hope that calmer and more intelligent minds rule the day. If not, then we are going to learn that these training centers are actually re-education centers that you either graduate from or you never return from.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sassyncute
And how will they force an entire nation or that between 18 - 42 to comply.

And I reckon a good portion of them would be unfit for this type of slave labor.

Well lets sit back and watch the madness ensue.

What will this Idiot think of next. Maybe the US could ask all parents to have one extra kid and hand it over to the gov at birth so it can be trained as a Super Soldier. A never ending supply of Military pawns.

How did this comedian Make it into the WHITE house.

On the upside this shows the Progress America has made in 200 years.

Exactly, that's why I stated in my initial post that if it was done right and people's wishes were honored then I would have no problem with it. If someone objects to service then that right should be honored, if someone prefers civilian service over military service or vice versa but still wants to serve then they should be granted that right. This would mean that legally they can cal upon people in a time of emergency or requirement and screen citizens and let the citizens choose if they want to serve and how they want to serve. The government would be quite surprised how many would volunteer under such truly fair and free circumstances. Anything else is simply the government self entitling itself to forcing citizens to do what it wants and removes the freedoms of the people to choose. In a perfect world it would work if it was done the way I notated but then this is not a perfect world, hence why I have always been against the draft or any form or implication of such.

I feel that all Americans are entitled to the opportunity to serve there nation and to receive proper training in which to do so if they so choose to do so of there own free will.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

All very valid points of view and genuine concern. It may seem paranoid to many but history has shown that this can and will happen if there are not proper intentions and check s and balances in place. Thanks for pointing it out.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join