It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No charges over G20 man's death

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
this is disgusting, I really don't know what to say.

A very sad day for Britain indeed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan

An officer who was filmed apparently pushing a man to the ground

The video footage showed him being apparently struck by a baton and then pushed to the ground.

Apparently video evidence isn't convincing enough for the bbc...

It never fails to amaze me that people think the BBC is so unbiassed. Are we forgetting where they get their money from? When it comes to the government, they are completely biassed and in politics, they simply lean towards whatever party is in charge at the time.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This got my blood boiling too, how can they say they wont get a prosecution? it was caught on film, yet no charges? we have not heard the end of this I can bet, there is no way this is going to stand as is.

The copper that did this should be up on Manslaughter charges at the very least, the plans are being readied for a protest at Scotland Yard, not that it will do much good, what is really needed is to give them some of what they think they can do to us when they please.

I fear eventually this kind of thing is going to bring pitched battles with the Police, it going too far now, and Cameron is nothing but Thatchers prodigy.

What really scares me is, that if the talk of a NWO are right, this could be an indication that it is already very close to being too late to stop it, time will tell, because we will start to see more and more in your face BS almost urging people to come to the battle field.

Seeing how people seem to have lost the will to stand and fight, then all that can be done is every man for themselves as TSHTF, its sad, but we have done this to ourselves by allowing them to get away with it for so long, we deserve it for our lazy wait for someone else to make the move attitude.

Don't know about anyone else, but I will gladly throw away my life to bring these bastards to their knees, at least then I can have some respect for myself, be it short lived.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I see the Bloodlust for Law Enforcement Officials runs strong in the veins of many in this thread! Maybe it's something in the water supply? Anyway, I apologise for intruding upon your thread and hope you do not drown in the sea of irrational hatred and bias that seems to be common among posters.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You see things like this and you have people who say all the police should be armed.

Let this case be a lesson to them.

The police are the tools of the state, and the state is the "workman".

A good workman (the state) never blames his tools. He lets them get away with murder so his tools can be brought into use once more another day to keep the state in power, whatever government is in power.

They're working for the clampdown, after all.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I see the Bloodlust for Law Enforcement Officials runs strong in the veins of many in this thread! Maybe it's something in the water supply? Anyway, I apologise for intruding upon your thread and hope you do not drown in the sea of irrational hatred and bias that seems to be common among posters.

It's not bloodlust or irrational hatred at all, it's disbelief in the gross abuse of power of the police.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

This isn't the start of the NWO or anything else, it's the way it's always been.

Check out the link to Blair Peach en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22/7/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
"all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

There's NOTHING irrational about being angry at the injustice of this or any of the other abuses of power that are becoming more and more common.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

sorry, what's irrational about hating those who time and time again, get away with violent acts towards people it is their job to protect? In some cases those instances lead to the death of innocent people. This murdering pig scum, is going to get away with killing an innocent man. Just because he's a copper. Does this not make you angry?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen. Still my soul is puking all over the place

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, as I said in my initial post, I'm not anti-police on the whole as I've had police help me in the past, in a courteous manner too, but that doesn't mean there isn't a large number of scumbags in the force, those who are in it for the power trip.

Don't forget that this particular policeman was witnessed doing what he did by his numerous colleagues and did any of them even help the poor victim get up of the ground, even though they were virtually at arms length? No, they didn't.

So, in this case I think all ill feeling towards these particular police is well earned.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Life is a weird thing. There are some people who are wrongly beaten by police and die as a result, and there are people who intentionally engage in fights with police/guards (like Bronson) and live for years! There is very little justice in life.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
where im from we riot for much less.

im just sayin, at least with Oscar grant the cop was charged and convicted.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is what I expected. I just feel really sorry for the family. They have seen with there own two eyes what we all saw on the video. Now they will never have any justice for losing a loved one.

Now can you imagine if the video had shown a protestor pushing over Ian Tomlinson rather than a police man. Joe Public would be going down for manslaughter without a doubt

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well said Dark Ghost. To what seems everyone else I say come now. I'm surprised at all this crazy, blinding fury, I watched the lunchtime BBC news today and this isn't even the lead story (some oik is being denied entry to a garden party at Buckingham Palace). So please, a little calm. Keep in mind official proceedures were followed and a decision was reached. Keep in mind in the name of the people. All of this is done in the name of the people (that's you, subjects). This has your sanction. Now, in these times of austerity lets focus our attention to other matters,* drink a toast to prosperity, tell the waiting pressmen that No, there's nothing wrong here. Nothing's wrong here, nothing at all.

So keep that smile on your face, have a drink to help you sleep at night.

*To those who feel this issue is not ended please note: This dream is gone, this dream is dead, this dream is over, children. You'd better go home.

[edit on 22/7/10 by Mark Harris]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
There's NOTHING irrational about being angry at the injustice of this or any of the other abuses of power that are becoming more and more common.

Stealing your Teddy Bear when you were young does not count.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

It's certainly an issue of injustice, but you make it sound like the Officer got away with attempted murder, which we both know is not the case. Would you be as infuriated if one of your friends tripped somebody as a joke, only to have that person suffer a heart attack and die?

The contempt you feel for law enforcement officials is impacting your ability to reason and makes your views on the matter come across as bias.

[edit on 22/7/2010 by Dark Ghost]

So it's ok in your world for an on duty policeman to 'trip' a middle aged man as a joke?

The first autopsy was a joke and the pathologist has subsequently been suspended for 4 other disputed autopsies.
The second revealed he died from internal injuries.
They refuse to reveal details of the third as it was conducted on behalf of the un-named officer. I wonder why?

The contempt we feel for law enforcement officials is real and justified.
This is not an islolated incident, the protection of Police Officers who commit crimes whilst on duty is endemic.

This follows the total incompetence displayed by Northimbria Police during the Raoul Moat affair which in turn was on the back of the 1950's like policing of the Cumbria shootings.

Those of us who have witnessed British policing first hand know that it varies between Keystone Cops like antics to the brutality of some Third World country force through to being the tool of a tyrannical and despotic government.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The police in this country go around doing as they please making up laws as they go along. If I push someone over in the street I will face a manslaughter charge in court why is this any different?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Stealing your Teddy Bear when you were young does not count.

Off topic much, or just immature trolling?

Grow up.

-- Incidentally DARK GHOST - if you keep spamming my inbox, i will report you to a moderator. If you don't like my opinions, fine... but what you are doing is very childish.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by mr-lizard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join