It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges over G20 man's death

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Absolute disgrace, the police in london have been ruining my life for 18 years without me ever committing a crime, but on this there is video evidence, and the police man gets away with cold blooded murder.

Police = murderers

We can all accept that now.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

The Police operation on that day was called "Operation Glencoe" . Glencoe was the site in Scotland of a massacre between warring clans

www.rampantscotland.com...

This to me had sinister connotations from day one

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
If you could all take a few minutes to look at the familys website and get involved and do your bit.. heres the link www.iantomlinsonfamilycampaign.org.uk...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This is what you get if you behave like an animal, you get killed like an animal.

Mases of people protesting over something they really have no clue about is just indicative of their ignorance and inability to "fight" the system in other ways.

Do you want to make a diference? Start with the way you live, start with being a better human being, with knowing more. This is how you make a difference, not by going in masses to protest like animals.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
This is what you get if you behave like an animal, you get killed like an animal.

Mases of people protesting over something they really have no clue about is just indicative of their ignorance and inability to "fight" the system in other ways.

Do you want to make a diference? Start with the way you live, start with being a better human being, with knowing more. This is how you make a difference, not by going in masses to protest like animals.

Oh dear , you make comments like that and you dont even realise Ian Tomlinson was not a protestor. So maybe you should take some of your own advice before making your comments.

I went to the protest to see what was going on.I was in London at the timeand thought I would see what all the fuss was about. The benefit of actually being there gives you such a better perspective of the event than the images the media likes to display. What I saw was a bunch of testorone fueled coppers itching to take a pop at a hippy protestor. In all honesty the whole event was pretty poorly attended, with more photographers there than protestors.

Oh one more thing Ian Tomlinson was not a protestor get it?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProdigalSon

Your ignorance is blinding.

Ian Tomlinson had been to work and was returning home when he was assaulted by a Police Officer.

I suggest sir that you read the thread next time before posting.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
That blows my mind. This is yet another example of the PTB expressing their contemp for we the people. Regardless of which way you look at it, this mans life was stolen from him and his family. That officer should have paid the price for this.

It is now becoming so clear that the police will do what they want, when they want to, with no effect on their standing.

Sad!

Be Safe

Irishspirit

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
If you could all take a few minutes to look at the family's website and get involved and do your bit.. heres the link www.iantomlinsonfamilycampaign.org.uk...

from Joseph Shmoe srioracle.ats(AT)gmail.com
to iantomlinsonfamilycampaign(AT)gmail.com, CareyJ(AT)tuckerssolicitors.com
date Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 11:15 AM
subject abovetopsecret.com is featuring your story

Dear Ian Tomlinson Family Campaign,

Your story has received 43 flags on the Breaking News section of our website. We respectfully request an interview and sincerely offer our podium for a press release regarding this "apparently" disgraceful and unfortunate situation.

Our coverage and ongoing web debate can be seen here:
BBC: No charges over G20 man's death

www.abovetopsecret.com...
-------------------------------

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies[.]

With 198,333 members []during the past seven days[] we welcomed 510 new members and enjoyed visits from 8,742 registered members as well as 786,780 guests [worldwide].

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within.

And with a highly professional staff of 75 dedicated people, AboveTopSecret.com is renowned for enabling the discussion of nearly anything while insisting on polite civility and respectful decorum.

--------------------------------

My contribution to the subject can be viewed here, where I asserted that failure to prosecute for "Involuntary Constructive Manslaughter" increases the risk that future protest will become more violent:

PROTESTERS RATIONALIZE THROWING BRICKS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

my kind regards, condolences, and heartfelt empathy,

Sri Oracle

Writer-Scholar and Bronze Content Contributor

The Above Network, LLC

srioracle.ats (AT) gmail.com

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
There is to be a gathering outside the DPP offices next friday, to protest this outragous injustice. 12 -2 pm.

Spread the word, I'll post more info as I get it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

CX

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

That was funny, i just got told off by my kids because i was laughing too loud.

CX.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

We got ATS members in that area? We could use 1st hand report from the scene.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

im close to one of the sisters of ian tomlinson, i will report what i can as and when i get it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
im close to one of the sisters of ian tomlinson, i will report what i can as and when i get it.

