It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS from a modern day slave.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Call hell a dream, and people will strive for it.

Quit your job, sell your home, and move into a cave. You will find yourself living the earthling dream. Full of happiness and innovation.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am 22. I am in the US army and i own my own vehicle and im about to buy me a brand new one.When i get out i will have it paid off and be able to afford my own home. Now im not trying to brag and im not advocating the military to anyone because personally i hate my job and cant wait to get out but for us younger folks at least the opportunity to be able to have a secure job(albeit a very dangerous one) and be able to afford what you want and be financially secure for a little while if you plan right is paramount to not being a debt slave when your older.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good post op,s&f. I admit I didnt read all the replys but there have been some good ones from what I did read. I'm in a similar posistion, I make a little more but have four dependants. I think $1000 a month for your house is a little too high on your income,mines half that unless you were including utilities then thats about the same as mine.

There really are no easy answers, I'm 42 worked 25 years in my field in a highly technical responsible position and only make a little over $50k a year to run a business. For a man that has six vehicles four houses and lives like a king,but he too started at the bottom so I cant fault him to much he built his business from the ground up.

The problem as I see it is my mother was an assembly line worker in the 80s and she made more then than I do now! I've seen the pay scale erode since my childhood. I blame nafta mostly as I've seen the factories close in droves since then. The illegals competing for general labor jobs is not helping. I've seen their effect on the economy as well,all this lost income affects us all. Throw in inflation and its easy to see were in for a rough ride. All I can say is keep up the good fight earn your money honestly and at least you can sleep at night and not look over your shoulder for whos coming after you.

[edit on 7/16/10 by nickoli]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

I hate to say it, but you might be going through a "mid-life crisis." Is there something you wish you had done differently? Is there something you always enjoyed doing but never considered as a realistic career choice?

I'm not as old as you so I have limited advice. But I do know that if you work for something that excites you, you will be happy, and if you ignore your passions and just try to work for money, you will become depressed (unless, perhaps, your passion IS money). I was miserable until I made the decision to pursue an artistic life. My close friend is a pilot who is struggling to find a piloting job, and until he can get back in the air he's miserable, too. Someone else I know is feeling down because he's spent too long in school, and wishes he was working instead of studying. The thing we all have in common is that we just want to work at what we love.

The bottom line is we all want to feel productive at something we care about. Do you care about your job? Your mid-30's is far from being "too late" to make a change. And at least to some extent, I think the economy really is to blame, too. Only you can make the call.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am about the same but i turn 38 this month. i was brought up about the same way taught to take responsibility for my own actions and though that if you work hard you will do good in life this is very untrue.

i don't have any kind of special trade skill. but i have always did a good job at no matter what i did. for example, about 15 years ago i started working as a truss builder, did that for about 5 years. then got moved to a sawyer position. after 2 years of that then i got moved to engineering and truss design. sure i was moving up. but i was constantly fighting others. (as in he my boss would do stuff to make it hard on me. putting stuff in my work area's all the time to slow me down or even making it impossible for my helpers to work efficiently.)

i had a boss that was very dumb but paper work smart. he knew how to work paper work to make it look good and always pointed the finger at somebody if something didn't add up. and never took responsibility for a mistake but yet he was always talked about doing such a good job. and everybody else was Shi*.

anyway the point is for us people that was thought about working hard to move up is total bull crap. the key is go out with the boss be his friend. learn to be like the rest of the corporate America. learn who and when to point the finger at. and learn how to fudge paper work. and Never take responsibility of a mistake. i do believe this is the key to today's corporate America dream

P.S. update on job. my place of work quit doing truss cuz of the big houseing market crash and moved to building pallets i use to be paied p. good for what i did. but the place didnt want to pay me what i was getting to build or engineer pallets so i was let go and that jack ars that just did finger pointing got to keep his job. so in turn i say agian learn who and when to point the finger at. and learn how to fudge paper work. and Never take responsibility of a mistake. its not what you know will move you to the top its who you know..

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I worked at a bank for five years or so, it was #, however I spent almost all I earnt on music gear, and now I have a pretty kick ass home studio, a very nice 7 string, big keyboard, a mac, interface,
I got made redundant, but like # am I making any effort to really get a job, I live off benefits (money **I** paid in while I was working) and I spend my time doing what **I** want to do, which is play music all day, hopefully I'll get this music written soon enough and be able to get some guys together and do some gigs and make some money that way, but if not, I don't care, I'll see what happens, I'm sick of running around doing # that other people expect you to do, simply because they did the same, because they don't question why they're even doing it,
my mum says, she'd be bored if she didn't have a job,.... whys that I wonder,,, because she's been raised to have no interests in life, literally, in order to be entertained she has to be told what to do by someone else, sticking # on shelves, it's ridiculous, and sad, then if you DO have an interest and you're perfectly happy to play music all day, that's not allowed, because you enjoy it, you have to WORK doing something you have, so that you 'earn' time doing something you enjoy, # off the lot of ya, im doing what I want, not what you want, I don't see anyone else asking ME what I want THEM to do, so why should I bend over just because someone else asks, the whole things a sham and I'm sick of it, if it ends up I live in a tent in the woods with an acoustic eating berries, so be it, i'm sick of everyone ramming their bull# second hand opinions down everyone elses neck all the time,

sorry rant over,

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by hawkiye

"I know it seems overwhelming but you might as well start now because in the next few year everyone will have to be pretty self sufficient or die."

