It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Footage from Northeast England 7-18-10

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

I just find this thread unusually quiet for the "analyst" that are usually around in pretty strong force.

That in itselfs makes me thing that either a. they aren't watching it, b., they watched it but aren't sure themselves, c., they are waiting to hear what others have to say, d., something I haven't thought of yet but Im sure someone will point out!

That is my 2 cents on it anyway

Thank you for using the word 'analyst'. This is better than the term 'debunker' which in the dictionary means someone who sets out to ridicule a claim.

I think that the analysts are just weary. These lights in the night do not offer much scope for further investigation.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies

Thanks for your comments. I agree with it being discussed since it was in the public domain after all. However I feel the photographer is entitled not to be harassed and questionned. He never directly offered the footage to ATS.

You are quite right in that the photographer is entitled not to be harrassed, but being questioned comes with the territory as I explained. As we know, the cause of UFOs is disputed and an interesting subject and to ask questions is therefore natural.

A member of the group has also now joined the discussion so has naturally opened himself to questions.

Originally posted by crowdedskies
It will end up in him having to defend himself and his character. He will need to face the gauntlet of skeptics and accusers.

Indeed that may prove to be the case.

I do appreciate your concerns and you are right to raise them, but I for one will not bear torch and pitchfork, but I may ask questions as my curiousity for knowledge may require me to.

I have seen threads where an ugly torch-bearing mob mentality has been formed towards a poster, but at the moment this thread is maintaining civillity and decorum with a natural inclination towards seeking knowledge and facts.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mozzy1113

Thank you for answering my questions, I appreciate it.

As well as radio and newspaper, you may want to get in touch with your local TV news, both BBC and ITV.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There is a local firm there which produces chinese lanterns. I believe they are lanterns or flares. I really don't believe they were ET paying a visit! 'Course I can't prove it - any more than anyone can prove they were of other worldly origin. So guess I'll have to settle for UFO then! Just as long as people realise that UFO's can be of mundane terrestrial origin ...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajax_andy
Interestingly enough there is a massive army base called Catterick Garrison an hours drive from South Shields/Jarrow... could be that some sort of off shore training exercise was going on relating to this?

Interesting thread. It is probably worth pointing out that there is a Parachute regiment training centre based at Catterick....

Just to emphasise that point really.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nerevar

Catterick is about 50 miles South of where this was filmed.

And what would they be doing on exercise over highly populated Tyneside?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
At exactly the 5:00 mark, while all lights are traveling from left to right, the light that appears at the top left at 5:00 falls considerably, i would assume that the parachute on the flare had trouble opening, when it does open, it joins the current "flow" of the others. i would say flares.

Finally someone else who is able to see this!!!!

I've posted twice about this particular part and no-one has bothered to respond!

Any believers on here wanna comment on this?! ANYONE?!!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is totally preliminary on my behalf. So please, don;t see this as in anyway gospel on all this. having watched the several pieces of footage a few times now. I am of a mind that the lights vanish over the horizon travelling in a North westerly direction.

That would mean, to be flares the wind would have to be from the South east. It might well be just a trick of perception that has me thinking this. However on the one video i think it is pretty plain that the lights, at least seem to, travel and finally slip behind the horizon.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

No idea my friend. I have no idea. I just wanted to make sure all things were considered.

Will be interesting to see what these lights turn out to be. If we ever find out.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Nerevar

SERIOUSLY FFS!!!!!!!!

I am only going to put this one more time seeing as I live in the area (well just outside)

The lights were filmed in the direction of Jarrow/South Shields... South Shields is a seaside town... I.E. ITS RIGHT NEXT TO THE SEA.

The lights could easily have been a few miles out to sea! They weren't filmed over Gateshead or the River Tyne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to help people out here with some knowledge of the area, but most people just seem to either ignore the info so it helps suit their hypothesis, or are just too damn lazy to read other posts before typing their own!!!!!!

