It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic Violence Lobbyist Shoots & Kills Husband

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
My girlfriend just so happens to work at a large family law firm and while it is against their rules to talk about specific cases I will say that 9 times out of 10 where there is abuse of any kind it is the women doing the abusing. Of course the men arn't saints and do things like cheat but women have chips on their shoulders.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Abernathy
I'm sorry, but even after visiting the news link, I still couldn't find a reliable author or source.

Maybe its just me, but this seems a little one sided.

She shot him as he was leaving, that's why the article is one sided. If he had been beating her and she shot him then i am sure many of us would be on her side but to shoot a person that is leaving cannot be written off as an abused wife defending herself. This was a predatory act, maybe she was very very angry but she still shot him as he was leaving.

This woman has had 6 marriages which suggests a number of possibilities.

1. She picks bad men.

2. She picks nice but incompatible men.

3. She picks perfectly decent men and causes them so much trouble they divorce her.

Ask yourself this, if the roles were reversed and a husband had shot his wife, would you be commenting that the story seems one sided? I'm willing to bet not.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Or it could be that after years of thinking that her marriage was better or special or exempt from trouble, she just couldn't handle the reality that it was not.

Apparently they had only been married for 5 days:

One of those fighting on Capitol Hill, or at least she was before being taken into custody for murdering her husband of only 5-days...

www.thepsychoexwife.com...

Definitely an ironic tale. Like the spokesmen for Islamic relations whose job it was to improve the view of Islam. He beheaded his wife in their home...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
She more than likely joined H.A.W.K. In 2001 I had my wife served with divorce papers, which by the way came with an automatic restraining order. Once she was served she went to the court, where H.A.W.K. has an office and donates more than $25,000. dollars a year to the Salem Police Dept. and got a restraining order on me, (which is retaliation...a felony) and then proceeded to call the police saying that I drove by her house and threatened her although I was more than 3,000 miles away. I had to fly from Seattle back to Salem, MA for court, I was arrested for violating a restraining order, although I was on the West Coast. I ended up being arrested 4 times for something that I did not do. Although, I proved that she was lieing. She told family court that I just didn't come home from work one day and 45 minutes later tells criminal court that I won't leave her alone. The time stamps on the affidavits didn't mean anything to the judge. Nor my plane tickets. We live in a corrupt government. MONEY TALKS!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Maybe she didn't have anything against men in general, but just had a really, really, really, really, really, really big interest in weddings.

It's the happiest day in a girls life you know!

Maybe number six, having only been married to her barely a week, refused her request to renew their marriage vows, and she just couldn't face another divorce...so decided to speed things up a bit, and shot the poor sod's face off.

Ah well, no more marriages for her...poor thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by evil incarnate

It's the happiest day in a girls life you know!

Best day of a girls life? I puked twice. I think my husband was happier than I was. I wanted to go to the courthouse. I was happy to get home and lay down.

I think this lady probably had a lot of issues with relationships period. If you looked at her same-sex friendships and family relations you'd probably also find a lot of dysfunction. Many people seek to fix others instead of working on themselves. Sad fact of life. I do volunteer work myself. It's not uncommon to see people in the martial counseling line of work who can't stay married. It's not uncommon to see financial advisers. overloaded with debt.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another borderline personality disordered women who was able to organize herself enough, likely for brief periods of time, to get herself in the limelight of an emotionally charged cause, and run with it. Such personalities can never keep it together for the long term; their pathology always comes out. Unfortunately for her husband, it just came out and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(too bad people, in general, have very poor skills at detecting serious psychopathology in those with whom they are having a sexual relationship.) Too bad, so sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have long held a theory that we are destined to become what we judge the most harshly.
There seems to some sort of karma/cosmic/spiritual "Walk a mile in another man's moccasins" program that many of us get to experience.

Not knowing what Arelisha Bridges didn't know about other peoples circustances are (in this case wife beaters) actually made her vulnerable to domestic violence (IMO). If you demonize someone in your mind enough then you deny the humanity that resides in both the perpretrator and yourself.
There have been things in this world that I have considered absolutely vile and inhuman, unconscionable and there have been times when through a long series of circumstances in my life those same things have seemed the most very natural next right thing to do.
I have valued these lessons in judgement.

I am well aware of what I become and what I am capable of in the name of survival.

Now the lesson becomes "Forgive our Trespasses as we Forgive Those who Trespass against us"

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbydol

While i agree that it may seem people learn to hate what they fought against, maybe it is more of the reverse. Maybe they are attracted to these organisations because they are trying to hide the fact they already hold the views which the organisation opposes.

This is why we see big religious anti-gay campaigners being found to be gay.

It seems very likely she was simply someone who hated men and therefore worked to help female victims of domestic abuse instead of all victims. The fact she had 6 marriages, campaigned about female domestic violence victims and killed a man in such a predatory fashion just supports the idea that she hates men.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You may well be right, that makes complete sense IR!
Either way it definately exemplifies the law of attraction.

Whether you secretly LOVE something or openly HATE something, either way - You're probably soaking in it!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
We will definitely need more information about everything but on the surface it seems like she popped and listened to the voices in her head for a brief amount of time and killed her husband. Even if he was beating the living S$%T out of her every day it still doesn't give her the right to gun him down. I know that comment won't sit well with others but she made a premeditated decision to drive somewhere and kill him. If she were defending herself then maybe but she killed him in cold blood.

Think about all the lives jealous girls have ruined when a man doesn't do want they want so they accuse them of rape to get them locked up. Laws are very one sided in favour of women in these circumstances. I had a GF a long time ago that punched and hit me all the time. I'm 6' 8" and she was 5' 2", yet if I fought back to get her off of me I would go to jail for domestic violence. If I hit her and she stabbed me, I would go to jail as she was just defending herself. Needless to say it took a lot of self-control to just walk away and stay at a friends house. I ended up sleeping on a friends couch until the end of school and the kicker is I still had to pay the rent and bills as she had spend all of her money on closes and drinking. WTF was I thinking! At least I have learned from my mistakes. You can't change people no matter how much they need it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Expounding on your theory about her having been exposed to years and years of being so close to the female victims of domestic abuse, is probably on the right track.

Could be too that she herself was a victim previously and had some deep-seeded issues about it.

Or it could be that after years of thinking that her marriage was better or special or exempt from trouble, she just couldn't handle the reality that it was not.

Also, I don't agree with the theory that champions are always or even usually hypocrites. That would be the exception rather than the rule, where perhaps someone wants to appear magnanimous and charitable. The champions I've come across tend to be more someone who has lived through some hell and is trying to give back or someone who just plain empathizes and wants to do something to help.

This whole story is just too ironic.

If she was a prior victim, then maybe she shouldn't have been in a relationship. Perhaps giving herself time to heal, the tools to cope and after years of therapy, maybe then she could get into a relationship. I'm not disagreeing with you. There is irony abound and I'm curious as to her motives (I'm sure she will say abuse, but someone like her would have the knowledge and the resources to document... if it were truth)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join