It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you an ATS spy?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Mods I wasn't sure where to place this, You know what to do, thanks.

How many government spies use ATS?
Have you ever wondered who you may be sharing your political views with?

I have something I want to start a thread about but my concern is that it may be misconstrued as a potential act of terrorism.

These days a person can’t be to careful on the internet. The days of web ID theft and spamming are problems of the past. The big concern in my opinion is local area spies.

Those who have been ordained by government to come on to various blog sites, forums and chat rooms to disseminate government propaganda and conversely take your posts and threads back to big brother for analysis.

I would like to get the opinion of a variety of ATS posters on how many potential government hacks troll around on this website.

These days every swinging *BLANK* in Washington is on a lets get the terrorists kick, and unfortunately WE THE PEOPLE fit the bill.
Today it isn’t anything to accuse 80 year old Jane “every woman” as being affiliated with the newest immortal Islamic terrorist threat, be they real or imaginary.

What’s more, with news like the police using Facbook to catch criminals and Google spies analyzing your search patterns, its understandable that a person should be paranoid; Especially when venting your aggravation against phony baloney politics, and unscrupulous officials is considered a thought crime to a degree.

I currently reside outside the United States now but I am a naturally born American citizen, in fact you could even call me a bitter clinger.

Recently I received an Email from my dad about some outlandish government BS; we often talk about this stuff. At any rate I found my self hitting my limit with the criminals in power and wanted to make a WRITTEN statement.
It is a statement I would like to make here on ATS but my concern with the American Gestapo is that they will take it as a threat of terror, when I guess you could say it is more allegorical to some degree.

I just have this gut feeling however that as soon as I post it some government blowhard is going to flip smooth out and claim Al-Qaeda is invading ATS. I mean these mental midgets just shut down 73,000 bloggers because they found something suspect in one of them.
See this link though you already know.
www.webpronews.com...

That was unfair to everyone else; because I think it was merely an excuse to shut down the internet.

Like the Christmas day bomber was used to put full body scanners into airports, I believe they may use a similar threat for shutting down the internet. ATS is a rather large target I would think. I for one certainly don’t want to be responsible for shutting it down because of a post that the government found to be suspect when in fact it was harmless.

What I have to say has absolutely nothing to do with Islam, and so I may be cast into “home grown terror”. It might be violent, thought that’s entirely up for debate, it is after all a crazy time to be alive.
What it is NOT, is a hit list, or instructions for creating weapons.
Once again for all the spies out there….IT IS NOT.

It may be considered breaking the law but more over it may not even be taken seriously.

The point and main focus of this particular thread however is to determine by reason of past events and future plans by big brother, if it would otherwise be safe for me to post what I have to say.

I like to think of myself as the unknown resident ATS complainer, since my threads rarely offer any true insight into anything and are more of a method for venting.

Tell me watcha think ATS, Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by snowen20]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
ATSers are intelligent and the mods are very diligent. Post it and if its out of line I am certain the mods will remove it so ATS will not be harmed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

When on ATS I assume it can have spies or officials from all over the world observing HEY EVEN E.TS LOL.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I’m aware this thread and its question may seem ridiculous to the average ATSer.
I have to ask the questions anyway.

The threat isn’t just to ATS, but also to me. I don’t want to get kicked off for something stupid, though I think I have seen far more offensive and threatening material here on ATS before.

So what the hell, I guess Ill go ahead and post my opinion and see what folks have to say. If this thread is any indicator as to the responses I may get, I have literally nothing to fear.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It is actually harder than you would believe to be considered a terrorist if you were born in this country and never ever had a passport. Spies? Yes, they are everywhere, including here.

Honestly, though, what are we really afraid of? My computer has already been spied on. I am not in jail which would actually be a blessing in disguise ( 3 squares, shelter and clothing) and I am not dead, which would be another blessing if I believed in some kind of ethereal afterlife. Nope! Stuck here while every keystroke is being monitered.

What it came down for me is a question of what secrets am I willing to die for to protect. I came up with nothing that dead is worth. Now I save them the trouble of trying to spy on me and I started to send all my opinions and ideas direct to the whitehouse. I got figured out on an automatic link of some kind between my computer, facebook, and the site I was discussing a political decision while using an anomymous user ID.

What the heck, why not make it easier for the poor devils? After I found out what was happening on one of my computers, I don't link all my comuters to the internet spy network, but I do send the whitehouse a summary of my discussions. What do you do to fight the invasion of the unidentified spies?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
[spyhide] There are spies on ATS, however they're very hard to detect and even if you do figure them out, they'll just use the "flashy thingy" on you and you won't remember it. [/spyhide]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by peggy m

Disagree with just a minor point...there are plenty of categorization of in-country terrorism and terrorists. But I think you were probably referring to the terrorists du jour...the ones we've all been conditioned to equate to terrorism?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You're a spy.

