It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars shine under the ground too - WOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The wording is merely a metaphor, and an apt one in my opinion. It seems more of a problem not to inform all age groups of our current systemic destruction of the environment, than to filter certain wordings because it doesn't seem age-appropriate.

If you've got problems with your grandchildren understanding the true nature of the beast, perhaps you shouldn't let them view ATS material!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Edit: Drunk

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Sippy Cup]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

The wording is merely a metaphor, and an apt one in my opinion.

Considering the Earth is still alive and whatnot?

Not really.

*But it would be a shame if the glow worms died out. They are neat.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
that is BEAUTIFUL. A PSYCHEDELIC TRIP THERE IS A MUST !! Where would I look to find more information on these organisms?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by unityemissions

The wording is merely a metaphor, and an apt one in my opinion.

Considering the Earth is still alive and whatnot?

Not really.

*But it would be a shame if the glow worms died out. They are neat.

wheere did we as a human race goe wrong... opps money/greed the root of all evil

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Earth continues to amaze me. Stunning !! Amazing pics ! thank u

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I learned about these things from a book back in the 1980's. Very cool.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
erm they aint stars, also they aint new lol, they are glow worms, very common in caves

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Excellant and amazing.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
These life forms are found all over the world and are known as glowworm s .They are quite common , I have seen many. In fact If I said millions it would not be a stretch .You can find millions just in one cave system .There are professional tours for these in the southern hemisphere such as New Zealand and the Australian Gold Coast . One individual on the Gold Coast built a large concrete cave and cultured the Glowworms with Goverment's permission and opened it up to the public for tourism .No matter where you are in the world these creatures should be near you . Just google and you may locate some tour opperator .Good post OP , nice pics .

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
they are amazing , thank you for posting the pictures

these and the multicoloured river are amazing

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Wow if i had known glow worms would get this much reaction i would of put some pics up of them long ago. Me and my Oldman used to camp right next to a whole bunch when i was a kid and we would often go look at them. I honestly thought they were common everywhere

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Gives new meaning to the phrase:

As above, so below

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
wrong thread, oops!

[edit on 18-7-2010 by unityemissions]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
that is really beautiful, would love to be able to see something like that. will wonders never cease.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
"My God! It's full of stars!"

This is one of those threads that provides welcome respite from all the conspiracy horrors that flow through the site on a regular basis. We have an diverse and eclectic bunch of posters on ATS, ranging from the deleriously intellectual to the downright insane.

Some threads on ATS actually put a smile on my face...this was one of them. Cheers!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Wow! Amazing... Where are these caves located?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I saw some of these fellas on a trip to New Zealand amzing...thanks for reminding me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ah some good old fashioned bioluminescence. Apart from all the wonders recorded in the eighties, theres also a segment which features this amazing adaptation in a blue ray series narrated by Attenborough... Its called Planet Earth, and its a BBC production. Also features some amazing cave structures, extremophiles, and several other fantastic variations on the theme of the wonders of the natural world, in stunning, and I do not use the word lightly, STUNNING HD. Its an amazing set, and I highly recommend it.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I can always count on ATS to show me the wonders of the world.

The five-coloured river in Columbia, the rock village in Afghanistan, colourful butterflies and much much more. Gotta Love ATS

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join