It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church sponsors 'International Burn A Koran Day'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
These people are NOT Christians. Real Christians exhibit and practice tolerance, peace and fellowship. Just as terrorist are not real muslims. Do not let the fact that these people have hijacked the name of a religion fool you into believing that they practicing the tenets of any faith - they're not! Only the gullible and naive among you would believe that ANY of these groups are practicing any real religion.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

And isn't that exactly what this might be symbolic of?

(I've really put my foot in it by now, so I'm hoping really hard that this is a true story and not a hoax of some sort...it's Saturday and my brain's semi-disengaged.)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
What if a Hindu temple were burning bibles? Would those of us that are Christians not feel revulsion.

...if any group burned bibles, the majority of christians would have a raging snit fit - and - of course, never see it as karma coming back on them because christians have ALWAYS burned other people's books and sacred texts, destroyed other cultures, outlawed other religions, committed and condoned genocide, etc...

In my opinion this is a hate crime designed to infuriate the Florida Islamic community,

...its not a hate crime... its not even a crime nor should it be... if the kkk and other white supremacist groups are within their constitutional rights to advertise their hatefulness and ignorance, so should this florida church of morons...

...if other christians (the ones who deem themselves good uns) would show up in droves to protest that church's behavior (hint, hint, hint), it'd be excellent PR for christianity and might lessen tensions between the cousin religions...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
These people are NOT Christians. Real Christians exhibit and practice tolerance, peace and fellowship. Just as terrorist are not real muslims. Do not let the fact that these people have hijacked the name of a religion fool you into believing that they practicing the tenets of any faith - they're not! Only the gullible and naive among you would believe that ANY of these groups are practicing any real religion.

...preach that to those you claim have hijacked your religion or you're just regurgitating a very old and tired excuse for your kind doing nothing...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

The Koran is held in extreme reverence by those of the Islamic faith. To them this will be an insult to them and their god, Allah.

Just to point out, Islam's god is the god of Abraham. The same one the Jews and Christians worship.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by gem_man

I want to see what happens if they forcefully get every Quran from all across they world and burn them.

Do they expect it to vanish? Millions of people have memorized it.

So I guess the next step is to Burn Millions of people who have memorized the Quran because they are the walking, talking version.

Unfortunately most likely that would be the next step for intolerance. Christianity Islam and Judaism like it or not are fruit that has fallen from the same tree . Each to their own side and fight over who is right .

The 3 largest reasons for war greed power and religion .

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

At first glance, I thought it read, "Burn a Korean Day"!
But then I realized it said burn a KORAN, then I was like, oh, terrific!

It seems though, it's a bit low doesn't it?

I support "Global Burn every religious text ever conceived day"

That should turn some heads eh?
Imagine...a world with no religion...sigh...

(No offense to the religious, don't hate.)

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I suspect this is another stunt to en-flame and rile...
I bet it isn't an honest religious event, but a staged divide and conquer event...I wonder if the so and so in charge has been on any foreign junkets lately?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
ahhhh here we go...

the new book by Dr. Terry Jones, is available now!

www.doveworld.org...

I knew there was going to be a reason.
and it isn't religious belief

edit to remove title.
I don't believe in promoting this sort of thing.
but they are prolly burning the wrong book

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Strang is the owner of the publishing company that published Terry Jones' book.

Strang is also known as a strong supporter of Israel and was involved when Christians United for Israel was organized in early 2006. He now serves as Director for the region serving Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina, and has organized several “Nights to Honor Israel” featuring John Hagee as speaker in several southern States.

ministrytodaymag.com...

Hagee has said Hitler was doing god's work" in regards to his support of Zionizm and for his contribution to the founding of Israel.

So there you have it Hagee does junkets to Israel all the time.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just found out the house passed a bill regarding support for Israel's comming attack on Iran...
Which sure seems to explain all of this PR stuff...
Oh well, they are never going to learn I guess.

edit to correct myself
its a resolution and it has been introduced but not yet passed...but still...
(thanks Disraeli)

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ahh yes.. Yet another fine example of good christians in action.. They would scream and cry persecution were someone to have an international burn a bible day.. Guess they temporarily ran out of witches to burn and didnt want to waste matches..
Christianity is truly a barbaric religion to continue promoting intolerance of all who dont agree with them..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For the life of me I cannot understand why one religious sect is always getting down on another. This is disrespectful, the type of action that causes friction between people that leads to violence. Most religions preach love and peace - I keep wondering when they are going to practice what they preach.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

Ohh are you that naive?

Any system, or ideology can be used to wage war, or to murder, or to rape, that doesn't relect the system.

Read yourself what the system teaches before judging it based on human actions.

Heck, let's put it this way, human make mistakes.

See it wasn't that long ago when Afghanistan and Iraq was invaded in the name of Democracy.

For you to narrow your vision and blame everything on religions shows how naive you are, and may I add, what an expensive TOOL you must be.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think all religious texts should be burned and those who believe in any organized religion lobotomized. But that's just me.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Wow....I don't know what to say besides this is a very wrong action from the Church.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I think all religious texts should be burned and those who believe in any organized religion lobotomized. But that's just me.

That sounds a bit extreme? Sort of like how extreme religious fanatics can sound like. How different are you really?

Nice sig

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Dumb asses, that is really all I have to say about that.

As someone pointed out, exactly how is this "church" warning Muslims they are wrong by burning their sacred text? Will Muslims somehow begin to believe that because a group of morons burnt a book Islam will be proven false, to them? No.

On a side note, I think they should be aware of the potential for a double insult.

The end of Ramadan, so far is scheduled for 10 September but because it often varies due the requirement of the start beginning with sight of the full moon it may very well end on the 11th. To burn their sacred book on one of their high holidays is, well, I can't quite find the words for how bigoted, insensitive, and insulting that is.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Choosing to believe and follow an organized religion is like having a lobotomy.

When people burn a Bible or De-Baptize nobody really cares. Sure it makes the news but nobody gets blown up in a suicide bombing. God forbid though somebody burns a Koran or shows Mohammed as a cartoon. Then all hell breaks loose. Religion of peace my

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

"Where they burn books, they will ultimately also burn people."

Heinrich Heine

Never a good idea to burn books!!!

Remember "The Satanic Verses" by Salman Rushdie....How did that work out for those book-burners in Britain??

BBC News

"Looking back on it, there was the realisation that we may have done ourselves a great deal more harm than good."

Peace

Did I forget to S+F this baby?? Well here you go....

[edit on 25-7-2010 by operation mindcrime]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join