Just curious as to wheteher you are reffering to 2012, or the collapse of the world economy? Both of which I believe are very possible. Though I have had to ask myself lately "Are these scenarios created by TPTB to give us an "out" to our current lives, our current state of slavery, and our current state of boredom? I have been looking at these scenarios for a long long time. Not only prepearing but perhaps going above and beyond. Though at this point I feel like I could have been played, just to keep me docile. Yes I am prepared for the worse at this point. Though if nothing happens, how much did I miss in the mean time by paying attention to the lies? Is this part of the slavery?

I am talking about the economy. Its not just a possibility it is inevitable. We have wrote to many checks our arses can't cash it is that simple. All fiat money systems crash and burn , all of them, every one in history has ended badly. It is a mathematical certainty! They only last about 40 years. We went off the gold standard completely in 1971 I believe, do the math. We are at the end of the cycle.

Even the MSM is now using the depression word. It is just a matter of time. Watch California implode and watch the future of this country. It's the point of tension that will force a more sustainable society. Those that do it now will be ahead of the curve. All the 2012 stuff is mostly hype IMO.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think one of the reasons we are expected to slave like that is because so many brown nosers are willing to work long hours for minimal pay because they think it will get them farther ahead. In the end it gets themselves taken advantage of and makes things worse for everyone around them.

As a former mortgage collector, $1,000 is considered a less than average house payment (well at least it was then). The average may have went down due to the current foreclosure rate, but still $1,000 isn't terribly bad. Many 3 bedroom rentals are about the same price and you do not own the home in the end.

However, not all companies take that kind of advantage over their salaried employees. My boss is salaried and sure she works a few extra hours but the company tries to make it up to her by giving her a few extra days off and lets her leave early a lot.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Any suggestions are more than valued.

Get a second income coming into the household (girlfriend, fiance', wife, or even a roommate).

More disposable income.
Lessens risk (i.e. doubtful BOTH of you would lose a job at the same time).
Enjoy life more (with someone, even a friend roommate to share it with).
Make time for family and friends (to remind you why you do all of this crap).
Take time to enjoy the toys you DO have.

You're better off than you know it, really.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I will soon be in your shoes except I already paid off a house but will be out of a job soon when i leave the army. I still plan to go to trade school but I don't know how long that will last even with my other benefits. Good luck to you OP and remember that no matter how hard life is, never give up on life itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

THERE IS NO MONEY!!!

The Promissory Note To Pay Our Debts

HJR-192 of June 5, 1933 is the promissory note (the promise of Abraham) the government issued to balance the exchange to credit the people. The Promissory note is on the debit side of the United States Governments ledger, which was a debited from their credit, created by the Executive Order of April 5, 1933 when they took the gold out of circulation. Public Policy is rooted in HJR-192 and is Grace that creates our exemption. This is your temporal saving grace. Under grace, the law falls away to create a more perfect contract. Public Policy removed the people's liability to make all payments by making a contract null if it required the payment to be in substance, because the people didn't have any money to pay with. All that must be done now is to discharge the liability. Pay and discharge are similar words but the principles are as different as Old and New Testaments. The word "pay" is equated with gold and silver, or something of substance like a first-born lamb, which requires tangible work to be invested in it to remove the liability because an execution must occur. The word "Discharge" is equated with paper, or even more basic, simple credits and debits, that exist on paper only, like the slate held by the agents/angels of heaven that get swiped clean. You cannot pay a bill with a bill and you cannot pay a debt with a debt. What HJR-192 did was, remove the liability of an obligor (someone obligated to pay a debt) by making it against Public Policy to pay debts. All that needs to be done now is discharge the debit with an appropriate credit "dollar for dollar." Debt must be discharged dollar for dollar in the same sense, as sin was discharged on the Cross. The moment a debt exists, it must be written off. The catch is, we can't write off the debt because we are not in possession of the account in deficit; our fiduciary agent is in possession of the account so we must provide him with the tax return (by the return of the original offer) so the fiduciary can discharge the liability through their internal revenue service (the bookkeeper). Most feel that when the money was taken out of society, the people became the slaves, this is not true, the people were freed from every obligation that society could create thus freeing the people from any obligation which they may incur simply because we cannot pay a debt. Ask yourself the question, What are you charging me with? And how do you expect Me to pay? Simply said, there is no money, plain and simple for me to make the payment with and on top of that, if I were to pay, who is paying Me to pay that guy and who's paying that guy and so on... Public Policy is the supercedious bond because it limits our liability to pay. It is the more perfect contract because it operates on grace to pay our debts after we have done all that we can. We go as far as we can to fulfill the obligation (acceptance and tax return) and after we have done all we can, mercy and grace kick in being our exemption to make the payment. Grace creates our exemption in the industrial society so long as we accept the charge.

