It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges over G20 man's death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mark Harris
Keep in mind in the name of the people. All of this is done in the name of the people (that's you, subjects).

..."NOT IN MY NAME"

So keep that smile on your face, have a drink to help you sleep at night.

that goes without saying!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was there on the day, and i saw that poor man on the floor dead or dying.

Believe me the MET are lucky that this is the only video that surfaced!

Ponder this for a second.........

How comes on the day when i was there, every other person had a camera or a video camera and was actively filming, there was news crews photographers even the police filming everything themselves.

Go on to youtube or google and see how many videos you find about the G20.

do you know what i have had it with the police, every single run in with the police i have ever had in my life has been bad, they seem to all be arrogant, patronizing, bullies.

im just waiting for another G20, ill be straight there again.

Went up on my own on the day, damn straight ill do it again.

Oh btw if you want to see the memorial that was made for ian thomlinson that was removed on the same day check my threads.

R.I.P ian FUDGE THE POLICE

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
And so many wonder why so many of us believe in conspiracy theories and the powers that be....lol. Someone dies due to a miscarriage of authority and 2 medical examiners within the very same system confuse the evidence so no clear choice can be made. If that man had died by anyone one of us pushing him to the ground we would be rotting in jail and there would not have been more than one medical examiner and a closed and shut case.

My heart goes out to the the dead man's family and friends.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Dammit I hope so. If there aren't mass protests on the streets, akin to the poll tax riots, then I won't be a happy bunny. These murderers MUST be stopped!

Not akin to the poll tax riots! They were instigated by the police! I do not want to see more heads cracked with batons, more prosecution of victims, innocent bystanders and the like!

i was at the poll tax riots, and pretty much all the anti criminal justice bill, anti rave laws, anti G7/8/20etc, anti-war, most of the demos / marches / riots in london that have occurred since thatcher... the met are frontline agents of fascism. dixon of dock green is long gone... evenin' all..

[edit on 22-7-2010 by twentythreedom]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
another fit up where they wont get anyone for it, who said tazzer a bloke with a loaded shotgun to his head?????

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The facebook group has turned into an official facebook page, although numbers are low - it seems a few people are catching on to this and demanding resignation.

facebook.com

Numbers are low - because the 'group' has just switched over to a 'page'. Time will tell.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by mr-lizard]

[More]
Mod Edit: Link formatting - Jak.

[edit on 23/7/10 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

That was a strong impact, but I don't know if it was that which killed him. Then again, a suitcase hitting Billy Mays at that speed killed him.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
knowing how badly some of our police force behave towards the british public, i wonder to myself how much more danger we could all be in if our officers were all armed with guns.
just look at what they are capable of without them.

the police work to protect us from criminals - but who will protect us from the police? the law doesnt.
this officer committed a crime, he will neither take responsibility nor will he be held responsible. and so, a proven vicious and violent criminal is paid by us taxpayers to walk our streets in a police uniform.

why is it that in this country the police and all authorities treat paedophiles and kiddie killers with kid gloves and with more respect than ian tomlinson was treated, and why do they allow them to have more rights than their victims and families of victims? - its an absolute outrage.

ian tomlinson was guilty of nothing, but an officer attacked him from behind and without warning. we have to do something here in britain, it could be you or i next.

i for one will be writing to downing street tomorrow.

and i think we have to make sure our police force will never be issued with guns. the very thought scares me.

i wonder how proud the officer's mother and family are of him

[edit on 22-7-2010 by doobydoll]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is the kind of thing that goes on in a police state. With the authorities kill someone, that's it and no justice served. Yet, if you kill someone, even by accident with no harmful intent, you are prosecuted to the fullest. I guess you can't hunt the king's deer.

This sort of thing would be expected in North Korea or Israel but not in a civilized western country such as the UK. What's even more crazy, people actually wonder why the youth has little respect for authority. Respect has to be earned and our authorities sure aren't gaining that respect.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Respect has to be earned and our authorities sure aren't gaining that respect.

I agree, the feeling I get from the Police Forums/Personal Experience is that when in uniform the Police become Robots; rude, violent and shockingly unapproachable; and that a minority of police once kitted up get some kind of invincibility complex, in that they believe the public should do what they say, as if their instructions are a divine mandate in themselves!

