It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Up to the Minute' Live Tropical Storm Bonnie and Oil Spill Thread

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

At the end of this advisory, it says that this will be the last public advisory regarding this system.

Tropical Depression BONNIE Public Advisory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home Public Adv Fcst/Adv Discussion Wind Probs Maps/Charts Archive
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WTNT33 KNHC 242034
TCPAT3
BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION BONNIE ADVISORY NUMBER 10
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL032010
400 PM CDT SAT JUL 24 2010

...BONNIE DEGENERATES INTO A DISORGANIZED AREA OF LOW PRESSURE...

SUMMARY OF 400 PM CDT...2100 UTC...INFORMATION
----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...28.5N 87.6W
ABOUT 100 MI...160 KM ESE OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...30 MPH...45 KM/HR
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 300 DEGREES AT 14 MPH...22 KM/HR
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1011 MB...29.85 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
THERE ARE NO COASTAL WATCHES OR WARNINGS IN EFFECT.

DISCUSSION AND 48-HOUR OUTLOOK
------------------------------
AT 400 PM CDT...2100 UTC...THE CENTER OF THE REMNANT LOW ASSOCIATED
WITH FORMER TROPICAL DEPRESSION BONNIE WAS LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE
28.5 NORTH...LONGITUDE 87.6 WEST. THE LOW IS MOVING TOWARD THE
WEST-NORTHWEST NEAR 14 MPH...22 KM/HR AND IT SHOULD CONTINUE TO
MOVE ON THIS GENERAL TRACK TONIGHT AND SUNDAY.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE BARELY 30 MPH...45 KM/HR...WITH HIGHER
GUSTS IN A FEW SQUALLS. THE LOW IS EXPECTED TO DISSIPATE TONIGHT OR
SUNDAY.

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE PLANE WAS 1011
MB...29.85 INCHES.

HAZARDS AFFECTING LAND
----------------------
WIND...A FEW SQUALLS ARE LIKELY TO SPREAD OVER PORTIONS OF THE
NORTHERN GULF COAST...FROM SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA EASTWARD TO THE FAR
WESTERN FLORIDA PANHANDLE LATER TODAY.

RAINFALL...BONNIE IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE TOTAL RAINFALL
ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 INCHES OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN
LOUISIANA...SOUTHERN ALABAMA...SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI...AND THE FAR
WESTERN FLORIDA PANHANDLE...WITH POSSIBLE ISOLATED MAXIMUM AMOUNTS
OF 3 INCHES.

NEXT ADVISORY
-------------
THIS IS THE LAST PUBLIC ADVISORY ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL HURRICANE
CENTER ON THIS SYSTEM. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THIS SYSTEM CAN BE
FOUND IN HIGH SEAS FORECASTS ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER
SERVICE...UNDER AWIPS HEADER NFDHSFAT1 AND WMO HEADER FZNT01 KWBC.

$$
FORECASTER AVILA/ROBERTS

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeesFar

Originally posted by Antoniastar
Hi, thank you for starting this thread! Here is an article I found from July 17. I don't know how credible it is. Sorry.

I don't know anything about the site that offer the article about Matt Simmons, but i *do* know that Mr. Simmons is being very vocal about what he believes the truth and dangers are.

So far, though, all he's provided to back up his claims are his own experience and that BP workers and others are coming to him in confidence to report what they know.

A poster on another thread made the comment that he believes Simmons to be correct because as Simmons reports these issues he continues to state he hopes he's wrong.

Simmons' concerns about a hurricane pulling oil up from deep are mirrored by a Texas Tech Univ scientist. The OP put the link to the TTU article on the front page of this thread, if you want to read it ~ lots of information in it compared to what else has been coming out.

Speaking of information coming out: Texas A&M Oceanography dept put out a large report about methane levels at certain places in the Gulf being 10,000 to one million times higher than normal. And the page was taken down in less than 48 hours. Interesting? I don't want to be one of those who jump the gun, incite fear or anything like that, but it SEEMS like information is being taken away as well as withheld.

Hi SeesFar,

Please accept my sincere apology for being so late in responding to your kind post.
I lost my internet connection. Blame the Greys. hahaha I am using Starbuck's wifi so I don't have long because there's no where to plug in my laptop to charge it.

Thank you for offering your thoughts about Mr. Simmons. Well Simmons is certainly qualified to advise of the dangers of hurricanes and the like since he is a top oil industry expert, he should know about these sorts of things. And that is very interesting about Simmon "mirroring" that "Texas Tech Univ scientist". Hmmm.

Okay I will have a look-see at that TTU article when I can. Thanks you very much.

"....it SEEMS like information is being taken away as well as withheld."
I must agree with you here.

This is the makings of a conspiracy theory, is it not?

Toni

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by Antoniastar

Thank you for your news link.

I have seen a lot of debate here on ATS regarding Simmons. Some think he is like Paul Revere, some think he is a salesperson for his own brand of infomercial. It seems he is a very polarizing character, no matter which side you are on.

One thing that I am worried about though, is that if this storm makes a direct hit on the coast, and it is not affected by the oil spill at all, than some people along the coast might become complacent, and not respond as they should when the next one comes along. I think that the people of the Gulf Coast are really being given a great chance to not get nailed by this first, real strike on the coast, and that we should learn as much as possible from the facts.

Knowledge is power, and since we do not get real knowledge regarding the oil spill from the Fed or BP, this is a good chance to at least learn of the affects of a large storm and the oil spill.

Hi lasertaglover,

You're welcome for the link. Please accept my sincere apology for not getting back with you sooner. That is interesting how you describe Simmons as a "polarizing character". That sums up it for me.
I haven't picked my side yet. Hmmm.

Great thinkin about learning from Hurricane Bonnie and not getting complacent but to from this experience in relation to tropical storms/hurricanes and oil spills. I totally agree.

Well who needs the Fed or BP when we've got each other? It's tough though because people have to have reliable sources when it comes to this kind of knowledge.

It does help when we're all working together for the good of all. But that's not reality. So, I for one, greatly appreciate people like you that take the time and effort to get accurate information out there.

Thank you for all that you do.

Toni

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Hi Toni, and thanks very much! I have been posting some info about the new Tropical Depression 4 on the ATS thread Hurricane Watch.

Personally, I think this next storm will also not impact much of anything directly, mostly head north and away from land.

But 'tis the season' for Hurricanes. And we all learn so much from every storm that passes. And lol, 'knowing is half the battle'.

Again, thanks for your posting on this thread and I hope to see you around real soon.

Peace be with you and those you love.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join