It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition to the Ground Zero Mosque heats up.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The Mosque is two blocks away, not at ground zero. Everyone who opposes this Mosque opposes every Mosque, anywhere. These are the people who, along with the Muslim fanatics, are promoting a religious war, in direct confict of their religion's values.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Just because terror is designed to create fear does not mean fear of or respect of terror is a bad thing and the same.

People use the circular argument terror is to crate fear so if you fear terror you are playing into the terrorists hands and embracing terror.

That's rubbish and word games. People need to fear terror in order to understand it so they can protect themselves.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Typical Christian Response.

" Ohh they aren't Christians, they don't represent us, even though all their actions were in the name of the same God I pray to."

do personally know many Islamic people.. an yes, they are just like you and me.. except for the extreme factions of them.

So how do you know that the people coming to this mosque will be extremists? Come on now, that's a blanket statement and is false because there is NO way for you to know, based on some silly NY times article that OOZES with bias.

Even the normal Islamic people do not agree with them. I am not putting them into one boat as you are trying to make me out to do. Only you are doing that. I have said the same a lot in this thread.

But in this thread you've stated that YOU KNOW that these folks are extremists who will push their evil Agenda. Which is?

Are they moderates or are they extremists, your contradicting yourself here.

~Keeper
[edit on 7/26/2010 by tothetenthpower]

It was not a typical Christian response. Most people who claim to be Christians do not know the difference between the crusaders and the true biblical Christians from study of the Bible and what it says about what a Christian is and how to become one.

You do not know this difference.

I never said all Islamic people that goes to this place will be extremists and if the NY Post article is factual, who cares how much bias you think is in it. That become a mute point.

How do you know that extremist will not use this place to further their agenda? You do not.

You claim, " But in this thread you've stated that YOU KNOW that these folks are extremists who will push their evil Agenda. Which is?"

I never said that. I said the NY Post is saying that and we should be wary if the story is true.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Dude, that's logic.

Terror = fear. You fear = terrorists win.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
The Mosque is two blocks away, not at ground zero. Everyone who opposes this Mosque opposes every Mosque, anywhere. These are the people who, along with the Muslim fanatics, are promoting a religious war, in direct confict of their religion's values.

I do not promote a religious war. I think a 13 story learning center for Muslims that could be used by extremists two blocks away from the place where extremists murdered 3000 people is a bad idea indeed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Dude, that's logic.

It is not rational logic. It is circular logic. A type of logic that fails under examination.

The type of fear that causes one to protect oneself is different than the kind of fear that terrorists use to destroy.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Dude, that's logic.

It is not rational logic. It is circular logic. A type of logic that fails under examination.

OK, explain it away then. I'll debate that.

The type of fear that causes one to protect oneself is different than the kind of fear that terrorists use to destroy.

WHAT? And I'm using circular logic?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It isn't a typical response? And Yes I do know the diference between the two thank you.

I never said that. I said the NY Post is saying that and we should be wary if the story is true.

Yes you did say it...look I have the proof!

The same people who want to build this mosque ARE the religious extremists.

Right there...and...

Now, if the government could strictly regulate what is taught there - the good side of Islam then I would have no problem with it.. But we both know that isn't going to happen and it is well known that these extreme factions will use any means to spread their agenda.

That's your CLEARLY stating that you KNOW that it won't be those "Good" muslims but those bad ones..

I know that the Westboro Baptist church are extremists. You should tear down the church near Ground Zero cause they could use it as a point to launch an attack against citizens, because they are extremists!

You see how your logic is nonsensical?

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If they put the Mosque 3 blocks away will this alleviate your fear? Maybe 3 miles, 300? You tell me.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The bottom line is that if people, especially peaceful Muslims, do not refudiate this mosque, we will all end up regretterating the candiumdrun of wherewithyouall that will eventually be the end result. I know no real Americans want to sacrificiate there freedoms or their safety just to impudane the unrightiosities.

Sorry, not as eloquent as Palin but I tried.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by c g henderson
The bottom line is that if people, especially peaceful Muslims, do not refudiate this mosque, we will all end up regretterating the candiumdrun of wherewithyouall that will eventually be the end result. I know no real Americans want to sacrificiate there freedoms or their safety just to impudane the unrightiosities.

Sorry, not as eloquent as Palin but I tried.

That's OK, you've got Dubya down pat.

Now what do mean?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
well if they wanna build a mosque lets build several strip clubs with glass windows put in a buchers shop on the ground floor that deals with pork and heck throw in a pet store too just for s and giggles see how they like walking over pigs blood and by "uncovered women"

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Ah, religious tolerance at it's finest. And people wonder why there are terrorist in the first place.

Edit to add: That would make it an area free of Jews as well.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by intrepid]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by KilrathiLG

Ah, religious tolerance at it's finest. And people wonder why there are terrorist in the first place.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

"Let ye who is without Sin cast the first stone."

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join