Please read the above quote till you get it. There is no money, or what you people refer to as money. The Federal Reserve Note is an "IOU" for the gold that FDR removed from the publics hands, the federal government is the constitutor and we the obligor. THEY owe US. Not the other way round, that is why you actually owe nothing.

What you people do not understand or maybe can not comprehend is that, as human beings, WE own all the natural resources, they belong to us. Just because someone came along and mined it or drilled it out of the ground does not give them 100% sole possession of it, it is to be equally shared amongst the people. BUT, the Elite have worked it out within their "family" that they would steal it, dupe the rest of us and rule the world.

Think about that.

It is the truth, you have been lied to from day one. Who created government and why? So WHO has the authority? WE DO!!!

Stop feeling like a bunch of slaves and free yourselves. Come on already. Seems like no one here reads any posts. WTF?

There have been many good threads that give solid information on how to set the record straight, re-claim yourself and live happy and free like you were meant to be, by whomever your creator was. The dirt is in the details, and so many have overlooked that. Learn and spread the word and the wealth of knowledge.

Edit for spelling.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

What you say is true, There is no "true money". We have no more gold in the reserve. For that matter never had enough to back up the amount of money that is in circulation today, in the history of mankind. We are basing all of our debt on future labor and land. If in-fact the chinese called in the American debt tomorow, we would have a choice, Either give up all federal land to China, or go to war. The latter is far more likely. The biggest question is: The Chineese realize we are completely broke as a country, and likely will never be able to pay them back. Why do they keep letting us borrow?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Please check your PM dreamwalker74. I have sent you a suggestions over PM that I figure you'd rather hear in private.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
hay dreamwalker74 i no how you feal man and if you want any info on how to cook for ur self cheeply i can send you some recipes if you want im a chef and know basic recipies that are cheep if you want them just to get you through the hard times
just u2u me if you want some

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TevashSzat
I am 22. I am in the US army and i own my own vehicle and im about to buy me a brand new one.When i get out i will have it paid off and be able to afford my own home. Now im not trying to brag and im not advocating the military to anyone because personally i hate my job and cant wait to get out but for us younger folks at least the opportunity to be able to have a secure job(albeit a very dangerous one) and be able to afford what you want and be financially secure for a little while if you plan right is paramount to not being a debt slave when your older.

I can only laugh my arse off at these types of posts. Son, you have NO IDEA, but you will OWN nothing. The State will own it and you will pay lease fees called registration taxes and property taxes for usury.

Oh and your military service was NOT for the people of this country AT ALL. No insult intended, but you worked for the U.S. corporation protecting interests and stealing wealth and murdering innocent people for the good of the Elite ONLY. It is a sad thing but if you don't believe me, read Smedley D. Butlers book, "War is a Racket". HE was the highest decorated soldier until WW2. He was a Major General. Google him and learn the truth of at least part of it all.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by daddio]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamwalker74
reply to post by daddio

What you say is true, There is no "true money". We have no more gold in the reserve. For that matter never had enough to back up the amount of money that is in circulation today, in the history of mankind. We are basing all of our debt on future labor and land. If in-fact the chinese called in the American debt tomorow, we would have a choice, Either give up all federal land to China, or go to war. The latter is far more likely. The biggest question is: The Chineese realize we are completely broke as a country, and likely will never be able to pay them back. Why do they keep letting us borrow?

WHAT are we borrowing from them? That is the biggest part of the scam!!!! China was given the okay to build an empire WITHIN the U.S., and NO that does not mean U.S.A., back in 1928. ALL national parks are chinese territory, if you really want the truth. They can come take it and we can do literally nothing about it. So I am told, but I think that is BS. The federal code even lists the dates of the bill when it was passed.

www.law.cornell.edu...

Also.....

TITLE 15 > CHAPTER 4 > § 148
§ 148. Payment of stock in real or personal property

No share of stock of a China Trade Act corporation shall, for the purposes of section 147 of this title or of subdivision (d) of section 144 of this title, be held paid in real or personal property unless

(1) a certificate describing the property and stating the value at which it is to be received has been filed by the corporation with the Secretary or the registrar in such manner as shall be by regulation prescribed, and a fee to be fixed by the Secretary or the registrar, respectively, to cover the cost of any necessary investigation has been paid, and

(2) the Secretary or the registrar, as the case may be, finds and has certified to the corporation that such value is not more than the fair market value of the property.

If this does not piss people off, then most, or all, must be brain dead.

Come on people wake the hell up already.

Sorry OP if this don't help, but I did have a thread on how to get yourself out of all the crap. People just are too lazy to take the steps to do it. Not sayin' your lazy, just misinformed maybe or unaware as a result of society in general. My apologies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join