It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
these bombs are more leathal than one really knows. it will render the persons in its wake sterile. you will not have childeren in your lifetime ever
[edit on 14-11-2006 by littlebird]

littlebird,

I knew an EMP bomb will kill people who have pacemakers! However, I've never heard of them affecting fetility. May I ask where you heard/found this?

Tim

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A good everyday example of the same effect the flux bombs operate on can be observed with a house hold plug.

Ever seen the violet spark when you yank the cord out of the socket suddenly while the electrical device is on. To create that electrical spark it's using thousands of volts, but off a 120 volt line?

As you suddenly pull the plug out it rapidly collapses the magnetic field adjoining the electrical current going through the wire. Just like the explosion compresses the collapsing magnetic field in the bomb.

by the time the field collapses entirely it has jumped up the voltage at the tip, only at the broken electrical connection, several times-the voltage must coincide with the streangth of the magnetic field surrounding it which is now higher and zap electrical spark happens.

Probably where they got the idea for the bombs. It's an old concept actually, power plants were having this problem back at the generators when a power outage or downed line shorted the older electrical grids. The sudden cesation of the electric field down in the generators would create this big discharge and fry the electrical systems immediatly connected to the generators. Not much stuff to be fried but enough warrenting the permenant fixing of this problem at all power plants across the world. First case happened in Sweden i believe.

Incedently if you've ever had your power shut off cause your ghetto like me then you'll have been familiar with the loud pop sound that all your electrical stuff makes as the circuit is shut down feeding your house, apt, whatever. Same sudden collapse of electric fields and subsequent flux discharge, enough to be audible but not enought to short anything.

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ghost01 this is common knoweledge, anything that is in a microwave path gets fried and if not close enough to the source to be fried, but close enough to be sterilized for life. navy ships use microwave technology. the radars use this tech. it can even kill you if to close. this emp uses some of this tech. high frequency microwaves. hell, you have a microwave in your house. it too fries, cooks the food you eat. the radar and the emp use these microwaves signatures. they use them for different functions tho.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Thanks Littlebird, I never thought of that. Good thinking!

Tim

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I'm new to this site. Interesting site. I need some information on how I can protect my electronic parts on my automobile & ATV from (EMP), electromagnetic pulse bombs. Help...
Thanks
Joe Falcone

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Is it possible to build a smaller version that operates within a 5M range? kind of like a point and shoot method?

Also, Say its possible, and i point it to someones head... Would the microwaves damage braincells, or (hopefully) just destroy the headphones he/she is wearing? (Or the Cell phone they are using).

Need some help here and i don't want to go so large scale to solve a small scale problem. Also, i don't want to make people go sterile =(.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
to the post above i would actually want to know... is it possible to stop an emp with a rubber coating around an object.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruizer

may i just say.... if you don't want people (eg terrorists) making the EMP bombs why the heck dose this site have such detailed descriptions of how to make one? would that not increase their capabilities at making them?

i mean this site dose explain how dangerous this stuff is, so why include how to make it. anyone with even a simple physics background could figure a way to create one.

just something to think about next time you go to put potentially deadly information on the internet.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thats messed up i mean why do they want to send the emp over here that is just messed up. Can't the army go over there find it aqnd destroy it.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The thing that scares me is the cost to build one and the fact that you would not need a plane to deliver one.

One of these days someone is going to build one in the garage and all you would need to do with it is put it in the back of a pickup and drive to the nearest interstate power line.
Just park it set the timer and ride away with a friend.

The EMP pulse will travel hundreds of miles on the interstate lines as a voltage spike and fry any thing plugged in.

The power lines will act as a giant antenna for the power grid.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is actually highly censored information, I cant find anything on google with info for how they work. (like schematics) even tried patents... and yet they clearly exist (wikipedia)...

they dont want anyone to build one

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's not secret, there's plenty of info available - just Google on

"Explosively pumped flux compression generator"

eg en.wikipedia.org...

- plenty of designs etc out there (and have been since the mid-90s).

What you have to bear in mind is that a fertiliser truck bomb will kill a lot more people and is a hell of a lot easier to build, whereas nobody has ever bothered to try one of these.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The hardest part is winding the coils
A coil for a EMP device is not wound in layers from the inside out but in layers from one end to the other.
and with the finest wire they can use.
no one has invented a machine to do this, That leaves a very long hand done winding process to wind one.

This allows the explosive to short each layer as the detonation front travel down the center of the device.
And allows the maximum charge to be stored in each layer.

