It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you an Atheist? I bet you still don't have the guts!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I still fail to see the relation to what I posted.

Because, if you don't believe, it won't bother you in the least to do it as the concept of an "unforgiveable sin" is utterly irrelevent.

You said "non-atheists" but isn't the Rational Response Squad an atheist activist group? So, I'm double-super-failing to see something here, most notably what the failure to see the relation is, that and referring to them as believers or something. What happen? Did you set me up the bomb? Have the wee-hours and extended waking period reduced my comprehension to ashes to ashes and dust to dust?

(PS. I can do this all day, later, after some rest)

[edit on 7/25/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Yep, I apologize, I was the one misinterpreting this.

I was under the impression that the ones calling for this were actually believers.

edit: But what are the organisers trying to accomplish with this?

edit 2:

Do what, are we in a fight? I hope not.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Yep, I apologize, I was the one misinterpreting this.

I was under the impression that the ones calling for this were actually believers.

I thought it sounded a little odd, believers calling themselves "rational" rather than "faithful".

edit: But what are the organisers trying to accomplish with this?

IMHO, thrill-seeking publicity stunts, to put it simply. Previous posts elaborate.

edit 2:

Do what, are we in a fight? I hope not.

No! That's just my lazy troll talk...trolls need sleep too.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
So what do you want us to say....Religion is a tool to control the masses....Jesus didn't exist....there is no god...the church is a pit of corrupt paedophiles.....I'll say anything bad about religion if you want

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

:up

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

No one said you had to. But it is just a public denouncing of the holy spirit, that just proves to other people that you are a strong Atheist. Just because you don't want to broadcast it doesn't mean you aren't a strong Atheist. You obviously don't believe that rubbish, but people who would like it known publicly do this.

Atheism, The way you have said it sounds as if it is a religion. So does that mean if you're a 'strong atheist' you believe in the God of nothingness?

Anyway, The blasphemy challenge is a scheme atheists have come up with to strength their own disbelief.. It is the equivalent to a Christians testimony.. I find it ironic that a atheists talk down on religious faith but yet have the nerve to have a testimony of their own with the exact same purpose of a spiritual testimony.. to state their belief. (or disbelief
)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

You talk about atheists as though we are a collective, christians are a group who all share the same belief, the belief in Jesus. Atheists are individuals who happen to share the same viewpoint (a lack of a deity), but we dont all go to athiest meetings or subscribe to atheism weekly magazine.

We share that single viewpoint and nothing else.

Why would I as a non believer give credence to a religion I do not believe in?

Some people cannot see outside themselves and their own little bubble.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So this is that one unforgivable sin? I can rape and behead children in front of their parents and it's all good? I'll be forgiven. But should I declare that I don't believe in the beard guy instant hell awaits? What a nice God you have there

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
An unforgivable sin would be contradictory to "god's nature", seeing as how he claims to forgive all sins.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Rank amateurism.

Atheists.....really want to show you have guts?

Reject money. All US currency has the phrase "In God we Trust" on it.

Bet you don't have the guts to give that up.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well as a Christian, Its wrong to tempt (Athiest) to commit a Blasphamy? As a Christian we are to spread the message, about Christ. We are to try to help people to become saved. I am sinner, we all are. If your an Athiest, you have nothing to prove by blaspheming. All I can tell you is God is real to me, he has worked so many MIRACLES in my life. There is not a single doubt in my mind. However to those who don't believe, I respect that. I would like to challange you, if you have doubts or to the Athiest out there, to just try an experiment. I know this may be hard for some but if you can just keep an open mind. Try this, seek God with all your heart? Its says in the bible to those who seek me with all the heart, shall find me. Pick up a Bible sometime, all the answers are there. Ask God, God please reveal yourself to me? Show me as only you can. So, that I can overcome any doubts that I may have. Seek and ye shall find. God has his hand out to you, He wants to be apart of your life. Ask him to forgive you of your sins in the name of JESUS CHRIST. Try it, it can change your life. Also, any time my friend or my wife, even by myself, we would be talking about some off the wall things, then open up the bible randomly, and start to read. It would always be exactly what we was talking about. EVERY TIME. The subjects where about the world or modern problems. Try it sometime. I was talking to a friend the other day. He had, had the exact samething happen to him. God wants to be apart of your life, he loves you, He wants to save you from the FIRE. He has his Hand reached out to you, just grab hold and dont let go. He can work miracles in your life too. Thanks for taking the time to read this. All the things happening are right out of the bible. Also check out 100biblephrophecies.org it has some of the prophecies that have already come to pass. GOD bless. reply to post by Misoir

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

What is the point?

I am one of those weird people that has deist beliefs, but rejects Christianity, just as personal disclosure.

But this seems like most Atheists have so poorly thought out their positions that they place it in a dichotomy with Christianity. To blaspheme the JudeoChristian God is no ultimate statement of Atheism. To me it just shows that the effort is purely for show, poorly thought out, and completely meaningless. It is just as stupid as using a blow dryer to "debaptize" yourself.