Spy is not quite the right word for what I've seen here over the years. It would be more in the line of propagandists. Remember the influx of Chinese posters during their Olympics? That's just one example. There are others of course.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
dada daaa daaa dada daaa daaa(mission impossible song )
this message will self destruct in 15 seconds

Ya just never know,...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You're a spy.

Spy is not quite the right word for what I've seen here over the years. It would be more in the line of propagandists. Remember the influx of Chinese posters during their Olympics? That's just one example. There are others of course.

and of course the influx of Israeli's after the flotilla event.

That was crazy

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
and of course the influx of Israeli's after the flotilla event.

That was crazy

Weeelllllllllll, I wasn't going to go there but seeing as you mentioned it.....

Edit to add: Be on the lookout for political cronies showing up before Nov.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Okay, just one example, as to why your concerns about an "ATS Spy" are moot.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Echelon (Signals Intelligence

ECHELON is a name used in global media and in popular culture to describe a signals intelligence (SIGINT) collection and analysis network operated on behalf of the five signatory states to the UK–USA Security Agreement (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, known as AUSCANZUKUS).

It has also been described as the only software system which controls the download and dissemination of the intercept of commercial satellite trunk communications.

And of course our counterpart working in tandem with Echelon.

Quote from : Wikipedia : R.A.F. Menwith Hill

RAF Menwith Hill is a Royal Air Force station near Harrogate, North Yorkshire which provides communications and intelligence support services to the United Kingdom and the United States of America.

The site contains an extensive satellite ground station and is a communications intercept and missile warning site and has been described as the largest electronic monitoring station in the world.

So, what were you saying again, about "ATS Spies"?

Pretty much anyone you say anything to, on ATS is monitored, anything you plan, on ATS is monitored, not specifically by the ATS Administration, but through Internet protocols, after all, this is a message board, a place where people talk.

The search for keywords runs through computer programs so everything is seen.

Is the act you're considering violent?

It will be stopped or used through denial towards pushing an agenda Government has in mind.

Is the act you're considering containing weapons of any kind?

It will be stopped or used through denial towards pushing an agenda Government has in mind.

Is the act you're considering in any way operating on a level to actually impact the world?

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995a50b011c3.jpg[/atsimg]

Partial Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency.

Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

If what you're planning, thinking about, or considering is non-conducive towards America, and you're an American citizen, overseas, your biggest concern now is rendition.

Ghost Plane: The True Story of the CIA Rendition and Torture Program

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83902a040560.jpg[/atsimg]

Partial Amazon Review :

On June 10th, 2002, Attorney General John Ashcroft announced that the US had captured a known terrorist who was exploring a plan to explode a "dirty bomb" on American soil.

That alleged terrorist was José Padilla who was finally charged in 2005 with conspiracy to murder.

What Ashcroft didn't talk about was how information against him was obtained – by the relentless torture of one man-- Binyam Mohamed, in the name of the United States.

Arrested at Karachi Airport before Padilla’s arrest on April 10, 2002, Mohamed was put on a luxury executive jet and flown to an interrogation center in Morocco.

For over 18 months, he was subjected to one torture after another:

Beating followed beating and, then, his guards produced razor blades and began to split the skin all over his body, including on his genitals.

So, what exactly was your point again, because ultimately it is moot?

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by peggy m

Honestly, though, what are we really afraid of?

I'm a conspiracy theorist peggy, that means I'm afraid of everything.
Rather skeptical of everything.

Point well received however thank you.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I'm aware of these things, I appreciate your post thank you.

I just feel the U.S. Government is looking for people to make an example of, so like was mentioned they can push an agenda.

Becoming a fall guy for the government isn’t what I call a good time. Especially considering that my family wife and child are living here in this country, and I’m from the U.S. I wouldn’t want to be taken away from them and detained in the states.

When I say detained I don’t necessarily mean imprisoned in a facility. I merely refer to being placed on a no fly list or something seemingly minuscule in the larger scope of things.

I was given a hard time by the feds when I was in the Army because of where I currently live. According to them I was questioned because of my time spent near a known Islamic terrorist group.

Later, I was given guff when I was asking questions about why they were taking a photo of me and the license plate of my vehicle when at a tea party rally.

