It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Footage from Northeast England 7-18-10

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
Is Ashford Kent anywhere near our area? I am only asking because this guy seemed to have caught a few and they do have the orange color and just seem to "appear" as well. Takes him a few to get steady, but there is a odd resemblance. This was caught last night I guess.

Seems England is lighting up!

Nowhere near. Ashford, Kent is in the south of England and Cleadon is in the North East of England. In any case this new footage shows orange lights which are different from the ones we were looking at.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Perhaps, but the guy in the background and mozzy as well have both stated they were orange in color. That is why I posted it. Doesn't mean they cant travel

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
first time post so please be gentle.

great thread!

apologies if this has already been mentioned but i wondered if anyone had an thoughts about what happens in Part 2 of the video, more specifically what occurs at 2:40 secs.

the ball of light on the far right side darts quickly further into to the right.

it made me think whether we can deduce anything by looking at the objects quick movement?

has the footage been paused then let go a few seconds later?

is the wind pushing the object downwards?

or would the distance the object travelled be inconceivable for any manmade tech?

i hope somebody does some further scientific analysis. especially regarding the speed and size of these objects. they look massive but i would like to know how big exactly!

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/viyU0xzH1Ks&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

[edit on 25-7-2010 by escrow]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
In response to the comments that they may have dropped from the cleadon tower, in comparison the tower was to the left us, while the lights were much further to the right, aslmot directly ahead. The tower is actually very close by, about a mile, and was visible to the left at all times. The lights however, were very far away on the horizon, infront of us. They definitley didnt drop from the tower.

I will go and take some photos myself from the same spot at daytime, but until then, I found this

www.flickr.com...

The lights would have appeared to the middle left of the pic, as you can see it is open sky.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mozzy1113

Below is a google earth view of the Mill and the water tower with north at the top.
The wind direction is shown as the orange line based on the almanac info from my last post.

I am still not clear what date the 2:00AM time was really on....The date would change to the 19th after midnight
Please clarify the early morning date was in fact July 18th. The winds where different (higher) on the morning of the 19th.
The distance from the mill to the water tower is .28 miles or .45 km.

Based on the description of our new member (Mozzy) who was there at the time of the filming.
Please point us to the actual direction you or your father had the camera pointed. I think I have it pretty close, but if you could pinpoint it for us, we might be able to determine the flight path and possibly an approximate speed.
This, along with the weather data for the time, will help us determine if these lights are moving with, or against the wind or even some other direction. Thus narrowing possibilities .

Thanks. And Welcome to ATS!

ATS will get to the bottom of this...we always do!

And perspective with the Sea Shore.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by escrow
first time post so please be gentle.

great thread!

apologies if this has already been mentioned but i wondered if anyone had an thoughts about what happens in Part 2 of the video, more specifically what occurs at 2:40 secs.

the ball of light on the far right side darts quickly further into to the right.

it made me think whether we can deduce anything by looking at the objects quick movement?

has the footage been paused then let go a few seconds later?

is the wind pushing the object downwards?

or would the distance the object travelled be inconceivable for any manmade tech?

i hope somebody does some further scientific analysis. especially regarding the speed and size of these objects. they look massive but i would like to know how big exactly!

width="480" height="385"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/viyU0xzH1Ks&hl=en_GB&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

[edit on 25-7-2010 by escrow]

Very very good eye escrow.
As if I haven't watched this video enough all ready, lol, I did go look to see what you were talking about. I couldn't figure it out at first because you said it was at the 2:40 mark. It is actually at the 2:50 mark.
I made a short little clip to show it. I don't think the video was paused as they seemed to keep it running, but it is certainly interesting.
So, is this what you are talking about? I don't think a flare could ever move That fast...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

That is not going to be e easy at all. The direction of the camera is almost due west ..probably wwnw... Looking towards Gateshead.. It is virtually impossible to say for sure what direction they are travelling in as there are no real visible markers to give depth of field and distance. in the second longer video the impression i get is that the lights a moving North West and slipping behind the ridge That would see them as object travelling at a fairly consistent height in a North Westerly direction.

However, that could be a just an artifact of the perspective we are seeing and the objects could just was be, moving from South South West to North North east.

At the moment and this could change .. I think we are seeing them moving North West and vanishing over the horizon. The second longer film clip i am fairly sure the horizon is just in view and the lights, do indeed disappear over it. The day time picture provided does actually correlate with this theory.

