It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars shine under the ground too - WOW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hello All,

I've come across these this morning and had to share.

Everytime I try and think that this planet has shown all its secrets, some new info comes along to remind me that I know nothing!!!

We are accustomed to night skies...

Ever seen them in caves ?

Take a look:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b72af365cbe.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a45f31be7315.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fded61c6c05.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97df5ae476b8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a20665d17017.jpg[/atsimg]

Such "night skies" can be seen on ceilings of caves. Organisms living in the cave produce the light which resembles the star-studded sky at night.

All photos: webpark.ru

Source: english.pravda.ru...

Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!

~S.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Thats amazing, Kudos for posting!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow, truly incredible! Is this something new or what? Why haven't I heard of this before? I got goosebumps while checking the images.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Those were featured on the Planet Earth series that was on Discovery Channel! If you haven't seen it I would definitely check it out.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Hi SonoftheSun,

Wonderful pictures. I vaguely remember seeing something on this some time ago but it's great to be reminded.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Brilliant! Thank you for sharing that.

Here is something else you may not know.

Down a very deep hole in the ground it is possible to see the stars (in space) even in the daylight hours. It has probably been discovered may times but I came across this in the 1960s when there was a discussion of the 90ft deep foundations for our school Chapel from which it was said you could see the stars. This information had been recorded by the builders who were still on site.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Wow! How beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. I have never seen this before!!!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Its pictures like these that really makes you question wether we actually know anything at all. S&F

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Or what we do know is important...?

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It just goes to show how little we do know about our own planet.

Pictures like this and the ones from the deep oceans and the rain forests all keep showing us exciting new things.

And it is such a shame that we will have raped this planet to death before we have even begun to understand at least half of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reminds me part of the avatar flim

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Those pictures are fantastic! Thanks to ATS I've come across the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen in my life. (These caves, animals, landscapes, etc)

I love this site.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To SonoftheSun, very nice. i really like pictures 2 and 4.. you could really pass those off as stars in the sky.

Great find!

To PuterMan, That is very interesting. I would like to see some pictures of this effect and a scientific reason why this happens.. How does the depth of the hole negate the day time atmosphere's effect to hide the stars from our view?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Bioluminescence...

How beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing these amazing pictures. I love seeing things like these, because it's such a great reminder of how incredibly beautiful our world is.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

This would seem to refute what I was saying but this suggest that you may be able to see a planet or two.

Most of the answers seem to be "Of course you can't. The atmosphere scatters light in all directions including down the well, and would mask the light from any stars." however I wonder if any of them have actually stood at the bottom of a 90ft hole and looked up? These answers are all theoretical or based on 50ft. Maybe 90ft is different?

I don't know the answer, only that this was what was reported at school by the builders.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
When I was 15 I went to Australia and New Zealand with a tour from school. On the first day we arrived in New Zealand, the bus headed to one of these caves (somebody mentioned it already, it was the cave that was shown on Planet Earth). It has been a while, but I still remember being completely in awe when I saw these things. I didn't know that's what we were there to see, but it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now that is really beautiful. Ive never seen these pictures before! It looks exactly like stars. Thank you for posting these!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Beautiful. I would love to have a room in my house like that - maybe with a pool too

What manner of creatures are these? Fungi? Are they related to the bioluminescent creatures found in the Ocean?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I love glow worms.

Nice pics... thanks!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Miyazaki featured such caves in Castle in the Sky, in 1986.

This is a second line of random text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join