It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Your Permit: Silver Iodide Weather Modification is REAL

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I found this Wiki link on AGI,
It has a few citations which I have yet to look at. One of them refers to an annual use of 50,000 kgs, (under applications) although there is no initial indication of the country or countries, the origin of the citation should show that. Another citation refers to the EPA clean waters act, in which AGI is considered a hazardous, toxic substance. Funnily enough, in that citation it mentions the skin turning blue... that would be everyone, not just "Chemtrailers" Maybe the link has been posted already, apologies if so.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit to add link after sudden loss of broadband, it's happening a lot recently, so I copy and save as I go along a post.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
For those that don't know, contrails will dissipate within 10 to 15 seconds after exiting the engine of a jet engine. Chemtrails don't.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky2
For those that don't know, contrails will dissipate within 10 to 15 seconds after exiting the engine of a jet engine. Chemtrails don't.

And what is that based on?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have regular contact with people who actually do the cloud seeding here and they've been doing it for over 20 years in this part of the world for the sole purpose of making rain especially during the last 10 years due to semi-drought conditions. The amount of AgI used is miniscule at approx 1cc of AgI dust suspended in alcohol which is burnt in a wing-mounted unit on a small twin engine plane only when the conditions are exactly right for seeding. By 'right conditions' I mean there must be suitable cloud within a narrow range of altitude (barometric pressure), moisture content and temperature, all of which is assessed by reading the sensors on the burner 'pod'. Finally, the wind needs to be driving the cloud toward the catchments where rain is desired and all measurements done so the seeding can be done in advance so that, if successful, the rain will fall where it's wanted.

The seeding is done at relatively low altitude in cloud and does not produce contrails (even if it did no-one would be able to see them from the ground through the targetted cloud). Most seeding missions are embarked on based on detailed weather forecasts to assess potential suitability yet most missions still don't result in seeding actually being done because they don't know the exact conditions until they fly through the cloud and assess it on site.

They do not fly around spraying large amounts of AgI or anything else into the clear sky, you need a very specific type of cloud for seeding to have any chance of success. It all boils down to choosing a cloud which will most certainly produce significant rain sometime quite soon and encouraging it to rain sooner than it would have naturally.

[edit on 23/7/2010 by Pilgrum]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

I also was wondering about the effects of WMod on natural weather patterns, are you aware of any research in that area?

Are you?

Or are you just afraid generally?

What about the oxygen in our air, the dissolved solids in groundwater, the arsenic within our cells?

Are you afraid of those as well?

Post a study that justifies your fears, or relegate them to the 'monsters under the bed,' or in your closet.

When it's all said and done, the "monsters" are only in your mind.

There is no documented harm from AgI cloud seeding anywhere. If anyone had it, we'd have seen it by now.

Wonder, wonder, wonder. It doesn't change facts.

Deny ignorance!

jw

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

And you are right again, there is no evidence of any cases of anyone harmed from AgI, because the amount used is so small, its impossible to ever get exposed to enough.

But, there are cases of people having been turned blue from colloidal silver. I am going to guess there is far more collidal silver ingested by the conspiracy crowd, than silver as AgI released by cloud seeding.

Quite true. A former U.S. Congressman was so afraid of antibiotic shortages ahead of Y2k, that he ingested large quantities of silver and silver salts to protect himself.

He turned blue. Permanently. No other lasting effects, but he'll be blue forever.

I "wonder" what color some ATS members here are. Maybe they've become paranoid because they are changing color.

"What if"
"It could be that"
"No one knows whether"
"It's possible that they"

NONE of these equate to legitimate inquiry. They are imaginings.

jw

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Are you? Or are you just afraid generally?

Lol, is this an attempt at psychology? I must inform you it is off kindergarten level.

There is no documented harm from AgI cloud seeding anywhere. If anyone had it, we'd have seen it by now.

In this case I wasn't talking about health issues due to exposure to silver-iodide but effects on weather patterns and natural balances.

If you start inducing rain in one place it's not going to fall in another. Am I not allowed to question long term effects, especially as WMod projects are getting more widespread?

Is it that strange to wonder if messing with the weather might cause us harm if we overdo it?

Here a case of documented harm caused by interfering with natural weather:

In 2001, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) investigated rumors that the RAF had seeded the clouds over England. They turned up first-person accounts of some of the pilots who were involved in a top-secret mission called Operation Cumulus. During this August 1952 operation, RAF pilots flew above the cloud line, dropping payloads of dry ice, salt and -- like the Chinese currently use -- silver iodide.

After just 30 minutes, rain began to fall from the infected clouds. At first, the RAF pilots -- dubbed rainmakers by the press -- reputedly celebrated their success. But within the week a deluge began. By the end of the month, North Devon, an area of England near the site of the cloud-seeding experiment, experienced 250 times the normal amount of rainfall [source: BBC]. On August 15, 1952, the day the rain started, an estimated 90 million tons of water coursed through the town of Lynmouth in just one day [source: The Guardian]. Entire trees were uprooted, forming dams and allowing the tide of the two rivers flowing through Lynmouth to grow even stronger in force. Boulders were carried by the current, destroying buildings and carrying residents into the sea. In all, 35 Britons lost their lives that day as a result of the torrential rain. Britain's Ministry of Defense maintains that it had not experimented with cloud seeding prior to the Lynmouth incident.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Howver. sofar it seems that the silver iodide itself is not causing any harm to environment and people, but I'm still reviewing all the evidence I can find and will get back on that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

smurfy....

