It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that BP faked their command center photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Well you want proof that the feeds are fake? Why don't you look for it yourself? Heck you might even find something postworthy...So far all I've heard from you is opinion.

You are actually both horn tooting. One of you just happens to be an expert in the field.

BTW, he never said they where faked.

To me, if they are willing to photoshop something as trivial as an alleged "picture" of a command center, they're willing to fake other things as well. Like live-feeds from the ocean floor.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
if we stop buyin gas from non-domestic comp.'s we would shut them down just a thought people

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thecause

That got me thinking. Are there any domestic oil companies anymore or are they all multi-national conglomerates? MNCs are like entities in an of themselves and hold no national ties. Of course, that might be a subject for another thread...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah those 640x480 pictures are an awesome proof.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i also work in media production and yes you could fake anything on the live feeds.. however Also BP is under a carefull watch in the public eye they don't want it to look like there "not working on the issue" thus why they Photoshop'd the photo.

However nearly every large company does this.. many medium and small companies do also..

I am always altering and covering things up in videos and photos for whatever reasons.. be it for legal reasons.. (like a Coke brand can somehow got in a video shoot) or PR (a bum in the background of a photo) or just preference by certain people.. (they think the shirt they had on showed to much cleavage) it happens all the time and is the norm.

What you see and hear is not true reality. Once you know how these things can be done, you see it all the time.. especially if its poorly done..

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

i think the point that we're trying to make here is that the video absolutely COULD be totally manufactured. proving whether or not it IS manufactured would of course be easier said than done. but to say for example that if a movie producer wanted this scenario to appear at your local theatre, it could easily be accomplished. he would hardly have to take his production crew to those exact coordinates on the globe.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by atlguy
Sorry, friend. To me, if they are willing to photoshop something as trivial as an alleged "picture" of a command center, they're willing to fake other things as well. Like live-feeds from the ocean floor.

you cannot fake the live feeds. The info (location, time, date etc) is PART of the ROVs. You cannot just take it off the screen. The ones that do not have that info is because they don't display it.

Sure you can fake live feeds. It's done all of the time. I will wager $10,000 that I could do a faked live feed. I honestly do not know how, but it wouldn't take me too long to figure out a method. I do a lot of video and editing, and it is easy to get people to believe all kinds of things. Faking a live feed is child's play for some people.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

which is real and which is from a movie?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

Ya that doesn't look like much to me. I mean if they photoshopped the entire photo that might be something but otherwise it adds up to about diddly squat to me!

I mean you do realize that many news venues on tv use a green screen right? So if that's the case everyone is faking news because their back round isn't real either. Right?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
BP is alterting 'history'. They're homepage is rather selective in the use of images. These are Public relations images which have been taken with the intent to change public perception and can be used by the media if used in 'a non damaging way'. Hopefully, mainstream media will see through it. It's not the snappers fault, it's BPs.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Folks, BP has been FORCED To keep quiet about the real cause of the Oil Gusher in the Gulf -- it was really Al Qaeda.

Seen in this photo is definitive proof of how a "Pipe Pancake" collapse caused by a large shark or small 767 made their bore hole collapse. The rest is history;

This was taken MOMENTS before their well built drill was destroyed and it took out all their preventive equipment which crashed in a field in Illinois -- totally disintegrating it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If i were a graphic artist (which I am) and I worked for BP (which I don't) and BP wanted me to produce a photo of a command center and I was given a photo.. I would also "add things" to it to look more complete and professional.

This is complete nonsense.

b

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

Well you want proof that the feeds are fake? Why don't you look for it yourself? Heck you might even find something postworthy...So far all I've heard from you is opinion.

You are actually both horn tooting. One of you just happens to be an expert in the field.

BTW, he never said they where faked.

To me, if they are willing to photoshop something as trivial as an alleged "picture" of a command center, they're willing to fake other things as well. Like live-feeds from the ocean floor.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by DaMod]

Here is a website that goes through the photos in detail. It seems pretty clear that they were faked;
www.americablog.com...

The big giveaway in just the small image is that the "screens" don't even line up. The whole thing is a PR con job. BP is spending more on adds on the TV news and greasing palms than on stopping this nightmare. And they will probably get away with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by atlguy

Ya that doesn't look like much to me. I mean if they photoshopped the entire photo that might be something but otherwise it adds up to about diddly squat to me!

I mean you do realize that many news venues on tv use a green screen right? So if that's the case everyone is faking news because their back round isn't real either. Right?