It would be good to get first hand news, we can't rely on the media because soon they'll forget about this miscarriage of justice and move onto the next story, so it would be good to try and keep us upated if possible.

Sri Oracle, good work there, any reponse at all to the message?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Police, get away with MURDER, EVERY DAY. Even when on videotape, incontrovertable evidence, they are NEVER charged. Like "Doctors", they cover for each other.
Well, maytee- THEIR DAY, is coming! WE KNOW, WHO they are!! Some of us, know where they live! On "Derr Tag", WE are going to be the ones, having some fun, at THEIR expense. Shame, though, about the dogs. I LIKE dogs. It is not their fault, they have been trained by Psychopaths!
Well, can't let emotions, effect my "war-footing", can I?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon

So you're calling me an animal?

You ignorant piece of scum, this is not the thread or the place to throw insults like that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I feel so bad for this poor guys family.
This is just completely out of order.... they attacked a guy who had nothing to do with any protests (although why that is thrown around I don't know, protester or not, his treatment was completely uncalled for and disproportionate) he was a newspaper vendor who was walking home and who had his hands in his pockets... and they battered him to the floor.

He then died of a "heart attack" and from "Natural causes" a short while later.

Although after a second post mortem, It was discovered that he died from internal bleeding caused by a blunt force trauma to the abdomen.

This is pathetic.... somehow nobody has to face charges?

:shk:

This is manslaughter pure and simple, but because It's someone in uniform, It's somehow acceptable.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
I feel so bad for this poor guys family.
This is just completely out of order.... they attacked a guy who had nothing to do with any protests (although why that is thrown around I don't know, protester or not, his treatment was completely uncalled for and disproportionate) he was a newspaper vendor who was walking home and who had his hands in his pockets... and they battered him to the floor.

He then died of a "heart attack" and from "Natural causes" a short while later.

Although after a second post mortem, It was discovered that he died from internal bleeding caused by a blunt force trauma to the abdomen.

This is pathetic.... somehow nobody has to face charges?

:shk:

This is manslaughter pure and simple, but because It's someone in uniform, It's somehow acceptable.

This is really the message I was trying to express, but seem to have failed miserably as people think I was excusing the cop's behaviour and downplaying the cop's role in the man's death. The officer should be treated just as any other person would be treated in the same situaiton; he shouldn't receive any special treatment! But to read comments suggesting that this was "attempted murder" and "brutality of the worst kind" comes across as irrational to me. Maybe since I don't live there, I am not aware of the way things go down, so I do apologise for making any generalisations.

PS: Best wishes to the man's family and friends. One hopes that justice will prevail in this case.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

I get off work at 12 on a friday, I'm about an hour away so i hope to get there by 1. But I'm going to get up there for this. I feel i have to be there. Anyway, here's some more blurb on the protest.

Picket against DPP // Solidarity with Ian Tomlinson // 12 noon Friday July 30th

Picket against DPP // Solidarity with Ian Tomlinson // 12 noon Friday July 30th

Ian Tomlinson was killed by police action at the G20 and not even any charges brought. The utter disgust at what has happened by the general public has been encouraging and so to show support towards Ian's family and the complete hatred and contempt we have for the legal system that works in the favour of them and not us - we have decided to call for a mass demo outside the Department of Public Prosecution.

If you work, try and get half a day off like many of us are doing. Most importantly spread the word to all your friends and family.

Everyone to the streets! Never forget Never forgive!

Office of Department of Public Prosecution
Rose Court, 2 Southwark Bridge, SE1 9HS
London,

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Just thought that this would help as it does not seem to have been directly referenced so far.

The CPS Report on Ian Tomlinson

There are a lot of emotions in this thread, in particular that the Police are a bunch of murderers and there was intent to do something like this. This type of stereotyping does not help and flies in the face of the facts. Based on similar protests, the police were correct in being prepared for violence and mayhem and the report references the fact that some of the protesters were not peaceful and I am sure YouTube can demonstrate that fact.

Anyway, read the report. Whether you believe what it says or not, or (more likely) whether you want to believe what it says. I reckon that judging from the narrative and tone of this thread some people’s mindsets are so set, that they would not believe anything from the CPS or any other government authority. Maybe the challenge read the report.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join