I think everyone has seen that Wiki article by now.

But, your decisison to again reference it seems to show why and HOW people misinterpret facts, and usually inflate and exagerrate.

"50,000 kg" sure sounds like a lot --- until you read the entire sentence, and then sit and think for a minute!

Approximately 50,000 kg/year are used for this purpose, each seeding experiment consuming 10-50 grams.

See that last bit??

BTW, the "50,000 kg/year" is undoubtedly the WORLD WIDE usage figure. Wiki is an international 'encyclopedia' --- as evidenced by the huge numbers of languages it provides options to translate into.

Again....mountains out of molehills.

"Chicken Little", anyone???

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That 50,000kg figure looks suss to me - it's 50 tons or 110000lb in imperial language. It's most likely a typo and 50kg (50,000 grammes) looks more realistic as I know the local seeding here wouldn't use even a small pill bottle of AgI (1-2 oz or 50 grammes) in any 12 months.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Even if we accept the 50,000 kilogram figure, when you consider that the surface area of the Earth is 510 million square kilometers, it means that rain making distributes 0.000009804 kilograms of AgI per square kilometer of the Earth. That's 0.009804 grams. Scary?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Yes, a totally insignificant figure either way.

Local environmental groups tried to raise the issue of health risks of AgI here not long ago until it was shown that they'd be hard pressed to find a single molecule of it in this island from all the seeding missions ever flown here and it's a relatively inert compound health-wise in any case. There are far more realistic threats to worry about.

It's used not for any magical chemical property it might have, but because its quite a heavy stable molecule (silver AN 47 and Iodine AN 53) which makes it very effective at seeding moisture droplets (it's a gravity thing).

[edit on 24/7/2010 by Pilgrum]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

With regards the possibility that cloud seeding was responsible for the rainfall that caused the 1952 Lynmouth Flood, Philip Eden has this to say:

The Day They Made it Rain

Philip Eden, for those who don't know, is a highly regarded and very knowledgeable independant British meteorologist. I would trust him more than any govt or media lackey any day!

Similar events have since occurred (the Boscastle Flood of 2004 for example) when cloud seeding was very obviously not involved since no such activities take place today in Britain. And yes, we would know if they were

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Jeah, it's just a coincidence rain starts falling 30 mins after seeding, and ends up being 250 times as much as normal.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by Essan

Jeah, it's just a coincidence rain starts falling 30 mins after seeding, and ends up being 250 times as much as normal.

Read Philip's article

And there was no seeding the day of the storm - it would have been pointless anyway given it was known heavy rain was going to fall that day!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

@Point of No Return: hello, You can search "chemtrails" on the web and find a good deal of information on this subject.
I personally believe there are chemtrails in our skies. All you have to do is pay attention and look up now and then and compare.
You can also search "Morgellon's Disease". Morgellon's is a "skin disorder".
There are people who actually have "silicone threads" exuding from their bodies.
Of course, the pelple who have this disorder, (this was first denied by the scientific community) blame it one the chemicals being sprayed in our skies.
I think the powers that be are just telling us it is for weather modification, but we are breathing in this stuff.
No offense to anyone who already knows about Morgellons.
But seriously, check out "chemtrails" on the web and you will understand more.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by brenboo1

But seriously, check out "chemtrails" on the web and you will understand more. Just my 2 cents

Thanks, what a good idea. Why didn't I think of that before? Chemtrails, google, the net.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by brenboo1

brenboo1, brenboo1, brenboo1....

This thread isn't about "chemtrails"...

BUT, here: CONTRAIL SCIENCE!!!

Try reading that, for a change.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titus7
reply to post by Sri Oracle

I am GOING to EMPHASIZE my point using PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE CAPITALIZATION so as to prove I AM INDEED CORRECT.

Cool your jets, bro, before you start dropping chemicals too.

You have to admit:

1) You will never know what I really think about weather modification; as I could well be a devils advocate for the counter cause.

2) All of my passive aggressive capitalization brought you and many other minds to this apparently highly charged topic.

3) You came to a conspiracy site to openly discuss, accept or discredit conspiracy memes and by highlighting the specifics of those MEMES through capitalization we are all better able to stay on topic.

4) Every one of us here has learned a thing or two.

5) It takes time to write BB code... and just by being here and reading this far, you admit you appreciate it.

6) Half of every story will never be told

7) None of us know what is contained in each breath we take.

8) No one will ever really know if a butterfly flapping its wings can effect the weather.

I do thank all of you for continuing to share your perspectives and links with the forum. I do apologize if MY SHOUTING has offended you; but please don't shoot the messenger... I certainly did not come up with this meme on my own.

Now carry on...

I AM INDEED,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
dont forget, their intention is not, "well, lets just poison the enviroment". it is a research to prevent weather disasters.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by icepack]

I cannot agree with that. Please show me the evidence that dropping these chemicals on the planet helps it in any way shape or form?

Be Safe

Irish spirit

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by irishspirit

Originally posted by icepack
dont forget, their intention is not, "well, lets just poison the enviroment". it is a research to prevent weather disasters.

I cannot agree with that. Please show me the evidence that dropping these chemicals on the planet helps it in any way shape or form?

Be Safe

Irish spirit

lmgtfy.com...

Edit to add: I'm not saying it's cost effective or anything.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by DJW001]

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join