[edit on 20-7-2010 by NoJoker13]

Isn't this supposed to be a command center?
Why would anyone be using a green screen?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'v got some intel to add to this thread.... last night at roughly 3:15 am EST I was watching Skandi rov 2 which was pointed at the sea floor (stationary) with the spotlight on, I noticed a tremendous amount of sea creatures/fish moving from right to left on the screen. Funny thing was when they hit the lighted area they seemed to pull a predator (movie) cloaking move! I seriously couldn't understand what was going on? Knowing that there are some way weird creatures down at those depths and beyond I told myself it was just a translucent species that I'v seen on numerous nat geo or discovery shows.... Then came a manta ray looking creature with his big momma trailing.... When they hit the lighted area they cloaked! I couldn't believe my eyes! So I sat there watching closely watching all these creatures cloaking some sooner and later than others when they hit the light... Then it caught my eye, the feed was being overlapped with a radar like screen! So when the wond came around it was covering the fish with the sea floor still shot! I called my brother who's pre law at SMU in Texas and made him get outa bed and confirm I wasn't seeing things! He saw exactly the same thing! I'm not a liar nor do I care if you guys don't believe me. I dont know # about film or how they were doing it I just know what I saw! THere was a lot of fish/creatures headed in one direction and one direction only, not one went the opposite way? What I have trying to figure out all day was why would BP want to hide all of these creatures moving down there? I would think it would be the opposite? I'm actually glad I saw this photoshop story on Yahoo's homepage today! After I read the article I headed to ATS for some enlightenment of what was really going on? Anybody see or can confirm my true/crazy story? Thanks

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

That;s not surprising - when do they ever accept the blame for anything????

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Sorry, friend. To me, if they are willing to photoshop something as trivial as an alleged "picture" of a command center, they're willing to fake other things as well. Like live-feeds from the ocean floor.

For me, this doesn't really bother me.

However -- I'm pretty much of the opinion that "BP doesn't give a crap" and their constant calculation is; "What is the least we need to pay for Dog and Pony to get out of this PR nightmare and go back to screwing the environment where nobody is watching?" They've been doing this for decades all around the world and they've got wells in Africa that have been bleeding and killing everyone around for 30 years.

It's only an ISSUE because people NEED TO COMPREHEND the phony crocodile tears and the FACT that these oil barons spend more on "green TV ads" than they do on alternative energy or protecting the environment.

Hiring some shill on TV and spending money on ads for MSNBC and Fox is a far better use of funds than R&D to find ways to plug wells in the deep ocean. And what does it cost to hire about a 1000 bloggers to make it look like anyone saying the "natural leaks" are really oil coming up from a destroyed pipe miles in the earth is a whack job?

It doesn't matter what the atrocity -- there seems to be a carnival of bloggers who are for toxic waste, are PRO-Vatican in terms of molesting deaf kids, are pro "end of the earth" in regards to NOT getting off Carbon based fuels. I'm sure if the Nuremberg trials were held today, there would be a bunch of people on every blog going; "This nonsense only happened to the worst of the worst and it was merely a mistake that people took the wrong door to the furnace instead of the showers -- these things happen..."

That a corporation edited a photo so that it looked GOOD for the ads -- that's not a story. But when these things end up as photos in the press, it's basically corporations phoning in the story and paying the press for what they say -- just as how everything else happens in this country today.

And that war on drugs, and invasion of Afghanistan -- that's because someone CARES. Right? The same companies that import lead painted toys to your kids to make a few more bucks are the same companies everyone depends upon to do the right thing when nobody is looking. And those mutant additives in your steak.... yeah, sure, we have an expensive war on drugs and around the planet because someone CARES about our health.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
PROOF that Geico faked their commercials! The Geico Gecko is really CGI with an actor doing the voice over!

theinspirationroom.com...

If they're willing to fake something like this, me saving a ton on my car insurance is now called into question.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

you cannot fake the live feeds. The info (location, time, date etc) is PART of the ROVs. You cannot just take it off the screen. The ones that do not have that info is because they don't display it.

Feeds can be faked. All one has to do is crop the video screen size and superimpose 'new' data to it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

'I wonder what else BP is trying to hide' ---

Lol! How about pretty much everything which is going on in the Gulf?? Like a total news blackout? Like silencing the survivors eye witness accounts.

This is why I personally do not trust their feeds. They are hiding and lying about everything else...it would actually surprise me if it was proven that the feeds had not been tampered with.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i get the point of this thread anyone can photoshop a pic but when is it cool to destory a whole coastline

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join