That said, it is , at the moment just speculation. I am sure they are not flares or lanterns, the plasma explanation would seem to have some legs for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Mozzy said:

the cleadon tower, in comparison the tower was to the left us, while the lights were much further to the right, aslmot directly ahead. The tower is actually very close by, about a mile, and was visible to the left at all times.

Originally posted by mozzy1113
the coordinates for the mill are

54'57'42.77" N 10'23'36.78" W

I checked and we were looking North-Northwest

If Mozzy said that the water tower was on their left, and they were at (standing just beside) the Mill, the only way the water tower was on the left of them is if they are looking north or north east.

Look at the maps I posted above. If they were looking west, the water tower would have been on their right.

Based on That description, they were not looking west.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

That is very interesting "jump".
The sequence you have shown appears to be seamless due observing the slight motion (gyration) of the ground based lights. In other words, The "jump" looks to have occurred in real time. Very strange indeed!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeptepi
[

If Mozzy said that the water tower was on their left, and they were at (standing just beside) the Mill, the only way the water tower was on the left of them is if they are looking north or north east.

Look at the maps I posted above. If they were looking west, the water tower would have been on their right.

Based on That description, they were not looking west.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Zeptepi]

You are correct !

See the photo below. Mozzy was at the mill and as she said the tower was on the left. You can see the Tower is about a mile or more from the photo, not .23 miles. The measurements on google is incorrect.

If , as Mozzy said, the tower was a bit further left than where each light starts, then the idea of lanterns/flare beng dropped from the tower is not valid. However, I must say that if the tower was indeed where the lights started , but not visible, then flares could have been dropped from there.

With the map and wind direction everything accords with the light moving from left to right due to the wind.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Guys I have got myself confused, and I have given you incorrect information. The tower was to the right of where were were looking, NOT to the left. We were standing just to the left of the mill, looking north northwest. The tower was in front and to the right of where we were looking. The tower is clearly visible, even at night, as it is in fact very close to the mill. By contrast, the lights were very far in this distance, and NOT coming from the tower, of that I am certain. The tower is less than a mile away from where we wer standing, and as I said, was clearly visible at all times.

I have used one of those maps and drawn a line on it to show which way we were looking, however I dont know how to upload it, if anyone could help me with this I would be grateful

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse

Very very good eye escrow.
As if I haven't watched this video enough all ready, lol, I did go look to see what you were talking about. I couldn't figure it out at first because you said it was at the 2:40 mark. It is actually at the 2:50 mark.
I made a short little clip to show it. I don't think the video was paused as they seemed to keep it running, but it is certainly interesting.
So, is this what you are talking about? I don't think a flare could ever move That fast...

yes, your quite right, my mistake the jump does happen around the 2:50 mark. thanks for making a video edit.

i think there are also other 'jumps' to be seen throughout the clips but are difficult to pin point because the amount of action to digest. this jump is by far the longest which i noticed. ideally you would need a team of people studying the footage, each person homing on one orb. lol

needless to say someone with equipment and technical knowledge could measure the distance the objects are hovering over and be able to roughly indicate the objects size and in this instance calculate the objects 'jump' length and the speed it would have to be travelling.

i think it's worth putting the whole image through some kinda colour spectrum anaylsis - like what they did with the AZ lights and seeing how straight and precise these objects hold their shape. flares will always show inconsistent lines of varying fluctuation,

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

If they were dropped from a tower how did they hang there for 20 minutes when the tower looks to be around 50 feet high? I am comfortable in saying "not flares"

Nice pointing out the Jump this keeps getting better.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Following from my post some pages ago on other sightings over Gateshead, I have found another reported sighting of a light over Gateshead and thought it would be good to compare all three sightings.

Here is the third sighting I have found:

England: A witness watches as a bright white light 'discards' something over Gateshead

From the link:

England: A witness watches as a bright white light 'discards' something over Gateshead

Posted: July 17, 2010

Location of Sighting: Gateshead ne11
Date of Sighting: 17th July 2010
Time: 01.40

Witness Statement: I was at work and went out to get some fresh air and was admiring the stars as they were so bright. When to the west above Winlaton a white bright light traveling north was spotted, when suddenly the light got brighter, but there was no noise and it appeared to discard something. The bright light disappeared very quickly but whatever it had discarded which had a dull light appeared to linger in the sky descending very slowly and then hovering which also quickly disappeared after about 10 minutes.