I just wonder if the explosion is necessary for function of the weapon

you need to short the coils at a extremely high speed and nothing else could do it as fast as a detonation wave at about about 25,000 fps
that means a 2 foot long coil would be shorted in about 1/12,000 of a second

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
it is very good to know the information that is posted here and on other sites. the making of this bomb is very posible!!!!!!!!!
it can be built to a very small size (( if you study a little more )) and placed on to cars or trucks giving it a directional burst.
this device works very well on police cars in front of you or behind you.
the burst distance can can be set as low as 6 to 7 meters,, again (( if you study a little more ))) sorry some things i can not say here.
but this is a fun way to have some fun with the police,, you know when you see a speed trap and you drive by and they are left wondering why there radar guns no longer work and you just fried a $100,000 police car,
kind of gets back for that ticket you think you did not need lol
last but not least ((( if you study a little more ))) and do some things to your car or truck, it will not get fried at the same time, again read very carefuly to protect your car,,, this s**t will work very well if you take the time to do it right.. so study very well and go have some fun

WARCHILD

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've often wondered if it were possible to build emp grenades that could be dropped out of a car james bond style and short out under neath the cop car thats chasing me.

now I know that you can do something very similar thanks.

wonder if you can build a hand held weapon thats like some sort of anti taser. where it shorts out the cops taser gun so that he can't use it. or forces it to discharge while still on the cops pants. that would stop their reliance and abuse of them.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
hey:Y'all don't see how destructive these bombs can be. If one was dropped on a certain geographical location in Kansas, the bomb can affect a majority of the country sending us back to the covered wagon days. Yes, they can be usefull if left in the right hands, but once given to the wrong people, hell will be releaced, and possibly a nuclear war can result. So I think that y'all should take this seriously or else we'll be back to walking to the stores, and such.
:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
hey:Y'all don't see how destructive these bombs can be. If one was dropped on a certain geographical location in Kansas, the bomb can affect a majority of the country sending us back to the covered wagon days.

No, that would require a high-altitude nuclear device.

What we're talking about here are small, explosive-driven devices with a range measured im metres.

And for all the claims about how easy they are to make -- no terrorist has ever even attempted to make one, whereas car bombs and suicide bombs are a daily event.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruizer
All vehicles and stationary engines would die. A few diesels might re start given new batteries. Sure the engines themselves would be mechanically sound but they would not restart without a complete rewiring and replacement of all electrical components. Think how much work it would be to rewire a modern automobile.

Yhea I've thought about this - only I was thinking with a spin towards a natural event like a particularly intense solar flare... Either way the basics are the same.

What I thought was the simpler the vehicle the better, my knowledge base is centred around 80's motorcycles, which are ideal, but the same would also go for older cars, the ones with no flipping computer running the show - (does anyone remember when the unleaded got contaminated in the UK - everyones sensor in the exhaust system had a heat attack - the clever people yanked the sensor... the dummies shelled out hundreds to the garage :lol

Any way I digress, what you need to do is have spares for the major electrics to get you going - (again older vehicles, go for something you can get the spares cheap from a breakers!! nothing rare!!) Buy them all up before sit X!!! supply and demand - the price will skyrocket!

Then you have to protect them! - now with an old car you can create a Farady cage in the boot... something like old ammo tins should do, you have to either actually bolt them to the body work - or you could use an earthing strap - or a heavy length of cable. The important bit is that the metal box is earthed through the frame of the car. Et Voilà! whatever components / electrical gear should be protected from the EMP - You could have the only working i-pod in town if you stored it in there! - Whip your tools out, replace the things like the coils, dist cap, Rectifier and fingers crossed you'll be fine.

Prob with a bike is you dont have the space to carry around a Faraday cage like this - but the components would be much smaller so it could work.

Another option is to keep your spares in a heavy metal tool box at home - the principle is the same, you Earth the tool box well enough and again you have a farady cage!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's me again, if this ends up happening, to where a nuclear war does end up breaking out, we probably have to fight against terrorists who would and probably will want to destroy everything we have fought for; our freedom, lives, liberty, and security. With a president elect who doesn't know squat about how to run a country, much less a state, who has only been in the Senate for only a few years, and with there being evidence that he isn't even from our country, our country can and most likely will be attacked by terrorists who hate our guts mainly because of our prominent religion: Cristianity. Plus he will create gun laws banning us from owning large guns such as shotguns, rifles, etc., then he'll make the laws even more strict by banning us from being to own handguns. In other words, with him in office, we won't be able to defend ourselves, our property, or even our neighbor's property. Lately if you have paid attention to the news, Iran has been planning to attack Israel, the Nation that pratically began the spread of God's word and work. But what most people don't know is that Israel has enough nuclear weapons to fight back aa little, defend themselves a little, and still have a few nukes left over. I'm a Christian and I believe that Israel has the right to defend its self from an attack by a predominately Muslim country. Our country has approximately 10,860 nuclear weapons, and the one and only MOAB (Mother Of All Bombs), the worlds largest nonnuclear weapon with enough destructive power that it can level nine small city blocks if you were to drop it smack dab into the middle of a small town's downtown area. So, if our country was to be attacked by nuclear weapons launched from predominately Muslim countries, we can defend ourselves pretty well, attack our enemies with several missiles, and still have plenty of nukes left over for in case we were to be attacked again. If I were ya'll I would start watching FOX News more often in the mornings and in the evenings and not watch the local news stations because nowadays, the media is full of nothing but Democratic Liberals. FOX News is hosted by Conservatives and Republicans.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join