I was given a CRAP load of guff from a customs officer who basically threatened me with potential imprisonment, for telling her she was wrong about an issue of which she knew little about. She and her cohorts detained me for nearly 4 hours in Michigan back in early 2002 under the presumption that I was one of two things, a terrorist from a country known for harboring, and secondly a possible drug smuggler. So WTH??

There have been other various run in with people such as these for what I can only suspect is my strong stance against current politics.

For these reasons I have become increasingly paranoid and even concerned

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
How many government spies use ATS?
Have you ever wondered who you may be sharing your political views with?

I assume that when I'm sharing my views on ATS, I'm sharing them with the millions of people who look at the site, as well as various search engine and other bots.

ATS is a public message board, so I post accordingly. I assume that there is at least some level of monitoring done by government agencies or contractors, and other interested parties (evidence: the ACLU report a while back that included excerpts from ATS posts).

Those who have been ordained by government to come on to various blog sites, forums and chat rooms to disseminate government propaganda and conversely take your posts and threads back to big brother for analysis.

I don't understand the concern about "bringing ... posts and thread back to big brother ..." because as I said it's a public board. One of the draws of posting on ATS, not so much for me but for many, is that it provides a platform to get your words out to a large audience. Big brother doesn't have to participate or even sign in to have access to whatever you post here -- you have voluntarily put it out on the internet to be read by anyone interested, indexed by Google, and preserved in the WayBack Machine.

Government or other agents disseminating propaganda on ATS is another issue. I know it happens, but to some extent I see it as just part of what happens here. We import our own propaganda via links to external sources be they mainstream media or alternative web sites, and we discuss and dissect it.

Most of the cases of organized propagandizing I've seen here occur in reaction to an event rather than as a more general pattern (like the instances already mentioned in this thread). On occasion I've seen the board admin give interesting and pertinent information about spikes in activity (like when SkepticOverlord let us know how popular ATS seemed to be at the Republican National Convention I think it was).

Basically, I take it as further evidence that you can't just believe anything you read, you should look for motivation and spin and determine how that's affected the information.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

everyone seems to forget about echelon...

we've known about it for how long now?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm aware of these things, I appreciate your post thank you.

No problem.

I just feel the U.S. Government is looking for people to make an example of, so like was mentioned they can push an agenda.

Of course they are, part of their plans, at any given time is to find a "problem".

Government, take your pick of which one, is always looking for a boogeyman, someone to point out, as a prime example of what not to do or who not to be.

I will link you a few of my threads, speaking specifically about those types of things.

If you want me to, just let me know in your reply to this post.

Becoming a fall guy for the government isn’t what I call a good time. Especially considering that my family wife and child are living here in this country, and I’m from the U.S. I wouldn’t want to be taken away from them and detained in the states.

No, I'm sure it is not, anyone stupid enough to do it always gets killed.

Eventually.

Whether by lethal injection, life imprisonment on death row, or in a hail of bullets.

Rendition is not scary at all if you know how to think though.

And if you're truly concerned about your family, it means a few things, to me at least.

1) You're not prepared in any way.

No offense meant there at all, but committing to action, means preparation.

2) Your family is a liability to you in many ways.

Again, no offense mean to you, but family either slows you down, gets you locked into needing to protect them, or will get you killed, in many ways.

3) You are not a real threat.

Still, no offense meant, it means you're tired of the way things are, like everyone else, but to actually act, you would have to change your life too much.

At least in the way you're referencing from the original post to now.

There are all sorts of ways of changing things, but do it intelligently, and do not hurt anyone, including yourself in the process, that is quite silly and ignorant.

Nothing there is directed specifically at you but my opinion of those who do not think.

Actions have repercussions, not always benevolent, not always detrimental.

It of course depends on how it is pulled off, the audience, and the World Stage.

When I say detained I don’t necessarily mean imprisoned in a facility. I merely refer to being placed on a no fly list or something seemingly minuscule in the larger scope of things.

The no-fly list might be a minor inconvenience, more than a threat.

That's your perception of course.

I see it as a mild nuisance.

Not that I'm on the no-fly list, I'm not, but I would just drive or go by boat.

Or any other route of pre-planned travel I have in mind.

I was given a hard time by the feds when I was in the Army because of where I currently live. According to them I was questioned because of my time spent near a known Islamic terrorist group.

I'm going to assume it is in the Middle East, Europe, or Asia.

Probably the first more so than the last two.

The "Fed's" you say?

Are you referring to the F.B.I. harassing you or just Drill Sergeants?

Or your background check?

Later, I was given guff when I was asking questions about why they were taking a photo of me and the license plate of my vehicle when at a tea party rally.

