It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida church sponsors 'International Burn A Koran Day'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
How about an 'International Burn every Holy Book Day'.

The Christians are no better than the Muslims.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

These are also the same morons who did the 'Islam is of the Devil' sign back in February. And just what did they have to say about that?

Frequently asked questions

Tell us about the church, Dove World Outreach Center and about what the belief of the church is?

We are a New Testament, Charismatic, Non-Denominational Church that believes in the whole Bible and that we are to act in response to the word of God in order to change the times we are living in. Those times have gotten further and futher away from God; full of deception like abortion and same sex marriages.

Why would the Church put up such a sign?

To expose Islam for what it is. It is a violent and oppressive religion that is trying to mascarade itself as a religion of peace, seeking to deceive our society.

What is the reason or message the Church wants to get out with a sign such as that?

The message of the truth that there is only one way to God, only one way to salvation, and that is through the blood of Jesus. Through the repenting of your sins and being born again. It is time that all Christians unite, stop being passive and selfish and stand up and fight for the truth.

What is your response to those offended by the sign or the message of the sign?

The truth should never offend us. We should embrace the truth. That is the foundation of our country and that is the only way to true freedom. Islam is a lie based upon lies and deceptions and fear. In Muslim countries, if you preach the gospel or convert to Christianity - you will be killed. That is the type of religion it is.

www.doveworld.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is a shocking developement and hope that it is only an isolated incident, just as there are in many other societal aspects and religions.

For those who preach exclusivity of religion is only preaching and denoucing the very name of our Creator, whom is known by many names to many in an ancient world divided by seas, mountain and language barriers, and is worshipped in many many different ways and passed down by traditions.

It is obvious they had not read about other religions in depth, and superficially as well as ignorantly made that call for hatred against other religions, denying the very gift that only come from One who possess it - Our Creator - the gift of love.

Love cannot co-exist with hate. It is either one love the Creator and fellow humanity, and follow His teachings for the guidance to a better path on our free will, or one does not. The path of hatred only leads to violence and destruction of precious human lives created and gifted by our Creator.

These isolated events transpired by our misguided human brothers certainly is not following that path of love and understanding, but had deviated by ignorance and misguided a mass following onto the wrong path, a path that will only lead to doom for humanity if they are not stopped and rehabilitated.

It is from such stupor that the masses must be awakened from. We are one human race, with common aspirations, hopes and dreams.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a book is a book

try burning a commercially printed buddhist/taoist religious book infront of a temple and see if anyone care..

christianity itself is radical and extreme, islam got it worse, end of story

if man, mankind indeed need a religion to regulate the social structure, bring on buddhism and taoism

peace

[edit on 25-7-2010 by digital_desire]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I guess the christians shouldnt be offended when people start burning bibles. they shouldnt start something they cant handle. they are literally asking (pleading) for trouble on purpose. I believe that whatever a person believes in is right for them. The christians are definately not righteous, for their history is burning, hanging, drowning and falsely accusing folks who were not christian or would not convert.

Burning the Qur'an is a rotten thing to do. I would be offended just by someone burning the American flag. The point is respect. If someone says I would go to hell for not joining their cult, I would say, "Hell is what YOU create, and it is not on my list." Hypocrits. So much that word has been said for so many years.

I say whatever repurcussion comes their way, so be it. they know better.

Real true hearted people of god would not do such things.....THOSE people heave a open heart, they understand, and they have respect for all of free will and free thought. I personally know muslims, hindus, buddhists, etc, and many are good hearted people. Only a few have I met that are radical. I even met some christians who were fanatics (like crazy), and the rest whom I still know are very kind people, open minded, yet will not hesitate to stand up and fight if need be. I admire that. they do not condemn others. It is not their right, it is not their place.

My opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
That's kinda funny because the Koran has a Jesus, Moses, Abraham as well.

We have lost our minds. I wouldn't doubt that church is getting some kind of funding from one of the Foreign relations, defense dept, Spook groups for the purpose of incitement.

Draw those meany ole terrorists out in the open.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I applaud the burning of korans. Vile teachings for an anti-life system.

It is an expression of our individual liberty and freedom of speech.

Islam is the antithesis, the mortal enemy of not only Western Civilization, but of each and every single non-muslim culture with which it interfaces.

Boo to Islam.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am a Christian Mystic nondualist ...and while the nonduality of me says that this is what it is ....the Christian mystic in me is disgusted by this act.

We have to understand ...that down south and in many parts of AMerica ...there is this dumbed down stupified basterdized version of Christianity that thinks everything is of the devil, everything needs to be destroyed and gone to war with.

George W. Bush who took us to fake wars considers himself a Christian and has the blood of hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi's, Afgani's, and US soldoirs on his hands. These are the same kind of fake Christians here.

Not only Nostradamus predicted that WW III would be basically a Muslim vs Christian war .......or onset as a result of this....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't get that their objective is to convert anyone.

It looks more like an objection the the religion in connection to 911.

This will surely ignite an imflamatory response.

Bibles have been burned many times and Xtians did not go berzerk over it.
But wait till you see what happens in this case.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

The church is held in extreme reverence? Is that why the Muslims burn christian churches down, preferably with the worshippers still inside?

www.wnd.com...

loganswarning.com...

www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
It's disheartening to see how incredibly daft some people are when it comes down to it.