Starting to get really bored of writing the same things over and over again so I'm out! Have fun working out what these were!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

At exactly the 5:00 mark, while all lights are traveling from left to right, the light that appears at the top left at 5:00 falls considerably, i would assume that the parachute on the flare had trouble opening, when it does open, it joins the current "flow" of the others. i would say flares.

I've posted twice about this particular part and no-one has bothered to respond!

It is a trick made by aliens to comprehend the objects as "unintelligent".

This explains not much. At least, it is far frm being conclusive. You have to make the connection between this movement you mention and regarding the objects as flares. We need more background information.
But sure you have a point.
IMHO, what we see are
A) Flares dropped from different helicopters.
B) Lanters dropped from a hill.
C) Alien Godzilla dropping her baby soldiers to invade the earth in a couple of months.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And some of the lights seem to appear sideways... so how does that tie in with flares? It just goes to show on footage like this, trying pick out specifics is a very difficult and dangerous task. it is easy to assign explanations to something you have no real true data on.

And could someone explain to me why the flares are this colour and not green and red? which i believe are the standard colours for night illumination?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by FireMoon]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I think they are orange, as the guy who filmed it mentions a couple of time during the video. Color change probably because of the footage technique.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Nerevar

SERIOUSLY FFS!!!!!!!!

I am only going to put this one more time seeing as I live in the area (well just outside)

The lights were filmed in the direction of Jarrow/South Shields... South Shields is a seaside town... I.E. ITS RIGHT NEXT TO THE SEA.

The lights could easily have been a few miles out to sea! They weren't filmed over Gateshead or the River Tyne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to help people out here with some knowledge of the area, but most people just seem to either ignore the info so it helps suit their hypothesis, or are just too damn lazy to read other posts before typing their own!!!!!!

Starting to get really bored of writing the same things over and over again so I'm out! Have fun working out what these were!

You might live there but you obviously haven't a clue what you are talking about or read what the flimers said. They are at Cleadon Mill looking over Gateshead... IE In exactly the opposite direction to the sea. They are looking inland.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh dear the irony eh?!

Many apologies... next time i'll just keep quiet I think.

Now where's that humble pie I made?...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon

And some of the lights seem to appear sideways... so how does that tie in with flares? It just goes to show on footage like this, trying pick out specifics is a very difficult and dangerous task. it is easy to assign explanations to something you have no real true data on.

And could someone explain to me why the flares are this colour and not green and red? which i believe are the standard colours for night illumination?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by FireMoon]

I hear what you're saying but I still think sometimes there can be one specific part or key moment in a film like this that gives away what's going on.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ajax_andy

Fair play if you think the whole thing is a hoax. I can see what you mean, but that gap from the camera down the Newcastle Road leading into the edge of the City, where they are no lights and then loads. looks about right to my eyes.

Orange flares? That's a new on me. Night vision flares are white/red/green/blue.. Can;t honestly say I've seen orange flares.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

SERIOUSLY FFS!!!!!

Read the whole thread and think next time before posting, it saves these highly embrassing moments.

I had a few when first joining ATS, I soon learnt.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Right guys, I have contacted every local newspaper I can think of, as well as local tv news, by email. I await replies, and I will let you know how it goes.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

SERIOUSLY FFS!!!!!

Read the whole thread and think next time before posting, it saves these highly embrassing moments.

I had a few when first joining ATS, I soon learnt.

LOl well said FREE

Hi btw..

I actually think this thread is going very well at the moment , most are analysing rather than screaming at each other with extreme views ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Maybe maybe not keep working on that history that has sparked a memory.

Mozzy keep working on the truth ..AS YOU saw it ...

so in my mind ..

we are down to..

hoax... (sry mozzy we have to consider this) although i believe u think you saw what you think you saw. ( if u get what i mean)

Flares

U.F.O

U.T.O ( unidentified terrestrial object .. did i just make that one up?)

i say the above list in no particular order ... i know lots are screaming flares and lots not but i think Flares is still in the running...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join