Yeah, well the Tea Party was infiltrated, by Agent Provocateurs.

The moment it was even considered.

It never had a chance due to their lack of knowledge about Agent Provocateurs.

As well as amateur leadership, non-existent political influence, and a lack of unity.

The Agent Provocateurs had a hay-day with it because it was already divided.

Easy prey for the meat-eating carnivores through deniable action.

I was given a CRAP load of guff from a customs officer who basically threatened me with potential imprisonment, for telling her she was wrong about an issue of which she knew little about. She and her cohorts detained me for nearly 4 hours in Michigan back in early 2002 under the presumption that I was one of two things, a terrorist from a country known for harboring, and secondly a possible drug smuggler. So WTH??

Okay, so you embarrassed her, by showing how incompetent she was at her job.

And you can control whether you are detained or not.

And just because you know things about Government, does not necessarily mean it is wise to show all of your cards, because discretion is the better part of valor.

Wisdom is to know things, yet know when to speak, and when to keep silent.

There have been other various run in with people such as these for what I can only suspect is my strong stance against current politics.

For these reasons I have become increasingly paranoid and even concerned

Okay, I would need more specifics, before I even comment about that last part.

First, let me say though, unless you are saber-rattling towards violence, posturing you will do something extreme, or actually buying weapons and stockpiling, you have less to worry about than you think, however by seeing what you wrote I can safely say I bet you're being followed more than you've specified.

And as well I bet I know a lot about what you're going through due to knowing how Government works, knowing how different agencies work, and as well being intelligent.

If you're willing to talk more so am I.

Everything I will tell you though will lead you towards peaceful change.

It will as well lead you to many more questions about yourself, for you.

And finally, it might actually make you see, there are other people out there.

Going through many of the same things as you are.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravykraken

everyone seems to forget about echelon...

we've known about it for how long now?

Well, I cannot speak for you, but I've known about it for 31 years now.

Since I was 6 years old.

My Vietnam era former-Marine stepfather taught me all about it.

It is fallible of course due to it being technology, human interface, and context not being examined by those examining detailed logs of information processed.

In my estimation, it is useless, because human error allows for too much ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

And the influx of pro-BP-ers during the leak, and the influx of anti-Wikileakers recently.

And I also am dreading the influx of political propagandists soon.

*sigh*

Its a battle for "hearts and minds," they keep telling us. And the propaganda machine sure does demonstrate that.

I do think that in addition to the seasonal floods of propagandists, there are certainly just flat out spooks that monitor sites like ATS.

Kinda makes you wonder if someone shouldnt start a thread asking how many of us here are NOT on the payroll of some organization.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Please link to your threads Id liketo view them.

As for your questions lets see..

I take no Offense to the items you mention regarding my ill preparedness.
I’m sure it is true; however part of the open statement had to do with giving up your family and walking away from the people you love knowing that you will most likely be imprisoned or die. I would be willing to do it. Does thatmake me more prepared? I doubt it. No offense taken.

The NO FLY list.

Once again I agree with you on this being a minor inconvenience, I was more or less referring to being unable to leave the country, for that I suspect you would have to be a felon anyway. Sorry I should have been more clear on that.

I am in one of the countries you mentioned correct.

When I say Feds, I suppose they were FBI, lol no not my drill Sgt.
I did have a background check, but beyond that for about a year I was always having these people calling me in to my captains office, so much in fact that my 1st Sgt was getting tired of it. Apparently I said some things that raised some suspicion in how I managed to make a living over seas.

Regarding the customs officer, heres the deal with that.
She was allowing dozens of people through without even requesting to see a passport, and she came to me, and asked so I let her see it.

The common questions are: what did you do over there, and what not.
I answered and said, I ran a business dealing with graphic design. Completely fraudulent of course but she had no way of knowing.
Her response was, “why didn’t you get a real job?” To which I replied, “Because I couldn’t, I didn’t have a status for such employment.” She utterly denied that and found several other ways to insult me. The clincher came when I crossed my arms in front of her, A typical defensive posture. In addition to that I had lived over seas so long that I was having difficulty speaking clear English. All this mean I was going to be hassled.

“First, let me say though, unless you are saber-rattling towards violence, posturing you will do something extreme, or actually buying weapons and stockpiling, you have less to worry about than you think, however by seeing what you wrote I can safely say I bet you're being followed more than you've specified.”

Well It may be radical, and it could lead to violence, and it could lead to the other things you mentioned as well.
Honestly though that’s not what it is for, and I think upon posting it will become quite clear. Like I said, I’m probably making a mountain out of a mole hill.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join