"We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn," said Jones, and that the goal these and other protests are to give Muslims an opportunity to convert.

Seriously?!? There's nothing quite like persuading someone to convert their religion than by burning their most treasured book.

This is nothing more than a lame, sensationalist attempt to denigrate an entire religion based on the actions of a few extremists.

it never ceases to amaze me how stupid americans are. this is why i am an atheist, and proud of it. this is why other countries think americans are full of crap.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by pjslug
I think all religious texts should be burned and those who believe in any organized religion lobotomized. But that's just me.

That sounds a bit extreme? Sort of like how extreme religious fanatics can sound like. How different are you really?

Nice sig

How different am I? Well for one I don't believe in starting wars in the name of God. I don't believe God will save anyone. I don't believe we should focus on being "saved" because it prevents people from bettering humanity by making the most out of the only lifetime we know exists: this one.

Spirituality is different than organized religion. It is a one-on-one work-in-progress between a person and whatever higher power he/she chooses to relate to and understand.

And for what it's worth, I probably shouldn't have said ALL organized religion because Buddhism is probably considered a religion, although I don't really see it as such.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Somehow, after having lived in Florida since 2001, and seen the KKK, the homophobes, the Jew haters, the Muslim haters, and the Christian haters (This place can be a real nut-house, though I haven't seen any Buddhist haters, yet, I am waiting..) and even one town that passed a city ordinance banning "The Devil" from entering town limits.. I'm not surprised one bit.

Way to go. Just what the USA needs more of.

I will say this: I love FL's Concealed Weapons laws, and Castle and Stand Your Ground provisions.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by maria_stardust
It's disheartening to see how incredibly daft some people are when it comes down to it.

"We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn," said Jones, and that the goal these and other protests are to give Muslims an opportunity to convert.

This is nothing more than a lame, sensationalist attempt to denigrate an entire religion based on the actions of a few extremists.

it never ceases to amaze me how stupid americans are. this is why i am an atheist, and proud of it. this is why other countries think americans are full of crap.

It seems to me that it's always the real rocket-scientists in ANY country who get all the press. Good news is no news to the MSM.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
this is so misguided

does anybody in this church even stop
to think that it was (so called) CHRISTIANS in the
CIA, MI6, and ISI that perpetrated 9/11.
Blaming Muslims and Islam for 9/11
is like blaming your dog for pooping
on the carpet when you refuse to let him out.
Makes no sense to me.

Their hatred for Islam is misguided.

I think they should be burning the Field Manuals
for the CIA, MI6 and ISI instead.

I am a Christian btw, but I don't believe what
these people are doing is justified or morally
correct.

Christians are supposed to be fishers of men
not burner of books.

edit for spelling

[edit on 31-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well this is not looking very good. Islam freaked out about southpark,family guy, Salman Rushdie. Wonder what they are going to do in response to this, don't we already know that provoking islam is not a good idea?

Religion is what ruined humanity, my personal opinion is religion is just an evolutionary phase,remember that the idea of "god" is not that old. Before god we thought spirits were responsible for everything, now we shed that belief and moved on to the next best thing, GODS. in the beginning of humanity, and even now, we needed something to keep us going everyday. (praying for good health/ good hunts/ survival ect.) Now that we don't have to hunt for food or water or worry about survival, it does way more harm than good. We will eventually shed our religious beliefs, but not in my lifetime. Way to many are infected with this virus for it to suddenly vanish.

Think of all the problems in the world that stems all from religion. All the "My god is better than your god" wars. Islam vs Jews for example, there are currently 1,000,000,000+ muslims in the world, as compared to the 12,000,000 Jewish people. Just a fun fact for ya.

Christianity is the main problem though, currently infecting over 2 billion souls. I just want to stand outside of churches and protest constantly, but i don't have that kinda time. In my town there are about 7 churches, with a town population of 1,476 (2009 census). Which is why it is so popular, if you don't go to church you are missing out on a part of society, which is fine for me.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
On lighter side, I have this freaking stupid dot matrix printer, maybe i should join them by burning the printer manual too ? Hmm maybe I can burn my old cupboard and some broken chairs, I'll bring some marshmallow for bystanders, anyone else want to bring chicken ? .

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
1984 anybody?

The fall of any society comes when those of power or revered status begin burning books.

Yeah, strange they forgot what Germany did with books they felt was a threat to them. And see where it got them?

This is ridiculous, like they are going to convert anybody. You know what will happen, somebody will get shot.

But remember, they believe they are in the right........as the song goes.....for the bible tells me so.

And who will the media blame? Muslim Extremists, instead of these idiots who will incite that violence with their religious zealotry.

~Keeper

Sure, nothing like keeping everyone at each others throats, now is there?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
I think they need to research what the symbol of the Dove stands for, not to mention the meaning of the word "outreach".

Their mind set is, the symbol of the Dove only relates to what they believe, not what anyone else believes. The only place they do their researching, is with a bible. If it doesn`t fit what they believe the bible tells them, then it is wrong or evil.

As for outreach? Oh, but they are outreaching, in their minds. By destroying the evil influence the Koran has over the Muslims, they believe they will jion their side. A well thought out belief......right? When you use a book to do your thinking for you, what is there to expect?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join