It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Violence Lobbyist Shoots & Kills Husband

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Domestic Violence Lobbyist Shoots & Kills Husband

www.thepsychoexwife.com

Anthony Rankins, presumably extracting himself from a situation that was escalating at the hands of this murderous woman, was gunned down in the street, having been followed there by a nightgown-clad Arelisha Bridges. The same Arelisha Bridges who reportedly is a champion fighting to stop domestic violence against women (only).
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ajc.com
indyposted.com
sayanythingblog.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Stories like this make me really wonder. This man was trying to leave his wife. She was a lobbyist for a domestic violence organization. She chased him down and shot him.

So she was not in danger of any kind. What could be the root of such an odd juxtaposition of career and personal action? Is it possible that she was in the line of work she was in because of some deep psychological trauma caused by a man in her past which lead to her acting out as she did?

Maybe after years and years of being so close to the female victims of domestic abuse, she grew hateful, resentful towards men?

This definitely leaves me scratching my head.

www.thepsychoexwife.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Champions are always hypocrites. That's why. There are extremely rare exceptions to this.

An interesting example is Billy Graham versus Pat Robertson. One is not a hypocrite, the other is.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Expounding on your theory about her having been exposed to years and years of being so close to the female victims of domestic abuse, is probably on the right track.

Could be too that she herself was a victim previously and had some deep-seeded issues about it.

Or it could be that after years of thinking that her marriage was better or special or exempt from trouble, she just couldn't handle the reality that it was not.

Also, I don't agree with the theory that champions are always or even usually hypocrites. That would be the exception rather than the rule, where perhaps someone wants to appear magnanimous and charitable. The champions I've come across tend to be more someone who has lived through some hell and is trying to give back or someone who just plain empathizes and wants to do something to help.

This whole story is just too ironic.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well I'm talking about high up there people, like Graham and Robertson. Are you talking about local heroes, or national ones (if there are any)?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

So she was not in danger of any kind. What could be the root of such an odd juxtaposition of career and personal action?
I think the answer is obvious...maybe her career choice was just a manifestation of her hatred for men...was she working to stop domestic violence against women or was she working to punish men?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Also overlooked, is the widely unreported cases of domestic abuse by women.

It may not be as prevalent, or maybe it is but there is a stigma or disbelief about getting abused by women. But it does happen, I've seen it.

Maybe the husband was fleeing an abusive relationship himself, this same situation often plays out when a woman is trying to leave an abusive relationship.

EDIT:

I just had to add a story.

I knew a guy, former Marine, shot and taken hostage in Somalia. Pretty tough guy in the end.

His girlfriend, treated him in a way I have only seen women get treated in movies. She mentally, verbally, and physically abused this guy, and he sat around taking it like a broken down dog.

One instance that comes to mind, we were in the car together and they started one of the many arguments they would have. At some point she remarked that she would "slap the # out of him", he replied that if she slapped him he'd "probably pop her".

She flew off the lid, began screaming at him that "she wishes he would" and "I'll call someone that will come kill you for just talking about hitting me".

I was kind of in disbelief, she threaten to slap him over something trivial, when he stated he'd defend himself she replied she'd have him murdered just for thinking about it.

I could never in my life allow people to speak to or treat me like that, especially someone who claimed to love me.

[edit on 7/18/2010 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I'm talking about people like the woman who is the topic here. Not sure quite how you came up with the particular examples you did or how it relates to the topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
What if focusing on something so much makes it heavier and heavier until it manifests, even through you?

Perhaps my thought is a bit out there, but so is this scenario.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

It could easily be what you said Steve.

Also, I see a possible scenario of this poster.

I think the answer is obvious...maybe her career choice was just a manifestation of her hatred for men...was she working to stop domestic violence against women or was she working to punish men?

Crazy story.

AAC

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What are the odds the woman was on SSRI drugs...
1 in 20 guaranteed to commit a violent felony.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Good point. I'd take those odds. Those drugs make people whack.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I don't think this has anything to do with drugs...that's an easy way to explain why she did what we did..."she was out of her mind"...we seem to use the crazy card most times we don't understand a persons actions...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well it certainly is related. She is a hypocrite.

Just another on the long list.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There's not enough information here for me to believe her lobbying had some kind of effect on it. Was someone sleeping around? Were there fights over money? Did she have a mental illness? (not that anything would make it ok really)

I know it's fodder for those who want to make it a male rights issue, but I can't make a call until I know more. The fact that she was a lobbyist for Domestic Violence issues is rather ironic, but that's not the end all be all here. It might not have anything to do with it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It might make me sick, but oh well I kind of chuckled. The world today is just chaulk full of others having "calling the kettle black" sydrome.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Stories like this make me really wonder. This man was trying to leave his wife. She was a lobbyist for a domestic violence organization. She chased him down and shot him.

So she was not in danger of any kind. What could be the root of such an odd juxtaposition of career and personal action? Is it possible that she was in the line of work she was in because of some deep psychological trauma caused by a man in her past which lead to her acting out as she did?

Maybe after years and years of being so close to the female victims of domestic abuse, she grew hateful, resentful towards men?

This definitely leaves me scratching my head.

www.thepsychoexwife.com

Probably and then it morphed into control freakisim. She became like what twisted her. The trauma may have been something as simple as someone walking out on her life years ago. And then she may have been one of those little girls that was feed all sorts of nagative info about men, bought into all the lies and it developed some sort of avenger syndrome.

Whatever the case killing this guy demonstrates were her advocacy for women had a certain root.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Maybe shes really just a Psycho.

"If I cant have you, nobody can" [bang]

I always thought a woman was going to be the end of me, I wonder if this guy had the same thoughts?

please don't circumvent the automatic censors.
Thanks

[edit on 18-7-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The guy getting shot was bad enough, especially given the one doing the shooting and her history, however, the article referenced in the OP is astounding. I have rarely seen such a ugly instance of yellow journalism. I don't doubt that the incident occurred, however I could have appreciated the irony for what it was without the dripping cynicism and sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Enantiodromia.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you "fight" something long enough, you become the thing you hate.

Poor guy. I wonder if she is clear headed enough to appreciate the irony of what she did.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join