This is like sexuality. You don't need to make outward and purposeful displays. Doing such does nothing more than make you obnoxious. If you are Atheist (or gay, since i brought that up as well), then be that. No one else needs to know, unless it is relevant to the conversation (neither are fodder for polite public discussion, based on the values I was raised by).

I have found a few Atheist who are well spoken on their beliefs. That, I respect. But atheism as a fad has created plenty of young people who choose atheism simply as an outward statement of nonconformity. These are the ones who claim atheism (lower case A), yet pray for help when they are in a tough spot.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Rank amateurism.

Atheists.....really want to show you have guts?

Reject money. All US currency has the phrase "In God we Trust" on it.

Bet you don't have the guts to give that up.

a true Atheist would be unaffected by that slogan.

A true Atheist has no religious beliefs whatsoever. Being offended by anothers religions beliefs is not the actions of an Atheist. An Atheist is indifferent to religion.

If you are protesting another persons religion, you are taking a stance on belief. That is anti-Atheist.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horus12
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

You talk about atheists as though we are a collective, christians are a group who all share the same belief, the belief in Jesus. Atheists are individuals who happen to share the same viewpoint (a lack of a deity), but we dont all go to athiest meetings or subscribe to atheism weekly magazine.

We share that single viewpoint and nothing else.

Why would I as a non believer give credence to a religion I do not believe in?

Some people cannot see outside themselves and their own little bubble.

Disbelief is an act of entropy. It requires no efforts to not believe in something. It requires no further thought or study.

Like i said, i have met and talked with Atheists who have actively studied and composed their beliefs based on logic. I would hate to lump these people, who have informed themselves, into a group of that is labelled simply as "those who don't believe".

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think this is a silly idea.
But to each his own. I guess if it makes people feel better to make a public statement about their atheism, that's fine, but to me it's totally unnecessary and doesn't require "guts" at all.

When one says that they are an atheist (or decides it quietly to themselves), by definition, they are denying the existence of a deity, whether it be "God" or "the holy spirit". Claiming one is an atheist IS blasphemous, heretical and contrary to the beliefs of the deity-centered religions. It doesn't make it a "worse sin" to proclaim it to the world on a You Tube video. Nor does it take more guts.

It's not like the more people who know, the better atheist you are or anything.
You're not going to get special favors after you die for proclaiming your belief publicly. The "strongest" atheist in the world could be completely quiet about it, because it's not about preaching or publicly stating your beliefs, it's about HAVING the belief.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
ok heres my little 2 cents. im posting this mostly because of a dream i had last night. I was searching for "god" but not like how ya would think. i was was searching around my house for something, kinda like when you lose your car keys and you have somewhere to be. Anyway, in my dream i had an 'epiphany' type of 'click' if you will.

God is NOT REAL.
God just is.

He's that thing we never quite fully notice, thats in the back of our mind saying what is going on?? maybe that doesnt make much sense but if we cant grasp the true concept of "god" then couldnt that be possible? i dunno, but there was a good quote i searched over an HOUR for which related to what i mean. maybe someone knows what it is...it's something like "the true name of god has never and will never be spoken"--some chinese guy

Anyway here are a couple of other good ones i liked and just thought i would share. this is one of my first posts so i hope i dont get blasted too hard

God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. ~St. Augustine (i think that goes with the whole collective consioucness deal)

People see God every day, they just don't recognize him. ~Pearl Bailey

Prayer is when you talk to God; meditation is when you listen to God. ~Diana Robinson

I don't know if God exists, but it would be better for His reputation if He didn't. ~Jules Renard

Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees. ~Victor Hugo

I've been hiding from God, and I'm appalled to find how easy it is. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

Be God or let God. ~Author Unknown

note: i believe in synchronicity, and mystical things that most christians would SHUN me for, which makes me feel like an outcast in many ways. so i totally understand atheists point of view on how much christians actually suck ass. "the church" is a completely warped view point at this point, but i dont want to go into anything off topic...except i do think everyone should respect each other and if christians were following the golden rule, then these videos wouldnt even be. Remember, the original sin was that satan promised eve she could BE LIKE GOD. its a lie. Also i dont believe that professing your faith of no faith is an unforgiveable sin. Just another misguided view on the bible. Back then, women would get stoned to death if they wore make up and commited adultery, and now its ok. but things like homosexuality are considered to still be evil. its BS

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As an atheist, I think this is kind of stupid.

I believe that there are atheists, and there are antitheists. I believe that ost antitheists think of themselves as atheists.

I will not make a video of me denying the existence of a god, or putting-down said god.

By participating in blasphemy, you already assert yourself as an antitheist. An atheist doesn't need to put down a figure they dont believe in.

I don't believe in a god. I don't care who knows it, but I don't need to be arrogant about it and post a video on the internet about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

So you're the sensible, mature kind that I was dreaming about earlier in this thread? You do exist!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join