What they fail to realise or have perhaps forgotten is that the police force is a public service; they only exist because the public allow them to exist as a mutually beneficial arrangement. The police instead in PR terms have become arrogant, corrupt and aggressive brutes.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Would you be as infuriated if one of your friends tripped somebody as a joke, only to have that person suffer a heart attack and die?

The cop look like he tripped that man for fun, of course...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

[edit on 22-7-2010 by OTTOKARMA]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
New development in this case turns out the police officer had previously been investigated. If this is the case I would say it was a disaster waiting to happen. Perhaps psychological screening should be done for police in future to get rid of these violent types before they carry on killing people.

Pc Simon Harwood, the police officer who struck Ian Tomlinson minutes before he died, was previously investigated twice over his alleged aggressive behaviour.

Source: Telegraph

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
There is no such thing as justice when it comes to matters involving the police.

In my experience, all cops are corrupt and evil. They would not become cops otherwise.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

My blood is boiling. They say the case fell apart due to medical experts not being able to agree on cause of death. Two experts said internal bleeding was the cause and one says it was natural causes.

I'm not anti-police but this is a complete disgrace and a miscarriage of justice. That policeman got away with murder.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

It makes my blood boil that you can't read what you post before you post it. They said it was a combination of blunt force trauma and sclerosis of the liver.

The man would not have died without the police brutality, agreed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jon Quinn

I agree, when the police force no longer serves as a mutual benefit between themselves and the public, you have a police state.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
He was the only one in a scrum of cops who were trying to deter people from the area. He walked around slower then the cops with hands in his pockets knowing he would aggravate the officers. He did so successfully and he was pushed to the ground. Maybe hit with a baton as well.

What did he expect? For them to bow down, or perhaps let him go on past them which was against their orders?

Some people are not very bright. Both sides have some blame in this, the officer(s) who may have attributed to this man's death should have been fired regardless if proof was found, video evidence proves the officer was excessive in his use of force. Case closed.

As for sayin the entire system is to blame, i dont think so. Humans make mistakes and do stupid things everyday, whether their a cop, teacher, or pastor. It doesn't make them all evil.

EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 22-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
This in not a democracy and it's time to take control back from the parasites that take 65 + plus from us and call it taxes.

Are you all happy about the 2.5% rise in vat you getting during this time of austerity.

Where will they stop if we don't stop them

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
He was the only one in a scrum of cops who were trying to deter people from the area. He walked around slower then the cops with hands in his pockets knowing he would aggravate the officers. He did so successfully and he was pushed to the ground. Maybe hit with a baton as well.

What did he expect? For them to bow down, or perhaps let him go on past them which was against their orders?

Some people are not very bright. Both sides have some blame in this, the officer(s) who may have attributed to this man's death should have been fired regardless if proof was found, video evidence proves the officer was excessive in his use of force. Case closed.

As for sayin the entire system is to blame, i dont think so. Humans make mistakes and do stupid things everyday, whether their a cop, teacher, or pastor. It doesn't make them all evil.

EDIT: Grammar

[edit on 22-7-2010 by EspyderMan]
But when they system agrees that it was an unlawful assault. When the IPCC say to the CPS that they should bring manslaughter charges, and when NO CIMINAL CHARGES are brought forward at all, then the system IS corrupt. There is no defending this, so stop trying. Walking infront of a police officer is NOT grounds for assault. What kind of a world do you live in?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Mate, get it straight before you make silly remarks like that. Ian Tomlinson, went to work that morning, where he sells newspapers, on his way home from work, he was caught up in a protest and pushed to the ground by a police officer. He never made back from work that day as it seems the push from the police officer had caused this man to die.

These were the streets of London, where a man should be able to walk the streets however he wishes as long as he is breaking no laws. I dont believe Tomlinson broke any laws, do you?

I was also there on that day and the police behaved very aggressively. There were numerous cases of police abusing their power on that day.

My brother was sat on a railing only to be shoved off by an angry Police medic. We only went down to see what was going on. we wern't hooded anarchists or even protesting. The police wanted a ruck that day. Clear to anyone who ent to the event

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
"there were numerous cases of police abusing their powers that day"

I think there was something like 290 odd complaints, the IPCC stated that about 80 of those complaints were worthy of further investigation. Not one single complaint was ever followed through. Yet more signs of a totally corrupt system. How people can defend the underfensisble, is beyond me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join