Link

It seems to me all three sightings speak of one light, as opposed to multiple lights as seen in the video.

There has been some interesting theories and views raised in the past few pages, such as the poster who states he trained with the infantry and states they were flares, and indeed, the pictures of maps of the area and yigsstarhouse's video edit.

I think the Ashford, Kent video, which is indeed far from Gateshead, looks like Chinese Lanterns (sorry!) but it is interesting some fly in pairs.

I am going to keep investigating this by looking for other eyewitness reports and other such things.

I have found this as well, about a light spotted over Gateshead Millennium Bridge on the River Tyne, from August 9th 2009.

UFO invades BBC Breakfast (includes Video)

From the link:

UFO invades BBC Breakfast

By VINCE SOODIN

Published: 06 Aug 2009

A UFO mystery has been sparked after a flashing light was spotted on BBC breakfast television.
Viewers watched in amazement as the white probe-like object appeared on the Look North morning show.

It was described as "intriguing" and a "genuine mystery" by UFO expert Nick Pope.

The UFO was captured on a webcam on Tuesday as it passed over the Gateshead Millennium Bridge on the River Tyne.

Viewers spotted the object when pictures from the weather camera were used as a backdrop on the breakfast show behind presenter Colin Briggs.

Former MoD UFO investigator Mr Pope said: "At first I thought it was a bird, but the slowed down footage seems to rule this out. It's an intriguing film and a genuine mystery."

Link

The headline is indeed rather sensationalist, but interesting case in relation to Gateshead.

This last article from 30 August 2009 is very interesting, even if I'm not convinced the lights in the video are chinese lanterns:

Paper lanterns spark UFO report

From the link:

Paper lanterns spark UFO report

Reports of bright orange lights over the night sky on Tyneside were sparked by illuminated paper lanterns being released in a park, police said.

Witnesses reported seeing clusters of lights speeding through the sky from the Gateshead area on Saturday night.

One man called police to report orange-coloured objects flying over his house, a police spokesman said.

Inquiries later found a number of paper lanterns had been set off in nearby Saltwell Park.

Rob Middleton, 55, of Consiton Place, Gateshead, said dozens of people came out on to his street to view the objects.

He said: "There was about 30 or 40 lights in total and they were flying in formation in a straight line for up to about half-an-hour.

"They were really low and there was no tail behind them, they were definitely not aeroplanes.

"Everyone was gathered in the street watching and some people were expecting an alien invasion."

Andy Howland, 38, of Leeds, also saw the lights but from the other side of the River Tyne during a visit to Newcastle.

He said: "It was a really weird sight. At first there was little clusters of about four or five lights and then after that there were big rose-coloured ones.

"They all came in from the Gateshead area and then headed out to sea."

Link

The article report was from 30 August 2009.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Unknown Soldier.....

G'day me ol' mate! 'ows the channeling?

I'm still thinking "flares".

I think the "jump" might be explained by one "flare" going out & another "flare" reigniting. That is something I've seen misintepreted previously as rapid movement.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There was an Illegal all night warehouse party near the river in Gateshead

some pilled up twat let loads of flares off thining it would be "trippy"

thats all

[edit on 26/7/10 by Smiler74]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Guys paul asks me to send his apologies that he cant be here to answer your questions (as he is the person ideally you need to be speaking to) but he has no internet access at the moment.

However he has asked me to tell you he has done some research, and apparently dropping flares from a plane over a populated area is illegal in Britain, as is shooting them from the ground. This seems to rule out the theory that it is a military exercise?

After being in touch with the news apparently it was witnessed and seen by many people (not just us as I first thought), but the papers just arent taking it seriously. Apparently one old man was openly laughed at when he reported what he had seen to the local news.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
it could just be normal aircraft turning lights on and off, some sort of training

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

What aircraft travels that slowly? The fact it's been dismissed out of hand by the local press suggest to me that, it's a genuine unknown. Doesn't make it the vanguard of the fleet from Eta Eridani, but I would say they are definite unknowns.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yigsstarhouse

If you pause the playback on your clip at 22 seconds, grab the slider and move it slowly from 23 to 24 seconds you'll see the light jump twice. Once down showing up within the "town?" lights and at 24 seconds back up and to the right.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join