It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Collapse ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
There have been theories talking about how if the cap is kept on, pressure will build up and the oil will start to push out from smaller seeps/fractures. These fractures will get bigger and bigger as time goes, and over time, will eventually open up.

With so many cracks in the seafloor, there are theories now that the seafloor around the oil well may COLLAPSE and a hole even greater than the well in size will be created, leaking 200 times the ammount of oil.

To me this sounds very scary, and it would definitly change everything about this disaster and take it to world wide emergency level.

What do you all think ???

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467
There have been theories talking about how if the cap is kept on, pressure will build up and the oil will start to push out from smaller seeps/fractures. These fractures will get bigger and bigger as time goes, and over time, will eventually open up.

With so many cracks in the seafloor, there are theories now that the seafloor around the oil well may COLLAPSE and a hole even greater than the well in size will be created, leaking 200 times the ammount of oil.

To me this sounds very scary, and it would definitly change everything about this disaster and take it to world wide emergency level.

What do you all think ???

I think there are multiple areas or fractures and many may not be leaking oil at all while some are AS OF YET. These I believe were created from the floor rising over total area and then generating stress fractures. I feel something more comming up then oil volcano scenerio, NOT SURE but something is pushing up! Also I think the area around collapsing well is 1 of many other locations where this Earth collapse can occure.... This is why we havent seen any NAVY DOCUMENTAITON OF THIS AREA FROM NUKE SUBZ SURVEY WHICH HAS OCCURED. They know excatly whats down there... And if not nuke navy sub info. how bout -NEO- with sonar or microwaving/radio mapping ability like MRO that can see sea floor in great detail SHOW THEM THE STRESS FRACTURES FROM PRESSURE NOT CAUSED BY OIL BY SOMETHING ELSE

[edit on 7/19/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

This scares the # out of me, because if a gigantic sink hole occured in the seafloor, there would be no fixing it, the earth would be tainted by endless oil and dirt

This has the potential to be life threatening (it already is to wildlife, could be to humans too)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow3467

The thing is humanity may have sped up A NATURAL process due to drilling intesivley in an area that has been over a decade a hostile geological area but $$$$ first as it seems.... With this being a possible natural Earth rejuvinating process for the Earth, the Earth will fix it eventually from tectonic plate shift due to the (lube/oil) being displaced in various areas....This may cause a Earhquake in that region that will close ALL LEAKS. Humanity though may have to keep an eye out for some major NATURE RELATED CHANGES... THINK POSITIVE AND REMAIN FEARLESS, imagine the END THE FISH ARE EXPERIENCING....

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
well, dont get up the worst horse yet!
the worst that can happen is a huge blowout, that acts like a nuke, releasing huge amounts of stuff in the waters.
and with its seismic shock wave, it will completely seal itself off!

its even better than a nuke and its doomsday stuff it can create.

when that happens, oil company`s will not be able to drill in that "bubble" for a very very long time, if not for ever.

think i did say a tad bit to much there.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is what I've been telling my friends. If the oil coming out isn't being displaced with something else then there is an enormous cavity being emptied with a mile worth of water pressure pushing down on it. All the scenarios that could happen are scary.

This is world changing we just don't know to what level yet.

Now they are saying there is another leak miles away shortly after they capped the well?! Matt Simmons has said this for months. They know it's bad and BP will never survive this. Heck, we might not survive this.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If you are within 50 miles of the gulf, get out now. Five bucks says we're within days of evacs. The fissures were already known to exist, as discovered by the Thomas Jefferson. That's why they were booted and the story quashed. The capping will accelerate the flow through fissures and violate the integrity of the sea floor. This government can no longer be trusted. Is the sea floor definately going to collapse? Don't know. But why risk it. Get out.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

my drawing of what could happen at it's WORST, I know I suck at drawing but it gets the point across

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They need to get cement - or something like it - in around the casing.

Or yes, I would certainly imagine there will be some degree of this hole 'collapsing' upwards. Maybe not to the extent being said here, but widening or a funnelling I can totally see happening.

Their ability to cement downhole, and cement squeeze into the fractures remains to be seen.

[edit on 2010/7/19 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Or yes, I would certainly imagine there will be some degree of this hole 'collapsing' upwards. Maybe not to the extent being said here, but widening or a funnelling I can totally see happening.

Their ability to cement downhole, and cement squeeze into the fractures remains to be seen.

Yeah but the pressure will find a way to get out or in some cases, build up untill it can no longer hold, and blow up

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think it rocks out loud.
If we have stricken our mother so deeply then maybe we will get what we deserve.
I sseriously doubt the earth will collapse on itsself though.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think it rocks out loud.
If we have stricken our mother so deeply then maybe we will get what we deserve.
I sseriously doubt the earth will collapse on itsself though.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Is it possible for the earth to collapse when a large pocket of methane is tapped?
Check out a site called, The other drilling disaster: Turkmenistan 1971-2010
www.survive2012.com
I know this disaster was discussed on ATS before the Gulf horrors started. For those who have not seen, it might be an eye opener as to what happens when methane and poor planning get together.
If anyone knows the ATS thread, please add.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by SimplyGord]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
fear based on nothing .
speculation, cos you dont see feeds the last hours.
big huge stupid thread.

just to get points , nothing more.
BD no S&F

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
This is what I've been telling my friends. If the oil coming out isn't being displaced with something else then there is an enormous cavity being emptied with a mile worth of water pressure pushing down on it. All the scenarios that could happen are scary.

This is world changing we just don't know to what level yet.

Not quite. these oil 'wells' arent just empty cavities. The 'ground' under the sea floor is saturated with crude and methane. It isnt sitting in a big pocket that will merely be filled with air once the crude is gone.

Also, OP, the sea floor collapsing, although obviously horrible and catastrophic, would not be the same as "Earth" collapsing.

Now they are saying there is another leak miles away shortly after they capped the well?! Matt Simmons has said this for months.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Matt simmons made a vague prediction about a leak, and he was vaguely right.

Ive seen better evidence here on ATS for a leak than matt simmons has ever provided.

stop giving the guy more credit than he deserves.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow3467

Originally posted by Aeons

Yeah but the pressure will find a way to get out or in some cases, build up untill it can no longer hold, and blow up

Why?

The pressure would be higher now than before the well was tapped?

top topics

join