It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that BP faked their command center photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecause
if we stop buyin gas from non-domestic comp.'s we would shut them down just a thought people

The Oil Companies don't own the Stations. Your neighbors do.

The company Exec's don't own the Corporations, your neighbors do through their investments and retirement funds.

The responsible people are picked by a Board who exists at the pleasure of the majority of the Stock Holders. Pressuring them will make heads roll and careers end. Screwing over your neighbor by boycotting them only hurts you and your neighbor. That is why a boycott idea is so childish.

On topic -

I'm in the so what category on this revelation they spruced up a photo. The Huffington's intent is to divert attention. They know people are angry at BP and they will likely crucify the innocent for a buck. They are not exactly an unbiased source. Right now the Party they represent is trying to divert attention from real issues and they have people all over the Internet spreading diversions. The Progressive Party is over and they are using their favorite tools of division and propaganda to keep all eyes off of them.

This post may well be an attempt to divert our eyes from some pretty damning stuff in the news right now. Now there is a theory with merit.

[edit on 7/20/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Just to add fuel to the fire, this website says the original photo was created in 2001.

www.americablog.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
while it might be a clue to other videos being edited this in itself doesn't seem like anything to show much concern over, they just didn't want blank or less viewable images.

You basically haven't seen an unedited picture in any magazine in at least 10 years.

they edit everything now to make it lot better/sharper/clearer/sexier

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Hey guys, when you see those beer commercials do you actually believe that if you buy that beer you get those hot chicks with it? How about those photos of that sweet new XXXX-makers car, you think those are real?
Publicity photo = Advertisement = Manipulated. No conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

In this post you nailed it, the news is filled with only reporters. No matter in which country you live. Decent journalists only get 2 stories a year which are fed to them. Damage-control stories, something to get the media buzzing over something new, without really diving into the story. The ones who do, get withered away by the editor.

So main stream news might go into this story but it won't take 2 days before a 3 breasted transsexual with a Honda Civic drives into a playground, while passed out behind the wheel drinking and driving, gets all the attention.

News is like food, You need it everyday.

So getting on topic: if they fake one thing why not another. A college of mine showed me a clip of 30 seconds he made in one evening. Two F16's flying at ground level flying through his street. It looked like Hollywood.

So YES, you can fake everything. In this case, BP is already damaged, so they don't have the benefit of the doubted.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i agree with those who say this is more akin to typical photo manipulation in everyday media (like the cover of a fashion mag, or an image with a different sky or background to make it more appealing) than to an intentional attempt to mislead a larger narrative.

but of course im a bp/gov't shill apologist who drinks corexxit for breakfast, so you should just ignore me.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bair1975

That is very interesting.
I would like to hear more about what you discover through your observations. Keep us updated!
Thanks.
Stewie.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Another video guy weighing in here, less creds than an emmy but I've been a VJ or live mixing gig video jockey for a few years, in addition a video editor. I Could fake an ROV screen as long as I had a video of numbers changing which can be easily pre-rendered, then a feed of some murky blocky pipes and a bit of movement in a pool.... simply do it with two channels and an additive blend with the numbers over the top. If that can be mixed in alleged 'realtime' with my gear, I'd hate to see what BP can do with their dosh.

It's even easier with a bit of blur and a highly compressed output codec, can't see jack all! Anyone notice how the quality of the feed dropped over time from the initial month onwards?

Just like 9/11 the amount of disinfo is staggering, both visual (anyone remember photoshopped pentagon photos?) to reported and eyewitness.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok I don't normally post to any websites, but I had to join and post on this one.The picture is an obvious fake, to obvious.I dabble in fake photos, nothing major I just do it to see what I can do.I took the original image and tried to duplicate what they supposedly did and I believe I did a much better job than they did.The question I would like answered is why do such a sloppy job?The image I did took less than an hour.

Here is the picture

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If NASA can fake going to the moon then BP can fake a qt. or 2 of oil in a kiddy swimming pool....It's all an illusion anyway.....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Why would we need this to call their actions into question?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
If NASA can fake going to the moon then BP can fake a qt. or 2 of oil in a kiddy swimming pool....It's all an illusion anyway.....

If NASA faked the moon landing, the U.S.S.R. would've publicly crucified the U.S.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Hey guys, when you see those beer commercials do you actually believe that if you buy that beer you get those hot chicks with it? How about those photos of that sweet new XXXX-makers car, you think those are real?
Publicity photo = Advertisement = Manipulated. No conspiracy here.

So I am curious what this photo is an advertisement for?

What are they selling with this picture?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

well my guess would be there "selling" the image that they are doing more than what they are, or that they are paying more attention then what they are. just a guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by asianeko

www.washingtonpost.com...

Scott Dean, a spokesman for BP, said that there was nothing sinister in the photo alteration and provided the original unaltered version. He said that a photographer working for the company had inserted the three images in spots where the video screens were blank.
"Normally we only use Photoshop for the typical purposes of color correction and cropping," Dean said in an e-mail. "In this case they copied and pasted three ROV screen images in the original photo over three screens that were not running video feeds at the time." Dean said BP usually has a couple remotely operated vehicles on the surface at any given time for maintenance.
"We will replace the Photoshopped version currently on bp.com with the original image tonight," he added. "We've instructed our post-production team to refrain from doing this in the future."

AH HA. So now BP ADMITS THEY DUPED THE PUBLIC WITH FAKE PHOTOS and then ATTEMPTS TO JUSTIFY IT, like "IT's NO BIG DEAL".

They got CAUGHT IN A LIE!!!!

Thank you for posting this original information, Mr. Hollywood.
Asianeko...nice find!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
BP is a bloated corporation with literally hundreds of billions in assets and resources.
They have PR FIRMS, LOBBYISTS BOTH FEDERAL AND STATE IN MANY COUNTRIES....tHEIR RESOURCES ARE VIRTUALLY UNLIMITED.
Did they fake ROV footage? Possibly, could have shown looped tapes too....
Do they control what we see down there?
The answer is an obvious yes to all of the above...
BP has shown it has NO morals, no honesty, no honour......
BP will do and say whatever they figure will give them a better bottom line....case closed.
Dont give me that impossible to fake crap its just not true.
They can fake it all at will,and they do whatever makes things good for BP.
Dont ever for one second think that BP gives a rats patute about people other than as consumers of their products.
They got the lockerbee bomber sprung back to libiya in return for a huge drilling contract IMHO.After that who can claim to moral high ground?
This guy was a murderer of hundreds on that plane.....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Possibly, could have shown looped tapes too....

Impressive ALL CAPS.

have you watched the feeds for any significant time? they certainly -could- be faked, but 'looped'?

that would be a very complex loop.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024

Originally posted by atlguy
Sorry, friend. To me, if they are willing to photoshop something as trivial as an alleged "picture" of a command center, they're willing to fake other things as well. Like live-feeds from the ocean floor.

you cannot fake the live feeds. The info (location, time, date etc) is PART of the ROVs. You cannot just take it off the screen. The ones that do not have that info is because they don't display it.

lol. You're serious?

Wow. I mean no offense, but lol.

Yes you can, quite easily. It's easy to do if you have the resources.

It's not like anyone else is down there to verify it visually.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Oil spewing from crack in seafloor of Gulf of Mexico was fifty feet from Deepwater Horizon well

what a moronical crap
is our Earth flat?
distance between two points isn't line -- it's arc of sphere.

any of the ROVs we see with the E, N, coordinates were NOT at the well or near it, then the calculator would not work and show outrageous untrue numbers.

could you have had data from ROV's straightly without any transit points?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
is it fixed yet?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join