It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a bird. It's a plane. No. It's... a donkey

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As someone who owns a horse (mountain pony), i can tell you this, that Donkey would have been crapping itself non stop the entire time and probably will suffer some form of mental scar from the entire ordeal. Horses and horse kind have skittish personalities at the best of times (their herbivores and its a vital part of their makeup to be spooked easily). This would have been petrifying for it.

They arent stupid animals. No animal is... except the apes who stuck it in the harness thinking it would be fun. And it wouldnt no matter how much you tongue in cheek, appreciate the 'gift' of getting to fly.

Another aspect people who laugh at it might not quite realize is... how the hell does it land safely?.. it hasnt had lessons in how to land, and any serious injury to its legs or feet will basically be a death sentence for the animal. no to mention chances it could have drown from getting entangled in the support lines while swimming or with a water landing.

Sure its amusing but dang is itnot reckless stupidity endangering a beings life.

Just no reason for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yeah, I was concerned about it's landing. Their legs look fragile against their larger torso. Humans just don't know when to stop going beyond the limitations of other species.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I do not condone animal cruelty, but I just can't help but chuckle at the sight.

To all of you chastising people who find it funny. Let me ask you this. Do you have children, friends, family and forced them to go on a roller coaster ride or some other extremely terrifying experience? If so, than stop being so hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

What will most likely happen is the other donkeys will call him names...I bet they won't let him play in any donkey games

This will go down in history, Im sure of it!
The rebel donkey will make sure of it

What a quick change of perspective. From "Damn idiots who think this is funny", to yourself wise-cracking with joking ........ at the expense of an animal.

But then, it's just a dumb animal that won't get the joke ........ isn't it.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan
I do not condone animal cruelty, but I just can't help but chuckle at the sight.

To all of you chastising people who find it funny. Let me ask you this. Do you have children, friends, family and forced them to go on a roller coaster ride or some other extremely terrifying experience? If so, than stop being so hypocritical.

I'll take the one line penalty to say ......

NO !!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
man that is messed up, a donkey doesn't know its safely floating threw the air, its pretty much expecting to die at any moment.

im no tree hugging hippie, i hunt and fish, but i always end the animals suffering instantly or as close to as possible, then show respect for it giving its life to provide me and my family a healthy food.

to torture an animal in this way is completely cruel, i feel its equivalent to someone holding a gun to someones head saying there about to pull the trigger even if they dont plan to, you still sit there thinking your about to die, just like this donkey.

(i know that may seem like an extreme example, but G-D-IT why would someone torture an animal like that)

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan

Heh, i have no children, and no i wouldnt force them to do anything terrifying against their will, since im a chicken when it comes to those things myself
.. im over 30 and ive never been on a roller-coaster
, actually I just dont get the attraction to em or any of those extreme forms of entertainment.

Also it aint hypocritical to force a free thinking, reasoning, free to protest with a recourse to prosecute, language speaking ability, human being to do something like that (not that I would as Ive said)... but forcing a clueless, expecting, animal incapable of protesting prior to the event getting out of its control is just wrong, and cruel... you can also console a human afterwards for a poor taste joke or prank, the Donkey aint so easy unless your Doctor Doolittle.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

What will most likely happen is the other donkeys will call him names...I bet they won't let him play in any donkey games

This will go down in history, Im sure of it!
The rebel donkey will make sure of it

What a quick change of perspective. From "Damn idiots who think this is funny", to yourself wise-cracking with joking ........ at the expense of an animal.
But then, it's just a dumb animal that won't get the joke ........ isn't it.

Dear Misfit, unlike a lot of people on here, I am not a pessimist nor do I wallow in misery.
This poor little guy donkey went through hell and the idiots who did this to him should pay, they need to do time in jail, no less!
When your dealt lemons you make lemonade!
Im not going to sit here and allow those worthless people and what they did, to control my emotions for too long!

I hope and pray they pay a price for what they did! In the meantime, I thank God the donkey survived! There is no doubt he has changed since being a victim of dumbasses pleasure!
But you know what?
Im not going to be a sour puss and continue to spout negativity on this thread either.
Why?
For one, I am hoping the authorities are truly going to deal with the problem.
Two, I don't hold onto what I can't change, if I did, I would grow old and wrinkle FAST!
Three, my particular personality usually defaults to dealing with issues that upset me in a way of comedy but underneath, I am all serious!
So, as I said before, thank God the donkey survived the ordeal.
Now, as I said before...... the other donkeys might not let him play in any donkey games

Misfit, since the little guy didn't die, lets allow his life to move forward, lets move forward ourselves

....... I hope the donkey becomes popular amongst his peers and lands a beautiful sweet lady donkey and is worshiped as a king for surviving this!

If he is shunned by his peers, well, I hope he turns into a rebel and still lands a beautiful sweet lady donkey!

The last thing I hope doesn't happen though, is that he wallow in his misery like many humans do.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

How does anyone really know what the donkey was feeling? Maybe he was enjoying the view.

You are assuming that a donkey feels emotions just like humans.

I agree it was a bit mean of these people to do this to the donkey but in the grand scheme of things I think this is the least of our problems to worry about. Humans force animals to do things all the time. This is far from the worst thing humans do to animals. The donkey ended up fine.

Was it a bit mean? Sure. I would never do this to an animal but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

People calling for jail time are just ridiculous. Two years in prison for making a donkey fly?
No way, maybe just a fine or something would be sufficient.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
they wernt thinking of the vegan market when the decided to promote para sailing with a flying donkey. still a great post though and really funny.
whats the chances beer was involved?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What is WRONG with people?

I am ashamed to be of the human race......

top topics

<< 1   >>

join